I'll Fill The Graveyards Until I Have You

Playing With Fire

 

Minhyun normally spent his days in his room while on holiday, but today was different. It wasn’t like he’d asked for a day any different, but his best friend since they were both trainees, Kaeun, had thought differently As Minhyun skimmed the clothing rack, he turned to the girl, an unknowing look on his face.

 

“Are you kidding me, Hyunnie.?” Kaeun spoke, her small eyes wide in amusement over the shirt he’d happened to have been holding. Looking down and realizing what he’d picked up, Minhyun slid the hideously yellow, paisley oxford back onto the rack. He dropped his attention to the pair of jeans that she was holding.

 

“These jeans,” she began before pulling a shirt similar to the one he’d chosen from the rack. “And this shirt. yellow just isn’t your colour, ‘saeng.”

 

Keeping his mouth closed, the brunette nodded, following the girl’s orders. Eager to get home to his friends, knowing full well of their meeting with Pledis later that afternoon, Minhyun agreed with every other suggestion that Kaeun had made about his wardrobe, caring less and less about it as he thought more of his seventeenth birthday that was soon to arise.

 

Kaeun drove what seemed like the slowest she could as she continued to talk Minhyun’s ear into an abyss. His mind has calloused against her voice as she tossed so many questions at him. Come to think of it, the vocalist wasn’t too sure what he’d wanted as a gift anyway. Shrugging as he moved through the door of the beautiful house given to NU’EST by their company, Minhyun caught sight of the sliding door to the back yard, open across the room.

 

Not a thought of his birthday crossing his mind now, the tall boy crossed the room. As his hand grasped the knob of the door, a wind gusted by, catching his nose, and he closed his eyes. His hair wispy from the air, he pulled it closed and turned towards the kitchen; all that talking had sure made him hungry.

 

Knowing of the leftovers he’d kept in the refrigerator from the night before, Minhyun moved towards the kitchen, his mind not sure of what his eyes had seen next.

 

In bliss, Minki slid against Jonghyun, unaware that the other had noticed the entry of their bandmate. Dropping his arms, Minhyun stood, wide eyes in the middle of the large doorway. He wasn’t sure at all of what to do, and pulled his hands back up to his eyes instantly. Jonghyun pulled away from the maknae, Minki twitching at his movement.

 

“What.?” he whined, his eyes still closed. As they opened, he gasped, unable to take in even the smallest breath. Pulling his clothes back on as soon as he hopped from the counter, Minki’s eyes watered.

 

“Mi---- Minhyun.” Jonghyun stuttered. His voice shaky, but not nearly as shaky as Minki’s movements, he continued to try and explain himself. He was cut off by Minhyun’s quick answer.

“I,” the tallest looked back to the Leader. “What.?” Jonghyun questioned, though clearly not in any position to do so. “You can’t tell anyone, Minhyun.”

 

Minki sniffled once more as he pulled his shirt over his head, his back against the refrigerator as he slid to the floor. Through flooded eyes, he stared at the other, making no sudden movements as Minhyun lowered his hands once more.

 

“Don’t.... worry, Jonghyun.” Minhyun answered him after moments of waiting. “I....”

 

Minhyun’s eyes shifted, darting to the left and to the right as soon as they could. “I don’t have a problem.” Slowly, his gaze met with Minki’s, and he knelt to the ground, moving towards him. His shin curved into a smile as he approached the blonde. “I was startled, was all. I don’t exactly walk in on my hyungs....” he paused. “All the time.”

 

Minki chuckled through his few tears and smiled. Jonghyun was still unsure, taking Minki by the hand and pulling him to his side as he stood.

 

“You can’t tell anyone, alright.?” Jonghyun’s voice was somewhat threatening, but Minhyun could hardly tell, too enthralled by the latest scene. “Please, no one.” he buzzed, his eyes locked with those of the younger.

 

“No one.” Minhyun agreed as his eyes hovered over his bare chest for only a moment. He moved between them to the refrigerator. Seemingly ignoring what had happened, he pulled out the styrofoam box of food and placed it in the microwave. “That meeting’s in a couple of hours. Where’re the others.?”

 

Still shocked by Minhyun’s entry, Jonghyun’s face was straight. “I suspect they’ve gone to buy you a gift or something.”

 

“What do you want, anyway, hyung.?” the maknae spoke in a small voice as he pulled Jonghyun tight against him behind the other’s back. As he took the food from the microwave, Minhyun poured it onto a plate, taking a french fry into his mouth at once. “Nothing, really. I just want a quiet day with you guys, I guess.”

 

Minki nodded as Jonghyun placed a kiss on his cheek, and smiled giddily. Following Minhyun into the living room, the Leader dressed as they walked. They all sat at once. Flicking on the television, Jonghyun repeated himself for the fourth time.

 

“Really, no one.”

 

Minhyun’s eyes moved from the screen and back to his chest and lingered a moment before he answered in his most reassuring tone with a smile.

 

“No one, Minhyun.”

“No one, hyung. I promise.”


Minki smiled, resting his head on the shoulder of his love, as his arm tightened around him.