I'm the pizza boy

Crying Moon

The ray of light pierced through Yuri's eyes so suddenly made Yuri placed her palm over her face. Her eyes slowly open then noticed the digital clock with red numbers glowing against the black background. It read 7 am, the right time for her to wake up. Yuri lazily got herself off the mattress and slipped her feet into her slipper. 

Unlike a few previously mornings, she only heard silence this time. Her house was loud and noisy ever since Jaejoong came but today, there were just nothing. No sound, no wake up call, no nothing. 

Yuri turned her bedroom's door knob clockwise and peeked outside. Her fingers started to curl and Yuri rubbed her eyes to filter her vision. Where did this guy go?

Her feet moved forward and headed to the kitchen then to Jaejoong's room. Yuri found no one in the house beside her, like how her life had been most of the time. "Whatever, I'm going to work!" 

A glance at the calendar told her it was Monday. Time for a new week to begin. 

 

"Um sir, I'm here for the job yesterday I came in for. I left my application too." Jaejoong greeted a middle-age man standing behind the counter with a black suit on very nicely. He was the manger of the place. 

The manger took a careful scan at Jaejoong from head to toe with his eyebrows pointed upward. He seemed pretty satisfied as he asked, "What time is it?" 

Jaejoong found the question unusual. He caught his sight at the clock on his right and read the time. He wondered why would the man questioned him about the time when the clock was like, right in front of him.

"Seven fifteen sir." Jaejoong replied.

The manger nodded. 

This morning, Jaejoong woke up extremely early, at six to be exact and prepared himself for this moment. Yesterday, he was really roaming around Seoul to find a job. He wanted to earn money of own and also, not wasting his time waiting for Yuri like a bodyguard. In his opinion, Yuri wasn't in huge dangerous situation anyway. As long as Siwon stayed away from her, everything would be okay. 

The only job he found in the busy city was in a Pizza store. He didn't know what would his job really be but because it was next to Yuri's hospital, yes, just next door, Jaejoong found it more convenience to look out for Yuri. The time they got off from work was the same, both at 7 pm.

"Come here inside with me mister." the manager finally spoke after two minutes of thinking. He went to the paper section and pull out a drawer. He slipped his fingers between the dividers and pull out a package of paper that had already been filled with information. It was Jaejoong's application.

The manger push the door to the kitchen and Jaejoong followed. Though the store hadn't opened yet, the kitchen was already full of workers preparing the dough, pre-heating ovens as well as cleaning the floor.

"Huhm, you filled out saying you accept any job that is open right?"

Jaejoong nodded.

"Well, the only job available is a pizza delivery guy, can you do that? You look like a strong, tough man, I bet you can handle the job of driving around and deliver pizzas right?" the manger added with a smile. 

"Yes, I'm up for it!" he answered in confident. Finally, I have a job...

"Good, how about you come back at 9 am? Our store will be opened by then. You came pretty early but well, better be early than late! You're hired!" a hand came patting on Jaejoong's shoulder. The manger came closer and greeted the new employee happily as Jaejoong replied with a grin.

He noticed the golden name tag pinned on front of the manger's black vest. Lee Jaehyun

"I'm the manger here by the way if you don't know yet. Call me Manager Lee from now on-" he stopped and looked down the application he was holding. "-Jaejoong" 

 

"Has Mr. Choi arrived yet?" Siwon's assistant stood in front of the secretary's desk. "No sir." she answered and took her eyes off the computer for a moment then resumed right away. 

The assistant hold up the watch on his wrist and told himself the time. It had already past 8 am but no signs of Siwon. "I need to inform Mr. Choi something very important today. I'll have to call him!" he said aloud. The secretary didn't pay much attention and went on with her work. 

Before Siwon's assistant could dialed the first number on his phone, Siwon's voiced crept from behind the wall. "No need, I'm here." 

Siwon walked toward his office in the nicest suit like always. "Shin, what's so important that you need me so urgent this morning?" 

He pushed open the door and reached his desk. He placed the suitcase he was holding onto the brown surface. Siwon headed toward the guest table and sofas as Shin was still following without saying anything yet. He was waiting for Siwon to settle in a seat completely before telling him what was so important. 

Siwon sat with his legs crossed on the sofa "Well?"

