Rose: part 2

DaeHyo one-shots. [Daehyun and Hyosung]

 

 
A/N: So basically this starts back from when Hyosung & Himchan went to eat out. Okay, just saying. I don't want to confuse you guys :3
 
2 weeks earlier:
 
     Hyosung waved goodbye to Himchan who did the same. 
 
“See you at school, Hyo!” the bunny-teethed feller grinned, flailing his hand back and forth in a waving manner; “Don’t you dare skip. Oh?”
 
Hyosung jutted her lower lip out, pouting; “Yah! You know me, I wouldn’t ever skip!”
 
“Lies, but whatever Hyo,” he shoo-ed her counter-attack away, taking a step towards her front gate. “And go to bed early, too!”
 
“What are you now? My dad?”
 
Himchan chuckled, making his way out of Hyosung’s yard so that he was now standing on the outer side of her front lawn; “That’s right, daughter, now get to bed.”
 
“Tch, I heard you the first time, appa.” Hyosung replied back, sending him a smile before she disappeared into her house. 
 
And once she was inside her house, she flopped on the living room couch where her mom was lazily slouched, eyes glued to the TV that, at the moment, had on a cheesy drama.
 
“Umma,” Hyosung coo-ed as she removed a strand of hair from her mother’s face; “I’m home.”
 
The elder women turned to face her daughter, “Where have you been, hun? Out with Daehyunnie? Wah, why didn’t he come in and greet me?” 
 
“He... I wasn’t with Dae, umma. I was out with Himchan.”
 
“With Channie?”
 
Hyosung nodded, “What other Himchan is there?”
 
“Is he still here? God, I haven’t seen him in ages. Where has he been hiding? Why doesn’t he come anymore? Doesn’t he miss me?” Ms. Jun blabbered on, and on, about Himchan until Hyosung interrupted her.
 
“Mom, mom, chill.” she spoke up, finally intervening in her mother’s bombarding questions; “He’s gone. He had to get back home quickly, but I’ll invite him over tomorrow.”
 
Ms. Jun nodded, patting her daughter’s shoulder; “Yeah, you do that. Tell him I’ll be waiting for him.”
 
“I will,”
 
“Alright, well go on and get some sleep. It’s late and I don’t want you to oversleep.” Ms. Jun patted Hyosung’s behind as her daughter stood up, mumbling a mere ‘I heard it from Himchan awhile ago, no need to remind me, umma.’
 
 
     The next day Hyosung was awoken by her phone ringing to SHINee’s ‘Dream Girl’. She mumbled a curse, reaching over to her nightstand to get ahold of her cell phone. And once she did, she immediately answered the phone not even bothering to check the caller ID, for she was beyond tired.
 
“Y-Yeobuseyo?” she managed to croak out, her voice still hoarse from her slumber. 
 
“Hyosung, are you not going to school today?” It was Daehyun.
 
Hyosung rubbed her head, messing her hair up even more than it already was; “What are you talk-”
 
“It’s already 7:30, Hyosung.” 
 
“Holy , really?!” she blurted out, fully opening her eyes and looking at her alarm clock that read exactly 7:30. “Aish, I over-slept. Nooooo!!!” Hyosung leaped off her bed, falling on her pale white carpet; “I’m so late!” 
 
She subconsciously forgot all about her cell phone as she sprinted for her bathroom, cursing over and over again. 
 
     Once she was done showering, changing into her uniform, putting on some light makeup, she made a run for it. She was halfway out the house when she remembered her phone (and how she had left Daehyun hanging on-line while she rushed to get ready) so she did a U turn and ran back upstairs to her room, picked up her phone, and sprinted on out of her house.
 
“God, I’m so late.” Hyosung puffed her cheeks out as she ran, her heart pounding in her chest like she was running a marathon. She glanced at the time on her phone and, as if instinct, her limbs sped up. 
 
 
     Hyosung huffed and puffed. She was extremely tired. Who wouldn’t be if they ran half a mile to school in less than 8 minutes?
 
“Ms. Jun Hyosung,” Mrs. Kwon, her English teacher, hissed as the said girl entered her class, cheeks red, and hair a mess, “why are you late?”
 
Hyosung slightly bowed her head; “I over-slept, Mrs. Kwon.”
 
“This is the 3rd time this month, Hyosung.” Mrs. Kwon probed, “Another time and you have detention, understood?” Mrs. Kwon watched as the younger girl nodded her head, bowing slightly, then making her way towards her seat. “Okay, class, now that that problem was resolved, let’s continue with Lesson 8: Transportation.” 
 
Mrs. Kwon started writing on the white board, but Hyosung silenced her off; instead she focused on the two students in front of her who were happily whispering to one another and giggling. 
 
She knew she shouldn’t be jealous. She knew better than that, but everything inside her exploded the moment she saw Jieun take ahold of Daehyun’s hand under the table. She waited for Daehyun to pull away. For him to look surprised. For him to look angered... but that didn’t happen; instead, he held her hand back, smiling oh so sweetly at her.
 
And at that moment, hell, she was pissed. She pushed out of her seat, startling the whole class, including Daehyun and Jieun, who quickly let go of each other in a blink of an eye.
 
“Hyosung, what is it?” Mrs. Kwon asked in English. “Is something the matter?”
 
The whole class looked at Mrs. Kwon and Hyosung. 
 
“What is she saying?” a girl asked her friend.
The friend shrugged, “I don’t know. I’ve only been in this class for a few days. How am I suppose to know?”
“Whatever, you know you’ve been here since the beginning of the year. It’s just that you’ve always skipped. Liar.”
 
Hyosung ignored the girls’ arguments and instead turned to her teacher. She understood English perfectly, since her father was half American, anyway. So she replied back with ease.
 
“May I be excused to go to the restroom. I- I don’t feel so good.”
 
Mrs. Kwon narrowed her eyes at Hyosung, but nodded nonetheless; “Alright, go. But hurry, please.”
 
Hyosung nodded, clenching her jaw as she made eye-to-eye contact with Daehyun. He had on a worried expression, eyes furrowed and a glint of sadness in his eyes as if saying ‘I’m sorry’. So Hyosung quickly avoided his gaze, strutting towards the classroom door. And as she took a step out the classroom, she made her way to the bathroom.
 
“I need to clear my mind. Maybe I was just imagining things, right?” she talked to her reflection in the mirror. “They weren’t holding hands... T-They were just passing each other some food. Yeah, food, cause you know how Daehyun loves food. That fatty.” 
 
She leaned down on the sink, splashing her face with lukewarm water; “You need to stop over-thinking things, Hyosung. I’m sure it’s nothing.”
 
     When lunch time came, Hyosung rushed off towards Daehyun’s desk which was right in front of her (of course). She sleazily wrapped her arms around his waist from behind, causing him to jump.
 
“Daehyunnie~ are you ready to go to lunch? Are we going out to a cafe today? Oh, oh, maybe we should go to the new Mexican eatery that barely opened up near m-”
 
“Sorry Hyosung, I can’t. Maybe some other day. I have to work on an essay that’s due today, so I was planning on doing it during lunch.” he replied apologetically. “I’m sorry.”
 
Hyosung shook her head, her arms dropping to her side; “It’s fine.” she tossed him a soft smile.
 
“Well, I gotta go. Bye!” he walked past her, slightly brushing his hand against Hyosung. 
 
And with that, he was gone, leaving behind a pouting Hyosung alone.
 
She looked down at his, now, empty seat, and sighed to herself. Why are you being like this Daehyun? Please stop... because the more you avoid me, the more I hurt. Please... just stop. she thought of saying, but what escaped her lips was something totally different; “Okay, bye, Daehyun. Maybe we can go out later... you know? Like the old times.” 
 
“Hyosung? Hey, who are you talking to?”
 
Hyosung rapidly wiped the tear that, somehow, managed to fall down her cheek; “Huh? Oh, no, no one. You know me, I’m weird.” she let out a croaky chuckle, smiling up at Himchan who, all though he nodded, didn’t buy her lame excuse at all.
 
He knew her too well. He knew she was hurting, but he didn’t want to probe her any longer. 
 
“So why are you here?” Hyosung asked as the two exited the empty classroom, entering the bustling hallway that was packed with hungry students that were rushing to the cafeteria or to their cars so that they can eat out. She was hastily pushed back by a girl, who muttered an apology. “It’s okay,” she replied. 
 
Himchan eyed his friend, “I saw Daehyun heading to the library so I thought you’d be alone... and yeah, I was right.” He wrapped his hand around her wrist, pushing past the bunch of students who were blocking their way; “Come on.”
 
“Where?”
 
“To eat. Where else?” he asked in an obvious tone, finally exiting the school building with his hand still around Hyosung’s wrist. “Where do you wanna go? I was thinking about that new Mexican eatery near your house-”
 
“You what?” Hyosung blurted out, pulling her hand away from his grip; “No way, we can’t.”
 
Himchan looked at her with a questioning expression, “Why not?”
 
“Because... uh, you know how you get after you eat Mexican food. Heh,” she carefully spoke. “The whole... err, gas situation...”
 
“What?” he asked, still lost.
 
Hyosung sighed, “For heaven sakes, Channie. You know what I’m talking about. About how gassy you get when you eat Mexican food.” 
 
“O-oh!!” Himchan laughed, getting slightly pink; “Yeah, uh, err... then what about... a simple cafe?”
 
“Yes! Let’s go get some bubble tea~!” Hyosung grinned, taking ahold of Himchan’s hand unconsciously as she dashed towards Himchan’s car. “It’s on you, though!”
 
Himchan pouted as he was being dragged; “Awh, no fair! I always pay!”
 
 
     It was at least somewhere around 1 pm and Himchan and Hyosung were barely finished with their lunch. And it wasn’t until they got in the car, that Hyosung noticed the time.
 
“Bwoh? It’s already 1:05?” she gasped; “Himchan, our lunch break was over like 30 minutes ago~”
 
Himchan face-palmed himself; “I'm going to get in so much trouble.”
 
You? What about me? Mrs. Kwon is so giving me detention after school. UGH!” she groaned, slouching down in the passenger’s seat with a pout; “I’m dead.”
 
“What if... we skip the rest of the day and go back when school’s over to get our stuff?” 
 
Hyosung shot Himchan a queer look. “What? And get in even more trouble? No way, not happening. We better go now and assume the consequences.”
 
“And if you get detention, then I shall too. We’re in this together, okay?” he grinned, raising his hand so Hyosung could give him a high-five, and once she did, he grinned like a little kid getting a lollipop.
 
“Together,” she smiled.
 
Himchan nodded, starting the car. He took a glance at Hyosung who was also smiling at him. And without even wanting it to happen, he felt his stomach churn and swirl with what felt like butterflies. He quickly glanced away, focusing on the road. No Himchan... you can’t like your bestfriend. She likes someone else... besides you don’t want to ruin your special friendship with her, now, do you? he questioned himself as he drove.
 
 
     Hyosung groaned in annoyance as she laid her head on the desk, closing her eyes. She was seriously bored, tired, exhausted, sleepy, and hungry. 
 
She was in Mrs. Kwon’s room serving detention for being late, while Himchan was let off. 
 
“Tch, jerk,” Hyosung mumbled to herself, “I thought we were in this together.” She let out, yet, another groan, making Mrs. Kwon look up from the book she was reading.
 
“Is there something wrong, Hyosung?” the teacher asked in English.
 
Hyosung looked at her, sitting up straight; “Actually, Mrs. Kim, there is... Uh, can I go now? Please! I promise I won’t be late ever, ever, ever again. Come on, it’s already been 30 minutes, right?”
 
“It’s been 5 minutes, Hyosung.”
 
“Same thing,” Hyosung countered; “So is that a yes? Please Mrs. Kwon... I’m starving~”
 
Mrs. Kwon shook her head, “I’m sorry Hyosung, but detention is detention.” And with that, the middle aged teacher went back to reading her book without a single glance towards Hyosung.
 
Kill me now, Hyosung thought to herself, slumping her head on the desk. Eh, I guess a little nap wouldn’t hurt.
 
     The next thing Hyosung knew was being poked by Mrs. Kwon, telling her to wake up. That her 30 minutes had passed long ago and that it had now been more than an hour.
 
“Have a safe trip home, Hyosung.” Mrs. Kwon called out as Hyosung groggily exited her classroom with a mere ‘hmm’.
 
Once she stepped out the classroom, her tiredness slowly vanishing, she noted how plain and empty the hallways looked. 
 
She actually liked it better like this.
 
She smiled to herself, stuffing her hands into her blazer’s pockets. She hummed to Lee Hi’s ‘Rose’, moving her hand to the rhythm. It was indeed a beautiful song - in her opinion, at least.
 
 
     Five days passed and it was still the same between Daehyun and Hyosung. They were still distant, but they managed to make time for each other, (mainly at school only).
 
It was lunch time, yet again, and Hyosung was on her way out of the classroom to meet up with Himchan when she was stopped by Daehyun.
 
“Where are you going, Hyosung?”
 
“Lunch.” she replied back, her tone of voice rather cold.
 
Daehyun gripped onto her uniform sleeve, “Wanna go out and get some bubble tea la-”
 
“Hyo, you ready? I heard this new Vietnamese eatery opened up close-by. They have bubble tea, too, so don’t worry.” Himchan was heard as he entered the classroom, but he stopped once he saw Hyosung and Daehyun looking his way, with Jieun in the back, packing her stuff into her bag. “I... uh, did I interrupt something?”
 
“Yes, actually, you di-”
 
“No, you didn’t, Himchan hyung.” Daehyun cut Hyosung off, “It wasn’t anything important. You two go on ahead. I have some assignments to do, anyway.” He then left the classroom, followed by Jieun who soon caught up to him in the hallway.
 
Hyosung watched in disappointment as he scattered into the mix of students in the hallway. Great, she sighed.
 
“Sorry, Hyo. I didn’t know.” Himchan’s voice brought her back to Earth. 
 
“It’s fine, Channie. I guess it really wasn’t anything important. Now what Viet eatery were you talking about? They have bubble tea, you say?”
 
 
     Once Hyosung and Himchan had gotten back to the school (early, for once), they made their way to the cafeteria, where they parted ways. Himchan went over to his friend Yongguk, who waved a small hi at Hyosung.
 
“Where’s she going?” Yongguk asked once Himchan sat down beside him, setting his bubble tea on the table.
 
“Who? Oh, Hyo? She’s going to the library to get a book for her upcoming English test. I think,” he said, glancing back at Hyosung’s retreating figure.
 
As Hyosung made her way to the library, she sung to some random song she had heard earlier that day on Himchan’s radio. 
 
She entered the library, greeting the librarian, Mrs. Lee, with a smile. 
 
“Need some help looking for something, hun?”
 
Hyosung shook her head; “Nothing specific. I’ll just take a look around.”
 
And with that, she left towards the shelves at the back of the library where hardly anyone went. She was busily looking at the books, trying to pick out the best one that could help her study when a pair of hushed voices distracted her from doing so. 
 
“Hold on, no, this isn’t right.” 
 
Hyosung scrunched her nose; “Ew. Who’s back here making out?” She slowly moved closer to the voices, a book in her hand. She was about to ignore the voices, since they had stopped and she didn’t want to seem like a creep, but curiosity over-took her.
 
When she finally found the owners of the voices, though, she regretted it, for it was none other than Daehyun and Jieun, sitting together in a quiet corner. 
 
Daehyun was sitting criss-crossed while Jieun was supporting herself on his thighs, her face nearly an inch away from his.
 
“Why are you doing this, Jieun?”
 
The red-headed girl smiled ever so softly, “I like you, Daehyun. Is that enough answer? I like you. I really do. And I don’t care if you have Hyosung already. We can always date behind her back, right? Just like we’ve been doing these past weeks-”
 
Hyosung gasped, not loud enough though, for the red-headed girl continued to speak.
 
“Tell me, Daehyunnie, what do you say?” 
 
Daehyun was quiet. He opened his mouth, ready to speak when Jieun suddenly attacked his lip, sending them both tumbling to the ground with her on top of him.
 
Run away, Hyosung. No.. y-you can’t see this! Run!!  she mentally screamed at herself, but still made no movement. Her muscles wouldn’t budge, that was, until she was pulled into a warm hug. 
 
She didn’t needn’t look to know whose arms she was in, for she knew them oh so well. 
 
“It’s okay Hyo, you have me. Like I said, we’re in this together. Share your pain with me, come on; don’t hold back.” And just like that, Himchan’s words sprung a leak in Hyosung’s heart and she immediately started crying, her tears falling onto his uniform blazer, and her wails muffled by his chest. 
 
She felt hopeless, stupid, and extremely, extremley hurt - like she had been prickled in the heart by a rose's thorn.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so this was part 2
whic h means part 3 is up next (and hopefully the last part otl idk yet)
& Oh, just t be clear, the next part will start at the part where Hyo was at the school's garden. 
like idk if you guys will hate me for the confusing one shot but like idk. I had to xD
asdjkashdaksjaksak. I dont wanna make Jieunnie le bad girl *cries*