La la la la, reprise.

S.M. Youth Star Audition - The Trainee Stage

I can't believe it's been a month already...

A month since I've joined room 218.

A month since I've started training.

A month since that karaoke competition...

 

La la la la, I can't hear you! Nothing happened! Nothing happened!

I rush back to my seat, a million eyes following behind me.

"Unbelieveable!" Tatties exclaimed. "Were you aiming for a 40?"

"Don't be like that!" Said Sunshine.

"Yeah, there must have been something wrong with her mic." Anna added.

Thanks guys...But I know that there was nothing wrong with the mic. I knew this would happen...just like all the other times before. You see, vibrato is great for performing, but horrible for karaoke that only marks straight pitch. One wobble and you're out.

"At least it sounded good, right guys?" Hwa piped.

"I shouldn't have picked a ballad..." I mumble. "My score's going to affect everyone else."

"Guess it means everyone else has to work harder now." Xing Xing sighed.

I'm so embarrassed. How am I meant to keep living here after this?! It's only been a few hours since I arrived! Ahh, at least everyone will know who I am now...

"Hey, don't be down!" Amu scolded. "You can make up for some of it by joining in the dance for this next song."

Gangnam Style.

 

As much as I tried to gain back the points, it was never enough to make it up. The other wing had great performances one after another. So, it cames as no surprised when they announce the Right wing as the winner. The prize was good too, which makes me feel even worse. Their Red Pockets were doubled for Lunar New Year and they also got front row tickets to SBS Inkigayo and Mcountdown.

"Are you okay?" So-So asked, nudging my arm and snapping me out of my trance-like state. "You've been spacing out a lot tonight."

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answer. "I can't believe it's been a month already."

"Time sure goes fast when you're training hard." Nox smiled.

"Yeah..." I sigh, stabbing at my peas idly.

"Yo!" Greeted Anna as she took a seat opposite us. "Anyone seen Xing Xing and Hwa?"

"I saw Xing Xing packing her bags earlier." Rayz said between mouthfuls of potatoes.

"Oh no." Sunshine mumbled.

Anna plopped her platter of food down on the table and rushed back the way she came, heading toward the left wing dorms.

 

She returned not long after, a scrap piece of paper in her hand.

"They're gone." Her lips trembled. "They didn't even say goodbye."

"Is that a note?" Sunshine softly enquried.

Anna held out the note.

I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry.

In my whole month being here, it's never felt as real as this. The reality of the S.M. Trainee program.

 

We later found out through some other trainees that Xing Xing left because she had an argument with the dance teacher; and Hwa left because she was failing all her music theory classes.Though, none of this comes as surprise, other than Hwa perfectly hiding the matter from us. We all should be deemed crazy for attending both school and training on a full-time basis. That is, 30 hours of each, or, 60 out of 168 hours in a week. I wonder if debuted artists also have such a busy and hectic schedule as us?

*knock knock*

I scramble up from my dead fish position on the floor and rush for the door.

"안녕하십니까!" I deeply bow as I open the door. I keep my head down and wait for a response. I wonder which manager it is...Mika? Chae? Or is it the cleaning lady? I sneek a glance at my watch. It's 1am already.

"Hehe, 안녕."

Hang on. Wait a second. Why is she using the casual greeting? 

I look up to see not Mika, not Chae, not the cleaning lady, but Caddy.

"안녕 유리언니." Caddy smiled sweetly.