"Um sir, we just received the news this morning that Black Well is violating the contract. I was told that instead of distributing equally the money to their little businesses, they kept 10% of it for themselves and delayed our work. Should I go ahead and charge them?" Shin announced. 

Siwon didn't seem like he cared much and remained still. Shin found it shocking that instead of slamming his first on the table and ordering him to get straight to it, Siwon smirked like nothing happened. 

"I know that." 

"You do?"

"Like I told you, Black Well isn't a huge corperation so their reputation isn't trustable. I've been looking out for them since the start already so don't freak out. I know what I'm doing. If they violate the contract, well as listed on the contract, 100 hundred thousand dollars is their fine if we found out within the first month. Also, the money will be doubled every month if they chose to not tell us anything." 

Siwon poured out the hot tea from the pot in the middle of the table into a cup laid next to it. He gulped down the tea slowly and enjoying the bitter but sweet taste of it.

"So you plan to not tell them we know what they are doing until the money double, triple, and on?" Shin widen his eyes. "Yes. Until I have reached the amount I desire you get me? Those greedy people won't end up well..."

"Now go back to your work Shin!" Siwon invited his assistant out. Shin stepped out with his face facing the closing door to Siwon's office. Sometimes, he wondered if those people were greedy or Siwon was greedy.

 

It was time Yuri reached her hospital, still asking herself where had Jaejoong disappeared to since she woke up. It was odd and unusual. Yuri thought Jaejoong was suppose to be protecting her and guarding her, but today, he left his job and hang around somewhere. 

"Yuri-ssi" the voice interrupted Yuri's thinking. Mrs. Jung was standing behind her and tapping her finger on Yuri's shoulder. "Oh good morning Mrs. Jung!" Yuri bowed.

"Your mind isn't here today Yuri-ssi, where does it go so early?" 

"Um, I was only having my mind at a certain topic. Sorry about it!" Yuri replied. 

"No worry, now, head to your patients today Yuri. Have a good day, see you at lunch?" Mrs. Jung turned her head and walked off toward the hallway and to the research center. "Yes!" Yuri said after her.

I have to get my mind off him because it's his business

Yuri grabbed the clipboard of the patients she was in charge of and checked the room numbers. Her finger scanned though the chart and made way to the first person. 

She pushed through the door number 15A and found a little girl was laying on the bed, eyeing out the window. Yuri followed the girl's vision to the window, finding the scene relaxing. Room 15A was on floor 3, which was high enough to see birds flying back and forth. 

"May I come in?" Yuri knocked. 

The little girl didn't answer. Yuri tried again and the same reacton she received was what she get. Without making another attempt, Yuri stepped in and smiled. She sat down in front of the little patient and met their eyes. "Are you okay?" 

Like she expected, the kid turned her eyes the opposite way. She kept shut and didn't say anything. Somehow, her patient reminded her of someone she knew, herself.

"Okay, if you don't want to say anything, I'll let it be. However, let me check your condition okay? Um YooHee." Yuri looked at the paper she was holding on her clipboard. She read the patient's information. 

10 years old, Kang YooHee

Yuri stopped when she suddenly saw the line that explained the reason why YooHee was admitted to the hospital in the first place. "YooHee and her parents were on their back home from their vacation. They were about to arrive at their block when a drunk driver hit and flipped over the car. YooHee is the only one that survived while both of her parents died i-n-s-t-a-n-t-l-y ..." Yuri mumbled to herself quietly. 

Tears were almost running down her cheek but she controlled the flow from flooding down. Yuri understood the situation because she had been through the same thing long time ago. She lifted her head away from the paper and stared blankly at YooHee. 

Yuri could imagined herself laying there too and it all happened when she too lost her parents.

"Oma, appa!!!" little Yuri yelled in front of two bodies covered with blood. Her dad was shoot right at the chest while her mom lied unconsciously with redness flowing from somewhere near the neck. 

Yuri cried herself out looking at her two most loveable people. Everything in the bank were all destroyed. Glass dropped pieces after pieces then shattered loudly. Employees were yelling in horror and people that were unluckly killed spilled the floor with their blood with people that survived.

The scene was horrible as Yuri continued to shake the bodies of her parents while calling them to wake up. A little later, sirens made their way around the building and rushed in like ants. They scattered everywhere and doctors, nurses came carrying people to evacuation. 

