c h a p t e r seven

You Are My Song

 

 

 

 

HEAVENDOESN'TSEEMFARAWAY

 

 

 

 

The sunlight seeped through the windows in Vickie's room.  It was a chilly Friday.  The relaxing blue-colored curtains danced with the smallest amount of wind blowing on them.  Music sheets on the nearby table shuffled as the wind got stronger, even if very little was able to enter through the edges of the window.  Vickie's eyes fluttered open, a smile spreading across her face.

 

 

Last night, she and Jinki were welcomed back to the school by a lecturing Jooyoung.  She insisted that both of them should have contacted her since she finished shopping early.  The two pressed on the fact that they didn't know she was finished early.  Jooyoung sighed and said her good night to them, happy that Vickie and Jinki were safe.  Then it was Vickie and Jinki's turn to say their farewells to each other.

 

 

Vickie stretched her body out in bed as she laid on her side.  Her bones made quiet snaps, indicating that she should stop her mild morning exercise if she didn't want a broken bone.  She sat up, facing the window of her room.  The light coming in through made her squint.

 

 

She walked over to the window, sitting at the windowsill a foot wide.  Vickie ran a hand through her messy bed head, staring out into the school garden below.  Her skin glimmered in the sunlight, making her look like an angel with the smoothest and whitest skin of all.  The light made her eyes become of the hazel color, her hair golden brown.  She looked like a goddess sitting on the windowsill.

 

 

A knock on the door made Vickie turn her sight away from the school garden.

 

 

Vickie stood up, wobbling as she walked and rubbed her eyes off of the usual morning awakening.  She turned the knob, and a grinning Jinki Lee appeared in her doorway once the door was opened.  He was holding up two cups of some hot beverage that seemed to be hot chocolate according to the smell.

 

 

Good morning, Vic!  Jinki grinned.  I got hot chocolate and croissants from the cafeteria.

 

 

Vickie forced a smile, sleepiness slowly crawling back up on her.  Good morning, Jinki.

 

 

Jinki stood there, contemplating on whether he would ask Vickie if he could come in or if she would suggest that herself.  He chose the prior.  Can I come in?

 

 

Oh, yes!  Sure, come in.  Vickie made way for Jinki, and locked the door behind once Jinki was inside.

 

 

It was much colder in Vickie's room than in Jinki's, since the window was smaller in Jinki's room, and his dorm's window was perfectly sealed like an unopened package as well.  He set down the cups and paper bag on Vickie's vanity table, then jumped in her bed, grabbing the blanket as he rested there like it was his own bed.

 

 

Your room is so cold,  Jinki remarked, faking a shiver as he snuggled the thick blanket.  Vickie scoffed, sitting at the side edge of her bed looking down at Jinki.

 

 

Aren't you going to eat?  Because I am,  Vickie said, grabbing a cup and the paper bag from the vanity table right beside her bed.  

 

 

The paper bag made a rustling noise as she opened it, the aroma of freshly baked croissants wafting out of the bag.  She sipped some of the chocolate from the cup, then the scent of cocoa combined with the croissants when the warm smoke went out of the lid hole.  Jinki rolled to the side where Vickie sat, tapping her and pointing to his cup.

 

 

Can you get me mines, please?  He asked, sitting up on the bed.  Vickie reached forward and grabbed the cup, handing it to Jinki.

 

 

What are we going to do today?  Vickie inquired between croissant munches.

 

 

Jinki gulped down some of his hot chocolate.  He his lips off of leftover cocoa, if there were any.  Well, I don't really know.  I feel like doing nothing, honestly.

 

 

Vickie finished a croissant and drank some hot chocolate before she replied.  Me, too.  I feel like practicing my song for the gig though, and that's rare since I never practice.

 

 

Well, now I know what we can do.

 

 

Vickie's eyes sparkled, looking straight into Jinki's eyes.  What?

 

 

You can practice your song while I sleep.  Jinki proudly smiled at his plan.  That plan of his earned a soft punch from Vickie.

