I'm Here

Crying Moon

Siwon stood silently before the window in his office.

His eyes followed a white plane flying amid the blue, yet cloudy sky. Siwon compared himself to the plane, an object moving down a supposedly clear road but in reality, everything was dark and obscure. He couldn't stop replaying the new order Hades has commanded and was quite unsure on where to steer the direction at this point. Hades' words seemed to cancel what he has done and Siwon suddenly became frighten by the thought of it. 

"Sir, someone is here to see you." a female voice was heard through the phone on his desk. 

Siwon pushed the red button and stopped the blinking. "Send him in." 

Yes, Siwon was expecting someone for sure. Someone very important in fact, who plays an integral piece of this puzzle. Soon, the door was opened and a figure of a man steadily walked in. A satisfying smirk was formed on Siwon's face. He looked like he is up for this.

 

"You want to quit?" Jaejoong nodded. Jaejoong hasn't been an employee at his pizza shop for long but everyone was fond of him. He worked hard and has a nice personality, who wouldn't appreciate that. "Why all of a sudden, Jaejoong-ssi?" his fellow worker asked. 

It wasn't sudden at all to be exact. Ever since the encounter with Siwon, Jaejoong began to sense something weird was going on. Something didn't feel right, something that bothered every bone in his body. In order to fully focus on learning the real intent behind Siwon's doings, from taking Yuri's heart to trying to dominate her body, all Jaejoong needed was time. 

"I have some family business to take care of." Jaejoong smiled as he glanced around to look for the manager. "Is the manager here?" he asked. 

"He called and said he will be late today."

"I can tell him about you later when he is return, Jaejoong-ssi. By the way, it's nice having you here." his worker patted Jaejoong on the shoulder, sending him out. "Thank you for everything!" 

Jaejoong walked out while everyone waved at him. His first job ended much quicker than he expected, but never mind about that, Jaejoong must put the true mission before everything else. As he passed by Yuri's hospital, his steps grew heavier. The idea of Yuri and Siwon being together all the time put Jaejoong's in difficult position.

Even if he wanted to protect her, there was nothing he could do since her trust has all been invested to someone else. He couldn't interfere anyway because she would push him away. The road was dark on his side with one item stacked on another. If only I could elimate the trust.

 

Siwon showed the man to his seat as he also settled down on behind his desk.

"Well Mr. Lee, I think this is our third meeting right?" Siwon started. Mr. Lee crossed his legs and smiled. "Fifth actually, Mr. Choi."  

Siwon let out a soft laugh. "We should get to business here. Do you think you know why you are here today?" 

"No, not really. It's been months since you last visited me didn't it? The time you sent me to that pizza shop." Mr. Lee answered casually. 

"It all went well right?"

"Yes, like you planned. The guy came looking for a job actually." 

Siwon raised his eyebrows. Instead of moving on with their conversation, he got quiet. He tapped his fingers a little on the desk before he decided to pull out a little note from his second drawer. Looking at the wrapped up note, Siwon gave it to Mr. Lee. "This matter I want to discuss today isn't appropriate to be said in words, so take this note and follow the directions. Your deposit will be in your account in 2 days." 

Mr. Lee questioned the secrecy but he accepted the note anyway. Siwon was always generous in his deposits, making his life much easier with all the extra cash on hand. "And this is serious? Judging from the note?" He said while he walked toward the door slowly. 

"You got it." 

Mr. Lee exit the room, leaving Siwon to fall back on his chair. "Once this is finished, everything will end." his soft voice bounded inside his mind. He felt the dark side in his heart but something innocent was also there. He wanted to be stern, telling himself that this task was possible but still at the same time, he wished he could stop whatever he was doing.

 

Jaejoong sat outside Siwon's building as part of his plan to investigate. He sipped a mouthful of his drink one after another as he paid attention to anything that looked suspicious. Jaejoong tried to take his mind off the frustration by remember those time when he was back home but the picture of Yuri's note on his door kept appearing. For some reason that message bothered him a lot, in like an offended way. 

"Leave you alone, you said? Huh, like I wanted to be here in the first place." Jaejoong sniffled.

"Oh?"

A sight of Jaejoong's manager at the pizza shop caught his attention. "Why is manager Lee here?" He has no experience in being a detective, but this didn't seem normal at all. There was no possible business that the manager could have discussed with Siwon that Jaejoong thought. His heart began to pound intensely, scared that the manager may be involved with Siwon in a way. 

Seeing the manager was starting to be out of view, Jaejoong paused and followed. Jaejoong assumed he would walk back to the pizza shop but instead, the manager returned to his home. Waiting outside, the manager left after 15 minutes and returned to work. Jaejoong was confused, but this matter would be something he wouldn't ignore. 

