When I miss you.

DaeHyo one-shots. [Daehyun and Hyosung]




    Hyosung sighed as she looked out the window of her apartment, causing it to fog from her hot breath pounding on it. She clentched a fist as her other hand slowly reached up to write on the window.
  I miss you already. Come back, please?
She pouted as she examined her writing, seeing how sloppy she had written it. Her eyes began to watter as she recalled her memories of him, her dear Daehyunnie. She cuddled up into a ball, looking out at the snow falling. She stared at the cars pass by, imagining that maybe once she'll see Daehyun's car, just maybe. She reached up to wipe away her tears with her sweater's sleeve.
"He'll come back, don't worry. He'll come back, he has to..h-he promised." She mumbled to herself, breaking down into tears as she finished her sentence. After some time, she stood up, walking towards her ringing phone. "Yeobuseyo?" She answered, her voice sounding faint and weak.
"Hyosunggie~" Ji Eun's voice was heard on the other line. "Let's go to the movies today, just you and me. This one cool movie is coming out. Please?"
Hyosung bit her bottom lip, wanting to decline the offer but also not wanting to dissapoint her friend. "Molla. I-I'm not in the moo-"
"Oh come on. Please? I haven't seen you since- in like, 5 weeks." Ji Eun choked on her words, not wanting to say words that'll remind Hyosung of Daehyun. "Please? I've missed you! All you do is stay at home. So what do you say? Wait, wait. Just be ready by 7. I'll be over there-"
"But Ji Eun-ah-"
"No buts. You're going, period." Ji Eun cutt her off, hanging up before Hyosung could have anything else to say. Hyosung sighed as she placed her phone on the white couch, slowly making her way towards her room. She picked out a warm and comfortable outfit, then went to shower and get ready to go to the movies.



    After she changed, she left her room, looking at the room across from her. She weakly smiled as she brushed her finger tips on the door.
"Are you doing fine?" She asked, her eyes getting wattery, but the knock on the door snapped her out. She wiped her face, walking to the door. She opened the door to be greeted by a smiling Ji Eun.
"Hyosunggie~Long time no see!" She smiled as she engulfed Hyosung into a huge I-missed-you hug. "Wah~ Why are you so skinny? Aigoo. Hyosung.." Ji Eun frowned, her eyes full with concernment.
Hyosung shook her head, focing a smile on her face. "Ani. I'm fine, it's just that I haven't eaten out much since Daehyun left, that's why."
"Are you sure?" Ji Eun asked, raising a brow at Hyosung. "You have to stay healthy baby~"
"Eung. I'm fine, really." Hyosung smiled, linking arms with Ji Eun. "Well? Let's go to the movies. What are we waiting for?" She raced her out of her apartment, wanting to distract her from asking anymore questions.

                                                                                          ************

    "Wasn't that a funny movie?" Ji Eun chuckled as she hugged Hyosung from behind. "We should come and see the next continuation of that movie. It comes out in four weeks, yeah?"
Hyosung nodded her head, liking the warmth Ji Eun's body gave to her cold body. "Just call me."
"Yah, Hyosung." Ji Eun muttered into Hyosung's ear, her hot breath hitting Hyosung's neck. "We should go eat at my place, I'll cook."
"B-But-"
"Ah, ah, ah." Ji Eun muttered, her grip on Hyosung tightening. "You're getting too skinny, so you're coming home with me to eat. And possibly to stay longer."
"A-Ani. I don't want to be a burden for you and Yongguk. I'll be fine at home. I'm not a baby anymore Ji Eun-ah!" Hyosung pouted, opening the exit door to the theater. Ji Eun removed her hands from hugging Hyosung, now linking arms with her.
"But you're not healthy. Hyosung I just want you to eat well and stay well, nothing more." Ji Eun pursed her lips as they continued to walk to Ji Eun's car.

 

                                                                                                *************

    Once they arrived at Ji Eun's apartment, they warmed up by the heater. Ji Eun then decided to re-heat the food she had already cooked, so she went to the kitchen while Hyosung stayed in the living room, looking at pictures of Yongguk and Ji Eun on the walls. She smiled as she stood up, walking to a familiar group picture. She took her time looking at everyone, all her friends that she hadn't seen since almost a month, well everyone except Ji Eun.



She reached out to the person on the far left end. She looked at his glasses and sweater, smiling to herself. She was then interrupted by Ji Eun who was calling her from the kitchen.
"Neh?" Hyosung asked as she walked over to the kitchen, seeing the plates and everything already set at the table. "Ah, you didn't have to do it all Ji Eun. You should've called me over to help."
Ji Eun tsk-ed, giving Hyosung the are-you-kidding-me look. "You're the guest, therefore I treat you and have to make you feel at home."
"Well then if you want to make me feel at home, let me do some chores around here." Hyosung smiled, taking a seat as Ji Eun did too. "But," She smirked as she exaggerated the word but . "I don't like work a lot, so yeah. It's fine."
"Yah! You're lazy." Ji Eun chuckled as she lightly pushed Hyosung, coughing at the end of her sentence. "You know, you're not the only one who's alone at home."
"Hm?" Hyosung questioned as she poked her food with her chopsticks. She looked up to see Ji Eun, her face sincerely smiling at Hyosung. "Alone how? Isn't Yongguk worki-"
"Ani," Ji Eun shook her head. "He's back at his hometown, visiting his parents."
Hyosung furrowed her eyebrows, putting her chopsticks down. "Wae? Why didn't you go?"
"His parents don't like me. They want him to date a girl from a wealthy family, as if I'm that poor." Ji Eun pouted, scratching her head. "I have a good job. Isn't a hair-dresser good enough?"
"Tch. They must be blind or maybe their mind is just up by money." Hyosung rolled her eyes, placing a hand on Ji Eun. "You're a wonderful girl, and of course hair-dressing is a good job, it also pays well. So I don't see what's their problem."
"Yeah. But enough about me, how've you been?" Ji Eun asked as she chewed on her food, looking at Hyosung with questioning eyes. "No news about him?"
"Ani." Hyosung answered rather quickly. "I'm sad that there's no news of him, but I'm also glad. I really want to hear his voice, see him, and hug him but that's impossible ."
Ji Eun lifted her cup, taking a drink. "Why are you glad and sad that there's no news-"
"Because..if there's news of him, then they're probably bad news. And if there isn't any news of him, then he's probably well. That's how I think of it." Hyosung spoke, interrupting Ji Eun mid-sentence.
"Being in the army must . Poor Daehyun," Ji Eun muttered, slowly eating while Hyosung just poked at her food. "And how's work? Have you come up with any new fashion?"
"I'm on my break from work." Hyosung smiled, "It really takes a lot of pressure off my shoulders. But yeah, I have some new ideas in mind."
Ji Eun smiled, seeing Hyosung's contagious gummy smile after so long. "We'll see if they're a big hit, Fashionista. You're so lucky you work with Koreas' biggest fashion company."
"Am I really?" Hyosung asked, almost as if she was asking herself. Lucky? Naaw. I'm opposite of lucky.
Ji Eun nodded her head, "Yeah." And with that, they continued eating and chatting. Then they watched some dramas, gossiped, snacked, watched music shows and soon, fell alseep.

    
                                                                                    ***********

1 year later:


    "Do you have the sketches ready?" Hyosung asked her fellow employees. "If you do not, then please have them ready by Monday. Remember, I want fall and winter fashion. You are all now dissmissed, thank you." She smiled at them as they exited the meeting room. She sighed as she gathered her sketches, pictures of new ideas, ect. Hyosung then finished some stuff at her office, checking out some new fashion ideas and creating new styles. When she was done, she went home, finally ready to relax and go to bed.


    When Hyosung arrived at home, she prepared dinner and then went to the living room to sit and watch tv. She surfed the channels, trying to find anything interesting.
"Hmph." She sighed as she found nothing to her liking, so she just got her iPad and checked her e-mail. She checked just in case if there was any news on Koreas' army, but to her dismay there was none. She then decided to listen to music, the one thing that keeps her strong. She listened to 4Men's My Girl and slowly dozed off to sleep.

