Meeting

S.M. Youth Star Audition - The Trainee Stage

"Is something the matter?" Asked Sunshine.

"No..." I answer hesitantly, leading them slowly towards the S.M. building.

*ringg ringg*

"Hello?" I pick up. "Ah, ok. I got it. Thank you."

"Who was that?" Asked So-So, pointing at my phone.

"Our ride." I answer, as we move around to the other side of the building towards a parked white van.

"Come in quickly!" A hand from inside the van waved, and we jumped on board.

"Hello." I greet formally after I'm seated.

Sunshine and So-So follow my lead but glance over in confusion about the formality.

"Finally." The boy opposite sighes and takes off his mask.

 

After being led into a private room and ordering food, things get serious.

Onew clears his throat, "We have invited you here today to talk about your future as a trainee."

"Our future?" Sunshine pondered.

"Have you not thought about your future?" Asked Key.

"Well, we have our recital coming up..." So-So answered hesitantly.

"That's a good start." Smiled Taemin, causing the two beside me to blush.

"How does our future affect you..?" I ask Onew.

"We get to pick and mentor official trainees." He explains, staring intently.

"I'm not an official trainee." I reply.

"Yet." Minho added.

I look over to Sunshine and So-So who were sitting beside me. "I've only been a trainee for a month. I'm not qualified."

"But she works really hard!" Sunshine piped. "Please accept her as your mentee!"

"Sunshine! What are you doing?!" I whisper loudly but inaudible to the the group on the other side of the table.

"Here's your chance! Take it! I don't want to have anymore regrets!" Sunshine whispered back passionately.

"Ahh..I remember you now!" Jonghyun spoke up. "You're the twin sister of Nox!"

"Yes, it's nice to be able to meet you again." Sunshine acknowledged.

"So-So." Taemin named.

"Yes!" A surprised So-So answered.

"Come with me for a while." He said and stood up, pointing towards the door.

"Ahh..as I was saying..." Onew continued.

"You will be our mentee." Key stated like it was a definite fact.

"We should mentor Sunshine too!" Jonghyun added.

"Do I...get a say in this?" I ask slowly.

"You don't want to be our mentee." Onew pouted, losing the smile on his face.

"Are you even a fan of us?" Asked Minho curiously. 

"Umm.." I began, trying to ignore the elbowing from Sunshine.

"Eunhyuk!" Onew exclaimed. "Has he contacted you yet?"

"Eunhyuk...of Super Junior?" I asked.

"Yes." Onew replied. "Ah..come to think of it, he was at the round 2 auditions...maybe.."

"Eunhyuk, hmm...that might be a problem." Minho pondered out loud.