You & Him

Crying Moon

Jaejoong stepped out from his room for some fresh air. Yuri's sudden dating idea caught him off guard a little. 

He warned himself that Siwon was still a threat, therefore, he shouldn't lose focus on his role as a guardian. However, he had already agreed to Yuri's plan and see Tiffany, he couldn't take his words back. Tiffany was nice anyway, it couldn't hurt. The problem was he needed to find the time to juggle between two different characters. 

A long breath was exhaled. He ruffled his hair, stuck in a disoriented state. 

"That evil monster..." he said faintly. To Jaejoong's right was the figure of someone dangerous, Siwon. Siwon was heading to the elevator and upstairs. "Yuri." 

He didn't realize Siwon would act again so quickly. Only a few days had passed since the accident and he already dared to come back. Feeling intense, like something was pounding on his chest, Jaejoong walked after him. He promised to protect her, so he would definitely stay committed. Getting on the adjacent elevator as Siwon's closed its door, Jaejoong pushed the button with a number 5. Yuri told him she had some paperworks to sign in her office after she left his room, so he was sure she would still be in there. 

 

Yuri flipped through the newly sent package next to her hands. Pages after pages, her pen signed one after another. 

There was a knock on the door, she heard. "Please come in."

Siwon stepped in slowly at first but his pace got faster. He hurried to Yuri's desk to greet his girlfriend. Yuri looked up to only see the man who tried to kill her just a few days ago, her "boyfriend". She panic in the beginning, however she pressured herself to remain calm and stay strong. If she appear weak, he would try to harm her again.

"Please stay back." she ordered. Her pen dropped to the table while she got up from her chair and scooted back against the wall. His face was worried. "Honey, where have you been? Mrs. Jung told me you would call but I waited for days and you wouldn't!" 

Siwon came even closer and reached for her hands. Startled, she jerked her hands to the side and stepped away. "What do you want?" she said weakly. Her voice was shaky and squeaky, like the sound of a mice facing its predator. 

Mr. Lee rushed to Siwon's house and reported the failure.. Siwon obviously was unsatisfied but knew it wouldn't be easy after hearing the news that Jaejoong asked to quit his job at the pizza shop. His left hand formed a fist and slammed on the table he was sitting at. Looking at Mr. Lee in fierce eyes, he sent him back to Hades for a punishment. 

"Do I have to do everything around here?" he screamed. 

Siwon's blood boiled but the image of Yuri flashed in his mind. He was certain Jaejoong discovered what he was up to, and if he knew, Yuri would also be swayed away from his side. All his work would drain down the dumb and he would let that happen. Somehow, he must regain what he had lost.

Siwon was concern over Yuri's tone. She didn't sound like herself when he was around; she sounded afraid, and freaked out over his appearance.

Suddenly, there was a tug on his shirt and pulled him backward. 

"Jaejoong-ssi!" Yuri eased herself. Jaejoong grabbed her arms tightly before Siwon tried to interfered, but his grasp was too firm. Siwon glanced at Yuri in discomfort, figuring he was late. Yuri was scared of him. 

"Don't come closer. Let's go." Jaejoong said. He led Yuri out of the room as she nervously followed. She was too afraid of Siwon now, even if she hoped to be stronger and stand up for herself, she just couldn't. Siwon was the beast while she was only a normal human. Yuri started to doubt greatly if she had to rely on Jaejoong all the time in situations like this. 

Jaejoong stopped before leaving. He threw a white piece of paper down to Siwon's feet then pulled Yuri away. The same piece of paper Siwon ordered fell to his shoes as he reached down to pick it up. Its message shocked him to his spine, realizing he was exposed completely. Yuri must have read it, or else she wouldn't distrust him so easily. Siwon failed his duty and wasted years of effort to Jaejoong. The ending he wished wouldn't happen, happened.

 

Jaejoong slammed the door behind him and gestured Yuri to sit down on the bed. Yuri steadily sat down and regained her lost breath. She couldn't see Siwon the same way anymore. The purely sincere and loving boyfriend she saw before her eyes long ago had transformed into an evil monster who wished to have her dead. His eyes twinkled in fire. However, Yuri couldn't understand why. The letter didn't address the reason for the murderous act clearly. 

Seeing how Yuri was kept silent, Jaejoong kneeled down in front of her next to the bed. "Are you okay?" 

Jaejoong's soft voice woke Yuri from the confusion as she nodded innocently. Casually, Yuri smiled like nothing big occured to ease his worrying. "I'm okay, really. I was only shocked seeing him there." 

Yuri took a deep breath. "Anyway, I was notified that you are dismissed from the hospital. You can go home, starting from today."  Not pleased with how Yuri's way of brushing off his anxiety, he interrupted. "I'm serious. He will come back and do something else, it isn't easy, Yuri-ah." 

Yuri stood up and walked toward the window, leaving Jaejoong raising his eyebrows. "It's okay, Jaejoong-ssi. He won't be back yet, not at least after the way you threw his letter at him."

Stubborn, Yuri assured Jaejoong that she would be alright. Couldn't really argue anymore, Jaejoong changed the subject. "I can leave today right? Let me pack my stuff." His tone was angry a little, Yuri could tell but she also went along. "Yes. Shall I help you pack?" she offered. 

"I'm okay." he said, using the same tone Yuri was answering when he asked.  

"And Tiffany, she goes home early today, you can take her out today." 

"If you say so."

"Hey, are you mad at me about what I just said?" 

"Nope."

 

"Tiffany-ssi!" Yuri called out loud while sipping her coffee. Looking up, Tiffany noticed Yuri who was standing above her. Tiffany waved as she climbed up the stairs. "Are you leaving?" Yuri asked.

"Yes, I was going to get my bag." 

"My cousin, he is being released. Do you want to wait for him so you two can go on a date?" 

Yuri's question caught Tiffany by surprise. "Yes?" 

Tiffany didn't quite know what to say. She was nervous and speechless at the same time. It was kind of weird somehow, but she was happy. Nodded shyly, she thanked Yuri for her help. This may be the birth of a new couple, Yuri thought. She never imagined herself setting up people like putting puzzle pieces together like this, especially after her piece of the puzzle just fell apart. For one thing, Yuri just hoped what she was doing was the right thing. She just wished this wouldn't be something hurtful to anyone. Yuri hated it when she was the reason to someone's sadness or injury. The guilt of Jaejoong's wound was still lingering, bothering her throughout the day.

"Tiffany-ssi!" Yuri heard Jaejoong's voice from afar. 

"Let's go?" he asked Tiffany, who was blushing.

"Have fun you two." Yuri said before turning away. I'm doing this for you, you should know that, Doctor Kwon, Jaejoong said in his mind.

 

Yuri ruffled her hair in exhaustion. "What a long day..." 

She finally finished the papers sent to her at last. Glancing at the digital clock on her table, the number nine flipped to the number zero. It was seven, time for her to leave work. While gathering her items together, the flashback of Jaejoong and Tiffany came across her mind. She wondered how those two were doing with their first date. It was a few hours ago when they left. 

Brushing off that image, a new image came into her head. 

Yuri shoved the kit into the cabinet then turned back to argue. "Siwon said that I am attractive. He fell for me within two weeks because of my charm. I can already tell that you can't resist my charm, mister angel." 

"Charms my foot. Alright then, want to bet? In two weeks and if I don't like you, I'll do anything you say. If not, you will do what I tell you to. Deal?"

"Deal! I'm not afraid."

One week had already passed. Yuri told herself why did she had to say that. Two weeks? It was Siwon's job to make it seem like they were in love. She was, but he never was. He never loved her and Yuri could bet Siwon only told her that to be romantic and all. She thought over the word "charm". She wondered if she had any charm at all. She was one foolish girl, who was gullible enough to care so much for someone who was aiming to kill her. She was stubborn too.

"I might as well be lonely for the rest of my life. Who knows who I can trust anymore." she let out a long sigh. One may say they love her for one second, then they may try to kill her the next. That was what she was afraid of.

Sometimes, too much thinking was a bad thing. Yuri told herself to forget, for now. Switching the lights off, Yuri walked out. Assuming Jaejoong was busy with someone else, Yuri walked home alone without the need to wait. Breathing in the fresh air, she felt alive. The hospital was a bit suffocating for her, so being out in the open was like a healthy benefit. Looking around the street, Yuri noticed things that she didn't used to notice before. Too immersed in her own little world years ago, she thought she had returned to the reality at last.

"Yuri honey." a voice crept behind her ears. Afraid to turn back, Yuri tried to walk pass it. Her legs got heavier, as she wondered if she should run or not. Something didn't seem right. "Yuri honey." the voice bounced up again. Am I imagining the voice?

Before Yuri could see whose voice was that, a piece of white cloth covered and drowned her in a deep sleep. "Yuri honey, I was trying to call you." It was a manly voice, it was Siwon's. Captured Yuri in her arm, Siwon carried her back to his house. A smirk appeared on his face and Yuri could see it. "Siwon..." her tone was weak and very quiet. That was the last thing that could escape .

 

Siwon was watching Yuri in her sleep in his chair next to the bed. In a dimly lit room and a silent scenario, he just sat there without doing anything. 

"Ugh." Yuri moaned while waking up from the sudden attack. Her eyes opened slowly, as she surveyed the surrounding. It was similiar, very similiar in fact. She figured she was in here before. Then it struck her, it was Siwon's bedroom, where she tend to clean whenever she was over to his house. Fully conscious, Yuri was afraid. Not knowing what Siwon was wanting to do again, she grabbed the bedsheet tightly and sat back against the pillow. 

"You are awake, my dear?" Siwon smiled. 

His tone was all different. Unlike hours ago, he pretended to sound very caring. Now, all Yuri could sense was a terrifying pitch. "What are you trying to do with me?" she screamed. 

Opposite from Yuri, Siwon kept his cool and remained very calm. Returning to his normal and cold self, he started. "You knew who I am. It's no longer fun to put up a mask anymore isn't it?" Standing up, he walked toward the door that was left opened for about 5 inches and closed it shut. The bright light coming from the outside was no longer there and everything had gotten much darker. 

"What is it that you really want? What am I that you wanted to much?" Yuri demanded an answer. 

"You really don't know who you are? That angel didn't tell you your real identity yet? How sad."

Coming to sit next to Yuri, his face scared her even more. "Well, if he didn't tell you, let me. That is the least I can do, right?"

his hand against Yuri's face very softly, she jerked it away.

She felt disgusted. "You are a stubborn one." he exhaled.

"Isn't it terrible that you got sent here alone without any of your friends from heaven? If you don't know, you are also an angel like that so called cousin of yours. However, you are a special one." Siwon explained. Yuri was still frightened, not knowing what to do but followed her eyes with his actions. 

"Yes, you are. It is his mistake for putting you in this place so he is placing someone next to you for protection. I think you know that much right?" Yuri only nodded. "Unfortunately, he is not capable of protecting you. If he is, you wouldn't be here, with me right now." he smiled.

"Why are you telling me this?" 

"Because to tell you my reason for going against you. Because you are angel, and you have something that us devils want. Something very precious." Taking a pause, he continued. "Now, I can do what I was supposed to do long time ago and stop dragging this on." 

"Please, just tell me what you want from me. I can give you it." Yuri began to beg. 

"You have a key to a very important door within you. Within this body, there's a key and of course, I'm taking it. It's tedious to explain the details, why don't you just say you are satisfied with this much information. Okay?"

Siwon stepped closer and closer to Yuri's face, so much that they were only inches away. Yuri could feel his breath against her face. Thinking to herself, she must do something to stop this or else she would be the one on the wrong side of the negotiation. Not sure of what Siwon was planning, Yuri scanned for the flashlight on the night stand close to her right hand. 

"What is it that you really want? Why do you want to kill me so bad?" Yuri yelled again.

"Oh, I'm not going to kill you this time." he replied. It came as a shock to her. All this time, she thought his goal was to kill her but now that he said he wasn't, it confused her. Then what is it that he really wants? I don't have it! she thought. 

"You are pretty, do you know that? Killing you doesn't please me, I want to go with another alternative." 

"Don't worry, this will only bring pleasure." he smirked quietly before crashing his lips on hers. Immediately, Yuri knew where this was going. Siwon violently pushed himself onto her body as he kissed her intensely. "Please, no." she teared up.

Trying to build some defense, Yuri bit down her lips as tightly as she could while grabbing on the sheet. Very soon, she could feel Siwon pressing his mouth on her neck. He then viciously started to rip her shirt open. She gasped. Struggling to free herself, Yuri reached for the flashlight. Finally reaching it, she swung it onto Siwon's head as hard as she could. 

"Ughhhhh!" he screamed.

Siwon held his head with his hands, feeling dizzy. What am I doing? Why am I doing this to her? the sudden thoughts spinned inside his mind. They were impossible to contain, making him fell to the ground in pain. My heart, Hades... he recalled. Stop yourself, Siwon. Only you can do this, stop yourself. 

Seeing Siwon no longer controlling her and hearing him at the pain, Yuri quickly rushed downstairs. Without a look backward, she ran home for safety. By herself, Yuri sensed insecurity. If she didn't snatched the flashlight, Siwon would have done it. Yet, Yuri wasn't sure about Siwon's answer. She definitely didn't have any key he talked about, so why would he. A key from within?

 

"Thank you for today, Jaejoong-ssi. Sorry about the long line, usually it only took me fifteen minutes, but today, it took more than an hour." Tiffany apologized. Jaejoong only laughed. "No worry. It was a good dinner though." 

"So, see you sometimes?"

"Yes, definitely." 

"I'll get going now. Goodnight, Jaejoong-ssi."

"I'll call you, Tiffany-ssi." 

The conversation naturally ended. Jaejoong told himself that Tiffany wasn't bad and he actually enjoyed his time with her. There were no arguing, bickering or anything. Unlike those times he spent with Yuri, she always yelled at him, triggering his bickering against her all the time. Fortunately, after the incident, they ended that and started to talk to each other more like friends instead.

Jaejoong got out from his bath and noticed it was already nine o'clock. When he returned, it was around eight yet there was no sight of Yuri anymore. He thought she had to work overtime again but now that it was a lot later, Jaejoong worried. Not having his acquaintance today, he didn't know if anything happened during her way home. 

Opening the front door, Jaejoong looked past the buildings blocking the roads, trying to trace Yuri but no clues. He tried calling her but no one picked up. At this point, Jaejoong had no idea on where to look for that missing girl. "No, I need to go and look. That Siwon dude can return anytime." 

Throwing the towel back into his room, Jaejoong grabbed a jacket and closed the door. Yuri was his responsibility, he couldn't forget that.

The scene wasn't that terrifying in my thought. I tried my best. But, I'm looking forward to your response!