c h a p t e r twenty-five

You Are My Song

 

 

 

YOUMAKEMESOHAPPY

 

 

 

Vickie stayed in the hospital for one more week, and was let out of the hospital the next day after the disappearance of the cancer cells in her body.  She and Jinki proceeded on with their wedding, which was three weeks away.  However, wedding planning, or wedding organizing, never entered the minds of the both of them.  Marriage never had a special, reserved place in their lives until Jinki's proposal, and the lack of experience threw them off just flipping through magazines and catalogues of all things wedding.  They were stumped just choosing the color theme of their wedding.

 

"Do you want red?  Should we pick red?"  Vickie asked her fiancée as she took a bite of a wafer, "Which color looks good with red?"

 

"But I thought you wanted purple."  Jinki continued flipping through a magazine.  "Wait, did you want purple?"

 

"Anything's fine."  Vickie shrugged.  "Anything's good, really.  Did you want red?"

 

"Red seems like... war, though."  Jinki laughed.  "It's supposed to be friendly.  Aren't weddings supposed to be friendly?"

 

"Wow, you guys are so inexperienced."  Jooyoung sighed.  She was nice enough to help Jinki and Vickie with their planning, starting with letting them bring over their materials to her flat.  "Are you guys really going to be married?  I don't think you deserve to be."

 

"You're mean."  Jinki retorted.  He was holding up the magazines to compare and contrast the good themes.

 

"Okay, I let you use my apartment for a wedding planning, I don't know, center, and this is how you say thank you?"

 

"We already said thank you when you opened the door to let us in."  Jinki briefly brought the magazines down and looked at Jooyoung like she was a dumb person.

 

"Babe, behave."  Vickie butted in.  She couldn't help but smile when she called Jinki 'babe'.

 

"Aw, you're teaming up with her against me now?"  Jinki pouted.

 

Vickie tiptoed and kissed his cheek.  "Nope."

 

"Guys, please.  Save it for the wedding day."  Jooyoung stood up out of the couch to get a glass of orange juice.  "You guys haven't even come up with the color theme yet."

 

"Red and purple."  Both Jinki and Vickie said at the same time.

 

"Oh, guys, no, not red and purple.  That's too much color."  Jooyoung said.  "It should either be red and white, or purple and white.  Wait, not red and white, that's bad luck.  Blue and white."

 

Jinki and Vickie looked at each other as if they were conversing using telepathy.  "Blue and white.  Blue and white's good."

 

"Okay, we're set with the color."  Jinki set the magazines on the glass coffee table.  "Honey, should I call the real wedding organizer now?  We're really inexperienced with this."

 

"What did I say?"  Jooyoung muttered, struggling to put the orange juice jug in the fridge.

 

"Sure, go ahead."  Vickie continued looking through a magazine which specialized in the catering of a wedding, "You said she's your cousin's girlfriend?"

 

"Fiancée."  Jinki dialed the wedding organizer's number.  "They recently got engaged a day or two ago."

 

"Wow!  Really?"  Vickie stuffed with another wafer, "Her wedding planning's going to be definitely a whole lot easier for her."

 

After several minutes of talking on the phone with Jinki, Vickie, and the wedding organizer, she finally arrived some minutes later.  The girl was very bubbly and happy, and it was obvious she loved her job.  Generally, she loved helping people and wanted everything to be perfect for them, whatever they needed to be perfected.

 

"So, since you guys have already picked out the materials for the wedding, and also the location, right?"  She asked both Jinki and Vickie, who were admiringly looking up to her talk and actively help them plan out their wedding.  They both nodded while Jooyoung chilled in the kitchen eating food.  "Alright, you've already picked out the location, good!  Now we only need to plan for your outfits, and the outfits of your friends and families."

 

"But what if we're not sure how many people are exactly coming?"  Vickie asked.  She certainly wasn't sure about anyone coming from her side apart from her dad.

 

"Oh, that's alright."  Jinki's cousin's fiancée nodded her head.  "All we're going to do now is plan for the clothing, so we're not going to order them yet, really.  After ordering, they come two to three days later so we don't need to worry about them a lot."

 

"Oh, alright, alright."  Vickie slowly nodded her head.

 

"Now, what most future brides I have helped before do is they look through bridal gowns without their grooms knowing the style of the gown."

 

"Why?"  Jinki interrupted.

 

Vickie hit his thigh lightly, whispering, "Honey, let her talk."

 

"They like to keep it as a secret, you know."  She laughed, not minding Jinki's interruption at all.  "They like to surprise their groom on the wedding day to sort of, evoke awe from the people inside the church or their specific wedding location."

 

Jinki nodded his head.  "Oh, I understand now.  It's because I think it's a bit, I don't know, useless since they're going to see each other anyway."

 

"Most grooms think like that, don't worry."  The wedding organizer laughed again.  "And in the end, they actually end up being surprised of their bride's gown, and later on they would actually thank us or me because of the 'good job' we did."

 

"Wow."  Vickie commented.  "Should we start looking, then?"

 

"Wait, you're actually not letting me see your gown?"  Jinki's eyes went a little big.

 

"It's going to be fun, babe, come on.  Please?"  Vickie used her nonexistent charms to plead Jinki.  The latter just slowly nodded his head, obviously taken over by the invisible charming ways of her fiancée.  As a reward, Vickie kissed him again on his cheek before she stood up.  And right then and there he didn't regret agreeing to not see her gown-choosing anymore.

 

"Alright, well, I have some more magazines over here you can look through to decide on your outfit.  There's a lot of varieties, but since you guys picked blue and white, I recommend getting something just white with a touch of blue on the pocket or something."  The wedding planner said.

 

"Oh, before anything else, what's your name?"  Vickie asked, laughing a little nervously.

 

"Oh, right!  Sorry," the wedding planner laughed as well, "My name's Regina, born and raised in California.  My Korean name is Hye Ju, though, if you choose to call me by that."

 

"I'll call you Regina, it sounds nice."  Vickie smiled.  "Shall we go to the patio?"

 

"Sure, let's go."  Regina replied while Vickie led the way to the room behind the kitchen.

 

"Wait, wait!  The patio's not clean," Jooyoung ran after Vickie and Regina to the patio.

 

"Yeah.  And I'll be here... waiting."  Jinki looked around, then reluctantly picked up a magazine specializing on male wedding outfits while missing the sound of the bickering girls in the room.

 

When they had arrived at the patio, Regina set the magazines on a metal garden table.  The patio was actually the balcony of Jooyoung's flat that looked over the road below.  The girls sat down in the chairs around the garden table.  They decided they would look through one magazine at once so they would be able to evaluate the gowns thoroughly rather than hurrying over three magazines at once.

 

Regina picked up a random catalogue and opened it to the first page, where they were welcomed with an entire page dedicated to one wedding gown.  That was good, she said, since they would have close-up views of the gowns instead of having to squint to be able to judge perfectly.

 

"Wow, that one's really pretty," Jooyoung pointed at a picture on the magazine.  It was a white gown that was supposed to be worn with long gloves and flowery headband.

 

"But it looks like I'm a Disney princess.  I'm not going for that," Vickie commented.  Regina giggled and flipped the page.

 

"Okay, that's a bit too simple."  Jooyoung said.  "But I like the hairstyle, though."

 

"Oh, that's another thing!  You could also choose hairstyles with these magazines.  Even if you don't like the gown, you can make the model's hairstyle yours on the day of your wedding."  Regina explained while Vickie processed that in her head.

 

"Well, I also like the hairstyle, so I can choose that as my hairstyle?"  Vickie asked, clearing up her confused mind.

 

"Sure!  But, are you good with this?"  Regina asked.  She noticed Vickie tensing up.  She chuckled to lighten up the atmosphere, "I'm not trying to pressure you or anything, no.  It's because there are other really good hairstyles, and we have some more magazines left."

 

"No, it's alright."  Vickie laughed.  "Yes, I'm sure with this style."

 

"Okay, then, let me just..."  Regina looked for a pen in her purse and drew an arrow next to the model's head.  She also folded the edge of the page.  "Okay.  Can we go on?"

 

Vickie nodded along with Jooyoung.  They were expecting something as simple as the previous gown, but they were taken aback by the gown they saw.  It was white, just as they had thought of all wedding gowns, with embroidery on the front and the outlines of the layers of the gown.  The veil looked as if it matched the length of the gown itself, and the model was wearing a tiny silver crown on her head.

 

Vickie was amazed.  "That is..."

 

"...Beautiful."  Jooyoung finished her sentence.  Regina was smiling at the sight of the other two girls almost drooling over the gown.

 

"Can this be... my gown?"  Vickie asked.

 

"Of course!  That's the reason why we're looking through all this, right?"  Regina said.

 

"Oh... Okay."  Vickie said in a sort of a high-pitched voice.  She looked at the gown again and wondered how she would look wearing it.  She smiled.

 

Regina laughed again.  "Well, let me write down the name of the gown so we'll have it ready when we order it along with your groom's outfit."

 

"Are you guys done?"  Jinki tried walking in to the patio holding a glass of orange juice.

 

Jooyoung stopped him.  "Yes, we're done, and go back to the living room."

 

Jinki ignored her and went around her blockage.  He noticed Vickie's quietness.  He put his arm around her and gave her his orange juice, "Babe, are you okay?"

 

"I'm good, I'm okay," Vickie replied with the same highly pitched tone she used several seconds ago.  She took a sip of the orange juice and walked back to the living room with Jinki.  Jooyoung was following behind them.

 

After a short while, Regina came walking to the living room trying to balance the magazines in her arms.  As common courtesy, Jinki helped her out and set the magazines on the table on top of the other magazines she had left for him to look over.  The magazine that contained his chosen outfit was separated from the towering pile.

 

"And what's your choice for your outfit?"  Regina asked Jinki while holding her planner in her hand and a pen in the other.

 

"Oh, yes, well," Jinki picked up the magazine and flipped to the folded page, "I found this.  It has blue with the white and all."

 

It was indeed white all over, with only the necktie and the vest colored blue.  There was also a blue handkerchief tucked in the pocket of the tuxedo.  Regina wrote down the name of the tuxedo and closed her planner, tucking it in her bag.

 

"Alright.  Well, if you guys need any help with anything, just give me a call."  Regina said, swinging her bag over her shoulder.  "Although I really can't promise I'll be arriving on time since I'm also preparing for my own wedding."

 

"Oh, no, don't stress.  That's alright with us."  Vickie reassured her, standing up beside Jinki.

 

Jooyoung came out of her room dressed up.  "I'm going to the grocery store.  This place lacks food."

 

"That's because you ate all of them."  Jinki muttered under his breath.  He earned an elbow on the rib from Vickie.

 

"I'll help you out with that."  Jooyoung helped Regina with half of the magazines in her arms.  Regina thanked her while she opened the door.

 

"Say hi to my cousin for me," Jinki stood by the door.

 

"I will!"  Regina shouted, already only a few feet away from her car.

 

"Take care of the apartment for me," Jooyoung reminded the two.

 

Before Jinki said anything else, Vickie stepped in.  "We will, don't worry."

 

Jooyoung closed the door, shouting at the same time, "And don't do anything!"

 

"Yeah, right."  Jinki placed his hand over the door in front of Vickie.  He bit his bottom lip and wiggled his eyebrows, "So?"

 

"We're cleaning this place up."  Vickie grinned and left Jinki by the door, his mouth forming a circle.

 

While Vickie piled up scraps of paper on the coffee table, Jinki jumped right behind her and picked her up, leading them to the couch where Vickie ended up sitting on Jinki's lap, legs folded over his thighs.  Jinki kept his arms around her, making her try to squirm out of his grip.  He neared her face and kissed her on the lips, his eyes closed.  Vickie responded in the same token.  Before the kiss even deepened, Vickie purposely got out of his lap and stood up.

 

"Alright!  Let's get this place cleaned up."  She said, resuming back to picking up trash and piling them up on the table.

 

Jinki groaned, picking up a pillow from the couch and hugging it tightly, "Don't I get anything afterwards?"

 

"Nope."  Vickie walked back in front of him and bent over, meeting his eyes.  She slightly pinched his nose, scrunching her own.  "Wait for the honeymoon."

 

Jinki blushed.  "Okay."

 

The two of them cleaned the apartment and finished really quickly.  After the clean-up, they watched random shows on the television while they waited for Jooyoung to arrive home.  Vickie fell asleep cuddled against Jinki, a thick blanket over the both of them.  Jinki breathed in the scent of her hair, and fell asleep with the television on.  Not long later, Jooyoung came home and saw a very clean apartment before her.  When she saw the two all cuddled up warmly, she smiled and turned off the television for them, not disturbing them from their sleep.

 

 

 


 

 

 

OH MY GAWD

I UH

EHAEH

IDK

HERE'S AN UPDATE

EXCUSE ME I DIED A LITTLE

(x: first gown, x: second gown, x: third/wedding gown, x: Jinki's tux)

THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING