Special day

DaeHyo one-shots. [Daehyun and Hyosung]

A/N: long one-shot guise~~

 
 
     One step, two steps, three steps, four; 
Hyosung smiled as she clamped both of her hands into her jacket pockets, eyes glinting lightly as she looked ahead of her. 
 
It was a humid - not too cold, not too hot - day. The sun shined down on her face, lightening it up in every angle, making her skin look even brighter than it naturally is. 
 
“Why are you so happy today, noona?”
 
She felt the corners of her lips curve up, forming her usual gummy smile. “I don’t know Junhong...” she trailed off, taking a side-way glance at her younger brother: Junhong, also called Zelo, who was staring at her with an incredulous look. “What?” She lifted her right hand, poking his soft, pore-less cheek.
 
Junhong let a small smile form on his face, pushing his elder sister’s hand away from his face. “Stop it!”
 
“Well don’t look at me like that,” Hyosung replied, putting her free hand back into her pocket, where it had originally been located at beforehand. 
 
“What look?” the younger boy asked, clearly trying to act innocent and all. 
 
Hyosung ignored his innocent act, looking ahead of her once again. 
 
They were walking back home from school, so there were many students ahead of them, behind them, and even beside them, but the two siblings didn’t mind. Well, that was until someone halted them to a stop, pulling on both of their arms.
 
“Y-Yah,” was all that managed to escape Hyosung’s mouth until it quieted down - making her eyes bulge out as wide as saucers - as she stared at the person before her. It was none other than Daehyun. The obnoxious, annoying, blabber mouth, friend of her brother. He was panting, little beads of sweat forming on his forehead, as he still held onto Hyosung’s and Junhong’s wrists.
 
“I,” he started, but stopped to catch his breath. “I thought I told you guys to,” another halt to he could catch his breath, one again, “to wait for me.”
 
Hyosung shook her head, “Nope.” She then proceeded to pull her arm away from Daehyun’s grip, but to no avail, for he gripped onto her even tighter. She sighed, “Can you let go?”
 
“Noona,” Junhong mouthed off to her. All though he was always aware of his sisters rather... rude (if that’s what you want to call it) behavior towards people, he never really did like how she talked to Daehyun. She was always much ruder and cold towards him. He was absolutely clueless as to why she treated him different. But nonetheless, he still disliked it. He watched as his sister rolled her eyes, as if giving up the confrontation; “Sorry, Daehyun hyung. I, uh, kind of forgot.” 
 
The said guy simply nodded his head, letting go of the girls’ wrist, to which she more than happily retreated her hand back to her side; “It’s fine, Junhong. I know how Hyosung is.” he smiled over at the short, brown-haired girl, to which she just scoffed. “Well, anyway, do you remember why I told you to wait for me?” He looked over at Junhong, lifting his head up a bit since the other boy was fairly tall, even if he was younger than him.
 
“To walk home together, right?” Junhong replied, all though it seemed more like a question. 
 
Daehyun gave him a look, “You forgot?”
 
“What else do you expect, hyung. I can barely remember what today’s date is, let alone what you told me earlier.” Junhong sheepishly spoke, raking his hand through his blue-ish, gray-ish hair; “I’m kind of slow.”
 
Hyosung, who was looking down at the ground, lifted her head. She glanced directly at Daehyun, opening to say something when suddenly Daehyun cut her off before she could even speak.
 
“For Sunhwa’s surprise birthday party,” he said with a smile - the type of smile that reached his eyes, making them into upside-down moon crescents.
 
Junhong’s eyes widened, a glint of remembrance sparking on his face; “That’s right! I totally forgot,” he said, “Sunhwa noona’s birthday.” He then turned to face his sister, “It’s almost Sunhwa noona’s birthday, right?”
 
Feeling a small lump form in , Hyosung could only manage to nod. Somehow, having that sentence escape from Daehyun’s plump lips made her chest ache. Psht, stupid Hyosung. Of course he was going to say Sunhwa’s birthday. Why in the world wouldn't he? she thought to herself, shaking her head to knock off all other thoughts - the type she didn’t even want to linger on any longer. 
 
She was too busy on her own thoughts that she didn’t notice she had tuned the two boys out until she felt someone wave their hand in front of her face, a little too close for her liking. 
 
“Yo, Hyo, are you okay?” It was Daehyun’s voice.
 
