c h a p t e r twenty-six

You Are My Song

 

 

 

SHE'SMYHEART

 

 

 

When morning came, Vickie ended waking up first.  She looked around at first, unfamiliar of her surroundings, then she remembered they were still in Jooyoung's apartment.  She slowly got out of the couch, careful not to wake Jinki up.  She arranged the blanket over Jinki.  He squirmed a little, then stopped, resuming back to his sleep.  Vickie patted the blanket over him once again before she left and tried to find a paper and a pen.

 

Successfully, she found a scrap piece of paper and a company pen lying on the kitchen countertop.  Just as she was about to write the first word of her note to Jooyoung, her sight flew to a blue paper plastered by a magnet onto the refrigerator.  Vickie silently walked over to the fridge and took off the note from the fridge's door.

 

Jooyoung said that breakfast was prepared and stored in the fridge if they decided to stay in her apartment longer.  She also wrote that she would be gone for the entire day and the first portion of the day after that because of the appalling amount of patients at the medical center.  The guest room was also clean and prepared, she wrote, just in case something happens between the leftover people in that particular flat that requires the need of a private space.

 

Vickie let out a stifled chuckle.  Unfortunately, Jinki's sleeping mode was turned off by her small-sounding giggle.

 

He got out of the couch, messing his hair up, and wobbled his way to Vickie, "What are you laughing about?"

 

"Good morning."  Vickie replied with a smile.  Jinki kissed her cheek as a response.  "Breakfast is ready and in the fridge, by the way, if you're hungry.  And if you still want to sleep, the guest room is open."

 

With eyes barely open, Jinki opened the fridge and pulled out two small plastic food containers that had fried eggs in one and hotdogs in the other.  He set them on the countertop and pulled out a jug of milk.  Vickie took the initiative to heat the food up.  She set the container that had the eggs in them in the microwave oven and set it for forty-five seconds.

 

"Did you have a good sleep?"  Jinki wrapped his arms around Vickie's waist.

 

Vickie nodded.  "I did.  Did you?"

 

"Of course, I did.  We slept together," Jinki laughed along with Vickie.  The microwave beeped, slightly startling the two.  The former automatically unwrapped himself from Vickie and let her get the food.  He himself went to the restroom while Vickie heated the hotdogs.

 

The two of them talked as they ate their breakfast, with Jinki insisting Vickie to do something with him after their meal since the guest room was available anyway.  Vickie, on the other hand, insisted they do nothing before marriage.  This made Jinki sad, but he understood, and Vickie promised.  He was already looking forward to it.

 

"But for now," Vickie stood up out of her chair and hugged Jinki's neck, "I'll shower you with lots of hugs and kisses!"  Jinki grinned when Vickie gave him a lengthy peck on his cheek.

 

For the remainder of the day, all they did was stuff their faces with foods of all kind—mostly junk food—and watch shows on the television ranging from family movies to children's shows.  The both of them had their eyes plastered on the T.V. where a purple dinosaur was singing and playing with his friends.

 

"Vickie?"  Jinki called out, his eyes not leaving the huge, flat-screen entertainment box.

 

"Yes?"  Vickie answered.  She was starting to have some ideas on why Jinki called her, considering they were watching a children's show with lots of children on it.

 

"I was just thinking..."

 

"About what?"

 

Jinki hesitated before he let it go.  "H- How many kids... did you... w- want?"

 

That was what Vickie expected Jinki to ask after the hesitance.  "I guess... I don't know...?"

 

They both sighed at the same time.  The realization of having children has finally hit the both of them, three weeks before the day of their marriage.  It was painful to think about it, but it made them think.  They were happy even if there were only two of them, but the joy of an addition to the family is no comparison to the happiness they were having at the moment.  How much fun would it be to have a child, running around the house, screaming his or her parents' names accompanied by laughter?  They wanted that, even when they would have to sacrifice much of their time and energy raising the child.

 

The two of them were in the guest room, laying down on the finely made bed, stairing at the ceiling.  It was some time in the afternoon, and darkness was closing in bit by bit.  Vickie's phone rang, so she sat up from Jinki's chest and answered it.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hello, Vickie?  This is dad," Wu Zheng spoke.  There were noises coming from his line that seemed to be coming from constructing machines.

 

"Oh, hey, dad!  What's the matter?"  Vickie asked.  Jinki sat up as well after hearing Vickie exclaim 'dad'.

 

"Well— Yes, you can put it there—," Wu Zheng paused to answer one of the builders at the construction site then he returned back to Vickie, "I'm having a house built for you two."

 

Vickie winced at the sudden loud noise on the other line.  "T- Thank you, dad!  Lots!"

 

"Alright, I need to go," the noise finally died down when Wu Zheng spoke, "We still have more things to do.  Expect the house to be finished some time this week, though."

 

"Alright, dad."  Vickie bit her bottom lip to keep herself from screaming.  "Be careful."

 

"You, too.  I love you, Vic," Wu Zheng bid his farewell.

 

"I love you, too, dad.  Bye."  Vickie ended the call.  She placed her phone back on the drawer beside the bed and faced Jinki, her bottom lip still captured by her teeth.  She closed her eyes, and squealed, enveloping Jinki in a sudden hug.

 

"V- Vickie, is there something wrong?"  Jinki pushed her off of him, his hands gripping her shoulders.

 

"We're going to have a house this week, Jinki!  We're going to have a house!"  Vickie embraced him again.

 

"What?!  W- When— How?!"  Jinki's mind was boggled after hearing that.  They didn't even do anything, yet they were going to have a house?

 

"Dad's having it built currently, and he said we can expect it to be finished this week!"  Vickie grinned.  She slapped her cheeks and squealed a little.

 

"Did he tell you where the house is going to be?"  Jinki asked, holding Vickie's hands so she wouldn't slap her cheeks anymore.  It bugged him to see Vickie technically hurting herself.

 

"Oh, no, I forgot to ask."  Vickie was quiet for a short while before she regained her excitement.  "Who cares, we're going to have a house!"

 

Jinki had a sudden thought.  "Speaking of houses..."

 

"What?"  Vickie's curiosity was starting to arise.

 

"Should we start filling it up?"

 

Vickie had confusion written all over her face.  "What?"

 

"With kids?"  Jinki smirked, crawling on all fours close to where Vickie was sitting.

 

Vickie slowly shooed his face away with her hand, making him pout a little.  "Honeymoon night, okay?  Be patient."

 

"Three weeks?"  Jinki whined.

 

"Three weeks.  It'll go by fast, believe me." Vickie kissed him on the lips.  It was longer than the peck she gave him earlier during breakfast.  She pulled back just as Jinki was starting to heat their moment up.

 

"You make me sad sometimes," Jinki pouted again before putting the blanket over him and Vickie.  It was almost eight in the evening and for some odd reason, they both felt like they needed to sleep early.  Jinki had his back facing Vickie to show her his 'sadness'.

 

Vickie snuggled close to him, her arm going around Jinki's waist, "I don't care."

 

The 'sadness' was getting to Jinki, so he turned around and hugged Vickie tighter, "Yeah, I don't care either."

 

 

 


 

 

 

I AM DIE GUYS

I CANNOT DO THIS ANYMORE

I'M NOT A HUGE FAN OF FLUFF, CONSIDERING I HAVE SUCH SENSITIVE... HEART, BUT I DON'T EVEN KNOW I THINK I'M STARTING TO LIKE IT

ONLY BECAUSE OF WHAT'S GOING ON

I MEAN THEY'RE JUST SO CUTE FKDSJFLSDJFSLDKFJ

BUT VICKIE IS 'US', SO TECHNICALLY WE'RE CUTE

YEAH

AND SORRY I COULDN'T UPDATE YESTERDAY ;_; I WAS SO ENGULFED IN WATCHING AN ANIME (YAMATO NADESHIKO SHICHI HENGE, IF YOU GUYS ARE CURIOUS) AND I JUST... BUT YEAH

THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING