Silent Sleeper, I've Been Inside Your Bedroom

Playing With Fire

 

Minki gazed at Jonghyun across the table, his brown eyes catching the other’s, and he smiled. His lips mouthed the words that his eyes spoke, and the blonde blushed; a wide smile gracing his face as well. Their attention, however, was quickly directed towards the waitress whose name tag read Bekah. Minki recognized her at once, her features unmistakable.

 

“What can I get you guys to eat.?” Rebeckah asked, her face much more sunken and lifeless than the last time Minki had seen her. He spoke not a word, as he could tell that she’d not wanted to have been recognized; until Dongho gave his order. The blonde’s eyes were attached to that of the girl as the rest ignored who she was, shouting the names of various dishes. “I’ll just have a Tojangguk.” he lipped, his voice quiet as he studied the radiance of emotions surrounding her. The waitress nodded and was gone in a second.

 

“So, Minhyun,” Aaron began, his fingers badgering the straw that stood in his tall glass of water. “Your birthday.” Minhyun lit up at this simple statement more than Minki had thought he would. His eyes wandering the table, the maknae stayed quiet as they spoke. “What do you want.? I hear you’ve got your eye on that old black Corvette my father has for sale.” the American nearly winked. Minki felt a pressure on his ankle and looked up, almost instantly. Jonghyun smirked as he ogled the other. The younger couldn’t help but smile. Biting down on his bottom lip, Minki kicked back playfully.

 

Dongho, engulfed in his cell phone, pulled his glass to his mouth and sipped for what looked like eternity, and nothing could heed Minki’s attention aside from even the smallest movements and sounds that his love had made. To him, and to anyone else, it was obvious; but clearly, his bandmates had yet to notice anything that he’d felt for the one across from him. Brotherly love, they’d presumed, he thought. As Minki’s mind wandered, he could faintly hear the voices of Aaron and Minhyun, discussing plans for the latter’s birthday. There was one word, in particular, that caught the maknae’s ear; and that word was cake.

 

He perked up instantly as he spoke. “Strawberry with chocolate icing.” he demanded, not knowing for sure what the conversation was about. Minhyun, however, nodded in his direction with a grin. “Yeah, that. With more strawberries. You know me too well, Ren.”

 

Minki nodded in admiration of himself before settling back in his chair, only for Bekah to return with their order. He watched Aaron his lips as the dishes were set on the table. The tall girl left them with a bow before Dongho set his phone carefully next to his own bowl, drinking down his soup in only a short moment. Jonghyun’s nostrils were enflamed, taking in the sweet aroma of the Kimchi and tea just in front of him. Over dinner, they spoke.

 

“What do you think Pledis wants to talk to us about, anyway.?” the elder asked the leader, Jonghyun shaking his head back and forth in response. “I’ll bet it’s nothing. Like I said before, it’s more than likely about the video.” Jonghyun poked at his dinner. “Why are you so worried.?” he asked, scooping the food into his mouth with a small grin. “Did you do something.?”

 

While Minki would not have been surprised if that had been the case, he wondered as well; surely it wasn’t bad. He knew that NU’EST had been going strong, and he was more excited than ever to visit the States for an upcoming convention; perhaps it was just to congratulate them. Nevertheless, Minki was unbothered by the fact that they’d wanted a meeting, yet slightly intrigued why it had to have been so urgent.


           Nearly drowning himself in his bowl of soup, Minki finished quickly, leaning back in his chair when finished.

 


 

If you ask me, I think I'm getting better at that fluff.
Perhaps it's just the song I'm listening to. xD.