I promise.

DaeHyo one-shots. [Daehyun and Hyosung]



    Hyosung pouted, looking over at the two people who were laughing happily. They were sitting under the tree across from her, eating lunch. She hated how a girl can come out of nowhere and then suddenly mess up her relationship with him. She closed her eyes, leaning her back on the tree she was seated under.

"Noona?"

Hyosung's eyes shot open, looking at the younger boy who's face was right in front of hers.

"Noona, what are you doing out here all alone?"

"Zelo," Hyosung smiled, pushing his face away from hers, "I'm just...not hungry."

Zelo sighed as he stood up, a silly smile adorning his face.

"Be right back, noona." He said before he ran away, going into the school.

Hyosung sighed as she watched his figure dissapear, finally glad that her younger brother was gone. She said she wasn't hungry but in reality, she was dying of hunger; she was so hungry, she could eat a horse.

Grrr.

She closed her eyes, lightly rubbing her flat stomach, "Will you be quie-"

"Noona!!!"

"What now, Zelo?" She asked in slight annoyance.

Zelo noticed her mood but he still decided to sit beside her, putting his lunch box in front of him and his sister. He winked at her as he opened it, letting the aroma of kimchi fried frice roam around the two siblings.

"Now..tell me, are you hungry?" Zelo asked with a smirk.

Hyosung felt her stomach roar in hunger, but she merely shook her head.

"No thanks, I said I wasn't hungr-"

Grrrrr.

Zelo bursted out laughing, making the two people who Hyosung was staring at a while ago, stare at them.

"Yah..stop laughing. You're attracting attention." Hyosung scolded.

"But noona, your stomach sounded like a tractor." Zelo said in between giggles.

Hyosung pouted, taking his lunch box away from him and standing up.

"Y-Yah!" Zelo yelled in slight astonishment, making Hyosung smile and run away. He grinned, running after his sister.

His plan had worked. He wanted Hyosung to be her outgoing, playfull and funny self, so he brought her something that always cheered her up; food. He knew she was feeling a little down--he didn't know from what, but she just knew that she was. He disliked it when his sister was sad, so he always went out of his ways to make her smile. He loved seeing her gummy smile--it brightened his day.


                                                                                         **********


After school:

   
    Hyosung smiled as she waved bye to a couple of her friends, accidentally making her bump into someone.

"M-Mianhae, I wasn't look-"

"It's fine, Hyosung."

Hyosung's heart skipped a full beat, making her hands tremble with nervousness as she looked up. She felt her heart waver when she saw that eye-melting smile on his  face.

"Y-Yeah," She stuttered, mentally cursing herself for doing so. "I-I have to go-"

"Hyosung." He said, interrupting her. He let his hand wrap around her wrist. "Can we hang out later?"

Hyosung felt herself smile, but then she remembered she promised to go to the mall with Zelo, so she frowned.

"I'm sorry Daehyun, but I can't. I have to go somewhere with Zelo."

Daehyun's face fell and Hyosung noticed. She sighed.

"Maybe..tomorrow?" She asked, crossing her fingers with hope.

He shook his head, "Can't. It's my family's picnic day."

Hyosung smiled with disappointment, "Then I guess-"

"Oppa~" Someone called out, cutting Hyosung off.

Hyosung frowned as she watched Hyuna link arms with Daehyun, a silly smile on her face.

"Ready to go? We need some snacks for tomorrow's picnic." She smiled cutely.

Hyosung felt her stomach churn with jealousy, but she embraced the pain and smiled.

"Well, I'll be going. Zelo's probably waiting for me. H-Have fun, you two." She said as she walked away, ignoring Daehyun calling her name.

She didn't want to make it obvious that she was jealous, all though she already did--probably. Why was Daehyun always with Hyuna now? Are they dating? She sighed, remembering the times when her and Daehyun would hang out. It all started when they became partners in class and they had to make it on an animal.

