E-V-I-C-T-E-D!

Seducing Mr. Pauper
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Ego - Big Bang (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-oj33ZnAlQ)     *Mandu = dumplings   ------------------------ Narrator’s P.O.V:     “Thank you for your purchase! Have a good rest of the evening!” Daehyun bowed ninety degrees as the elder grandmother smiled and left the shop. The faint ringing of the door’s bell signalled when he could straighten up again.   *Phew. Finally, the last customer of the day.* He wiped his hands on his beige apron and looked at the time. It was around seven, and his shift was as good as done.   A loud gurgle emitted from his stomach as he took off his apron and loosened a button off his white dress shirt. *I should get going…*   “Omo, Daehyun, are you leaving already?” A motherly voice chuckled.   Daehyun turned around to face Madame Sung, the owner of Lilia Florists. She was middle-aged, but traces of her youthful beauty still remained. Small smile wrinkles graced the tips of her eyes, making her look even more kind. She had a mother-like aura around her.   He automatically smiled at his boss and hung up his apron on the clothes-hangers in the corner, “Yes, ahjumma. Is that all right? I was going to go grab a bite to e—“ He was rudely cut off again by the groaning of his stomach.   Madame Sung looked surprised for a second and then chortled, “You’re hungry, aren’t you, Daehyun-ah? I bought some mandu* from the store before I came here. Take it.” She dug around into her purse and handed him the saran-wrapped food. She closed his fingers around the Styrofoam plate.   “Oh no, ahjumma, I can’t. This was originally for you.” Daehyun tried to hand it back but the elder gave him a mildly reprimanding look.   “Sst. Don’t question this old hag and just do as I say. I’ve already eaten a bit before so I’m not hungry now.” Madame Sung insisted. “Don’t buy any junk food or cook ramyun today. Instead, have a warm dinner at home, araso?” She gently smiled.   Daehyun glanced at her and then at the dumplings. His expression softened as he slowly nodded, “Thank you… ahjumma.”   “I got it already. Now go run along. You probably have some homework and other things you’ve got to do, right? Hurry.” She insisted and shooed him out of the shop jokingly.   Daehyun respectfully bowed, “Please don’t stay back too late and return home safely, as well.”   “Mm.” She said in an almost agreeing tone and waved with another smile, “Pedal carefully.”   He waved once and got onto his bike, smiling back at her before pedaling away from the florists’ shop.   ----------------------   About half an hour later, Daehyun reached his apartment complex and got off of his bike, walking it to the entrance. He quickly chained it up to the bike chains near the door and walked inside.   After riding the elevator up to the fourth floor, Daehyun looked for his apartment number. He threw his keys up into the air and caught it several times until he saw a familiar male fumbling with his keys.   Daehyun looked surprised and called, “Yixing-sshi?”   The zoned-out boy turned around with his blinding good looks. A fast flicker of realization made Lay straighten up, “Daehyun-sshi.”   “Ah,” Daehyun smiled sheepishly as he approached him, “I told you before. You can just call me Daehyun.”   “And you may call me Yixing, or Lay. Whichever one you prefer.” Lay gave him a small, teasing smile. His dimples were clearly defined.   “What are you doing, just standing there?”   Lay blinked once and blankly stared at the keys in his hand, “…I couldn’t figure out which one was the key to my house.”   Daehyun supressed his smile, “Umm, the one that has the number of your apartment, maybe?” He didn’t mean to sound rude.  
Please log in to read the full chapter