Yuri knew, she knew what happened and understood how her life would be after this. She was 12 years old, old enough to fully think about her parents were dead and believed it. She wished it was just a nightmare so she could wake up and find her parents cheering, and smiling at her. Patting her shoulders and complimenting her good work.

"Oma, appa! Don't go..." Yuri let out her last cry before the ambulance workers carried her parents away. 

A man with a bit of beard came near Yuri and tried to calm her down. "Come on little girl, let's go!" he pulled her away and out of the broken bank and placed her the on the seat in the ambulance. "Go with your parents to the hospital and check your condition! Remember that!" 

His words sent her away as the door closed. He was wearing a guard uniform which Yuri thought he was one of the guard of the bank that just got robbed. Her last look at him was his gentle eyes. Whoever that man was, Yuri thanked him. 

The memories that sent chill down Yuri's spine. It was impossible for her to forget and the memory that always haunt her once in awhile. 

"Come on YooHee, don't be sad anymore." Yuri said warmly. She caught the sight of the kid was crying slowly by herself. Yuri got off her seat and walked toward the other side and hold YooHee in for a hug.

"Unnie, where are my parents?" YooHee finally spoke but her voice was trembling and quiet. Yuri didn't know how to answer the question so that she wouldn't hurt her little patient but then she couldn't lie because YooHee would find out about the truth anyway. 

"They are in a place where they are thinking of you YooHee ah!" Yuri borrowed the same word the doctor years ago used to calm her down. "Don't worry, you'll see them again..."

 

"Jaejoong!" a woman called while placing the freshly cooked pizza into a box. "Your order is up!" she called out again. 

Jaejoong came rushing to the box and put it into his bag. "I'll get right to it! Where is this order going again?" Jaejoong asked, wanting to confirm the address and make sure he knew where the place was. He was new to Earth, so being a pizza delivery guy was a really hard job for him. However, Jaejoong still enjoyed riding around and learned more about Seoul.

His sense of direction wasn't good. "Near Lotte's Mall, just 5 minutes away from hear boy!" 

"Lotte's Mall?" 

"Ask Manager Lee if you don't know where it is. I know you're new around here, go!" 

Jaejoong headed out to the counter to find the manager. It took him just 30 seconds to teach Jaejoong the direction then he ran off into the delivering car. 

 

"YURI!! Lunch time!" a friend in the hospital told Yuri, who was busy jotting down notes in her office. "Alright already Jina!" Yuri replied and closed the notebok. 

"Don't yell! I won't skip lunch lunch girl! Now come on." Yuri threw her arm around Jina's shoulder and pulled shut her door. "Yah, you're just saying that but if you want to skip,  you will! I know you too well Kwon Yuri." Jina added.

"Fine, I lost."

Jina and Yuri walked to where they usually hang out at lunch. Not the cafeteria, but in a private dining room for their department, the Special Care Department.

"They are here!" Jun, another doctor greeted with 3 other people. In Yuri's department, there were herself, Jun, Jina, Kangho, Yonghee, and a new foreign doctor who just arrived a few months ago from the US, Lizzy.

"We're here! What are you guys planning to eat today? Chinese food? The food down at the cafeteria, Italian food or some of our Korean food?" Jina grinned while heading to the table in a corner. 

"Who turn is it to choose food today?" Yonghee asked. 

"Don't ask me, I don't know!" Kangho said. "No one asks you mister smarty pants!" Jun joked. 

"How about Lizzy choose today? I don't remember the last time she pick the food for lunch. Which one do you want today Lizzy, go ahead." Yuri smiled at Lizzy. 

The atmosphere was fun like always. No matter what Yuri had to go through, these people were always there for her and cheer her up. They were close, like siblings. "How about pizzas?"

Everyone cheered and agreed. "Well if Lizzy wants pizza and there's a pizza restaurant next door, why not order there and tell them to carry over here? I don't want to walk all the way over there to pick up the pizza." Jina commented. 

"Like it's miles away Jina, you lazy head!" Yonghee shook her head. "Order for delivery now, Jun."

"Okie dokie!"

Jun dug through his pocket for his phone. "Which one do you guys want?" 

"Peperoni, Olives, Cheeze, and Meat!" 

"I'll get a combo please! Yes, please deliver to the hospital next door. Ask the lady in the front to call us down to pick up. Yes, thank you!" Jun hang up the order. 

Everyone settled down and waited for the lunch to come. Now that they were just doing their own stuff, Yuri couldn't help to  be reminded of Jaejoong. There were no signs of him today. 

 

"Please deliver to the hospial next door Jaejoong. Ask someone behind the desk in the front to call the customers, they'll come down to pick the pizza up." Manager Lee handed Jaejoong the hot box. 

The hospital, next door? Yuri's hospital? 

"Yes." Jaejoong exited the door with excitement. Maybe he could surprise Yuri over there. "She must be wondering where I am today!" Jaejoong laughed to himself and arrived next door.

The automatic glass door opened and Jaejoong forwarded to the lady in front. "Um excuse me, I came to deliver the pizza for customer named Jun Choi!" 

When I'm done delivering this, I will go to find Yuri and give her a scare.

"Yes, please wait a moment." The girl in hospital's uniform picked up her telephone and punched in the number to Jun. "Doctor Jun? Your pizza is here, please come down to pick it up. Yes!" 

"Hold on for a moment, he will be right here soon." 

Jaejoong nodded. While waiting, he took a look around the tall and crowded building. People walking in and out constantly. Jaejoong stared at the stairs, elevator, and escalator. The hospital was really well equipped and nice looking. The glass shined as sunlight reflected through it. Green plants decorated the hall and blended in with the surrounding. 

"This place is nice!" Jaejoong whispered to himself.

 

"Yuri-ssi! I'll pay for today's meal, can you go down and pick up the pizza for us?" Jun widely smiled while handing Yuri some cash. The smile gave her hint that Jun wanted her to go instead of him. Jun and Jina were both lazy.

"Fine." Yuri pretended to smile back and headed down. "Don't be lazy guys!" she added before disappearing.

Yuri got into the elevator and chose floor 1. The evelator dropped down slowly, bringing her to the floor where the entrance to the hospital was located. Sound of a bell ringed and the elevator's door opened. Yuri stepped out, spotting around for a guy in a pizza restaurant's uniform. 

As expected, her eyes caught a guy in red and black uniform who was standing near the registration, his back against her. Their distant wasn't long apart. Yuri didn't know he was Jaejoong, and Jaejoong didn't know Yuri was coming. 

Nearing him, the lady behind the desk bowed lightly at Yuri. "Oh hi doctor Kwon. You came instead of doctor Jun right? Here's your pizza and the delivery guy!" 

Yuri smiled in return. Doctor Kwon? Could it be? Jaejoong thought to himself and turned his back. Ahh, Yuri!

"Jaejoong?" Yuri mumbled quietly in shock. So this was what Jaejoong was up to all day long, working as a pizza delivery guy. "Hi!" Jaejoong grinned. He could tell the word shock was writing all over her face right now. 

"When did you find a job?" Yuri's mouth was stiff. She couldn't find anything to say or ask. "Yesterday! See how good I am, I have a job so don't look lowly at me like I'm a homeless and jobless, doctor Kwon." he winked. 

"Your money, here." Yuri gave the cash to Jaejoong. 

Knowing nothing else to say, Yuri quickly grabbed the pizza box and about to leave. "Hold on, I have something to tell you, come outside. It's too crowded in here." Jaejoong said quietly and went out first. 

Yuri wondered why but then soon followed. "Please look out for this pizza until I come back, just a little!" 

She jogged out and saw Jaejoong found a peaceful place for a talk, just a little over the right of the hospital. 

"Why didn't you tell me about getting a job?" Yuri covered her face with her hand as the sun was in her way. "A surprise." Jaejoong simply answered.

"But I'll make this quick, I have a job to get back to and you get your lunch to get back to. We'll talk more when we get home. Here's my number." Jaejoong shoved a crumbled piece of paper into Yuri's hand. 

Yuri stared at him. "A number for what?"

"My cellphone."

"Cellphone?"

"Yea, I just got it today. Don't ask, I'll tell you how I get it later when we're off work. I'll walk with you home today because you get off work at 7 right? Alright, bye!" Jaejoong wrapped up the conversation and ran back to the restaurant next door. Yuri who still didn't fully get what was going on right now stood still for awhile.

989375rhvl9ir0un.gif

Hello readers! Another chapter is here and this time, I made it super long! What I have in mind for this chapter wasn't all of this, still more but then somehow, while writing, I stretched it so long that I have to divide this into two chapters. Well, consider this long read a treat for not updating for about 2 weeks.  Comment and sorry for any grammar errors!