c h a p t e r eighteen

You Are My Song

 

 

 

HEARMYHEARTBURSTAGAIN

 

 

 

"Dad."

 

"It's alright."

 

"Vickie."

 

Vice President Kim tapped Jinki's shoulder again.  "Mister Lee, there are no more people."

 

Jinki turned around and blinked at the vice president.  "Ah, y- yes.  Let's go, sir."

 

The drive to go over to Wu Zheng and Vickie was strong, but Jinki ignored that.  Even so, as he led the vice president out of the airport, he didn't take his eyes off of the people he was sure he had disappointed so much.  Soon, he and Vice President Kim were out of the airport building.  Jinki drove the company car with a tight grip on the steering wheel.

 

"Vickie, dear, I am so sorry."  Wu Zheng cuddled his daughter, who was sobbing hardly in the hospital van.

 

As soon as Vickie entered the hospital van, she took off the mask on her face and cried freely.  In the van was her, her dad, and the driver.  The nurses were in another hospital van behind them.  They were on their way to the Samsung Medical Center in Gangnam.  It was still about a forty-five-minute ride, and Vickie took that opportunity to sob her feelings out.

 

"I- I should have disagreed with Gimpo.  I- I'm sorry, Vickie, please stop crying."  Wu Zheng tried to calm her daughter down.  It was paining him again to see her daughter crying.

 

In Vickie's head, she didn't know the reason behind her tears.  Why was she crying?  It wasn't Jinki's fault.  Or maybe it was, but it wasn't his fault alone.  It was also Vickie.  She didn't stay strong.  She didn't keep holding on, and so when everything was going right, she had to ruin it by moving on without reason.  That left Jinki with no choice but to move on as well.

 

But as Vickie kept on thinking about it, maybe it was because there was somebody else.

 

Vickie knew in herself that she saw nobody else other than Jinki.  But Jinki was nine-hundred and twenty-three miles away from where she was, and somebody else could have entered the picture.  That somebody else might have been prettier, smarter, someone who was not addicted to music just like her.  That somebody else might have made Jinki happier than she ever did, especially when they were a sea apart from each other.  It was possible, and maybe that was the reason why she was crying right now.

 

"Vickie?  Vickie, look at me.  Look at me, dear,"  Wu Zheng lifted his daughter's soaked face up,  "it's okay, alright?  That's the only time you'll see him.  Remember that, okay?"

 

"D- Dad, please don't be m- mad at him,"  Vickie begged.  Her hair was messed up as she buried his face in his dad's chest again, sobbing even more.

 

Wu Zheng rocked his daughter back and forth,  "I'm not mad at him, Vickie.  I can't be mad at him; he's like my son."

 

Vickie continued crying again, and eventually she fell asleep.  Her eyes were swollen from the thirty-minute tear-session she had.  When she was deep in slumber, it was her father's turn to shed some tears of his own.

 

"You did a good job, Jinki."  The president of Seoul Aviation remarked.

 

"Thank you, sir."  Jinki said vaguely.  He didn't feel anything at the moment.  Words went through his ear and went out the other.

 

"You may go back to your office."

 

"Yes, sir.  Thank you again."  Jinki bowed then left.

 

The small journey back to his office was dreadful.  Jinki had the urge to drop down on the floor and just lay there.  Be part of the carpet and stepped on by people.  He wouldn't care.  He felt...  He didn't know what he felt.  He just wanted to rest or preoccupy himself of activities, may they be interesting or boring.  He bumped into the mailman who was carrying packages.  The boxes fell to the floor, but Jinki didn't help pick the packages up unlike what he usually does.

 

"He didn't help me,"  The mailman muttered.  A bystander helped the mailman instead as Jinki walked away.

 

Jinki entered his office and sat down in his chair, staring at the computer screen.  He ran his hands over the folders and files on his desk.  His hand drifted towards a white paper on his desk next to his keyboard.  It was much firm than the sheets of paper flooding his desk.  He picked the firm white paper up and turned it face up, and beaming at him was a twenty-year-old Vickie Song.

 

"I'm sorry, Vickie."  His voice threatened to weaken.  "Please forgive me."

 

And soon, it was his turn to cry.  Those tears he had kept in him for years were finally let out.  Each second they fell, Jinki felt better, but at the same time he was torn.  Minutes passed and he just continued crying, his tears damping his clothes and the papers on his desk.  The picture rested on his keyboard until it slowly fell on the floor face up.

 

Jinki ceased and wiped his face with his hands.  He brought with him his briefcase and exited his office.

 

"Miss Kim?"  Jinki addressed the elder woman sitting behind their department's receptionist's desk.  "If anyone asks for me, tell them I'm out for the rest of the day.  I'm going somewhere."

 

The elder woman nodded her head.  Jinki left, on his way to whichever hospital he thinks Vickie was going to stay in.

 

 

 


 

 

NOTICE (11-23-2012):  I changed the hospital from Wooridul Hospital to Samsung Medical Center since I recently found out Wooridul is a spine hospital, and not really a place for cancer treatment.

YAY!  OMGGG I'M SO EXCITED ASDFGHJKL;

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER ;_;

SO IF ANY OF YOU GUYS ARE WONDERING HOW JINKI KNEW VICKIE IS GONNA BE IN A HOSPITAL, REMEMBER IN THE LAST CHAPTER HE WAS SURPRISED TO SEE A MASK ON HER FACE AND NURSES AROUND THEM?  THAT'S GOTTA GIVE HIM SOME IDEA THAT VICKIE'S GONNA BE IN A HOSPITAL.

AND YEAH LOL

OH!  AND WATCH THIS VIDEO BECAUSE IT'S HILARIOUS.  WELL, FOR ME IT IS LOL.  REX NAVARRETE IS THE BEST FILIPINO STAND-UP COMEDIAN EVER, I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING!