I'm sorry

Crying Moon

Jaejoong pushed Yuri through the crowds at the emergency room's door.

"Doctor Kwon? What happened?" a fellow doctor exclaimed when she saw the lifeless figure of Yuri in Jaejoong's hands. Jaejoong explained that she fainted during the blackout and suggested that she should be examined thoroughly. The other doctor was surprised at first because Yuri was fine just before the incident but agreed to have her checked. She directed Jaejoong to placed Yuri on the empty bed in a corner of the room while the nurse prepared the check up.

Jaejoong was led outside to wait until everything was complete. "Thank you very much." he said. The doctor smiled. "Are you her family?" 

He replied with an introduction. "Yes, I'm her cousin. I'm Jaejoong" 

"Ah, I'm Doctor Hwang. Nice to meet you." she politely gave him a handshake before resuming her job. Jaejoong stood still as he exhaled weakly. His color was a little off and pale, probably due to the worrying. Fortunately, the danger period was over. Now, he could rest assured that Yuri passed over the phase where he should be in panic.

 

An hour later, doctor Hwang came out to greet Jaejoong, who was leaning against the wall on his chair outside. Jaejoong got up as soon as he saw the doctor came out. "Doctor Kwon is okay, Jaejoong-ssi. She is only unconscious because she is sleeping, but she will wake up in about half an hour or earlier."

Jaejoong thanked the Lord that nothing serious happened. He grabbed Doctor Hwang's hands as he pleased. "Thank you so much, doctor." 

"She has been transferred to room 210 on the second floor." she told him. Jaejoong nodded and bowed in an expression of goodbye. He made his way to the elevator while doctor Hwang had her eyes followed a gentleman that Yuri has never mentioned to her before. 

Jaejoong pushed the button with a number 2. He felt extremely tired for some reason, so he told himself to rest. However, he couldn't go home because if he does, the killer might return or even worse, Siwon. He was evil enough to send an assassinator to kill his girlfriend, who know what else he had planned already. 

He dragged his legs out of the elevator and to Yuri's room, which located all the way at the end of the hall. When reached, Jaejoong pushed the door open to see her sleeping peacefully on her bed. He smiled as he approached her head and placed his hand on her forehead. Her temperature was normal and everything was okay. "That's good." 

Jaejoong realized there was an empty bed next to Yuri's, the only one. Since he was exhausted, he thought it was convenience because he could just rest in the same room. Jaejoong slided his right hand down his abdomen area, sensing something was wet. He let out a moan caused by his hand on the area and held the hand up. There was a red patch of blood in the middle of his palm and another moan escaped his mouth. Jaejoong didn't know how the stab got there but it slowly began to hurt. Before he could lie on the bed or call the doctor, his mind went black and fainted. 

Like a bird who had been shot, he fell to the door. 

 

"Please, get out of there, now." Yuri heard someone yelling at her as she was trapped inside the dimly lit hospital's hallway. "Someone is trying to kill you..." she heard the same voice again. Yuri suddenly became frightened and confused as to why someone would want to kill her. Abruptly, she heard a gunshot that knocked her out of her nightmare. 

She was covered in sweats. Yuri looked around and observe her surrounding. "This is the hospital's room..." she weakly said. 

"Why am I-- Jaejoong-ssi!" she noticed a body lying on the floor next to her. Yuri got off her bed and tried to hold Jaejoong's head up. He was extremely pale, his lips were dried and his temperature was rising. She quickly pushed the button for help when she noticed his hand. Yuri held up Jaejoong's palm to see the red liquid, still wet. 

"Blood." she exclaimed in panic. "What was he doing--"

Yuri caught a glimpse of the wet spot on Jaejoong's dark colored T-shirt. Shortly, the doctor and his nurse arrived due to the request. "Doctor Kwon!" he said. 

"The patient suffered a stab wound and needed to be treated instantly. It looked like he has lost some blood already, please apply pressure." she directed. The other doctor nodded while he and the nurse placed Jaejoong on the bed and pushed him out. Yuri supported herself by her bed, still in a trauma state. She recalled Jaejoong warning her that someone was planning to kill her instead, but he was the one to be injured. 

Yuri decided to followed to where Jaejoong was being treated in agonize, hoping that he would be okay. "Yuri-ssi, you are awake?" doctor Hwang stopped Yuri in joy. "Thank you Tiffany-ssi. How do you know about me, my condition?" 

"Your cousin, Jaejoong-ssi..." Tiffany replied softly. She thought Jaejoong would mention her to Yuri when she regained her conscious but it turned out, he didn't.

"Jaejoong. You saw him? Do you know what happened to him while I was unconscious?" Yuri asked in curiosity. 

"No, not really. I saw him carrying you to the emergency room, that's all. Why so?"

"Ah, he got injured for some reason, the doctors are treating him." her words struck her. Jaejoong must have been there to stop the attack and became her shield. That was the only reason that could make sense in this accident. She bid farewell to Tiffany and proceeded to check on Jaejoong's condition. 

"Injured?" 

"Yes, please come visit him when he's better. I need to go now, Tiffany-ssi."

The last time Tiffany saw Jaejoong, he seemed fine to her. She wasn't quite sure what happened but it got her worried. He couldn't have gotten hurt when he visited Yuri though, she thought. 

 

Yuri later learned that Jaejoong has been moved to room 210 again after his bleeding was contained. She was told it wasn't a serious stab. They wondered why it took the patient more than an hour to realize he has been hurted because it wasn't a light stabbing incident either. Yuri thought maybe he was too focused on saving her to know about his own condition. She suddenly felt bad for not picking up his call a little earlier and got away from all this. 

Standing next to his bed, Yuri was happy to see Jaejoong's condition made wonderful progress thus far and his life wasn't harmed. She slowly moved her hand over his head and felt his cheek on her palm. What Jaejoong has been warning her about were indeed true, but when he said Siwon set all this up, it still gave her doubts. Siwon was her boyfriend afterall, he wouldn't do such thing, she believed. 

Yuri glanced at the clock, it was already 10 pm. She couldn't go home now that Jaejoong was here, so she figured it would be best if she spend the night at the hospital. There was a bed for her too, might as well sleep here also. 

 

Yuri searched her office for a set of clothing to change into. Finally, she found the outfit she purposely left for time she had to worked overnight. After changing, she walked down the hospital's cafeteria for a breakfast. 

"Yuri-ssi!" she heard Mrs. Jung calling while waiting in line. 

"Yes, Mrs. Jung" she greeted with a bow.

"I thought you said you were getting the candles. You had me worried all night, Yuri-ssi. I called Siwon and he didn't know either. You had both of us worried." she commented nervously. 

"I was a little sick last night so I passed out a little. Don't worry Mrs. Jung." Yuri assured. The mention of Siwon reminded her of her call to him two nights earlier and he didn't pick up. He never called back too. She then took out her phone. 20 missed calls since last night from oppa... Siwon actually called she thought. 

"I'll call him after breakfast. Thank you for letting me know." she answered brightly. Mrs. Jung patted softly on her shoulder before she left for an emergency call from the staff. Yuri sent her off and resumed her meal. "Two of the same thing please." she ordered for Jaejoong also, assuming may be up by now. 

Entering the room, she noticed that he was still in his sleep. Seeing his clothes were dropped to the floor, Yuri stepped near them to pick up and placed in a bag. When Jaejoong recover, he could just bring the bag home with him. "How sloppy" she joked as she picked up one piece after another. When Yuri held up the jacket, a piece of paper and two pictures fell out. Peculiar, she placed the bag on the bed first before uncovering the letter.  Yuri opened to see a picture of herself and Jaejoong separately and raised her eyebrows. 

"Why would he has a picture of himself and me for?" she glared over to Jaejoong.

When she finally reveal the letter and read carefully, her heart almost drop. Its content was beyond surprising, more like horrifying. What hit her harder was Siwon's name at the bottom, addressing that he was the one who wrote it up. Couldn't help herself any longer, Yuri fell down. Her body felt heavier, her head was exploding, especially her heart. Tears formed in her eyes and trickled down her cheeks. What Jaejoong said was actually true, sincerely true. 

Yuri blamed herself for being so foolish and believed in a blind love years after years. "I need fresh air, yes, I need fresh air." she told herself in a trembling tone. She managed to get herself to the rooftop, where she admitted to be the most consoling right now. 

The letter Yuri left behind flew to the floor, it read:

Lee,

Hades has already given his next command, hoping to be the last before he could achieve his one and only dream, Heaven. After several attempts on the fallen angel, we still failed to receive what we yearned for. Capturing her heart doesn't mean anything anymore, so the great Hades has ordered you to take care of this matter. 

"Kill" the girl in this picture. That shall wrap up our things here on Earth. If you have a chance, kill her guardian angel too. He has been a thorn in my eyes. Do well and you shall be rewarded. Make it quick, I'll be waiting. If you fail, I'll do the job myself. 

Siwon, your leader.

 

Jaejoong stood far away from Yuri as he watched her cried in a corner by herself. When she cried, Jaejoong could feel the pain of an open wound. The trust she thought that was invested well into someone wasn't after all. Yuri's whole body was shaking and the sobs were no longer as stifled as she was trying to hide her grief in the room. The emotions had truly overtook Yuri's mind and she was broke down entirely. 

He wished he could have been there for support and comfort, but it would be best for her to confront her pain by herself first. "I'm sorry but this would only get better. I'll help you get better." Jaejoong said before he returned to the room. 

 

Yuri came back with a devastated look on her face. She would asked herself why would Siwon did that but she only trapped herself in further anger and grief. That paper must be the item Jaejoong wanted to give to her during the call. Yuri finally regreted for her vulnerability, for trusting the wrong person. She needed to put up her guard, build a stronger wall and shatter the mask Siwon was wearing all this time.  

"Jaejoong-ssi." she said when she saw Jaejoong sitting on his bed, eating breakfast. 

"Hi doctor!" Jaejoong greeted brightly, which hurted the injury a little for being too cheerful. "How is your condition? Are you alright?" Yuri asked as she came closer to his bed. It was close enough Jaejoong could see the redness in her eyes. "I'm okay, don't worry doctor. You on the other hand, look tired." he commented. 

His remark stopped Yuri's examination. 

"I saw the letter. I'm sorry for everything I said up to now, for pushing you away." she suddenly confessed. Jaejoong didn't expect Yuri to tell him this, not now or ever but it consoled him to hear her said it. It showed that she has became much stronger. Not knowing how to reply, Jaejoong replied. "Ah really? No problem, we can start anew, like we have never met." 

Jaejoong smiled. "I'm Jaejoong. I'm here to be your guardian angel." 

Yuri couldn't help but chuckled gently. She could tell that Jaejoong was trying to lift up her mood so she played along. "Yes, I'm Yuri. Kwon Yuri, nice to meet you, my guardian angel."

"See? Not so bad. Just forget what happened and smile. I'll take care of you. You are my responsibility from now on." he said and continued munching on the food. Yuri's mood was increased by a few percentage as she watched Jaejoong. He was okay, really okay so she didn't have to live through a life of guilt. Jaejoong turned over to her and offered a portion of the egg on the plate. It gets better again, doesn't it? 

 

Yuri continued her normal activity at the hospital. Everything was busy like usual. Patients being admitted, nurses and doctor pushing beds around continually while she attemped to drive the thoughts of betrayal away. Yuri was a doctor, she must placed her pain on the side and put others' pain above her own. Getting a cup of coffee during her break, Tiffany approached her from behind. 

Her tone was shy. "Yuri-ssi." 

Taking a sip, Yuri responded. "Yes?" 

