Rose: final

DaeHyo one-shots. [Daehyun and Hyosung]

 

  *not really edited, by the way. Uhh, just saying, you know.; but i will come back and edit it. Pls do enjoy this super ultra mega gay one shot.
 
 
   Hyosung sighed in annoyance as she looked at her phone. She had 20 unread text messages, 34 missed calls, and 17 new voicemails--and all from the same person. The one person she’s been ignoring for the past weeks. The one person she tries to forget about. The one person who makes her heart waver, still, even after all he’s done.After hurting her. After cheating on her with her own ‘friend’. After causing her so many tears and so much pain.
 
“Hey Hyo!” she felt two arms clasp onto her shoulders, making her jump, which caused her phone to slip out her hands and fall onto the ground with a loud crash.
 
She stared in astonishment as the person bent down, picking up her phone right away, mustering a couple sorry’s here and there.
 
“Goodness, I’m so sorry Hyo. I didn’t want to scare you, sorry.” 
 
She was still frozen in her spot, but soon snapped out of it, staring at the person before her. She immediately pouted, glaring at the person with a fierce stare; “What the heck, oppa?” she whisper-yelled, snatching her phone out of the elder boy’s hands. 
 
Once the device was in her hands, she immediately examined it--thoroughly as to check and see if it had been harmed or fractured in any way. 
 
“Yah, it’s okay, it didn’t break.”
 
Hyosung scoffed, lifting her gaze from her phone and letting it fall on the guy before her once again. She raised a brow, taking a step closer to him only to have him take a step back, causing him to bump into someone else. She watched in shock as the person (apparently a girl, according from her high-pitched scream) fall to the ground. 
 
“Omo! Are you okay?” Hyosung asked, running over to the girl, “Jesus, Yongguk, how careless can you be? First you scare me, making me drop my phone and now you bump into a girl, causing her to fall.” She leaned over, lending her hand out to the girl only to stop half-way when she noticed who the girl exactly was.
 
Yongguk, unaware of the two girl’s sudden encounter, counter-attacked Hyosung’s previous scolding; “Well, , sorry Ms. I-can-yell-at-everyone’s-accidental-mistakes-because-I-never-make-any-cause-i-think-I’m-perfect. But even so, it’s your fault because you’re the one who stepped towards me. Heck, what was I supposed to do? Let myself get beat up?”
 
He was going to continue speaking, but he finally took notice of the awkward atmosphere that surrounded him. He looked over at Hyosung, seeing her hand half-way extended, eyes piercing cold, and her face expressionless. His gaze then fell on the girl. She looked rather familiar, yet he couldn’t quite put his finger on who she was--there was just something about her that seemed so... familiar. Like he’s seen her before.
 
“H-Hyosung?” the girl called out.
 
Yongguk watched as Hyosung retracted her hand, finally coming back to her senses. But her face was still expressionless. Honestly, he wasn’t surprised to see her like this. Maybe if he’d seen her look at someone like that before, back when she was still dating that Daehyun guy, he would’ve been shocked, for she was always so bright and optimistic. But now, after her breakup, she was almost always like that--always so... cold. 
 
It’s like she tries hard on hiding her feelings, and she’s doing a pretty good job at it if you ask him.
 
“Jieun-ssi,” Hyosung replied, her voice was thick and cold. It almost seemed like she forced that name to come out . 
 
The other girl stood up on herself, now eye-to-eye level with Hyosung. “Mm, I’m fine, don’t worry. But I-”
 
“I never asked if you were fine or not.”
 
Yongguk watched as the girls’ eyes widened. She looked rather stunned, but who wouldn’t be if someone replied to them like that? Heck, he knows he would.
 
“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go. I don’t like wasting my time on useless things.” 
 
And when those words escaped Hyosung’s lips, she was ready to leave but a hand stopped her. She sighed, turning around to find Jieun clinging onto her.
 
“Hyo, are... are you okay?” Jieun asked. Her voice sounded sincere, like she really cared. 
 
But Hyosung isn’t so naive anymore. She knows the girl isn’t asking her out of care, instead it’s out of something way opposite of that. She was asking cause she felt bad. She felt guilty. She felt sorry. And that made Hyosung angry... not with Jieun, but with herself.
 
“Honestly, Jieun, no I’m not. But it’s none of your business to know how I’m doing. You should’ve thought of my feelings before you cheated behind my back. You should’ve considered whether I’d be okay, you know?” Hyosung’s voice broke a little, but she maintained her act. “But I’m acting like I’m okay, so please don’t interrupt my performance. You’ve already done enough...”
 
Yongguk was at loss for words. He didn’t know that Jieun, this innocent looking girl standing before him, was the “friend” who stabbed Hyosung’s back. He tsked, watching the girl let go of Hyosung’s arm, letting the older girl go ahead of her, disappearing into the sort-of-full hallway.
 
“You know, I never really expected you to be a two-faced . You looked so innocent.” he hissed, purposely bumping into Jieun’s shoulder; “Eh, I guess looks sure can deceive.”
 
With that said, he left.
 
 
     “Nothing,” Hyosung spoke through the phone as she walked down the sidewalk, making her way to her house. 
 
She heard Himchan shuffle from the line, followed by a sigh; “Hyo, I know something happened. Come on, tell me. You do know that I’ll keep on insisting until you spill it out, right?”
 
“Yah! When I say nothing happened, I mean nothing happened.” 
 
“Stop ly-”
 
“Channie, I have to go. Call you later,” she said before hanging up. She wasn’t really in the mood to listen to his scolding at the moment. She’s had enough for the day. All she wanted to do was go home and sleep and forget about her horrible day. She wanted to forget about the exam she had taken earlier, which she surely failed. She wanted to forget about her phone almost breaking. But most of all, she wanted to forget about her encounter with Jieun. 
 
Yet, with Hyosung’s wonderful luck (take note of the sarcasm used here), those things were nothing compared to what was ahead of her. She had no idea that, even if all she wanted was for the day to be over, God had something else up his sleeve.
And according to her, it was bad--really bad.
 
She was just a few houses away from her house when she took notice of a figure standing on the front steps of her house. She had no clue as to who it could be, but from his hair (which was brown) it looked kind of like Himchan. She sighed, I knew he’d come over. It was too good to be true. I should’ve know he’d come, since he didn’t call me back once I had hung up on him. Seriously, this guy.
 
She raked a hand through her short hair, running towards her house. “Yah! Kim Himchan, what are you doing here? You’re supposed to be at work! Why’d you co-” 
 
“It’s me, Daehyun.”
 
And just like that, Hyosung’s expressionless face was full of expression. Just with those simple words--with that simple, short sentence. How could it be? She’s been working so hard on her act. How could he come, say a sentence, and break her act? What does he think?
 
“I, uh, sorry that I’m not the person you expected.” he started off, scratching his neck. “It’s just that... I wanted to see you.”
 
Hyosung looked over at him, but he looked away. He looked paler, not to mention skinner--much, much skinner. She knew she shouldn’t be worried. It wasn’t any of her concern anymore, yet she couldn’t help but feel sad. He looked so down, probably even more depressed than her. But her now emotionless and cold heart was far more egoistic, so she pushed the concern away.
 
“Okay.”
 
Daehyun raised a brow, “Yeh?”
 
“Okay, you’ve seen me. You can leave now.” Hyosung pointed to her left where the street was located at. She then walked past him, but not before stopping to say something else; “Also, do me a favor and never show your face around me. I don’t want to see you anymore,” because every time I look at you, it hurts.
 
Daehyun sighed, running a hand through his hair in desperation. “Hyosung, wait!” He reached out to touch her, but she pulled back, trying to get away from his reach but failed, for Daehyun had already pulled her towards him, cradling her into his arms. “Please don’t be like this. I hate seeing you so sad. I know I’m at fault, but please don’t be like this. Go back to being yourself--the loud, playful, smiley Hyosung. This... this isn’t you.” he whispered into her ears, her hair. “I’m fine with you hating me--go ahead, hate me all you want, but please don’t change yourself. It makes me feel even worse, knowing that I’m the one who caused your coldness.”
 
