Rose: part 1

DaeHyo one-shots. [Daehyun and Hyosung]

 

 
 
     It was a cool Friday night. The moon was glistening up in the sky, casting a beautiful shine on the cold, cement sidewalk. Couples were out on a midnight stroll, cuddling close as to transfer their body heat to one another. They looked really comfy, too. 
 
Hyosung strutted along the sidewalk, her hair casted to her shoulders. She was wearing a thin-like sweater, with some shorts, and she was cold. She would’ve worn something more thick, covering, and warm if she had known the weather was going to get so cold at night; for in the day the weather was just perfect. It wasn’t that hot, nor was it too cold, either. Like I said before, it was perfect. 
 
She her lips to keep them from becoming further chapped, clasping her hands around her arms. It was getting extremely cold, and the fact that it was night and there was no sun to warm her up wasn’t helping, either. 
 
As she took the next step, something halted her to a stop. She stared ahead of her, stiff as a stick. 
 
“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow, then,” It was Jieun, one of Hyosung’s friends, who spoke. She was standing on her doorstep, her school bag adjusted on her shoulder; “Thanks for walking me home, Daehyun.” She flashed one of her prettiest smiles, showing off her pearly whites. Then, very quickly, she leaned in towards Daehyun, giving him a quick, yet warm, hug. “Bye!” 
 
And with that, she was gone. 
 
Hyosung’s heart paced at an abnormal pace. She wanted to run away, but her body wouldn't move. 
 
Was this why Daehyun declined her offer to go drink some bubble tea and hang out? 
 
“Bye, Jieunnie,” Daehyun waved, even after the door to Jieun’s house was closed. Then, in a very calm and collected manner, he turned around, only to meet the eyes of a confused Hyosung. “H-Hyosung? What are you doing here?” He walked to her, his once warm eyes suddenly becoming cold and distant; “I thought you had homework to do.”
 
Hyosung swallowed the lump in , slowly nodding. “I did, but I finished early so I decided to walk around the neighborhood.” She shifted her glance to the ground, looking down at her shoes, for she felt his eyes boring a hole into her. Don’t look at me with that light glance, she thought to herself. “I-I didn’t know you’d be here.”
 
“Huh? Oh, yeah. Well I stayed at school to finish some work and Jieun was there, so I decided to walk her home. You know me; I’m a gentleman. I can’t just let a girl walk alone this late.” He slowly grinned, stuffing his hands in his jean pockets. 
 
“Right,” Hyosung faked a smile, looking back up at Daehyun; “Are you hungry? Have you eaten? You stayed at school all day, you must be starving. Want to go get something to eat at-”
 
“It’s okay, Jieun and I had something to eat earlier.” he interrupted her.
 
Hyosung’s hands formed a fist, but she slowly nodded; “O-Okay then, what do you want to do? You want to go for a wal-”
 
“Actually, Hyosung, I’m really tired. Maybe some other day, ara?” Daehyun asked, or more like pleaded. He took a step towards her, patting her head; “School has all my energy. Mian.”
 
Mian
 
Hyosung hated that word. She detested it with all her heart and soul. It was the word that people use before or after they hurt you; and Hyosung hates apologies. She hates people who hurt her. 
 
“Ah, okay.”
 
“So see you tomorrow at school?” he smiled at her, but it seemed forced.
 
Hyosung nodded, plastering a forced smile, also, as she raised her hand to remove a strand of hair from her eye. “See you at school, then.”
 
“Bye,” Daehyun bid his farewell, turning around as soon as that three-lettered word escaped his lips. 
 
Hyosung’s heart dropped to the pit of her stomach. He hadn’t even given her a hug, nor had he offered to walk her home. What happened to the gentleman from before? she asked herself, slowly shaking her head. She was about to start her journey back home when she felt a tug on her sweater sleeve. 
 
She smiled, hoping deep down inside that it was Daehyun. That he had come back to walk her home, or maybe he had come back to give her a hug. Honestly, she didn’t care what. She just wanted it to be him. 
 
“What, Daehyu-” she stopped suddenly when she turned around. “Himchan?”
 
The said boy smiled. It was a small smile, kind of like an apologetic smile; “Hey, Hyosung. What? Not happy to see me?”
 
“A-Ani. It’s just I thought you were... Daehyun,” she mumbled the last word; “Anyway, what are you doing here?” She changed the subject, not wanting to further think about the latter.
 
“I just came to visit my aunt, you know, family and stuff.” he shrugged casually, “And I regret it.”
 
Hyosung started walking, “How come?” she asked.
 
“Oh, you know how my family is. My aunt kept on pestering me about getting a job and getting a girlfriend. Ugh, so annoying, I swear. Can’t they understand I’m not looking for any girls right now?” He sighed to himself, “I hate my family.”
 
“Just come out and say you’re gay, Himchan.” Hyosung teased, only to be playfully smacked by Himchan himself; “Kidding, kidding.”
 
Himchan smiled, “So are you out for a walk or?”
 
“I studied all day, since my plans to hang out with Dae got messed up. And I thought of taking a break.” She shrugged, acting as if it was a mere casualty to not hang out with her own boyfriend. 
 
“Oh...” Himchan trailed off, “so are you hungry? Want to go get something to eat? Maybe go for a walk?”
 
Hyosung’s heart tightened. Those were the same words she had previously used on Daehyun just a few minutes before. She thought about declining him, but she needed to distract herself with something. And going out with Himchan seemed like the perfect distraction. 
 
Therefore she ended up accepting his offer; “Sure,” she smiled.
 
 
     The two friends, Himchan and Hyosung, were seated at an eatery, munching down on a sandwich and some fries, as well as sipping on some cold drinks. 
 
“Omo! Remember when Youngjae and Sunhwa used to hate each other? Who knew they’d end up in a relationship.” Himchan commented as he munched on some fries; “They had this awkward, cat-dog relationship. They couldn’t be in the same room.”
 
Hyosung nodded, sipping on her drink. “They say opposites attract though.” 
 
“But they were like... totally different.” Himchan grinned. “I wonder how they’re doing now...”
 
“I talked to Jae not so long ago. He and Sunhwa are doing fine.” Hyosung said, “All though he said he missed Korea, he said he’s happy in London.” She sipped on her drink once more, taking a glance around the eatery. She noticed many people there (mostly couples), that all were chatting happily with one another. 
 
And without even trying, she thought of Daehyun. Of his beautiful smile. Of his soft eyes. Of his thick Busan accent. Of his teasing ways. Of his sweetness. Of... him. Her face saddened. She missed him. Yeah, it sounds rather stupid to miss him when he’s right there, but it’s true. Even though he was near her, he felt very distant. The twinkle in his eyes has darkened until there was no glisten in them at all.
 
He changed. He’s not the same Daehyun he was before. He’s... cold
 
“Are you okay?” Hyosung heard Himchan ask. His voice sounded worried, “You seem out of it.”
 
Hyosung looked up at her friend. She stared at his flawless face. She wanted to say she wasn’t okay. That she was scared - scared of what was going to happen next. Was Daehyun going through some family troubles? Was that why he had distanced himself? Or was he having second thoughts about their relationship? Was he going to leave her? Did he... love someone else? 
 
“I’m fine, Himchan.” she faked, yet, another smile. “I’m just tired. School is so stressful.” She reached out to grab a fry from his plate, for she had finished hers, but was stopped by Himchan’s hand on hers. “Yah! Move your hand.” she playfully spoke, her voice dripping with forcefulness. “Just one, please?” She pouted.
 
“Are you sure? Are you positive?” he asked, his voice as serious as ever. He glanced straight into Hyosung’s puppy-like eyes; “Are you really sure there is nothing bothering you? Is it really just school?”
 
Hyosung stiffened. I lied, Himchan. I’m not okay, she thought of saying, but instead she gave him a nod, followed by an "I’m sure”.
 
 
     A few minutes had passed and it was a little past 11 pm. Himchan and Hyosung had left the eatery just a few seconds before and they were now walking - to nowhere in particular; they were just walking to wherever their feet would take them, which so happened to be the Han River. 
 
The city’s lights were twinkling on Seoul’s buildings, and the Han River was adorned with pretty lights.
 
“I remember coming here with you... back in middle school, remember?” 
 
Hyosung glanced at the boy beside her. His face was radiating the city’s lights, perfectly contrasting his features. He looked flawless, no lie. “Mm. I remember.”
 
“And you almost fell in that one time. God, you scared the out of me.” Himchan playfully pushed Hyosung towards the railing; “I was going to save you, but you were running away from me. I tried to catch up, and that’s when he came to the rescue.”
 
“Wh-”
 
“Daehyun,” Himchan hissed, almost as if in anger. 
 
Hyosung quieted down. She glanced down at the river. He was right. “Do you think that if that incident never happened... that maybe - just maybe - I wouldn’t have met him?”
 
“I-”
 
“And maybe I wouldn’t be such a mess right now.” 
 
“What?” Himchan questioned, “what do you mean?”
 
Hyosung gripped onto the railing, stopping in her tracks. “I lied, Himchan, I lied. Actually, I’m rather scared.” She faced Himchan, “He’s drifting away from me.”
 
“Drifting... away?”
 
“He no longer looks at me the same way. He no longer hugs me. It’s like I disgust him, like I have some sort of contagious disease, and if he ever touched me, I’d infect him. I’m losing him, Himchan.” It wasn’t until she had finished her speech, that she noticed she had been crying. It wasn’t until she felt her her body being swallowed by Himchan’s arms, that she noticed he was hugging her. “I-I’m scared that he doesn’t love me anymore, Himchan.”
 
Himchan caressed her hair, “Shh, it’s okay, Hyosunggie. Everything will be okay. You’ll see.” He raked a hand through her short, silky hair; “You’re not alone. You’ve got me, you’ll always have me.”
 
 
 
     Seconds, minutes, hours, and days passed, until a grand total of 2 weeks had passed. It was a warm Sunday morning, contrary to the previous cold days. Gosh, who would ever understand the weather? It was more bipolar than the word itself. 
 
Hyosung was seated at the bench near the school garden, alone. She knew it was Sunday, so there was no school, hence why she came. She wanted to be alone. She needed time to think. She needed time to get her together. And the best place - for her - was a the school’s garden. It was a peaceful place, full of blooming flowers. There were dandelions, tulips, and her favorite, roses. 
 
Who would’ve thought flowers could be so calming? Surely not her.
 
She picked up a rose, wincing so suddenly when she felt a sting on her thumb. She quickly took a look at it, noticing the trickle of blood that waddled down her thumb.
 
“Ouch,” she mumbled to herself, placing the rose down on the bench, and examining her injured finger. “I guess even the most beautiful things hurt you, right?” she glanced over at the rose on her left side; “Just like Daehyun. His love is like a red rose...” she paused, “it’ll prick me with its thorns someday.”
 
She slumped back on the bench, grabbing the rose between her hands, once again. She stared at it. It’s beautiful, red color, that matched her thumb (which, still, was bleeding), taking in it's radiating beauty. 
 
“And if that’s the case, then I must stop this beforehand. Before I fall in deeper. Before I can’t escape. Before... it’s too late.” she stood up, dusting her bottom. She knew what she was about to do. And in all honestly, all though she was sure it was the right thing to do, she wasn’t so confident - not at all.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so as you noticed, this one shot has a 2nd part...
which, now that I think about it, makes this into a two shot (or three shot).. idk, tbh.
But please do await the next update~ it'll clearly explain this vomit chapter.
Sorry if this & sorry for the lack of updates.. asjdaskgdhasd. 
don't hate me, pls.