Same, same but different

S.M. Youth Star Audition - The Trainee Stage

"Follow the tour guide Miss Sunshine and enjoy the tour!" Hyunnie called as she pushed us out and into the corridor.

"Hmm, let's start off with some house rules. You have to show respect and courtesy to other trainees. Though level 2 and 3 of this dorm building mainly houses first and second year trainees, there are a handful of third years still living on these floors." Explained Sunshine as we walked down through the corridor towards the lift.

"You mean third years live on a different floor?" Asked Tatties curiously.

"Yes, third years may choose to move into the rooms on level 5." Sunshine answered, coming to a stop at the lift entrance. "Oh, and speaking of the different levels, these open stairs connect up to the level 3 dorms so there's no need to take the lift if your not carrying luggage. And since those trainees share a hall with us, their central hall has been made into a study area with books and computers. Then, on level 4 is the resident indoor pool and gym."

"Ooh, this place has everything." Xing Xing exclaimed.

"Yeah, it may seem like that at first...but no food is allowed in rooms, all food has to be eaten in the hall - and no alcohol." Sunshine sighed, as she led us through the corridor towards the hall. "Breakfast is served at 7:30am everyday, dinner at 6pm. On weekends, lunch is also served at 12pm."

"It feels so much like high school back home." I smile.

 

"Oh, my Sunshine." 

"Ah, so we're allowed to date. Good." Tatties reaffirmed herself.

"Nox!" Sunshine called out to the boy.

"How's my twin sister doing?" Asked Nox as he hugged her.

"Twins?!" Tatties exclaimed, eyes bouncing from one twin to the other.

"Yes, so if you hurt her in any way, I'll know straight away." Nox warned.

"Nox, don't be like that." Sunshine pouted. "Oh, these are my new dormmates, Tatties, Xing Xing and Yuri."

"Hi, it's my pleasure to meet you. I'm Nox, this here is also a new trainee, Cam, and that's just Rayz." Said Nox.

"Hey, whatdaya mean just Rayz." Said an annoyed boy donning a fauxhawk. "Yo, I'm Rayz. 2nd year trainee but just as good as this 3rd year guy right here. If you ever need a rapper, then I'm your man."

"Alright with your big talk, let's go. See you ladies at dinner time. Bye Sunshine!" Nox waved. 

 

"So...what food do they serve here?" I asked curiously.

"Mostly Korean but sometimes they call in takeaway for us. And you can always get seconds!" Drooled Sunshine. "Ooh! Is that Japanese Rock candy I spy?"

*slap*

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Ouchies, my hand's all red now. Look." Sunshine pouted as she caressed her hand. 

"That's what you get for taking other people's food."

"But you always have the best candy Amu." Said a jealous Sunshine. "I don't know how you manage to find it all."

"If you look hard enough you'll find them." Amu sighed and placed a candy in the attacker's hand. "Oh, new dormmates?"

The 3 of us quietly nodded.

"Welcome. I'm Amu, a second year trainee just like your dorm leader. I'm the maknae of my room." Said Amu as she popped another candy in .

"Maknae? How old are you?" Asked a confused Xing Xing.

"I'm 13 but I look much more mature than my age." Explained Amu. 

"Ho hum, and that brings us to the end of our tour!" Announced Sunshine. "You guys can unpack and then wait till Mika comes back at 3pm."

 

We arrive back at room 218 and begin to unpack.

"Did Sunshine tell you guys about the competitions between the wings?" Asked Hyunnie from her top bunk.

"Wings?" I murmured, looking up from my nearly emptied suitcase.

"Yeah, this side of the dorms is the left wing. Level 2 and 3 work together in teams of the left vs right wings in competitions for prizes." Hyunnie explained.

"What type of prizes?" An interested Tatties asked, shoving her clothes into the closet.

"Concert tickets, backstage passes, even bonus pocket money." So-So answered.

"How do we win?" I said determinedly.

"Now you're talking." Smirked Hyunnie as she hopped off her bunk.