                                                                                   **************

    Hyosung stuck out her toungue as she closed the window, blocking out the cold from outside. She slightly shivered, hugging herself as she walked back to the living room to turn on the tv and sit on the couch. As she surfed random channels, she landed on the news, her eyes immediatley fixing on the screen.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo everyone. This is Lee Minah with the news, and today there's some news on Koreas national army." The reporter, Minah spoke as she folded her hands and placed them on the counter she was sitting at. "We were reported that some soldiers were bombed. No one knows from whom we were attacked by, but they're coming up with conclusions ." She paused, causing Hyosung to tap her foot on the carpet from frustration. "Unfortunately there were a few deaths, but thankfully more were only just injured. The men who passed away, may you all rest in peace and thanks for protecting our country. And that's all the news we have on this, now moving on to the next segment-"
"This can't be..D-Daehyun's fine though, right?" Hyosung asked herself as she turned off the television. She continued to tap her foot on the carpet, afraid of the outcomes of things. She ruffled her hair in attempt to calm herself, but that just frustrated her more. Calm down..everything'll be alright. I bet Daehyun's safe and sound, no need to worry. She thought to herself, turning the television back on but immediatley changing the channel. She changed it on MTV where Park Bom's Don't Cry was on, but soon there was a knock on the door. Hyosung got up from the couch with a sigh, walking towards the door. When she opened the door, her eyes stared at the officer with an army uniform before her, a nervous shiver running down her back.

"Y-Yes?" She asked, her voice suddenly becoming faint. She looked at the officer's sad gaze, knowing for a fact that bad news were soon to be delivered to her.
He gave her a weak smile, bowing as he showed her some respect. "Are you the fiance of Jung Daehyun?" He asked, recieving a small nod from Hyosung. "I'm sorry to say, but Daehyun-ssi was one of the few that died when we were attacked-"
As soon as those words were said, Hyosung's eyes brimmed with tears. Her heart stopped beating for a second, feeling the loss of oxygen. "W-What? This is a lie, right?" She asked, ruffling her hair endlessly.
The officer shook his head, his eyes full with pitty and concern. "I'm sorry for your loss, but-" He was talking when all of a sudden Hyosung's whimpers and screaches of dispair cut him off.
"Please tell me this is a joke, jebal." Hyosung pleaded as she fell to the ground, holding onto the officers' legs. She shook him, pounding her small fists on his legs. "Daehyun!!!!" She yelled, her tears falling non-stop as she curled into a ball on the floor, in front of the officers' feet. "Why did he leave me? H-He promised he'd be back safe and sound..D-Did he not want to be with me anymore? Bu-ut he promised he'd come back." She repeatedly hit the floor, pounding it with all her strength. "Officer, tell him to come back. At least to say goodbye. I-I didn't even get to say goodbye."
"I'm sorry, but he's not coming back. H-He's gone," The officer stuttered, seeing how heart-broken Hyosung was. He smoothly patted her shoulder as she still lay on the floor, crying her eyes out.

"Daehyun!" Hyosung yelled as she opened her eyes, her heart pounding at an abnormal pace. She wiped away her wet tear-stained cheeks, exhaling a huge amount of air. "It was just a bad dream."


                                                                                       ***********

    It was around Christmas time, Hyosung was out enjoying the wonderful and bright decorations on houses and stores. She always loved Christmas time, but for the past year she didn't really find it that interesting.

"When I miss you," Hyosung mumbled to herself, the coldness of the night causing her to see her breath as she spoke. The corners of her lips meerly lifted up as she recalled something.

-- "Why are you crying? Uljima," Daehyun frowned as he reached over to wipe Hyosung's teary face. "You're such a cry baby."
Hyosung pouted, pushing Daehyun away from her. "You're cold-hearted at times, you know that?"
"For speaking the truth, cry baby?" Daehyun bitterly chuckled as he tried to pinch Hyosung's cheeks, but she slapped his hands away.
"Pinch your own cheeks, jerk." She hmph-ed, getting up from the bench they were both sitting at. She started to walk off, trying to act mad but a pair of arms encircled around her.
"I'll miss you too," He whispered into her ear, biting his lower plump lip to keep himself from crying. He didn't and couldn't cry in front of Hyosung, even if it tore his heart to leave her.
Hyosung couldn't fight back her tears any longer. She whimpered, feeling his warmth, hearing his voice, seeing his gorgeous face, she'd deffinatley miss him. "Do you have to go?" She asked, her voice shaking.
"I have to," He replied, snuggling his head on top of hers as his grip on her tightened. "I just want to get it over with. You wouldn't want me to leave when I'm older, would you?"
"Ani," She replied softly.
Daehyun chuckled, turning her around to face him. "Yah, why are you still crying?" He asked as he saw her newly wet tears falling down her cheeks. "I told you that you were a bab-"
"I'm going to miss you," Hyosung cried, wrapping her arms around his waist as she rested her head on his chest. Daehyun stood there, fighting his feeling of sadness.
"Yah. Don't cry anymore, I promise I'll be back." He mumbled only loud enough for her to hear. "And when you miss me, just eat cheese cake."
Hyosung sniffled, looking up at him with her hands still wrapped around him. "Eat cheese cake when I miss you?" She pondered, pouting afterwards. "Then I'd be fat when you get back.."
Daehyun laughed, ruffling her hair with his left hand. "You'd miss me that much?"
"Neh," Hyosung replied with a frown, not understanding his actions. Why is he so happy when he's leaving tomorrow? This is the last day we'll be with each other..
"Then don't try to miss me a lot, just a little." He winked, pinching her cheeks with a smile.
Hyosung pouted as she let go of him. She was about to say something when something, or more like someone interrupted her, crashing his lips on hers.
I'll miss you too, my dear gummy baby. Daehyun thought as he kissed her, feeling her warm lips for what would probably the last. Hyosung's hands wrapped around his neck, pulling him down while they leaned on a nearby wall. Daehyun pushed his body closer to hers, basically trapping her to the wall. When I miss you, what will I do? He asked himself, letting a tear drop from his eye as he continued kissing Hyosung.

