c h a p t e r twenty-seven

You Are My Song

 

 

 

I'MCRAZYFORYOU

 

 

 

Four days later, Vickie received another call from her dad.  It was some time in the morning going to noon.  Vickie and Jinki were back in Jinki's apartment where they stayed from the day Vickie got out of the hospital.  Wu Zheng notified Vickie that the house he was having built four days ago was finally finished.  The only things that had to be done were packing and moving.

 

 

“Where's the house going to be at?”  Vickie asked while cooking her and Jinki's brunch.

 

 

“It's near your college campus.”  Wu Zheng replied.

 

 

Vickie smiled.  Her dad picked such a memorable location.  “Alright, then.  I'll tell Jinki when he wakes up.”

 

 

“He's still not awake?”  Wu Zheng said in disbelief.  “Dear, I already feel bad for you having such a hard-sleeping future husband.”

 

 

Vickie laughed at his dad's comment.  “I'll be fine, dad, don't worry about me.”

 

 

“So when are you two moving to the house?”  Wu Zheng asked as he walked into the kitchen to get a glass of juice.

 

 

A little moment was all it took for Vickie to respond.  “As soon as possible.  Maybe this week?”

 

 

“Oh, alright.”  Wu Zheng remembered something after a short pause between him and Vickie.  “Vickie, do you want to visit your brother with me tomorrow?  You can bring Jinki if you want.”

 

 

The aura surrounding Vickie's body suddenly shifted.  She became solemn.  “No problem with me, dad.  And I'll surely bring Jinki with me.”

 

 

“Then it's settled.”  Wu Zheng brought down the glass of juice he drank from.  “See you later, darling.”

 

 

“See you, dad.”  Vickie pressed on the red button on her phone, ending the call.  She stuffed her phone into her pocket as she transferred the fried eggs into a plate.

 

 

A groggy-looking, half-asleep, messy-haired guy came staggering into the kitchen.  “Good morning, hon.”

 

 

“Good morning.  Had a good sleep?”  Vickie smiled, setting the plate of fried eggs on the almost-prepared table.  All Vickie needed to put were glasses and drinks.

 

 

“I did.”  Jinki kissed her cheek and rubbed his eyes, sitting down on a chair in front of the dining table.  “Who were you talking to, by the way?”

 

 

"It was dad.  He said the house is already finished, and I told him we'll be moving this week.  Does that sound good?"  Vickie finished her rap and placed a glass in front of Jinki as well as hers.  She sat down on another chair across from him.

 

 

"Sounds good to me."  He lifted one of the fried eggs to his bowl of rice and began eating.  "Where is it going to be, though?"

 

 

Vickie smiled again when she remembered where it the house was built.  "Near our college."

 

 

Jinki stopped the spoon halfway from his mouth.  He looked up at Vickie, mouth still opened, "Seriously?"

 

 

"Seriously."  Vickie nodded her head, the smile not leaving her face.  "That's all he said, though, so I'm not really sure exactly where the house is.  I guess he's taking us there himself when we move."

 

 

A short silence followed before Vickie remembered something else.

 

 

"And is it okay if we visit my brother tomorrow?  Dad asked, and I already said yes."  Vickie said.

 

 

"Of course, it's okay."  Jinki said.  "I have to thank him for a lot of things."

 

 

After brunch, the two of them lounged around the apartment.  They played videogames and, surprisingly, Vickie won each time.  Jinki got frustrated, so he decided to just have a movie marathon for the day.  They watched romantic-comedy movies and horror movies, and both of them survived watching the horrifying films.  However, they were shivering pretty badly after turning off the DVD player and changing it back to T.V. mode.

 

 

"Let's not watch horror movies again."  Vickie pulled up the fluffy blanket up to her neck.

 

 

Jinki nodded slowly, changing the channel to a music show.  His eyes were still wide from the previous movie.  "I agree very, very much."

 

 

The television show airing was Inkigayo, a music show where Korean pop artists showcase their new singles and such.  One of the bands performing was called SHINee, and the five guys were singing their apparently new song "Ring Ding Dong".

 

 

Jinki snorted.  "Their song title is weird."

 

 

Vickie had her eyes glued to the screen, then she moved about in the couch.  "Babe, one of their members looks exactly like you."

 

 

"Which one?"  Jinki suddenly became interested in the band he just commented quite badly about.

 

 

"That one in the middle, with the hair that's all over the place,"  Vickie pointed at the screen with her slender index finger, aiming most specifically towards that one in the middle with, indeed, hair that's all over the place.

 

 

"Oh.  Oh!"  Jinki saw the guy as the guy moved forward and took his part of the song.  "No, I look better than him."

 

 

Vickie laughed, throwing her head back.  She also threw a pillow at Jinki, which he successfully dodged, while laughing.

 

 

"Then why is he the one famous?"  Vickie asked playfully.

 

 

"Luck," the proud latter replied.

 

 

Vickie laughed again, louder than her previous one.  She pinched his cheeks, "You're so cute."

 

 

"That's why you're marrying me," Jinki grinned and pinched her nose in return.

 

 

"You asked me, I didn't."  Vickie folded her arms on her chest, scrunching her nose up.

 

 

"Yeah, but you said yes."  Jinki said, snuggling closer to her.  He wrapped his arms around her tightly and lifted the blanket up to cover both him and Vickie.

 

 

Vickie giggled.  "By the way, when are you going back to work?"

 

 

"Whenever I feel like it."  Jinki said in a light voice, leaning his head on Vickie's folded-up knees.

 

 

"Are you serious?"  Vickie his hair slowly and softly.  She knew that would calm his heartbeat down and make him fall asleep.

 

 

"Mhmm."  Jinki made himself comfortable on the couch, moving around a bit.  "And that's not anytime soon."

 

 

Vickie carefully unfolded her knees and led Jinki's head on her thighs instead, a pillow underneath his head.  She kept on his hair and until the only sound in the living room was their stable and synchronized breathing.

 

 

"It's still the afternoon," Vickie whispered in his ear, a goofy smile on her face.

 

 

"I don't care," Jinki whispered back, smiling as well.

 

 

Vickie tugged on his hair quite hard.  He opened his eyes, and Vickie chuckled, apologizing, and promised she won't do it anymore.  Jinki closed his eyes back, feeling Vickie's fingers intertwine with his hair strands.  Only a couple of years ago his cheeks were tinted red when Vickie touched his hair for the very first time, but now, it felt natural.  He loved the feeling of knowing she was there, and she was the only one that could ever make him fall asleep that easily, could make him feel the way he did.  He loved it a lot, but he loved her more.

 

 

"I love you," he whispered as low as possible.

 

 

Vickie didn't hear what he said, so she leaned her face near his, "What?"

 

 

As a response, Jinki kissed her cheek with a wide smile on his face.  

 

 

And just like that, the sun brought itself down and the moon came out, touching Vickie's face with its white rays as Vickie watched Jinki sleep.  She could stay like that for the entire night, she thought, and she wouldn't mind a single bit.  It's all because she loved that feeling of staying there beside him.  She loved it a lot, but she loved him more.

 

 

 


 

 

 

UHM

I'M SHIVERING BECAUSE... I DON'T EXACTLY KNOW WHY, BUT I'M JUST SHIVERING.

IS IT WEIRD THAT I'M VERY JEALOUS OF VICKIE RIGHT NOW?  SHE'S FICTIONAL AND ALL, I KNOW, BUT STILL.  SHE'S ABLE TO SIT THERE AND STAY WITH JINKI AND ONLY HAVE THE POWER TO CALM OR FASTEN HIS HEARTBEAT.  

THE LOVE IS STARTING TO BECOME SO REAL EVEN WHEN THE ENTIRE CONCEPT ISN'T.

WOULDN'T ANYBODY LOVE THAT, THOUGH?  TO KNOW THAT SOMEBODY LOVED THEM SO MUCH, AND THEY LOVED THAT SOMEBODY SO MUCH, TOO, AND THEY COULD BE GOOFY OR SERIOUS AROUND EACH OTHER WITHOUT WORRIES?  TO SEE THE FACE OF THAT SOMEBODY FIRST THING IN THE MORNING WHEN THEY WAKE UP?  EAT WITH THEM, TALK WITH THEM, LAUGH OR CRY WITH THEM...  LOVE THEM?

I SOUND ENVIOUS, AND I AM.

ALSO, THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO (I SORTA FORGOT WRITING THIS RIGHT BEFORE UPDATING) ONEWSTYLE-UNNIE.  SHE PASSED AWAY UNFORTUNATELY, AND SHE'S A REALLY BIG ONEW FAN.  ALSO DEDICATED TO DUBUHWAITING-UNNIE, BECAUSE SHE'S -ALMOST- FULLY RECOVERED!

WELL, THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING!  HAVE A GREAT DAY!