“I don’t mind, really. Just go back to your old self.”
 
Hyosung was unaware of the tears streaming down her face until she pulled away from Daehyun and saw his tear-stained uniform blazer. She sniffed, cleaning her runny nose with her blazer sleeve. 
 
“Hyosung, please.”
 
She looked up, staring into his pleading eyes. She felt her knees weaken, but, still, she forced herself to stand. She wasn’t going to give in so easily. 
 
“Daehyun, stop this... now. I-I can’t. Why don’t you understand? Why don’t you understand that I can’t be the same anymore? I loved you, I really did. But what do I get in return?” she sarcastically asked, “I get cheated on. Why don’t you understand my feelings? My pain? Me? 
 
“Why don’t you understand how much your words hurt me? How much your actions hurt me? And how much they still hurt me?” Hyosung lifted up her arm, swiping it across her face, trying hard to wipe away the tears that wouldn’t stop from falling. “I-I--”
 
She stopped speaking when she felt him embrace her, “Hyosung, I’m sorry. I know I’m an idiot. I gave into selfish pleasure. I got seduced. But overall, I’m sorry for hurting you. I just-- I was really stupid. I thought that, maybe, you and Himchan had something going on. I saw the way he smiled at you. I saw the way he acted around you; I saw the way you acted around him. I was driven by my jealousy. I’m sorry.”
 
Daehyun pulled her closer to him, but Hyosung resisted the urge to correspond to the hug, so instead she pulled back (with much force, since Daehyun was holding onto her really well. If she hadn’t pulled back she was sure she’d die of lack of air. He was suffocating her).
 
“Himchan? You thought I liked Himchan?” she asked, watching the boy before her nod. He looked pretty sure, too. “But Daehyun, it’s you; it’s always been you. You’re the only one--whether we’re going out or not... it’ll always be you.”
 
And even in the midst of all the bad feelings--those sad, un-reproachable feelings, swirling around them, Daehyun managed to smile. He felt a huge relief, like a boulder had been lifted from his shoulders. 
 
“But,” Hyosung continued; “we still can’t be. We have to go out own ways, Daehyun. I used to think of you as someone who would never, ever hurt me.” 
 
“You broke the image I had of you. I can’t love go back to you--at least not right now. Maybe in the future we can be together, but right now I think we need to go our own ways. You need to figure out your mixed feelings. I hate sharing things with people. And having a part of you with Jieun while you’re with me, eh, that’s not my thing.”
 
She turned to face her front door, “So don’t come to me yet. Keep your distance. I can’t and I won’t be stirred by you. Right now... I’ll be focusing on going back to myself, but it’ll be hard if you’re with me. So I’ll work on being me, fixing myself up, but in exchange you have to fix those mixed feelings. Got it?”
 
“But--” Daehyun was ready to speak, but was cut off with the door slamming in his face. She was gone, 'once again’. She’d left him, again. He sighed, putting a hand over his chest while he looked over at the rosebush near Hyosung’s front gate.
 
And without thinking he reached out to pick a rose, not even minding that he had been prickled by its thorn. Instead, he set it on Hyosung’s front step, then, with a smile on his face, he walked away from her house.
 
He wasn’t happy, but he was okay. They were still there... her feelings for him. And by the pace his heart was beating, surely, his were still there, too. They just needed to be watered a little more--just a bit. He was sure those feelings would soon blossom once more, turning into a beautiful, red rose. 
 
And being as passionate as a red rose, too.
 
All he needed to do was wait.
 
Wait until it was the right season to bloom.
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wah, so the previous ending .
that's why i wanted to do this "other" ending. idk, tbh.
but uh, im sorry again for the lack of updates... buuuuuut
this is the last week of school, then summer will officially start and i'll be able
to concentrate more on my stories ^o^
 
sorry if it . I promise to make better one shots in the future. I've gotten some ideas in my head.
they're good, i promise~
 
until then, pls do continue commenting & reading my gay one shots.
i lub u all.