 

The sun soon set and the sky turned black. The stars came right after and covered the city, giving it a glowing look. Under the streetlight, Jaejoong was glowing in suspicion. Whatever was happening, he needed to find out quickly, realizing that Hades might be as impatient with his plan as he was with his plan to return to heaven. Passing by a clock through a cafe's window, Jaejoong noticed it was time for Yuri to get off work. 

He rushed to the hospital so he could "" her. 

"Bye Yuri!" her co-worker said. Yuri smiled in return and waved goodbye. It was a busy day for her, since there were continuous emergencies hours after hours. Getting out the door, she paused and looked around. "He should be here by now..." meaning Jaejoong. 

After pasting the note with a message to let her be from now on, Yuri questioned if Jaejoong would cope with her proposal. It wasn't like she didn't appreciate the protection, but she felt Jaejoong was always in the way and interrupted her life. In her mind, it would be better if Jaejoong stepped back a little for awhile and give her some room to breathe. 

On the other corner of the street, Jaejoong planted his feet still. For the first time, Jaejoong did what Yuri wished, leave her alone. "I'll leave you alone for now while I focus on learning their real intention." he said to himself. As of now, Jaejoong would plan to only watch Yuri from afar until he figured everything out.  

"He isn't here." Yuri concluded and walked home by herself. "Well, this has never happened before..." she wondered. There was a little dissappointment in her voice. However, this was what she requested so she snapped herself out of it.

Jaejoong was there, except that he was steps away. He didn't follow so closely, only enough so he could see her. This could be beneficial to Jaejoong in a way too. If Siwon didn't see Jaejoong around anymore, maybe he would activate his plan, making it easier for Jaejoong to reveal. He reassured himself. "I could be home sooner than I thought."

Arrived, Yuri took a look behind her. No one was there, strangely. Unlocking the door, she took another look and still, no one. She figured if Jaejoong wasn't behind her, he would be home then. With the door opened, the lights were off. No one was really around her. 

"Jaejoong-ssi? Jaejoong-ssi?" Yuri thought she called. 

She turned around and grabbed her note on the table. He must have seen it, she thought. Yuri was thankful that Jaejoong finally knew what she hoped for. Even so, without his presence gave Yuri a feeling of emptiness. "Him staying here really makes a difference." she whispered. 

For most of her life, she had been alone and never felt this way. She questioned herself and the reason for her to be this way. Within her, she told herself that Jaejoong would be back because he said it was his duty to protect her anyway. Guiding her brain away, Yuri chose to call her boyfriend. Siwon was her boyfriend, so it made more sense for her to seek comfort in him. "Yes, yes, oppa." 

First dial, second dial, third dial, no one picked up. She tried his home phone and she would receive nothing but the message to call back. She exhaled heavily. Yuri stared at the table where Jaejoong and her used to bicker all the time and laughed. She recognized that they were like kids fighting over something small the time, and somehow missed it.

 

Yuri let herself sank into the mattress of her bed. She rolled around for several minutes before she found a comfort zone. Looking at her bedroom's door, she waited for a sound of arrival. Minutes passed, nothing. 

"Ugh what am I doing?" she grunted in disbelief that she was actually waiting Jaejoong. She was the one to turn on a red signal, so she should be happy. But, she just couldn't. Before she dozed her head with more craziness, Yuri tried to close her eyes and sleep. 

Jaejoong waited for about half hour after he saw the lights were off to enter the house. He attempted his best to give Yuri the most space as possible, and was surprised that he could actually do that, since he always disagreed with her. Inserting the key, Jaejoong softly turned the door knob and closed it quietly when he was inside.  

"Well, you are sure late." Yuri suddenly said to start the conversation. Jaejoong, who was caught off guard jumped up in astonishment. He had to hold his heart and prevented it from beating so loudly and fall off his chest.

"Oh my god, what are you doing?" he screamed. "Aren't you asleep yet? Why are you still up?"

"Were you waiting for me to fall asleep?" she gave him a glare. 

"Don't start it. You told me to give you your space and I AM doing it." he grabbed the note and shoved into Yuri's hand. "Go live your life, I won't even bother you until you beg for me." Ignoring her, Jaejoong slammed his door shut and the light in his room. 

Seeing the reaction, Yuri yelled back. "I'm going to the bathroom, and beg? I WON'T BEG!" 

 

Jaejoong's alarm rang at 6 am. He figured that leaving early wouldn't leave him a chance of facing the girl sleeping in the other room. He got dressed quickly and left. Today was important because he was determined to expose Siwon, starting with manager Lee. He thought he could learn something and wrap things up. 

An hour later, Yuri was up. She dragged herself out of bed and Jaejoong's words last night hit her. She recalled that Jaejoong was really leaving her to do whatever she liked. She thought if he came home late last night to avoid her, he must left early in the morning too. To confirm, Yuri quietly looked inside his room and he sure wasn't there.

 

Throughout the day, Yuri attempted to get her mind off Jaejoong but she couldn't. Despite the fact that she had to run around to care for her patients constantly, Yuri couldn't concentrate fully. Her mind was scattered, unfortunately. "Doctor Kwon, the patient in room 469 needs you. Please report." she heard the call through the speaker phone. 

"Nurse Jung, can you get the materials. I'm going to head to room 469 first." Yuri called the nurse who was standing next to her. Nurse Jung nodded and hurried to fetch the order. "Thank you." 

 

Jaejoong has been spending his morning watching Siwon at his company again. It was pretty quiet and Siwon never left the building. Jaejoong figured today wasn't going to be the day for action on Siwon's side so he moved to his next target, manager Lee. When Jaejoong was still an employee, the manager arrived at around 9 am in the morning, had a lunch break at 2 pm and finished at 7 pm, when the store closed. He speculated that he could sneak into the manager's house in between the time to collect anything useful. 

He looked at the time and it was already 3 pm. To make sure the place was clear, Jaejoong visited the pizza shop if the manager has returned from his lunch break. Like the schedule, the manager was there directing the deliveries and calls.

Jaejoong then rushed to the manager's house and conducted his own search. He reached a house behind a corner in a little street and examined the entrance. The door was sure locked and he didn't know how to pick it open, thus he sought for another alternative. 

"The window..." he whispered. 

The window was half enclosed, making it a perfect entrance. Jaejoong pushed the window completely opened and managed to fit through it. It was tight but Jaejoong was finally inside. 

The house was quite messy but much more spacious than Yuri's house. Jaejoong noted that there was only one bedroom. He turned the door and started flipping through stacks of paper. Some time progressed but nothing was found. There were only old receipts, the pizza shop's monthly bills and data, plus several dirty pieces of clothing everywhere. 

Jaejoong wanted to give it a final glance and was awared that there was a painting on the wall, crooked. He gave it a push out of the way and behind was a secret compartment. It wasn't locked to his surprise. What he uncovered inside were important though, raising the question why this wasn't locked in the first place. 

"A piece of paper?" Jaejoong said. 

He unconcealed the item to read a shocking message. Inside were also a picture of himself and Yuri. 

Jaejoong dropped to the floor. Someone he knew, someone so nice like manager Lee, he couldn't would do something like this. Manager Lee worked for Siwon for sure, especially with the note "from Siwon" at the botom. Undoubtedly, Yuri would believe in what he has been saying about Siwon all along. 

"Yuri..."

"No, Yuri!" 

The thought of Yuri came like lightning to his mind. Yuri is in danger.

Jaejoong ran to the hospital as quickly as he could. If Yuri die, everything would collapse.

 

Yuri smiled at the little boy she just treated. How cute. "Say bye to the doctor, my son!" his mom directed. The boy excitedly said bye in his mother's embrace. Yuri looked in joy and could only smile at the scene of a mother and her son, suffering together through pain. If only her mother lived with her longer, maybe they could share the same memory. 

Quickly after, she felt her phone was vibrating in her pocket. "Please bring the paper back to my room." Yuri handed the clipboard to Nurse Jung and headed out the rooftop. She dug out the phone and read the name Jaejoong as the caller ID. "Well, now you are begging to return instead." she scoffed. 

"Why?" Yuri said in a huff. 

"Yuri? You are-- Yuri right?" Jaejoong exhaustedly said. He reached the front entrance of hospital only to be breathless in any second. "Yes, it's me. What's wrong with you?" she replied, still in a mocking tone. 

"That--is--good then." he said with pauses in between. Catching another breath, Jaejoong continued. "Wait for me after work, I have something to give to you, something persuasive."

Yuri realized Jaejoong's voice grew serious. "Really? What about the not bothering me part?" 

"Never mind about that. Please 'let me bother you again' Yuri-ssi." 

"Well you beg me first, remember that." Yuri grinned. She won the fight and she was right that she wouldn't beg. "So okay? Tonight, at 7?" he asked again to confirm. 

"Okay! I'll get going now." she concluded. 

They both hang up the call and Jaejoong was relieved that the manager wasn't a step earlier. At least Yuri was okay, and he wouldn't leave her out of sight again since he knew what was going on. Still tired from the run, Jaejoong walked over to the cafe next to the hospital. A few hours later Yuri would be dismissed, so it was best he stayed and wait.

 

The clock striked 6 pm in the pizza shop. The manager suddenly announced that he wasn't feeling well so he was going to close the shop early for a day. Everyone was delighted to leave before their hour, especially when the manager rarely let them pack up at such rate. Usually if he didn't feel well, he would go home early and had the employees in charge. 