---- Hyosung frowned as she looked at the white polar bears. Her and Daehyun were at the mall, shopping for some pandas but all they saw were white ones--no pandas.

"What if we just paint them?" Daehyun asked with a sly smile.

Hyosung looked up, giving him a confused look.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Daehyun smiled, picking up a white bear. He put it in front of Hyosung's face.

"This," He said. "We paint them black so they can look like pandas. No one'll know."

Hyosung smiled, reaching up to ruffle Daehyun's milky brown hair, "You really are smart, Daehyun-ssi."

Daehyun shrugged with a smirk, "I know, and call me Daehyun. No need to be formal."

"Arasseo, Daehyun." Hyosung smiled, "Let's get this project started."


    Once they had bought the bears, the paint and everything else they needed, they went to Daehyun's house to get started with the project.

Hyosung sighed as she sat down on his study table in the living room. She looked around, seeing all the family pictures on the wall as she smiled. He seemed to be close with his family, plus, he seemed to be an only child.

"Hyosung, do you want something to drink?" Daehyun asked from the kitchen.

"Water, please." She replied.

And so, Daehyun came into the living room with two water bottles. He handed one to Hyosung and then sat beside her.

"Now, how do pandas look?" He asked.

Hyosung smiled, "I have an idea. Let's do one panda each and the one who gets it right doesn't have to work on the project for a day."

Daehyun grinned, sticking his pinky out to Hyosung--which caught her off guard.

"It's a deal, but let's promise first."

"Promise," Hyosung smiled as she laced pinkies with Daehyun. "get ready to lose."

Daehyun scoffed, pulling his pinky away from Hyosung. "As if."

Hyosung laughed, getting all the utensils to make a panda ready.


    When they each had painted their panda, they both smiled at each other. They both knew that one of them was wrong, but which one would it be?

"Ready to show me your panda, Daehyun?" Hyosung smirked.

Daehyun smiled, putting his panda in her face--which caused Hyosung to laugh.

"Mine is right, yours isn't." She said, showing him her panda.



[A/N: Gil panda is Hyosung's and Kang panda is Daehyun's :3]

Daehyun chuckled, taking out his phone as he searched for panda pictures. "Aha."

"What?" Hyosung asked with a raised brow, "Did you notice that yours in wrong?"

"Ani, yours is." He smiled, showing her his phone that had a picture of a panda.

Hyosung's mouth dropped wide open, then formed into a pout. "That's not fair."

"How?"

"C-Cause...it's not." Hyosung countered.

Daehyun smiled, "Don't worry. Nobody's perfect, except me."

Hyosung scoffed, a smile adorning her face. She knew that she had lost, but she also knew that Daehyun wasn't mean enough to let her work on the project alone.

"Conceited much?" She laughed, letting her gums shine brightly--which made Daehyun smile along.----

 


"Noona?"

Hyosung blinked, coming down from her Daehyun memory cloud. She smiled as she looked at Zelo, linking arms with him almost immediately.

"Gwaenchana? I've been calling your name for the past minute but it's like as if you were in a world of your own."

"Sorry, I-I was kind of distracted." She said with a frown, looking ahead of her.

Zelo watched as her eyes gazed towards the two people ahead of them; Daehyun and Hyuna. He didn't really know them, but he knew that Hyosung was crushing on him for he had seen a picture of him on her phone.

"Is it-"

"No, it's not him." Hyosung cut him off, "Don't worry Zelo, I'm fine."


                                                                                         **********



    It's been two months, Summer's here, school's out and it's time for Hyosung and her family to go on their family vacation to visit their grandparents in Australia.

Hyosung sighed, looking at her phone as she sat on her bed. Not only has it been a few days of rest and insane fun since there's no school, but it's been a few days of not seeing Daehyun--at all. And even though she doesn't want to admit it, she misses him.

She misses his breath-taking smile.

She misses his intense stare.

She misses his playfulness.

She misses his voice.

She misses him, Daehyun.

"Here noona, I'll take your luggage for you." Zelo smiled as he picked up his older sister's luggage. He then exited her room.

Hyosung sighed once again--it seems like all she had done this summer is sigh.

"I'm really going crazy. I'm so weird. Wh- Why do I miss you, when I probably don't even cross your mind. I'm really weird, right?" She smiled, looking at a specific picture on her phone. It was a picture of her and Daehyun with their two pandas. She then stood up, picking up the stuffed panda on her desk--which was Daehyun's. They had exchanged pandas after the project wast over.

"Noona~ we only have an hour left. Let's go get ice cream, please?" Zelo asked, peeping into Hyosung's room with a pout.

Hyosung nodded her head, sticking the panda into her shoulder bag.

"Kaja," She smiled.

Zelo grinned, "Yay~!"


    After they had their ice cream, they went to the park since Zelo planned to meet up with Jongup there before he left. Hyosung followed behind him, her feet feeling extremely tired. How could Zelo have so much energy? He was always bright and bouncy, no matter what. There was never a day you saw him sulking, unlike her.

"Jonguppie!" Zelo called out once they reached the park, running towards his best friend.

Hyosung sighed, sitting down on the swings as she watched her younger brother hand one of the two ice cream cones he had to Jongup. She smiled, taking out her panda.

"I'll miss you, will you miss me?" She asked herself out loud, staring at the little bear.

"A little."

Hyosung froze, standing up and looking intensely as the panda before her. "C-Can you..talk?"

"Maybe."

"Aish, I'm going crazy!" She yelled, ruffling her hair.

"Yeah, I think you are."

She sighed, sitting back down on the swings.

"What have you done to me, Daehyun? You've messed my head up, bad. Everywhere I see, I see you. Everywhere I go, I hear your voice." She uttered. "I don't even know why I try, since you seem to be caught up with Hyuna."

"She's my cousin, pabo."

"E-Eh, cousin? Are you sure?" She asked, shaking the bear that was in her hands. "Lies."

"I'm not lying, and why are you shaking the poor panda?"

"What do you-"

"I'm right here, you know?" Daehyun smiled at her. He was standing right in front of her, one hand on her head. "Zelo called me here."

"Zelo? Wha-"

"He told me that your leaving for Australia...are you?" He asked.

Hyosung sighed for the billionth time, nodding her head.

"And are you coming back?"

"Neh..if my parents don't decide on leving me there," She said.

Daehyun scrunched down beside her, his eyes staring into hers. "Don't."

"Don't what?" Hyosung asked.

"Don't stay there. Come back, cause if you leave we'll be strangers again and I don't want to be strangers again. You've been in my mind ever since we partnered up for the project...please, don't go." He said in a low voice.

Hyosung smiled at him, standing up and wrapping her arms around his waist, "You really know what to say, huh?"

"Didn't I tell you, I'm perfect. But really, you better come back."

Hyosung blinked twice, a smile soon adorning her face as she stared at Daehyun's pouting face.

"I'll be back, I promise. And when I'm back, I'll search for you."

Daehyun smiled, lacing his pinky with hers. "Promise?"

"I promise, Hyosung smiled.

Daehyun his lips, as if teasing her to kiss him.

Hyosung shook her head, letting a small laugh ecape her lips. She then got on her tippie toes, planting a kiss on his lips. She smiled in the kiss, letting her arms wrap themselves around his neck--as if by instinct.

 

 

************************

*bows*

I'm sorry for not updating in like, 5evar. *sighs*

I've been so caught up with school, it's not even funny. UGH.

But I updated, even though it was an egh  chapter.

--I might double update~ & thanks for subscribing and commenting!

I'm glad you liked the latest one-shot, it's by far my favorite one too;

but also expect more sad/dramatic ones in le future.

~ Until next time

Author's out, Peace ^~^