You are in danger

Crying Moon

It was almost seven in the evening. Yuri dropped into her chair like a dead fish, looking at the clock tick-tocking forward and back. What a day, she exclaimed in her own thought and glanced at the phone vibrating for about two seconds then stopped. From Jaejoong, she read. It was a text message Jaejoong sent to test his new phone, as well as telling her that he would be waiting downstair when her shift was over. 

"I got it." she texted while reading it aloud. This dude is clinging than ever. What 'danger' in the world did he talk about? The question got Yuri to question herself also. She never made any enemy nor harmed anyone, why would someone be after her? Letting a man as a stranger living with her was weird and scary enough. 

"Yuri-ssi, it's time for you to go home. It's my shift now." a young lady knocked then informed Yuri of the time. She was so deep into the thought that she didn't notice the call at first. "Okay, thanks." she smiled and stood up. 

In two weeks, if there isn't any danger around me, I will definitely kick him out. Such a freak, Yuri told herself and grabbed the bag that was hanging next to her. "Okaay, I have made my mind." She said then turned off the light in her office. As she closed the door, Yuri waved to the friends in the hospital and made her way toward the elevator. 

Yuri pushed the 'lobby' button and placed her earbuds into her ears. She hummed the tune quietly to herself and she was tuned out from all the sounds around her. That was what Yuri liked. She wasn't fond of the noises around her really, so the best way for her to ignore them was music. Maximum volume that I can handle, check. 

As she reached the front door, Yuri looked for Jaejoong, who said he would be waiting for her. Through the clear glass door from the inside, she couldn't identify who was who due to the crowd. At this time, many were done with work so the sidewalk would filled with citizens walking here and there. 

"Where is him?" she mumbled.

When Yuri was outside, she still couldn't find Jaejoong. Yuri was a bit annoyed for having to stand in the cold and waited for someone who said he would be waiting for her instead. Whenever did the role got switched? she complained like a child looking for her parents.

 

"How were those random ads?" Manager Lee asked Jaejoong while smiling, who was changing into normal shirt. "Those irritating people seriously. I was surprised that they even found out about my number when I just got it!" he said as he touched up on his shirt before walking out. 

"That is how things work my friend. You turned off your phone then?'

"No, I just silent it. Plus, you know what, I also blocked those numbers." Jaejoong proud replied. For a fallen angel who was so new to this world on Earth, there were many things Jaejoong still hadn't figure out yet. Everything was different. It will definitely be awhile until I can adapt, he thought.

"Okay then, you can get off work now. Good job!" the manager patted on Jaejoong's shoulder and headed out. "Turn off the light while you at it."

The manager disappeared into the crowd, leaving Jaejoong behind. He stared at the clock and it was already five minutes after seven. I bet that girl be complaining. He smirked and shook his head. He quickly rushed out and turned off the light. After locking the door, Jaejoong ran over to the entrance of the hospital and tried to find Yuri. In such a crowd, it was nearly impossible to seek a small head of a person.

"I guess she is the one who is late." Jaejoong told himself then rested his body upon a tree nearby. All he knew was to wait and kept on searching.

 

Yuri took out her phone and dialed Jaejoong's number. Well, a phone is pretty handy.

After a few rings, Jaejoong still didn't pick up. Yuri stopped and became a bit mad. "How irresponsible!" she snapped and headed off home alone, without waiting because she didn't know how long she had to wait for such a liar. 

While Yuri was filled with anger, Jaejoong stood there and clicked his tongue for time to pass. He continously looked around for the sign of the girl without any luck. "Where in the world is this little trouble maker?!" Jaejoong dove his hand into his back pocket and pulled out his phone. There, he saw one missed call from Yuri. Due to the fact that he wanted to avoid those annoying ads, he turned the sound off and because so, he didn't notice her call earlier.

Ten minutes ago, he read from time.

Jaejoong felt a bit bad for not picking up her call and making her wait, but he was "stern Jaejoong" so he couldn't apologize like how normal people would. Instead, he could come up with an excuse to say then everything would be a-ok. He wouldn't want to admit that he was late and also didn't answer the phone.

"Yah, where ar--" 

"What is wrong with you?" he heard from the other line an angry voice. "I was there ten minutes early you fool. I tried calling you, you wouldn't even pick up." he supported his lie. 

"What are you talking about? You didn't even call me, I called you." she said as she glanced back at the phone. There was absolutely no missed call, she reconfirmed her words. 

With a straigh face, he scuffed, "Well then your phone doesn't function correctly." 

"Where are you?" he continued.

"I'm walking home already. It took you too long and I was tired of waiting." 

You trouble-some girl.

"Stay there, I will you home. Where exactly is you?" Jaejoong asked. He hurried and ran toward the direction Yuri left earlier to catch up. It was his responsibility to protect Yuri anyway. If he couldn't fulfill his job, there would be no way for him to return to heaven.

"A few block away from the hospital, almost half way home. To tell you the truth, I don't need your protection. I will be fine going home by myself. I have done this for years you know, before your existence here." she answered in an emotionless way.

"I would love to stop caring but I can't. Just stay still!"

His voice was tired and Yuri could tell. "You're tired, rest up and don't chase after me. I'm not stopping by the way--"

Jaejoong ended the call some time ago but she didn't realize. He wanted to put his full energy into catching up so holding the phone while running would not be a good idea. How dare you end it, I was talking, she thought.

"If you want to do that way, then fine. You can chase after me and see if I care. A liar and a jerk." 

As Yuri walked and talked bad about Jaejoong, she didn't notice that someone was following her from behind. Busying with her own scolding, Yuri paid no attention to her surrounding and was pretty much protection-less. Luckily, Jaejoong used all his ability to run after her and he could see her back a little. A fadng back that he was trying to look after. 

Then, Jaejoong noticed a shadow was dark and black, but he could make out that it was from a man. He tried to examine the figure and the person didn't hold anything suspicious. One thing that was suspicious was that man was attempting to follow Yuri for some reason, peeping from his corner and another. 

Ultimately sensing a bad feeling, Jaejoong found a way to make a short cut to where Yuri heading. The girl said she doesn't need me, well who is right now. Jaejoong headed to a small and dim street in order to protect the careless girl. He wasn't familiar with the place, but he did utilize some of his time to take a walk around the place before. 

"See, I can see my house right now." Yuri said, but her house wasn't visible yet. Suddenly, she felt a cold hand touching her face and covering . She was shocked and she would scream if the hand wasn't on . Whoever the hands belong to, that person pulled Yuri into a tight opening between two walls and covered her body. Her eyes were widen and she looked up. A tall figure was in front of her, Jaejoong.

With his hand still on , Jaejoong gestured for her to be quiet and stay extremely still. Then he removed it and let her get some air. The opening was so tight that they barely could fit inside it. Jaejoong's body was indeed pushing toward Yuri's. Their faces were a little above each other, making the situation even more uncomfortable and awkward. Yuri didn't know why until she peeked over to her side and saw a man walking by. He was searching for someone and that was when it struck her, Jaejoong was right and she was being followed. Her life was in danger.

After he passed, both of them could breathed out in relieve but still couldn't get out just yet. Yuri looked up and stared at Jaejong's eyes, which were staring down at hers too. She could feel the tired breath from Jaejoong and intense beatings from his heart. Jaejoong did his best to protect me, she whispered to herself.

Something about the moment added the strange feeling to her. Being so close for the first time, Yuri smelled the scent from Jaejoong's body. It wasn't like she didn't smell it from Siwon's, this scent brought her a new feeling. 

If this scene was in a movie that I watched, the male lead would sooner or later reach down for the female's lips and a kiss would bloom. Oh my lord, this can't happen, it cannot. Siwon would be mad! Plus, I can't kiss this jerk, even if he saved me. The thought from Yuri's head steered the gaze from her eyes and Yuri tried to get out from the awkwardness before something occur. 

"Go out." Jaejoong led. 

When Yuri was outside, she loosen up her body and shot herself out of the strange thought. "I told you, someone is after you but you won't believe me." Jaejoong broke the silence. 

"Well, you could have called me when you came and told me where you were at, instead of leaving me looking for you." Yuri argued clumsily.

"You are a stubborn one, would you even listen to me? You didn't even stop when I told you to." he was relieved Yuri bought his lies. Seeing no reply, he figured she couldn't say anything else.  "Come, let's go home."

Jaejoong gave out his hand and swung it toward her. "Why do you want me to hold your hand?"

Yuri then noted the blood on Jaejoong's hand. It must be the pricked wall that scraped his skin when she was squeezed in. "By the way, your hand is injured." she said in a tone like she didn't care. Yuri felt bad, a little. 

He ignored Yuri and took her hands. "I need to hold on so you won't runaway." 

He said as he pulled her home. Only Yuri was feeling strange during the tight situation, since Jaejoong didn't show any sign of weirdness. It must be because I watch a lot of romantic movies and he doesn't, that's all.

989375rhvl9ir0un.gif

Hi readers, it was long until this update right? I hope you enjoy and I changed the way I write, a little, somewhat. Please pardon any mistake.

Don't forget to leave comments ;3