2nd Sighting

S.M. Youth Star Audition - The Trainee Stage

August 2012

After polling on Mnet's weekly countdown, I notice that same ad from a few months ago. I stare hard at the ad, and click onto it once again just like the time in March. This time, I knew who were the idols on the ad, I knew about the entertainment company S.M., and I knew that I had a greater chance now. 

Many things happened since March earlier in the year. My music knowledge gradually expanded to include Kpop and I began joining Korean singing collaborations. I learnt through imitation, but it wasn't long ago that I decided to take it one step further by actually teaching myself Korean. I am definitely more confident this time around.

At the start of the year, I was just beginning my first year of university. If I had thought I was independent and mature then, I am much more so now. Travelling independently to Sydney doesn't scare me as much now. Although a lot of things in life are still very unexpected and sudden, I feel that I at least have a bit more of a control upon them. All the problems I had previously weren't so much of a problem now.

I slowly scroll down the familiar pink page. S.M. Town Auditions. The Youth Star Audition. I carefully watch the video ad for the audition. September 1st. 10 days left. 

Audition is open to the ages of those ranging from 8 to 20 years old (born within 2003~1992)

Time, is something that I need to grab a hold on. I am 19 this year. Chances are slim but at least I still have a chance. I don't wish that I had discovered Kpop earlier because then I wouldn't have been who I am today - a musician that has gone through Classical music to Chinese ballads to Korean electro-pop. 

I scroll down to take a look at the application details. Hmm, I have to attach a photo with my application. I guess looks really are important. I spend about an hour deciding on which photo to attach and finally click send.