Hyosung bitterly backed away, “I’m fine. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have things to do,” she turned to face her brother; “I’ll be going first, okay Junhong?”
 
“But-”
 
“I’m sorry I can’t help you guys with Sunhwa’s surprise birthday party. It’s not that I don’t want to... it’s just that I’m really busy with assignments and stuff, you know how school can be.” She gave her younger brother a squeeze on the shoulder before she left, not even bothering to bid her farewell to Daehyun, who on the other hand watched her retreating figure get smaller and smaller the further she walked.
 
 
     Once Hyosung was home, she quickly ran upstairs to her room, throwing her bag on the floor and lumping into bed. No one was home, and she was rather glad that she had the house all to herself; she wanted to be alone. 
 
She closed her eyes, a set of flashbacks coming back to her for the first time since forever.

 It was the first day of 5th grade in elementary and all the kids, including Hyosung, were in class introducing themselves to their fellow classmates. There were at least 15 kids in her class, most of them clad in nice, new clothes, just like her. 
 
“Alright, next,” Mrs. Lee spoke in her sweet, delicate-like tone, pointing at the kid seated beside Hyosung. 
 
He stood up, a smile already forming on his face; “I’m Jung Daehyun, nice to meet you all. I hope we can be great friends!” He spoke with such confidence, such charisma (even for a little kid his age), that it left Hyosung in a slight daze. She was looking at the kid too much for her liking that she ended up missing her teacher’s words.
 
“Next please,” she said, but Hyosung was off in her own land that she wasn’t paying attentions; that was, until Daehyun, the little kid she had been staring at for the past, I don’t know, seven, eight, or so, minutes, came closer to her, nudging her shoulder.
 
“Hey girl, you’re next,” he said; “Stop staring at me and pay attention.”
 
Hyosung blinked back twice, thrice, even four times. Did she hear right? Had this kid just busted her out in front of the whole class? 
 
Oh, that little- her thoughts were interrupted by the laughter of children - her classmates to be exact - that apparently had heard what Daehyun had said.
 
Hyosung bit on her lower lip, feeling tears well up in her eyes. She knew she wanted to cry, but she couldn’t. I’m a big girl now, and big girls don’t cry, she thought to herself. And before she knew it, she felt a tear slip down her cheek, soon followed by more, more, and even more. You’re so stupid, Hyosung. How are you going to let this kid, this stranger, make you cry? Are you really that weak? She quickly reached out to wipe her tears, pushing the feller kid back. 
 
“Don’t touch me,” she sputtered out, staring at the kid who was now on the ground, looking up at her with wide eyes. “No one touches me without my permission, let alone an ugly kid like you!” She didn’t know what she was saying, but she was clearly sure of how rude she was being, yet she didn’t care. She had always been that way: mean. It was part of her nature. It was her, that was how she was raised.
 
She was about to continue, but a hand quickly wrapped around hers, spinning her around in less than a second. And there she was, eye-to-eye with Sunhwa, her best friend and cousin.
 
“Hyosung, stop it,” the young, brown-haired girl that she was so used to seeing, said. “He didn’t mean to.” 
 
Hyosung, stop it,
 
It was the first time her cousin had ever called her un-affectionately. Usually it was always Hyosunggie, Hyo, unnie, or even babo, but never, ever, had it been plainly just ‘Hyosung’. And somehow it felt... strange. It felt sort of wrong. 
 
Why? I mean it’s just a name, right?
 
“What do you mean stop?” Hyosung spat out, yanking her hand away from her cousin. “He just-”
 
“Girls, girls, calm down. Is this the right way to start off the school year?” Mrs. Lee finally decided to intervene - a little too late, but better late than never, right? “Let’s all have a seat, calm down, and continue withe the introductions.” She then looked over at Daehyun who was still on the floor. She walked over to him, helping him up. “And by the way, the three of you,” she said, taking a glance at Sunhwa and Hyosung, “I’ll see you after school.”
 
Hyosung air into her cheeks. Great, just great. It was barely the first day of school and she was already on the teachers bad side? Well not yet, but who knows; maybe she already was. She pushed past her cousin, taking a seat at her desk, which was unfortunately between Daehyun’s and Sunhwa’s.
 
“Now, please continue with the introductions. And as we already had a chance at getting to know, Hyosung, please introduce yourself.” Mrs. Lee said in a calm voice.
 
The small girl stood up, “I’m Jun Hyosung,” And with that, she sat back down. She didn’t bother on saying anything else cause, at the moment, she was rather upset. 
 
“Okay... next,” Mrs. Lee hesitantly said, pointing at the next person, who happened to be none other than Sunhwa.
 
She stood up, her floral dress flowing with her, “Hi, I’m Han Sunhwa and I hope we can all be friends. I also want to apologize to Daehyun for Hyosung’s actions; she didn’t mean to push you and speak to you in that tone. She’s really sorry.” 
 
Hyosung abruptly looked over at her cousin. She was going to say something really, really mean, but she stopped when she saw that special Sunhwa smile - the one she hardly ever saw. That special smile she only had for two people, and those two people were her parents. Not even Hyosung received that smile from her; even if they were practically sisters. But what caught her even more in surprise was as to whom that smile was directed to. Daehyun? Why him?
 
“All right, now the next person,” Mrs. Lee said with a cheerful tone.
 
And so, the rest of the kids introduced themselves. But Hyosung, being her close-minded-self, didn’t really pay attention to them. She just sat in her seat, her eyes glancing from Daehyun to Sunhwa. They weren’t looking at each other - well, at least Daehyun wasn’t - but Sunhwa was. She would glance at him once in a while. And not to mean or anything, but that surely ticked Hyosung off.
 
Who was this kid anyway? Why was he stealing her closest friend? She couldn’t help but feel jealous, all though that jealousy was at first meant towards Daehyun... it ended up biting her in the , cause soon, after some time, after Sunhwa and Daehyun got to be really close friends, that’s when everything changed; when Hyosung no longer felt jealous for Daehyun, instead she felt jealous over him. 
 
She hated how Sunhwa was always clinging onto him. She hated how often she brought him up in conversations. She hated how she always invited him over for no reason. She hated... them being together

“Gosh Hyosung, you should’ve stopped these feelings long, long ago.” she muttered to herself. She was still laying in bed, her arm rested over her eyes. But I can’t blame you... It wasn’t your fault. No one chooses who they fall in love with, because that if far beyond anyone’s control.
 
 
     A few weeks had passed and by the looks of it everything was normal. It was lunch time and Hyosung was seated at her usual table, surrounded by her younger brother, her cousin, some other friends, and none other than Daehyun.
 
They were all chattering on about upcoming events at school - well, almost all of them. Hyosung was just munching on her food, staring off into space. 
 
“Cool, huh?” she felt someone nudge her.
 
She turned around only to regret it immensely when she saw Daehyun’s face only a few inches away from hers. He was so close she swore she could feel his hot, cinnamon-flavored breath hit her face. And without a single second to waste, she quickly pulled back, falling into someone’s arms. 
 
“Woah, you all right there Hyosung?” It was Hongki, her friend, whose arms she had fallen into. “You’re lucky I caught you, if not you would’ve fallen on the floor.” 
 
Hyosung then noticed his hands that, awkwardly, were looped around her petite waist. “I- heh, sorry,” she spoke, still in his embrace. It was surprisingly comfortable and warm; kind of like her bed. 
 
“Are you two going to hug all day or what?” a familiar voice broke into Hyosung’s thoughts. 
 
She looked over at the voice, noticing it was none other that Daehyun - that annoying brat. “So what?” she sarcastically asked, “What if we want to stay this way?” 
 
“Nothing. It’s not like I care; you can do whatever you want.” he shrugged, turning away from her. And soon enough he started a conversation with Sunhwa.
 
Tch, jerk, Hyosung thought, taking a not-so-hungrily bite of her food. She wasn’t really that hungry so she just focused on the people across the table. She looked over at the familiar faces - well, just some. 
 
She saw Joon, Mir, Kikwang, Yoseob and Junhyung sitting at a table, as well as Min, Fei, Suzy and Jia at other table. Then she saw the big table that was made up of 12 boys, - all of them handsome and stuff - called EXO. But as she studied her tables, she never once noticed the stares she got from one person. The way he smiled as she made faces, trying hard to remember the kids’ names. The way his eyes twinkled from just seeing her pout unconsciously for no reason. The way his heart fluttered when she abruptly turned kind of red when people found out she was staring at them; just about all that... she never once noticed. 
 
 
     It had been a rough day. Hyosung was in her room, her head laid on her study desk, papers scattered everywhere. Her hair was tied into two small pony tales, she had glasses on, and her eyes were all droopy. It was nearly 11 p.m and she had been in her room almost all day. Luckily there was no school the next day, or else she would’ve died of exhaustion the next day. 
 
“Noona, aren’t you going to eat? I ordered take-out!” she heard Junhong say from outside her bedroom door.
 
She sighed, rubbing her temples. “I’ll be down in a bit, Junhong.”
 
“All right,” he sputtered, walking away - downstairs most likely.
 
Once she couldn’t feel his presence lingering behind her bedroom door, she continued to write. Who was she kidding? She knew she wasn’t going to be down in ‘just a bit’. She still had four more paragraphs to write. No time to waste. Food can wait, she thought, picking her pencil back up. And in less than three seconds she found herself scribbling onto her paper once more, her thought flowing passionately with every word she wrote.
 
And once she had finished writing, she looked at the clock on her wall that read 2 a.m.
 
“Oh god,” she muttered, standing up. She kicked her chair back, walking towards the door and opening it ever so softly; she knew Junhong was downstairs, asleep most likely, so she didn’t want to awake him. 
 
She carefully crept downstairs, eyes glancing everywhere to spot that familiar blue-ish, gray-ish hair of his. She took a peak at the living room, but found no trace of him. The TV was off, the couches were empty, and there was no trash of candy wrappers or bags of chips on the floor. Hmm, this is weird, she thought, turning around and walking into the kitchen. She figured that he was already up in his bedroom, all though it didn’t really sound like something Junhong would do; he’d usually stay downstairs, waiting for her to come down and eat, but he’d end up falling asleep. 
 
“Silly kid,” she murmured to herself, walking into the big, caramel-colored kitchen, when she noticed a figure laying on the table. She smiled to herself. There he is, She walked towards him, her arms draping around the boys’ waist. Yeah, it was him, Junhong. “Junhonggie~” she cooed into his ear, causing the younger kid to stir in his sleep. “Junhonggie,” she called again.
 
“Hmm,” the younger groaned, his eyes still closed.
 
Hyosung smiled, raking her hand through his hair; “Get up and go to your room.” She carefully nudged him again, finally getting him to flutter his eyes open.
 
“W-What-”
 
“Go to bed in your room. The kitchen table isn’t for sleeping, silly.” Hyosung smiled, poking his cheeks. 
 
The younger boy sleepily nodded. He stood up and groggily walked away, but not before muttering a ‘good night noona’ before he disappeared out of sight.
 
Hyosung stood still for a while. Tomorrow was Sunhwa’s surprise birthday party which she was really looking forward to... but dreading at the same time. There were two reasons why she did want to go:
1. She didn’t want to be cooped up at home all day.
2. She wanted to see Daehyun.
 
Yet there was one reason she didn’t want to go; but it seemed much more powerful than any other reasons put together: Daehyun and Sunhwa.
 
She sighed. She really needed to stop it. It’s not like she could have Daehyun to herself; that would be extremely selfish. Besides, he likes her cousin, right?
 
 
     The clock ticked 7 p.m. Junhong grinned, stepping out of his room clad in a navy blue Britain-themed shirt, a pair of tight jeans, and red and blue shoes. He was all ready to go. All he needed to do now was wait for his sister.
 
“Noona, are you ready?” he called as he knocked on her bedroom door; “Don’t make me go in there and dress you myself.” He was going to continue threatening her when the door opened, revealing a dazzling Hyosung. She was wearing a tight, curve-hugging, black tube dress, and she had on some shiny black high heels. “Wow, noona, you look... hot.” the younger boy unconsciously blurted out; “If you weren’t my noona, I’d swear you’d be the next on my list to become my girlfriend.”
 
Hyosung scrunched her nose, “Ew! That’s , Junhong!” She let out a melodic laughter that made her eyes turn twinkle with joyful tears. 
 
“, but true,” Junhong smirked, clinging onto his sister’s arm; “Now let’s go to the party!”
 
Once the two siblings arrived at their destination - Warrior Club - they hopped off Hyosung’s car and walked to the entrance. There were two security guards that asked for their ID’s and, luckily, let them pass. At first they didn’t want to let Junhong in, since he was under-age, but with Hyosung’s help, they gladly let him in.
 
“I can’t believe you just did that,” Junhong laughed, his hand on his sister’s bare shoulder.
 
Hyosung rolled her eyes, “Do not ever, you hear me? Ever speak about this to no one.” 
 
“About what?”
 
Junhong smiled, “Omo! Daehyun hyung, you wouldn’t believe what Hyosunggie noona just did!” The younger boy shook the other, tiring him out in no time.
 
“What’d she do?” Daehyun asked, his eyes turning to face Hyosung.
 
“She did aegyo!” 
 
Daehyun was taken aback, “A-Aegyo? Are you sure? What, why?” He turned to look at the taller kid, but he was quickly whisked away by Jongup, one of his friend, leaving him alone with Hyosung.
 
“I had to, okay, don’t look at me like that. It’s not like I’ve never done it before,” Hyosung pouted, crossing her hands over her chest child-like.
 
And that’s when Daehyun noticed what she was wearing. His eyes nearly popped out. She looked... Wow... just simply... wow ; “Y-You look great, Hyosung.” he stuttered, causing the said girl’s pout to vanish. Apparently she was caught off-guard with his sudden compliment. 
 
“I- I... t-thank you.”
 
Daehyun smiled at her. He wanted to say something really, really important. And he thought that it was the special occasion. The way she was dressed, the way she gleamed, the way she was looking at him, the way she was blushing; he thought it was the special day.
 
“Hyosung I’ve been meaning to tell you this...” he trailed off, clearing his dry throat in the process; “That I- I-”
 
“Hyosung, you’re here!”
 
Daehyun and Hyosung turned away from each other, casting their glances on the person who’d just called Hyosung’s name: Sunhwa. She was wearing a light pink dress, her hair styled into a fancy braid. 
 
“I thought you weren’t going to come, God, way to scare your cousin!” 
 
Hyosung forced a smile, “Heh, sorry Sunhwa. Junhong and I were running late.”
 
“But you’re here now, and that’s what matters~” Sunhwa grinned and, apparently, that’s when she noticed Daehyun beside Hyosung; “Dae, I’ve been looking all over for you! Come here, I didn’t even have time to fully thank you for this amazing surprise party.” She then proceeded to hug him, wrapping her arms around him and pulling him closer to her; “You’re the best! Saranghae!”
 
Saranghae
 
That word was on repeat in Hyosung’s head, giving her a migraine almost instantly. She watched hopelessly as Sunhwa pecked his cheek and walked away, blushing madly. She felt like she’d just been hit in the chest with a ball, and all the air had been out of her lungs; she needed an airbag. And without directing any other word at Daehyun, she vanished into the crowd, making her way to a corner.
 
I shouldn’t have came, she thought, it was a bad idea. Darn you Junhong. Why did you have to convince me to come? Today is officially the worst day ever. I wasn’t even this sad when Fluffy died... She pictured her white and black bunny her mom had bought for her. Ugh, I hate myself.
 
And as the night progressed, everything seemed to be going rather boring for Hyosung. Sure enough, some friends saw her and came to make her company, but they’d eventually leave noticing her mood. She was in that don’t-even-talk-to-me mood; she wanted to be left alone.
 
“Noona, is everything alright? Do you wanna go home?” Junhong, who had been sitting beside her for the past few minutes, asked. He looked over at her, hoping for her to answer back, but his face soon deflated when she just shook her head. He opened his mouth to say something when he heard her voice. It sounded soft, unlike her own; but it was her voice nonetheless.
 
“I’m not okay, Junhong.” She could feel tears welling up in her eyes; “I’m not okay. Nothing’s ‘all right’; I’m a mess.”
 
Junhong was taken aback. For once in his lifetime he had no clue on what to do regarding his sister. He sat still, watching her salty tears drop from her eyes; he watched her break down. “N-Noona, w-what’s wrong?”
 
“This,” Hyosung sniffled as she pounded on her chest.
 
“What’s wrong with it? Are you having chest pains?”
 
Hyosung shook her head; “I wish it was a case of mere chest pains. But this,” she said pointing towards a specific part on her chest where her heart was located. “It hurts. A lot.”
 
“N-Noona...” was all that came out of Junhong’s lips before he pulled his elder sister into a tight embrace, letting her soak his navy blue shirt, which he had just bought a few days before. “Whoever did this to you will pay; I promise.”
 
