"Well, I am a freak..."

Third Times the Charm... [Kai "He's My Teacher" Side Story]

short chappie so a double update^^

--

 

Sunday, September 8, 2013

                I rejected another invite from the guys to come…here? Well, I am a freak… I thought as I climbed the path into the forest again. I hadn’t visited it since Wednesday but my feet carried me there steadily and surely, and before long, I was there again. And, like I had hoped, the sun was shining brightly.

                I exhaled a long breath as I propped myself against one of the larger rocks. For a few minutes I just sat, surveying my surroundings. I was never an outdoorsy guy, but I don’t think I could ever get tired of this…

                Finally, with a sigh, I heaved my backpack closer to me and pulled out some books, ready to finally start some homework. I wouldn’t mess this up…I had promised myself college wouldn’t be like high school.

                                                       

                The sharp ringing of my phone cut into the peaceful silence, sounding out of place in this place. It was an effective alarm clock, and I blinked sleepily as I hurried to answer the call. “Where are you?”

                “Eh?” I asked, wondering at the concern in Suho’s voice.

                “It’s like 11, and you aren’t home yet.”

                With a start I took in the darkness that greeted me.

                “…” I sighed. The guys had dropped some stuff off at my place and needed to pick it up. “I’ll be there in like fifteen minutes, sorry.”

                “Alright, see you then,” Suho responded. With a sigh I hurried to gather my things, grabbing everything I could and hoping I wouldn’t leave anything in the darkness that blanketed me. I hoisted my backpack over my shoulder and began the walk downwards. The walk back to my apartment was full of lazy thoughts, and when I finally arrived I almost laughed at the five guys that were huddled around my door in various positions.

                “Sorry guys,” I called as a greeting as I unlocked my door.

                “Nah, whatever. Where were you though?” Baekhyun asked.

                I shrugged. “Out,” I responded, picking my way through my messy apartment.

                “I see your place still looks like crap…” Chanyeol murmured, flicking a pair of socks off my desk.

                I let out a little laugh. “Heh…yeah…well…”

                They grabbed their things off my kitchen table and we chatted casually for a bit. As they were leaving Sehun called to me, “Next time come out with us!”

                “Yeah, no kidding,” DO agreed, ruffling my hair.

                I ducked out from his reach. “Yeah…maybe…do something fun and I’ll come,” I replied.

                “Fun? What’s your idea of ‘fun’?” Suho asked, giving me a look.

                I shrugged. “I’ll know when you guys go. See ya later,” I called as they headed out.

                They were gone, and once again I was alone. I stared around the mess that I called my home, eyes sweeping over the dirty dishes in the sink, and the clothes, mine and other girl’s, strewn around the floor. With a deep sigh, I headed to my bedroom, going to sleep.