"Turn off the lights when you are done, alright?" Manager Lee said while at the door. "I'm leaving first then."

The employees greeted in union and sent their manager off. "Isn't it great today?" one person yelled. The others followed with a happy cheer and dimmed the lights. 

While leaving, one man encountered Jaejoong, who was sitting at the cafe gazing out at the cars passing by. "Jaejoong-ssi, why are you here?" he addressed. Jaejoong was excited to see his co-worker again, however became confused on the reason he was dismissed at such early hour in casual clothes and all. "It's an hour until closing time, why are you here?" 

"Manager Lee let us leave early. He said he doesn't feel well." the man replied. "We all missed you, even the manager, Jaejoong-ssi."

Not feeling well? The note... oh no, a trap. 

"Sorry but I need to go. I just realize I have something to take care of. See you later okay?" 

Jaejoong rushed away with a shock on his face. Siwon must have known he usually walked Yuri home at 7 when her shift ended so the plan executed an hour early to avoid any disturbance. If he was correct, the manager would be after Yuri any second now. Jaejoong reached for his phone and dialed Yuri's number, hoping to get her out of the hospital before anything happen. 

 

Mrs. Jung brought Yuri back to her office for a cup of tea. "Well, that patient was tough, wasn't she?" Mrs. Jung commented. Yuri agreed because it took both of them several tries to properly give the patient her daily medicines. 

"I think she was shock, that's all. Which is why she won't accept the medicines." Yuri explained. 

"Yes, I think so. For the next month, I'll take care of her so you can move on to another patient, Yuri-ssi." 

Mrs. Jung pulled out a chair for Yuri to sit down while she prepared the tea. She felt another vibration in her pocket and discovered it was Jaejoong again. She let him bother her again, but that didn't mean he could call her anytime he wanted and be all naggy. Before she could excuse herself for the call, Mrs. Jung began a talk about Siwon. "How are things between you guys? Marriage yet?" 

"Ah no, not yet." Yuri shyly answered as she swiped the ignore button. 

"I think he will propose soon. Siwon expresses his desire to do so with me all the time." Mrs. Jung smiled, making Yuri blushed even more. Marriage was a little too soon to discuss but it was nice to hear.

 

"May I ask what floor is Doctor Kwon Yuri in?" Jaejoong asked the receptionist in a cracking voice. "The fifth floor sir, her office is in room 5W." 

"Thank you." 

"Aish, why don't you pick up!!" 

Unfortunately for Jaejoong, the timing was wrong. Before he could reach the elevator, the hospital's energy source was shut down, making everything pitch black. Jaejoong could barely see the sign to the stairs and ran up that way instead. He couldn't afford no delay. Everything was relied on him rescuing Yuri in time or not.

 

"Please stay here Mrs. Jung. I'll go to my room next door and get the candles." Yuri reassured as she the flashlight from her phone. Blackout rarely occur in the hospital so it was a little terrifying for her to walk around in darkness. She reached her office and searched her drawers for candles. Yuri found one! 

She closed her office's door and felt that her phone vibrated again with Jaejoong's caller ID. "Why do you keep on calling me?" 

"Yuri ah, get out of the hospital. Someone is trying to kill you in there. Get out now!" Jaejoong screamed on the other line, giving her a heart attack. "What? Me?" Yuri asked in a much louder volume. 

"Please, get out of there, now." he emphasized his message again. 

"You must be kidding me. Fine I will----" 

Yuri was interrupted by someone from behind. was covered by a piece of cloth and soon dozed her off to a deep sleep. "Yuri? Yuri? Wait, I heard your voice. You must be close. YURI?!!" Jaejoong shrilled, knowing something must have happened. He was late.

Fortunately, when he reached the fifth floor, he saw someone was dragging a body into a room, who he assumed to be Yuri. Jaejoong raced with his full speed in gear. The door read room 5W, Yuri's room. Without any second to spare, Jaejoong knocked the door right open with his body and found Yuri's body on the floor. The culprit was holding a knife, alerting him that the manager was really here to kill her. 

The criminal aimed the knife right at Jaejoong. Its direction kept on coming on Jaejoong's body, until he managed to dodge the stab quick enough to kick the knife right off his hand. With the weapon flung to the floor, he fled scene, knowing his mission has failed terribly. 

Soon, the lights were up and bright again. Jaejoong, who would much rather prioritized Yuri's safety first pulled her up and carried her bridal style to the emergency room. He wasn't sure what the culprit used to get her unconscious, thus it was better to check. "Don't worry. I'm here Yuri-ah. Just stay with me." 

Hello readers! I'm back with another chapter. I want to speed up the pace the story is going as much as I can so there would be something important every chapter from now on. Thank you for your support! See you soon with another chapter update okay?