"Your cousin, Jaejoong-ssi, does he have someone?" Yuri could see the blush in her colleague's cheeks and gave her a grin. She didn't expect Jaejoong to be attractive to Tiffany, someone who was very sophisicated and popular among men. "You mean a girlfriend?" 

The way Yuri said it caused Tiffany to get more shy. She tended to have men asked her out usually, however, this was the first time she wanted to ask someone out. "Yes." 

"Not that I know of. Don't worry, I'll tell him." 

"Really? You are awesome, Yuri-ssi." 

"He's family, maybe you will become family." Yuri joked. Meanwhile, Yuri's name was called through the speaker again. Hurried to the next location, she stared at Tiffany who were happy to hear the news. She seemed like an innocent woman at some point, which confused her if she made the right decision to introduce her to Jaejoong. Jaejoong was an angel, and he would always be an angel. Yuri thought if these two ever progress, what would Tiffany do if Jaejoong suddenly leave Earth to return to his home. Tiffany may be dragged into an endless love like she was with Siwon that could end in another story of pain and burden.

 

Jaejoong hit the button above his bed and waited for the doctor to come and change his gauze. His discomfort has gone down gradually and he believed he felt much better. The door slowly opened with a crew of doctor and nurses visited only minutes later. As they changed the bandage and everything, he peeked at his wound. It didn't look bad, but not good either. It was strange he didn't feel  a thing and didn't remembered the knife piercing through his body once. He thought he dodged them all. 

"There you go, please rest." the doctor directed. Jaejoong nodded and proceeded to lie down.

He wasn't quite sure what he was going to do next to end Siwon's troubles. It wouldn't be easy to just kick him out of Yuri's life and he return to heaven. It was complicated. At least Yuri had read the letter and Siwon's scheme was revealed, he wouldn't have to be freaked out about their relationship anymore.

But why does Siwon wanted to kill her though? What is it that he wanted?

"Are you sleeping?" he heard. It was Yuri.

"Oh hey. No, just thinking." Jaejoong pulled his pillow up and laid it against his bed so he could sit up. Yuri suddenly laughed while she came and settled on the side of his bed. "You know what? I got you a date." 

Yuri reconsidered the pros and cons of Tiffany and Jaejoong before she stopped by and truly changed her mind that it wouldn't be that bad. Jaejoong was a guy, he needed someone in his life and it would if he had to be burden being her protection forever.

"What, why? Why all of the sudden? Who?" Jaejoong asked in surprise.

Tapping her fingers on the blanket, Yuri explained. "You know, that doctor Hwang, Tiffany Hwang who says she knew you? Well, she seems like she likes you, a lot."

"Doctor Hwang?" he recalled. "Oh yeah, the doctor I met at the emergency room. She is nice." 

Hearing his compliments relieved her. "Oh, so you like her too? Go out with her, I don't know once and see how things go. You deserve some happiness in your life. You can't follow me around like a guy without a house or someone to be with. You are on Earth now, enjoy something about it." 

Jaejoong glimpsed. He speculated that it was weird for her to be setting him up with girls. His one and only goal was to become Yuri's shadow until the day come, not going out.

"So you are good?" Yuri confirmed. Not hearing a no from him, she assumed he agreed. 

"But what about you?" he unexpectedly said.

It was quiet between them. Yuri looked at him in bewilderment and seemed to misunderstood his intention. "What about me?" 

"You and Siwon, is it because of that reason you are doing this? You feel guilty due to the fact you put me in this state?" Jaejoong gestured his hands around his bed and sheet. Yuri took a deep breath. Maybe because she was guilty, she wanted to do something nice for him. "Don't worry about me. Me and him, there's nothing." 

Jaejoong waited for Yuri's change in expression. He reminded her of the bad memory again, that brought back the pain she tried so hard to ignore for the past hours. However, she made it appeared like it was alright. She cheerfully smiled and shook her head to indicate that he should try it with Tiffany.  

"Okay then. But don't worry. I'll still be there for you when you need me, I'm still your guardian." 

Welcome back! Please comment, subscribe and upvote :) I hope you like this chapter.