X.

Infinitely Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was later that night, when Mir finally managed to be alone to think. Even when there was G.O’s snoring as a background, the youngest of them all didn’t really mind.

Stuffed in the corner of his bed, wrapped in his blanket, hugging his body close, Mir stared blankly into the dark room, while his mind was reproducing still new questions he might never get answers to.

As if it was some broken tape, there were Rain’s words still repeating in his mind. In connection with that, Mir suddenly recalled his trainee days, which weren’t that long ago. Back in that time, he used to spend a lot time with Sangbae before Thunder appeared and he fell in love… And back then, Sangbae told him almost everything about him, his problems and his family…

[Flasback]

“Let’s stop here for today. Good job, kids.” Seungho grinned, after another hour full of groaning, panting for air and sweat ended.

It’s September 2009, a month before MBLAQ debuted. Just like everyday after they finished the practice, Seungho, G.O and Joon would go straight home. But that didn’t go for the maknae line. Just like every other day, they would spend whole evening together talking about useless stuff.

As always, Mir with Sangbae were left alone in the room after the three remaining members left.

“Wanna stay at my place?” Sangbae asked, smiling widely.

“Sure.” Mir smiled back as he packed his stuff. Anything would be better than staying alone at the apartment his parents gave him while he was going to stay in Seoul before they’ll give them dorms. Staying alone is just so… boring.

As they walked in the direction od Sangbae’s house, they kept silent. They both knew it’s going to be better if they talk somewhere where it’s warm. After all they were going to be singers, right? They had to protect their voices and honestly, cold air in September couldn’t do anything good to their throats.

Gladly, Sangbae’s house was only three blocks away. After they arrived, Sangbae ran all over the place to find out where his parents with brother were. Apparently, he didn’t find them. While Mir was getting out of his shoes in the hall, Sangbae found a note lying on the table in the kitchen. Staring at it for a while, the boy felt his eyes filling up with tears.

“What’s that?” Mir asked, once he found his younger friend standing in the kitchen staring at a piece of paper.

“N-Nothing.” Sangbae answered, immediately wiping his eyes. But Mir wasn’t that big idiot. He knew something was up. Not to mention that Sangbae quickly shoved that paper to his pocket, apparently hoping he wouldn’t see it.

“Yeah and I am Taeyeon noona. Come on, tell me. You know you can trust me, right?” Mir smiled, lightly patting Sangbae’s back.

“Do you want something to drink before I tell you?” Sangbae sighed after a while, admitting his defeat.

“Hot chocolate will do.” Mir grinned, all eager to hear what’s going on.

As Mir sat in the huge living room full of expensive furniture, he still kept staring around in awe even when he saw this room almost every day. Sangbae came to the living room within next minute, interrupting Mir in his staring.

“Here.” Sangbae handed one big mug to Mir, who took it, grinning like a kid who just got his lollipop.

“I’m listening.” Mir smiled, patiently waiting for the younger to spill everything out.

Sangbae looked at him, sighing.

“It’s because of my parents. Being the youngest in the family, I’ve always seeked attention at them, but they never really had time for me. The only one who cared about me was Sangmin hyung.” Sangbae sighed, sipping a bit of his drink before continuing. “My mom… well, she never li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter