Live Inside You

Playing With Fire

They sat on the bed, Minki across from Jonghyun, their legs crossed as they laughed. Minki’s hair was wet from his shower still, and Jonghyun donned not a shirt, as the fabric irritated his stitches. The blonde tried to avert his gaze every time his eyes slid to his love’s injury, and the ball of guilt that had settled in the pit of his stomach would bubble every time he hesitated. Quickly dropping his smile, the maknae twittered, his lips parted just enough for him to let out a sentence.

 

“I’m sorry this happened to you.” he said, his chin falling to his chest. Jonghyun took him by the hands and the tops with his own thumbs.

“It wasn’t your fault. I didn’t look.”

“I shouldn’t have left you guys alone.”

“I don’t care. I know how you felt.” Jonghyun admitted. Honestly, there was nothing he’d rather have done but run away from the problem, as Minki attempted, but he was the Leader; what kind of Leader would run from the orders of their company.? Jonghyun sighed as he cupped Minki’s cheeks in his hands and kissed him.


---

 

Aaron sat on the edge of his bed for long minutes after Dongho had left his bedroom. This was a crazy thought. He and Minki.? No. He shook the idea from his head as he rose from his spot, removing the rest of his clothes and changing.

 

No.? But of course he was sure of his feelings. He wouldn’t just sit his best friend down like that to explain to him nothing. But then again, Minki was a boy; their maknae. He was the eldest; he shouldn’t have any feelings for him. But Aaron refused to lie to himself. The thought of Minki danced in his mind: His swaying beauty and the soft aroma he would always leave as he passed. The more Aaron thought, the tighter he clenched his eyes closed. No, this wasn’t how he was thinking. He was sure it was just a stupid little thought that would leave his mind soon.

 

Come to think of it, who in their right mind would ever want to resist Minki.? He remembered Dongho in the waiting room at the hospital, not eager and not unsure of himself either. Okay, maybe he did like Minki a little, but not enough to make a big deal about it. He was a really pretty boy, and he was handsome to say even more. The way he danced was mesmerizing and the way he sang was.... no, no. He had to stop thinking like this.

 

Aaron stepped foot in the small bathroom attached to his bedroom and approached the mirror, looking himself in the eye as his hands worked on their own to turn on the cold faucet. He looked himself in the eye.

 

“What is wrong with me.?” he questioned himself in his mind as he placed a hand under the water, wetting his face with it. Shrugging with yet another sigh, he turned the faucet off and rested his hands on the sink. No, he didn’t have any feelings for Minki, and he really hoped that Dongho would forget their conversation.


---

 

Dongho took a set on the sofa, next to Minhyun, and crossed his legs underneath himself as they stayed silent, Minhyun flipping through the channels. When he finally reached one, Dongho spoke.

 

“You won’t believe what Aron told me.”

“What.?” Minhyun asked nonchalantly, keeping focused on the anime in front of him, paying only half of his attention to any and all of his surroundings.

“He literally said “I like Ren”.” Dongho informed him as he rested his elbow on the arm of the couch, and his cheek in his hand.

Minhyun turned his head only enough to bring Dongho’s face into view. “Everyone likes Ren.” he told him.

 

“That’s what I said. But then he said he likes him.”

“So.?” Minhyun asked, remembering earlier that morning. He gulped only a small bit, just enough so that he could feel it, but Dongho couldn’t hear it.

“So.?” Dongho asked, a small smirk on his face. “Then he told me he thinks this BaekRen thing could ‘work’.”

“Work for what.?” Minhyun inquired, his full attention on the chat now.

“I’m not sure. All he said was, and I quote, “It would open his mind.” I took that to mean it would open his eyes to being—”

“Gay.?” Minhyun gulped again, though he still wouldn’t let his friend notice. Rubbing the palms of his hands against his knees, he became visibly uneasy.

“I guess so. It was the weirdest thing he’s come up with in a long time.”

 

“Yeah.” the tall brunette boy agreed as he rose from his seat and headed for the kitchen. Dongho was happy to follow.

 

As Minhyun pulled a glass from the cupboard and the carton of orange juice from the refrigerator, the blonde continued.

 

“Oh god. Don’t give me that look, Min.” Dongho begged, the smirk still pasted to his face. “If I didn’t know any better I’d think you liked him, too, or something.”

“I definitely do not like Ren.” Minhyun snorted with a smile. Looking Dongho in the eye, sure not to give away any information, he held up the carton.

 

            “Orange juice.?”