 
     A few days had passed since Sunhwa’s party and Hyosung’s breakdown, and it was finally time for Mr. and Mrs. Jun to return from their long-gone business trip to America.
 
“Yah, Junhong, hurry up!” Hyosung yelled from outside. She was standing right beside the drivers’ seat of the car door, clad in some shorts and a tank top; “If you don’t hurry up we won’t get to the airport on time, idiot!”
 
And as if on cue, she saw the front door open, revealing her brother. He jogged over to the passengers’ seat and smiled. 
 
“Sorry,”
 
“Whatever,” Hyosung indignantly replied, getting inside the car. 
 
Once they had arrived at the airport she felt her phone buzz, indicating she had received a text or a call; and so it turned out to be call.
 
“Yeobuseyo, Hyosung here,” 
 
“Hyosunggie, where are you? I’m at your house but your cars not here and no one’s answering the door.”
 
Hyosung recognized that voice to be Sunhwa’s. “Sorry Sunhwa. It’s just that- Yah, Junhong! Watch out with the luggage!” Hyosung called out, but it was too late for Junhong had already collided with some random luggage that was placed on the floor. “Aish, this kid.”
 
“Luggage? Wait, where are you?”
 
“Sunhwa, sorry, I have to go.” Hyosung said into the phone as she closed the door to her car.
 
“Wait, answer my question; where are you?”
 
Hyosung sighed, “Airport; I’ll talk to you later.” She put her phone away into her beige hand-bag, then ran over to Junhong who was still on the floor; “Yah, didn’t I tell you to watch out?”
 
“Sorry noona,” he simply said, giving her an apologetic look.
 
Hyosung rolled her eyes, extending her hand out; “Hurry up, umma and appa’s flight is probably already here.”
 
Minutes had passed and the two Jun sibling were seated on an empty bench, and still no sight of either of their parents.
 
“Is today really the day they come back?” Junhong asked, glancing at the crowded airport hallways; “Maybe you made a mistake.”
 
Hyosung shook her head; “I’m sure it’s today...” she paused, “Wait, what if we’re on the wrong side of the airport?”
 
“What?”
 
“Yeah, what if their flight is clear on the other end?” Hyosung stood up; “You stay here and I’ll go check on the other end of the airport. Don’t go anywhere, don’t talk to any strangers, and call me if you need help or something happens.”
 
Junhong gave her a mere nod; “Hurry back noona. And call me if you need help.”
 
“I’ll be fine,” she said with a wave of her hand. And with that, she set off to the other end of the airport. She passed by many people - some rude, some nice, some Korean, some foreigners - but all that was on her mind was her parents. Did she really mistake the day? Or did something bad happen?
 
No, no. Hyosung, stop; you shouldn't be thinking such things. she shook her head. She looked up, noticing that she was almost at the other end of the airport. Aha, almost there.
 
She took faster steps, pacing up, so that she could get there faster. Maybe her parents were already there, waiting for her and Junhong. Maybe they’d been there for the past 10-15 minutes and were already ticked off cause she was late. She didn't care if they scolded her for being on time, or for messing up the flights; she just wanted for them to be there.
 
And when she finally got there, her shoulders deflated. There was no trace of her parents; nada. She closed her eyes, spotting a nearby flight attendant. 
 
“Excuse me, sir?” she called.
 
The tall, handsome-faced flight attendant turned around, smiling kindly at Hyosung; “Yes, how may I help you?”
 
“Uh, I was wondering uh... when does the flight from L.A come?”
 
He pondered for a while, “Hmm... form L.A, you say?”
 
Hyosung nodded.
 
“It was suppose to come today, but it was delayed a few days due to some technical problems with the plain.” he said; “Or at least that’s what I heard.”
 
“So you don’t know when it’ll arrive?”
 
He shook his head; “In a few weeks or so, probably.”
 
“Oh, okay. Thanks,” Hyosung bowed, turning around to walk away. “Great. A few more weeks? Tch. So much for a welcome back dinner...” she whispered under her breath. 
 
She was halfway back to her brother when, out of nowhere, she was pulled off to the side, colliding into someone’s chest. “Bwoya?!” she hissed.
 
“Kajima,” 
 
Hyosung’s eyes shot open, her whole body stiffening. “D-Daehyun?” she managed to squeak out.
 
“Don’t go. Please.” he whispered into her ear. His voice was so soft and subtle that it gave her goosebumps; “I know I was a wimp last time. I should've told you earlier. I’m sorry.”
 
“What are you-”
 
“I love you, Hyosung.” Daehyun whispered ever to lightly, his arms around Hyosung’s body tightening; “I thought last time was the special day; guess I was wrong. I've always wanted to tell you that I love you, but I could never find the courage to do so; besides, I wanted it to be on a special day. But now that you’re leaving... I can’t. I just had to. Please don’t go.”
 
Hyosung was left in a daze. Had she heard right? Had Daehyun just said that he... that he... ‘loved’ her? She was left without words. She wanted to say, I love you too, Daehyun. I’ve always loved you, but since I thought you liked Sunhwa... then... then... but all that came out of her lips was a mere; “How did you know?”
 
“Sunhwa told me.” 
 
“Sunhwa... told you?” Hyosung’s mouth dried as she said her cousin’s name; “Why?”
 
Daehyun, who still had Hyosung in his embrace, let her go and stared deep into her chocolate-brown irises; “She knows how I feel about you. I told her the day of her birthday. At first she didn't accept it, but as time went by... she sort of did. But anyway, she told me. And her only words were ‘don’t let her go. Make her happy, and be happy.’”
 
“But she-” Hyosung was prohibited from speaking when she felt Daehyun’s lips on hers, capturing her words into a kiss. It took her time to finally realize what was happening, so when she finally did, she corresponded to the kiss. It wasn't that great of a kiss, but it made Hyosung’s stomach churn in delight; He’s kissing me. Oh my God, he’s kissing me.
 
After a minute, they separated, each of them catching their breath. Then, out of nowhere Hyosung bursted out laughing, cocking her head back as her melodic laugh caused a scene.
 
“Hyosung, w-what’s wrong?” Daehyun asked, his eyes looking straight at her flushed face that was red from all her laughter.
 
“You thought--” Hyosung said in between laughter, “that I- I was leaving!”
 
Daehyun gave her an incredulous look; “You’re not?”
 
“Ani. I--” pause for laughter, “just came to pick up umma and appa.” She tugged on her stomach; “but they’re flight’s been delayed a few weeks.”
 
“So I just-”
 
“Told me to leave for no reason?” Hyosung finished off for him, receiving a nod from him; “Pretty much, yeah.” She was about to start laughing again when she felt a pair of arms encircle around her, pulling her into that familiar chest.
 
Daehhyun smiled down at her, “But it was worth it, right? Cause in the end... I got you.” And so, he leaned in for another kiss to which, this time, Hyosung responded to rather quickly - a little too quick for her liking. Daehyun smiled in the kiss. 
 
Who would’ve known the girl who constantly treated him rather cold... actually had feelings for him? 
 
“Today’s definitely my special day,” he said in between the kiss, his plump lips still touching Hyosung’s small, light pink lips. 
 
And that’s when Hyosung remembered her brother, that was probably still sitting on the bench clear on the other side. “Come on,” she backed away from Daehyun, intertwining their hands and pulling him away; “I left Junhong alone on the other side.”
 
“All the way over there?” 
 
Hyosung nodded, still pulling onto Daehyun; “Hurry up!” She picked up her pace, obligating the brown-haired boy behind her follow her same pace. 
 
“Wait,” Daehyun stopped, pulling his hand away from her grip; “I- I need to catch my breath.” He bent down, hands on his knees, breathing heavily, like he was going to die any time soon.
 
“Are you okay? D-Daehyun--”
 
Daehyun sneakily, yet softly, cupped Hyosung’s face. He stood up, pecking her lips, and started to run afterwards. “Hurry up!” he mocked.
 
“Yah!” Hyosung yelled, a smile appearing on her face as she chased after that silly, obnoxious kid. Oh, how much better could this day get? "Come back here! You can't just steal a kiss from me, and expect to get away; no sir!" she yelled out after him, running with all her speed to catch up to the immature boy.
 
That day was special, very special indeed; it was extremely special.
 
 
 

So here's another long update guise :3
I really had no idea it'd be this long, otl. I guess it makes up for my previous one, right? No? Okay ;-;
But seriously, thanks for all the new subbies~ I love you guise. 
Keep supporting me, le noob author. ~.~ 
(sorry if it's aaaay. I did this like at... 3 am, 4? Somehwere around there lol)