Never So Much Blood Pulled Through My Veins

Playing With Fire

Minhyun slinked his neck around the corner, into the living room, noticing Aaron in what was clearly not his usual state. He wasn’t his happiest either, but Aaron’s face showed that something clearly clicked in him. Minhyun hoped beyond prayer that Dongho had not hinted to him that he’d known what he did, but it was obvious as he came closer.
 

All he did was look at him. He hardly blinked as he stared. Minhyun’s eyes were wide in focus as Aaron’s knuckles turned whiter than snow, balled into fists. He didn’t dare speak a word, only watched as the fire burned in his eyes. There was nothing else that it could have possibly been about other than the blonde that just appeared at the bottom of the stairwell. Jonghyun followed not far behind him, and stopped instantly as Aaron turned to look at them. Without a word, he shoved past, knocking Minki against the wall.
 

Stomping up to his bedroom, and slamming the second door that he did that day, and groaned an awful groan, using his right hand to punch a large hole through the mirror hanging above his desk. The glass split, and blood ran across the pieces before he lifted his hand to inspect his fingers.
 

“Leave him alone, JR!” Aaron could hear Minki’s voice from just outside of his bedroom door. He closed his eyes tightly before it hit hard against the wall behind it, Jonghyun entering and Minki trying with all his might to shut him up.
 

“What is up with you, Aron!?” he demanded, louder than he had meant to. Aaron contemplated an answer, keeping quiet. He was quite alright with getting punched in the jaw at that moment; someone had to knock some sense into him, if he couldn’t himself. The elder turned to face him, holding his right hand in his left as the blood ran freely from his veins.
 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” he said, nonchalantly, massaging the largest wound with his uninjured thumb. To he quite honest, he wished Jonghyun would try to squeeze every drop of information from. Perhaps then he would forget that these feelings had ever grown the way that they did. Maybe just the disgusted look on Jonghyun’s face would be enough to convince him that Minki wasn’t worth the anger that had bottled inside of him over just the last few days, and the pain that he’d caused Dongho by just reminding him of just how flawless they all saw the blonde.
 

“Cut the , Aron. I saw you talking to Baekho. I heard you talking. You don’t whisper as quietly as you could, you know.” he said confidently, moving closer to him. “Too bad you didn’t let him finish that sentence. “He told me not to tell JR because,”. Jonghyun chittered, his cheekbones inflamed, if they even could have been. If his eyes could have been fire, they would have been. “Because why, Aron?” His lips curled into a smirk now. He brought a hand to his forehead, cupping it before rubbing his temples thoroughly before looking up. “No, forget it. I don’t want to know. Let’s go, Ren.”
 

Minki’s eyes were focused on Aaron’s still bleeding hand. The crimson had gathered enough to drip over the bed sheets and stain them the perfect shade of red. “You can’t just leave him like this, JR. He’s bleeding.”
 

But Jonghyun was gone before the first syllable had left his throat.
 

Aaron hissed a breath in through his teeth, his mind on his wound again. Minki took his hand in his and examined it. He looked to the mirror, and back at the other. “Why’d you do it?” His almond eyes crawled from his hand, to his face. Aaron stayed quiet, and Minki sighed, leading him to the bathroom. He the warm water. Reaching into a cabinet, he pulled from it a bandage and a bottle. Aaron didn’t have the slightest interest in what it was, though he knew it was hydrogen peroxide, his worst enemy after any injury.
 

The maknae pulled his hand under the warm water, and he hissed again. Minki only looked at his hand, ignoring about everything else, except for his reactions. He watched them with extreme caution, his question still not leaving his mind. He stayed quiet as he used a dark coloured towel to paw the blood and water from the skin. As he patted the cut with the hydrogen peroxide, he watched his face. It didn’t move, as Aaron was suddenly entangled in the angel in disguise that so circumspectly cared for him, without even knowing that he was the cause of his actions. Minki wrapped the bandage around his fingers.
 

“I still want to know why you did it. What did Baekho say?”
 

Now that he was free of Jonghyun, Aaron answered quickly. “It’s nothing.” he said, trying to assure himself rather than Minki. “Do you wanna just,” he paused again, attempting to think of the words that would best describe the idea in his head; he and Minki, alone for once, slowly walking down the sidewalk, not to stray too far from the house. “Go for a walk or something? I need to get out of here.”
 

Minki nodded, looking down to his feet. Shoeless, but he didn’t mind. It wouldn’t have been the first time he’d walked through the perfectly green grass of his neighbors barefoot. Aaron’s shoes were already on his feet. Minki extended a hand, gesturing for his friend to take it as he lead him from the bedroom and into the hall. When they reached the stairs, he let him go again, peeking underneath the banister. Minhyun and Jonghyun sat on the couch, away from the door, laughing violently in unison at the television. He proceeded downwards and pulled the door open. Neither of them turned. When the door closed behind them, Aaron was the first to talk.
 

“I’m sorry you had to see that.” he apologized for his episode. Minki shrugged, his hands in the pockets of his jacket as his toes played in the still dewy Earth. Aaron watched him move as he walked, stretching his arms outwards as he walked on the edge of the curb, ignoring the grass now.
 

He nodded his head. “You’re not going to tell me why you were angry enough to punch a mirror?” he inquired, his voice as quiet as it usually was. He hadn’t made a big deal out of his actions, but he was persistent in his questions. He hardly seemed to care that he’d shoved him into the wall, and Aaron recognized that. With the smallest hint of a smile, he answered him with only half of the truth.
 

“I’m frustrated.” he said simply as he walked slightly slower than the other, hanging back to analyze his every movement. He bit down on his lower lip just before he turned to look at him. Minki nodded, taking Aaron into a hug. He rested his head on the larger one’s shoulder. Aaron shuddered at the wonderful feeling. There was no way he’d be able to put the boy out of his mind now. He wrapped both of his arms around his back. The scent of Minki’s hair trailed to his nose, and he smiled the biggest grin that he possibly could. Minki’s voice was muffled, but Aaron heard him perfectly.
 

“I’m here for you, you know. To listen, if you ever want to tell anyone.” Minki nodded, releasing himself from Aaron’s grip. Aaron nodded, his pupils large, as if he’d just ingested a lethal dose of Oxycodone; in a way, he did.
 

“I know.”

 

Nothing more had to be said. Somehow, Minki could read him like a book. He thought for a moment that maybe the maknae had known everything, choosing to keep quiet for the sake of everything but his sanity. Still, Aaron smiled.