When you miss me, just eat cheese cake.
just eat cheese cake;
When you miss me,


Those words were buzzing around in Hyosung's mind, hearing his melodic and beautiful voice. She smiled, pulling her purse back up on her shoulder since it was about to fall. She stepped on the fresh-fallen snow, making her way towards  familiar cafe.

"Hyosunggie, what brings you here dear?" The ahjumma at the cafe asked Hyosung. She smiled as she cleaned her hands on her apron, making her way towards Hyosung.
"Just here for some cheese cake," Hyosung said, smiling at the ahjumma who was now standing right in front of her.
The ahjumma nodded her head, taking a look at Hyosung before heading back behind the counter. "Would it be the usual?"
"Neh, Daehyun's favorite." Hyosung weakly smiled, taking out her wallet to pay but the ahjumma stopped her.
"Ani, it's on the house." She said, "Have a seat at a table, I'll bring your order to you in a bit honey."
Hyosung bowed, thanking her a couple of times as she walked to a near-by table.

    After wating for a while, the ahjumma finally brought her order of cheese cake and even a capuccino.
"Here you go honey," The ahjumma set her things on the table, sincerely smiling down at Hyosung.
"Gomawo ahjumma." Hyosung thanked her, staring at the cheese cake in front of her. She hadn't eaten in 2 days and she was hungry, for the first time. Usually she doesn't eat because she doesn't have the appetite to, or she just doesn't want to, but right now she was so hungry that she could eat a horse and even a cow if she could get seconds.
The ahjumma nodded her head, making an ok sign with her hand. "Enjoy your meal and eat it all, cause you're getting too skinny honey."
"Mm. I will, thanks." Hyosung smiled at her as she picked up her spoon, starting to eat her cheese cake with a smile. Mmmmm~ How I missed the taste of this. She thought in amazement as she savored the flavor.


                                                                                *************


Another year later:


    Hyosung smiled as she stepped on stage, the stage lights illuminating her clear-white skin. She walked to the microphone on the stand, which was on the right side of the stage. She waited for all the claps to die down until she started with her speech. Her eyes were twinkling with anticipation, wondering how her fashion show was going to turn out.
"Annyeonghaseyo everyone, Jun Hyosung here." She smiled, showing the audience, spectators and viewers her contagious gummy smile. "Now to kick off this fashion show, I'd like to start with my latest creation." She said, pointing off to the models who were all entering the stage, modeling the clothes. "I call it Blending Summer colors into Winter and Fall, but with a little funk."

---And so, the fashion show went on for the next 2 hours. When it was finally over, Hyosung's boss, Lee Chaerin called for her to meet her backstage.

"You did very well Hyosung," Chaerin smiled, her shades blocking view of her eyes.
Hyosung smiled once more, "Thank you. I'm glad you liked my creations."
"I didn't just like them, I loved them. I see a bright future ahead of you, Hyosung or should I say, co-worker-nim?" Chaerin said as she took off her glasses, giving Hyosung a sweet smile.
"C-Co-worker, me?" Hyosung asked in amusement. "So that means that-"
"You are now vice president of YG fashion Inc." Chaerin cutt her off, giving Hyosung a half-sided hug which caught Hyosung in surprise once more. "Welcome, partner."
"Omo, omo, omo~" Hyosung squeeled, bowing millions of times to Chaerin. "Gomawo, jeongmal gomawo Chaerin-ssi."
"Call me CL," Chaerin, or better known as CL, said.
Hyosung nodded her head quickly, thanking CL over and over again. "I promise I won't fail you."
"Partner, call me partner, I've always wanted to call someone partner and for someone to call me that." CL chuckled, putting her glasses back on. "Well then, partner, see you on Monday. You have Thursday though Sunday off as a treat. I hope you're back with even better ideas, I'll be waiting."
"Neh, and thanks again, partner." Hyosung said. CL nodded her head, waving at Hyosung as she left. As soon as CL was out of sight, Hyosung squeeled in delight as she jumped up.

    As Hyosung was heading home, she looked at her phone, searching through her contacts. She wanted to call Ji Eun and her friends to tell them about her raise at YG Fashion Inc, but in the end she didn't ; instead she called someone else, all though she was 100% sure he'd never pick up.

 'Annyeonghaseyo, This is Daehyun. I'm not available right now, but please leave a voicemail and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.' Daehyun's answer machine said. Hyosung smiled as she heard his voice and her laugh in the background. 'Beep'
"Daehyun-ah," Hyosung spoke as she re-adjusted her purse on her shoulder, holding her phone right next to her ear. "How are you? Are you doing fine? I-I'm just calling because I wanted to inform you s-something. Wahh~ Are you ready for the big news? I am now the official vice president of YG Fashion Inc., daebak huh?" She faked a happy, enthusiastic voice. "B-but I didn't really call for that. I ju-just called to hear your voice, I miss you." She held in a sob, tears b at the corners of her eyes. She looked up at the starry night sky, trying to keep in her tears. "You must be thinking I'm such a baby, right? B-But I just can't help not missing you. Come back, please?" She blinked, letting her tears fall as she walked towards her car. "A-And that's all. Please take care of yourself Daehyun-ah. Eat well and work hard, I miss and love yo- Ah!" She shrieked as someone wrapped their arms around her tiny waist. "W-Who are you? Get away from m-"
"Then why haven't you eaten any cheese cake?" The voice, obviously a male, asked in a illuminous tone.
Hyosung froze, her hear beating a million times faster that usual. She dropped her phone, for her hands were shaking. She'd recognize that voice anywhere, anytime, anyhow. "Daehyun?" She asked, tears immediatley falling from her eyes as she held in her breath.
"Uljima, why are you crying?" He asked as he turned her around, letting Hyosung see his dazzling face that she had longed to see for 2 years. He frowned as he reached over to wipe her tears, his hot breath hitting her face.
"I missed you," She managed to choke out before she bursted in tears, immediatley wrapping her arms around Daehyun's waist.
Daehyun rested his head on hers, placing a sweet kiss on top of her head. "Uljima, you're such a baby." He smiled as he looked down at Hyosung, seeing her lift up her head. He wiped away her teary eyes and gave her his heart-melting smile. "I missed you too, but-" He stopped speaking when he felt Hyosung's lips crash against his, pulling him down by his soldier's uniform.

"You don't know how much I longed for this," Hyosung softly spoke as she broke away from the kiss. "When I missed you, I'd usually-"
"Shh," She was stopped by Daehyun's finger on her lips. He his lips, grinning seductively at her. "Shut up and kiss me, vice presedent-nim. But this time more-" But before he could finish his sentence, Hyosung spoke up, cutting him off mid-sentence.
"When I miss you, I'll have nothing to miss, because you're right here. Please don't go anymore, stay by my side." She smiled, showing him her gummy smile. He was about to reply but Hyosung had already crashed her lips against his, completing the puzzle piece. She kissed him, this time with more passion and emotion, just like he wanted.

 

 

 

************************************************************

Here goes le first chapter /facepalms/ I'm sorry if it wasn't interesting. T~T

But yeah, I was inspired by this soldier movie I saw. Hmph, I dunn' remember which one.

But thanks for subscribing~ I hope I didn't/don't dissapoint you ^^

 

+Please comment&Subscribe~ thanks!

 

                                             --Next one-shot comming soon~ ^___^