By my side.

DaeHyo one-shots. [Daehyun and Hyosung]





    Hyosung covered as she laughed, her eyes almost starting to water from joy. She was enjoying her day, laughing at Daehyun's shocked face. She knew they had attracted attention from all the people around the ice cream shop, but she couldn't care less.

"Yah..it's not that funny," Daehyun frowned, wiping his ice cream covered face with a napkin. "You're attracting people's attention, pabo."

Hyosung continued to laugh, taking another napkin and reaching over the table to carefully wipe the ice cream off of Daehyun's face.
"Ta-dah~ all clean." She smiled with a wink.

"Hmph. Don't think you'll get away with it." He warned, playfully glaring at her with a frown.

Hyosung stuck out her toungue. "Whatever you s-"

She was speaking, only to be cut off my Daehyun's phone. She watched as his frown turned into a smile, making that cute baby fat under his eyes be more noticeable.

"Hey," He answered with the sweetest tone. Hyosung cringed, clutching her purse closer to her body. She knew very well who he was talking to, she could obviously tell by his tone of voice and that endearing smile. The same look in his eyes that he always had when he talked to that one person; Ailee.

"Eh, nothing. I'm just, you know, bored." Daehyun said, emphasizing the word bored and chuckling afterwards. It made Hyosung's heart ache. She knew he just said that without actually meaning it, but still it hurt. She then ignored him--more like tried to ignore him--by staring out the window at the passing cars.

    After he was done talking to Ailee--his ex girlfriend who just bothered him every once in a while--he smiled at Hyosung. She just blankly stared at him, detesting that look in his eyes. They were full of mixed feelings, yet, the hope in his eyes was clearly seen and honestly, she hated it.

Hyosung sighed, standing up from her seat at the table.
"I-I have to go," She said in a stutter, clutching tight onto her purse.

"Why?" Daehyun asked, knitting his eyebrows.

"I need to go run some errands, but you'll be fine. You're going to see her, right?" She asked, sounding colder than she intended to sound.

Daehyun looked down, fittling around with his hands. "She asked me to meet her later. Jay and her are in an argument, again." He mumbled.

"Mm, and you agreed huh? Why?" The words slipped out of Hyosung's mouth. She cringed, not wanting to sound hurt all though she obviously was.

"Because she needs me and I-I still-"

"Love her, yeah. I know." She said, biting her bottom lip. She shook her head, letting out a soft sigh as she started to walk away.

"Wait, Hyosung." Daehyun called, instinctively gripping onto her wrist. "Are you mad?"

Hyosung fought against her tears. She couldn't cry, not now. She would attract attention, even more attention than they already had; but mostly because she wanted to be strong in front of Daehyun. She loved him, yes, but if the feelings weren't mutual then why try? He already loved someone--someone who was always getting in between Daehyun and her, even though she was nowhere near them.

"L-let's talk some other time, Daehyun. I really have to go." She said in a soft tone, pulling her arm away from Daehyun as she walked out of the ice cream shop.


    Once she had arrived at her house, she slumped down in bed. She had lied to him, telling him that she had errands to run, when in reality she just wanted to leave. She can't watch the man she loves love someone else who just uses him whenever she wants to. Ailee already had a boyfriend--Jay Park--but there she was, still flirting with Daehyun. She hurt Daehyun by cheating on him, yet she still calls him saying that he's her best friend. And Daehyun, the idiot who runs to her side, thinking that maybe--just maybe--one day she'll go back out with him. But Hyosung knew how sneeky Ailee was. She just wanted one thing--which was to have every men head over heels for her--and she was very good at getting what she wanted.

"I don't like her, I just don't." Hyosung uttered, closing her eyes as she thought about Ailee's face. Even though she hated to admit it, she knew Ailee was a gorgeous girl; a girl who got whatever she wanted, no matter what--whether there were any consequences or not.

She was then startled by her phone. Her heart immediately yearned for it to be him; for him to tell her that he cancelled his meeting with Ailee. But all her hope collapsed when she saw her cousin's name on the screen.

"Yeobuseyo," Hyosung answered, her voice sounding rather disappointed. She bit her bottom lip when she heard her cousin's sigh.

"Yah..what's wrong now ?" Hana, her cousin, asked.

Hyosung ruffled her hair, throwing her pillow at her wall as she let out a scream.

"Is it Daehyun?"

Hyosung bawled her fists. Just hearing that name made her angry and frustrated. "Yeah."

"What happened? You guys were doing so well, I even heard that you two were seen on a date at the ice cream shop next door from where I work at." Hana said through the phone and even though Hyosung couldn't see her, she knew she had a raised brow--full of curiosity.

"We were there, until-"

"Until what? Aish, don't tell me that Ailee called him?" Hana asked, raising her voice. "Aish, that girl, seriously. Can't she just leave him alone?"

Hyosung blinked back her frustrated tears, "It's not his fault though. He can't control who he's in love with."

"But Hyosun-"

"Hana, I'm tired. I-I'll talk to you tomorrow." Hyosung said, cutting Hana off. She then hung up, not wanting to hear anything else Hana had to say about Daehyun and Ailee. She has had enough for a day, now all she wants to do is sleep; sleep the pain away--and that's exactly what she did. She set her phone on her nightstand, taking her shoes off and pulling her bed covers over her whole body--falling asleep almost instantly.



                                                                                  **********


    Ugh. It was Monday, which meant back to work. And work meant having to wake up early, having to deal with snobby customers, and not eating until lunch time; that right there made Hyosung so depressed. She was always snacking on something and since she worked as a hair stylist, there were no snacks aloud. They didn't allow snacks of food near any customers cause when they used to, some idiot-girl accidentally got it in a customers' hair and yeah, like that happens.

"Same , different day." Hyosung told herself, picking up her phone from the kitchen counter as she exited her house. She was ready--for work, not for the day--but you know, it is what it is.

    As she arrived at work, her phone rang. She quickly checked the caller I.D, guessing that it might be Hana. But the name that popped up caused her to ignore the call. She couldn't talk to him. Not now, not yet--she just wasn't ready.

"I'm sorry Daehyun, I-I just can't. Mianhae," She mumbled to herself, putting her phone in her pocket as she entered Younha's Hair Stylings  where she worked.

She worked until the afternoon, seeing familiar faces every once in a while. She loved those customers who came only when she worked, for they said that they loved how she cut hair. She was one of the shops' best hair dressers, whether it was for cutting hair or dyeing it. She was the one who trended purple hair, anyway--back when she used to have it like that. Now she has short, caramel-brown colored hair.

Hyosung gave her regular customer a gummy smile, "Anytime Hyorin-ssi, just remember to not put to much heat on it when you use a straightener. So it's better to use some heat protector, just to be safe. Arasseo?"

"Omo~ You always know what's best for my hair. Thanks so much Hyosung-ssi. I'll be sure to take care of it~ I'll be coming back for my hightlights, mm?" Hyorin smiled, raising a brow as she finished her question.

"Mm. Come in anytime Monday through Friday at this time, I'll be here." Hyosung said.

Hyorin smiled at her, thanking her over and over again as she exited the shop. Hyosung chuckled as she saw Hyorin leave the shop while touching her hair.

"Just wait, she'll upload a picture on facebook in a while." Ji Eun said from behind Hyosung, making her gasp in shock. "Did I scare you?" Ji Eun asked with a smile.

Hyosung gave her a weird look, "Pshhh, no. I was just acting, duh."

"Mm. Sure, whatever you say unnie~" Ji Eun sing-songed as she stuck her tongue out at her older friend.

Hyosung gasped, dramatically holding her chest. "Hurtfull."

"Wow unnie, you're so childish."

"Am not," Hyosung countered.

Ji Eun shook her head with a laugh, walking over to the empty counter. "Time to go, our shift is now over~"

"Jinjja? It's already 7?" Hyosung asked, her eyes widening. "Dang. Today went by so fast."


    After Hyosung dropped Ji Eun off at her apartment, she went to the mall to meet her annoying, but helpful cousin, Hana. She parked her car at the mall parking lot and entered the mall, her eyes scanning around the huge building. She knew she wasn't going to find Hana right away, cause once that girl is in the mall, she can't stay still. She goes around the whole mall, shopping for new clothes.

"Aish," Hyosung sighed, pulling her phone out from her bag. She dialed Hana's phone and waited for the silly girl to pick up. "Yah...what's taking this girl so long?"

"Yeobuseyo? Ah, Hyosunggie~ What's up?" Hana asked in the calmest voice ever.

"Where are you? You told me to meet you at the mall entrance and you're no where to be found." Hyosung scolded her cousin, nearly yelling at her.

She heard Hana's laugh, "Sorry Hyo."

"Sorry? Aish, that's all you can ever say." Hyosung shook her head. "Where are you now?"

There was silence for a few seconds before she heard Hana's voice.

"I'm buying a milkshake. It's at the little cafe right next to that one weird store, you know...the one for adults?" Hana said, almost sounding like she asked a question.

"Neh, I know. I'll be there, and don't move. Arasseo?"

"Okay, okay. I won't leave, I have to order my milkshake anyway." Hana said.

"You better not," Hyosung said before she hung up. She then put her phone back in her bag and made her way to Star Cafe.


    Once Hyosung had made her way towards Star Cafe in search for Hana, she smiled. Her eyes traveled to a familiar face that was standing beside Hana.

"H-Himchan?" Hyosung stuttered, not sure if it was him or not.

The said guy, Himchan, turned around at his name being called. His ulzzang-like features brightening up as he saw Hyosung.

"Hyosunggie?" He asked with a half smile.

Hyosung bobbed her head up, a cheerful laugh escaping her lips.

"Yes sir," She said, saluting him as he walked towards her. He engulfed her in a warm, yet suffocating hug.

"I missed you so much," He whispered in her ear.

Hyosung looked up to meet his eyes, "So did I, Oppa."

They then stopped once they heard a fake cough; Of course it was Hana.

Hyosung rolled her eyes, "Jealous?"

"Pshh, whatever. You two can hug all you want. I don't care." Hana replied, scoffing as she finished her last sentence.

Himchan smirked, letting go of Hyosung as he walked over to Hana.
"Baby, you know I only love you." He said, gazing into her eyes. Hana blushed, trying to hide her smile but failed big time when Himchan leaned in to kiss her cheek.

"Wahhh~ You two are so cute!" Hyosung spazzed as Hana laughed. "I'm so jealous." She pouted, faking a sob as she walked towards the couple.

Himchan raised a brow, a teasing smile forming on his face.
"What about your Daehyun?" He asked.

Hyosung suddenly froze, her eyes glued to the floor. Hearing that name made her body shiver. She had gone all day without thinking of him, but Himchan's derpy-self had to ruin it all. Hana sighed, stepping on Himchan's foot.

"Aya! What was that for?" Himchan pouted, glaring down at Hana. "Why'd you step on m-"

"He's not mine," Hyosung mumbled softly, interrupting Himchan's whining. She looked up, giving Hana and Himchan a weak smile.

Hana shook her head, "Thanks a lot, Himchan."

"Mianhae Hyo, I-I didn't mean to." Himchan apologized, a sincere look in his eyes as he stared at Hyosung.

She cracked a smile, letting her radiant gums show. "Ani. It's fine. You didn't know, but enough about that. Let's get some cookies, I'm hungry."

Hana diverted her eyes from Hyosung's retreating figure, staring up at her boyfriend.
"She's hurting. A lot ." She said.

"Is Daehyun blind or what? Can't he see Hyo's feelings for him?" Himchan asked, anger in his voice.

Hana shook her head, a sad smile adorning her face as she started walking.
"He is. He's blinded; blinded by Ailee and his stupid love for her."

"Yah..that's not even love. It's like-"

"Hurry up, slow-pokes. I'm dying of hunger here, do you not care?" Hyosung yelled from afar, her hands on her hips as she pouted.

No you're not pabo. You're dying of something else, and it has absolutely nothing to do with food. Hana thought as she fakely smiled at Hyosung, holding onto Himchan's hand. She rested her head on his shoulder as they walked towards her cousin, "Coming. Don't rush us, woman!



                                                                                           **********


    It has been three weeks. Three weeks of intense work, three weeks of hanging out with Hana and Himchan, three weeks of avoiding Daehyun. She's been ignoring his calls, deleting his texts, hiding from him when she's at home or elsewhere. She doesn't know why herself, she just doesn't want to see him. She doesn't want to see him after what she saw the day after she went to the mall with Hana and Himchan.

-- Hyosung clapped her hands as she laughed. She couldn't help but laugh at Himchan's weird mato-language that he spoke. He said he only spoke it with his friends back in America.

"And were your friends back in America as weird as you?" Hyosung asked, biting her bottom lip to keep her from laughing. However, she failed when she saw Himchan's derpy glare so she bursted out laughing.

Himchan pouted, shaking Hana's arm.
"Honey~ tell her to stop calling me weird! It's mean."

"Himchan-chan, why would I tell her to stop when she's speaking the truth?" Hana asked in a serious tone but then laughed, causing Himchan to pout.

"You two are so immature and mean," He said, crossing his arms.

Hyosung laughed even more, "Says the guy who still sleeps with a night-light."

"Yah! I- Aish, you're so mean." Himchan pouted, giving Hyosung the silent treatement.

"Oppa, I was just playing." Hyosung said, her voice sounding apologetic. She put the glasses she had in her hands down and walked over to Himchan. "Himchannie~ Mianhae."

He looked at her from the corner of his eye, a smile soon appearing on his face.

"All is forgiven, but as for you," He said, pointing at Hana. "You're punishment is to dance for me, ." He smirked, his lips afterwards.

Hana chocked on air as Himchan and Hyosung laughed.

"You're so erted!" Hana gasped, playfully hitting his chest.

Himchan winked at her, leaning in to kiss her but Hyosung quickly interrupted them when she dropped an glass vase on the floor. Her eyes seemed lost, like as if she had seen the devil himself.

Hana cocked a brow, walking towards Hyosung.
"Hyo, gwaenchana? What's wrong?" She asked while Himchan scrunched down to study the broken vase pieces on the floor.

"You know you could've gotten hurt," Himchan scolded as he stood up from the floor. "I'll go call an employee to come and help. Don't worry I'll pay for it."

Hana nodded her head as she waved Himchan off, her mind focused on Hyosung. She was about to speak when she followed Hyosung's gaze. Hana's mouth dropped open, her insides boiling with anger. She then turned her attention to her cousin, Hyosung, who's eyes were watery.

"Hyosung.." Hana whispered, her gaze falling back on Daehyun and Ailee who were holding hands as they kissed. "That ing . How dare she seduce Daehyun? Just wait here Hyo, I'll go teach them a lesson-"

"Hana," Hyosung whispered, her voice sounding rasp and heavy. She took a hold of Hana's wrist, her tears already falling. "It hurts."

"Oh Hyo," Hana gasped as she pulled her cousin in for a comforting hug. She bit her bottom lip. She absolutely hated seeing her cousin cry. She rubbed Hyosung's back, not being able to hold back her own tears at the sound of her cousin's cries--so she too, cried. She cried while hugging Hyosung, not caring one bit if people saw them; all she cared for was her cousin.

    
    When Himchan got back, some employees behind him, he frowned. He hated seeing Hyosung cry, let alone his own girlfriend. He motioned for the employees to pick up the broken pieces of the vase as he walked over to Hyosung and Hana.

"Uljima. Please don't cry." He whispered as he put his arms around Hana who had her arms around Hyosung; so basically it was a three-way hug. He sighed softly, clearing his throat as he thanked the employees for cleaning up the mess.

    Then, after some time, he walked Hana and Hyosung out of the mall. He then drove them back to Hyosung's house. He watched as Hana helped Hyosung up to her room. Both of them with swollen, red and puffy eyes.--


    Hyosung jumped at the sound of her doorbell. She slowly got up from her bed, walking downstairs to open the front door.

Can't the world just go away?  She asked herself as she opened the door, forgetting to check who it was. "How may I help yo-"

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

Hyosung mentally cursed at herself for not checking to see who it was before opening the door. Her heartbeat accelerated as she looked up, gazing into those intense eyes.

"Are you just going to stay quiet?"

Hyosung closed her eyes, feeling dry all of a sudden. So even if she wanted to speak, she wouldn't be able to. She felt his warm hand on her shoulder, making her eyes flutter open, staring with amusement at him; Daehyun.

"Why have you been avoiding me, Hyo? I missed you like craz-"

"And why would you miss me?" Hyosung asked with anger and disappointment in her tone at the same time. Her eyes gazed into his, making her eyes watery in no time.

Daehyun raised a brow, reaching to caress Hyosung's face but she smacked his hand away.

"Don't touch me. Y-You jerk. Why would you touch me with those hands?" She asked, making Daehyun even more confused. "Those nasty hands that have touched Ailee."

"What are you-"

"I saw you, Daehyun. I saw you and Ailee at the mall." She mumbled, tears already falling down her cheeks. "Why would you kiss her? Why?"

Daehyun stayed quiet, his eyes looking at the picture frames on the wall. His insides churned at the memories he has had with Hyosung, his best friend. All those pictures on the wall were of him and her--along with pictures of her parents--but mostly it was them two. He gulped, looking back down at Hyosung. Her head was hung low and he could hear her low cries. His heart ached. He hated it when she cried, especially if it was for a guy--in which this case, it was for him.

"Hyosung," He said. "I'm sorry for not noticing this before but I think I love you."

Hyosung's heart pumped faster. Just hearing those three words in one sentence directed at her, made her heart flutter; but he added the word think so it really meant nothing. Is he even sure?

"And as for the kiss. She gave it to me, I-I was just comforting her when she abruptly kissed me. Trust me, I knew that I felt something special from you ever since the night I found out Ailee cheated on me. Sure, I wasn't clear on what it was that I felt, but I knew it was something more than just friendship." He said, pausing to take a long breath. "I was going to confess, but Ailee came back and my mind got all messed up. I'm sorry for hurting you."

Hyosung blinked back her tears, she didn't want to cry anymore. She knew Daehyun wasn't lying by the tone of his voice; it was sincere.

"Did you know how much it hurt?" She asked, her eyes getting watery again by just speaking. "I was always there for you. It hurt to see you cry for someone who wasn't worth it. It hurt to see the hope in your eyes whenever you spoke about her. It hurt to see you always be there for her, but whenever I needed you..you weren't there. It hurt to see you cancel our plans because you had to be there for her. It hurt to see you kiss her. It hurts to see the person you love, love someone else. I-It hurts, a-a lot." She stuttered, clamping her hands over her face as she began to cry once again.

Daehyun frowned, pulling Hyosung in for a hug by instinct. He patted her back softly, clearing his throat as he sang into her ear in a whisper.

Honestly, I am not a good person.
I am really a jerk.
Me who couldn't be a real man, I am like this only now babe.
Like a fool, Like a coward, I couldn't tell you I loved you


He stopped singing when he felt Hyosung's soft hands on his face, warming his face up.

"Stop, please." She whispered in a hushed voice.

Daehyun blinked twice, putting his hand over Hyosung's hand and bringing it close to his chest, letting her feel his heartbeat. It was beating at an abnormal pace, making Hyosung stiffen.

"You feel that? It beats just for you. And if you leave, it might as well stop beating at all." He whispered, leaning his forehead on hers, "I don't think I'll be able to live without you. Please, stay by my side."

Hyosung inhaled his smell, letting her lips come in contact with his cheek.
"Just promise me one thing?"

Daehyun mm-ed, signaling for her to continue.

"If I stay by your side, please stay by mine. I need to feel your heart beat next to mine, if not, it'll stop pumping as well." She smiled, letting Daehyun wipe her teary cheeks.

"Don't worry, I'll never let you go." He smiled, leaning down to kiss Hyosung.

And as soon as their lips came in contact with each other, everything else didn't matter. Their lips connected like a puzzle, letting them get their own rhythm. It was a soft, yet passionate kiss that was full of feelings.

Hyosung let a tear drop as she continued to kiss Daehyun, not of sadness but of joy.

I want you here forever, right here by my side. She thought, making her smile in the kiss.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ta-dah~ I've updated, and to be quite honest, I've been updating more

fruequently--which is good~ :3

Anyway, thanks for the comments!

& also thanks for subscribing!

DaeHyo/HyoDae couple is sao cute, omg! ^~^