 

 

That's all you ever do.  Vickie scrunched up her nose.  Hey, actually, do you want me to bring you to the gig place with me tomorrow?  I don't think you've ever been there, right?

 

 

Jinki considered this for a moment before nodding his head.  I guess so, since we've been best friends for almost four years.

 

 

Vickie chuckled at Jinki's emphasis on best and four.  Alright, then.

 

 

Vickie's guitar seemed to be calling for attention, since when the curtain reached where it was and caressed its surface, the strings strummed a tune by themselves.  Vickie stood up to get her guitar.  She got the shuffled up music sheets on the table, and sat down on the windowsill again.

 

 

Just as expected, she arrived at that location again once she had closed her eyes.  The sparkling ocean beneath her looked like little broken glass as the sun reflected itself on it.  The wind became warmer than that in Vickie's bedroom, and sitting at the edge of the cliff seemed not so scary as it was the first time.

 

 

Her legs dangled as she sat the cliff's edge, even when back in her bedroom her legs were crossed at the ankle.  She was also wearing a white dress, the ends swaying in the wind, compared to her black shirt and gray sweatpants in reality.  It was all very confusing, but one thing mattered:  Vickie didn't care.

 

 

She was used to feeling like she was wearing a dress of some sort whenever she sang, or even a bottomless depth beneath her legs.  Or, even stranger, a gentler breeze than of that close-to-freezing temperature in her bedroom blowing her hair away.  She didn't like to experience just being at the edge of a cliff every time she sings, but that was what was there.

 

 

And Vickie couldn't get out of that place, unless somebody says her name, or acknowledges her at the least.  That somebody had to be someone specific, someone who had the sincerest of all feelings.  Jinki was that somebody, and nobody else.

 

 

Wow, Vickie.  I think you should start singing more of that genre than rock.

 

 

The surroundings converted back to the regular almond-burgundy colored wooden walls, and a bed with a Jinki Lee in it.  It was cold again as well, and for some reason, it made Vickie disappointed to leave that place.  She has told Jinki about it multiple times, but Jinki only reassured her that it was one of the ways human imagination plays with its beholder.

 

 

I really like it, too, but I've been with rock music ever since I was born.  Vickie let out a short laugh.

 

 

Jinki grinned.  He pulled out his phone, and the time flashed on the screen made his eyes dilate.  It's just seven?!

 

 

Well, time's going a little slow today.  Vickie said, standing up and walking over to the wall where she usually leaned her guitar on.  She made her way to her bed, laying down right beside Jinki.

 

 

Then the thought of the cliff made its way to her head again.  It was clearly painted out on her head, and whenever she was dragged all the way there, the painting just became accentuated and defined each time.  Why is it that every time she sings, that's the only place she sees?  Why wouldn't all other pleasant scenery appear?

 

 

Answers were needed, but they weren't clear.  Unlike that picture of the cliff and the ocean beneath in Vickie's mind—unnecessarily much clearer than a hawk's vision.

 

 

Are you going back to sleep?  Jinki said with big eyes.  He had in his head the picture of sleeping beside Vickie.  Before it was impossible, but now it was too impossible.

 

 

Mhmm.  And after that, silence broke out in the entire room.  Only Jinki and Vickie's breathing were audible.

 

 

Vickie was still trying to consider that cliff a paradise, or heaven, or a haven.  Jinki, on the other hand, had found his own heaven.

 

 

And it was right by Vickie's side.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

CAN I JUST CRY ;_;

OKAY SO I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU GUYS TO LISTEN TO BRUNO MARS'S "REST OF MY LIFE"...JUST TO CONTEMPLATE ABOUT THINGS

AND BECAUSE IT'S SUCH A SWEET SONG ><

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO IT THOUGH HAHAHAH BUT IT'S A GOOD SONG *THUMBS UP!*

OOOOH~! NEW SUBBIE! HI, DEAR! WELCOME TO MY STORY ^^ I HOPE YOU ENJOY READING MY STORY <3

THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING!