Into your world

DaeHyo one-shots. [Daehyun and Hyosung]

 

       It was a warm, breezy day. The sun was out, shinning it’s rays down on everything in it’s path, which included Hyosung who was standing out on her balcony, looking down at the beautiful sight before her. It was like some sort of dream, really, how the flowers were slowly, yet brightly blooming. 

“Noona,” someone called from the ground. Hyosung’s eyes glided from the beautiful garden to her younger cousin who was standing below her on the ground.

“Oh, Jongin,” she smiled, waving her right hand; “what brings you here so early?”

The younger boy grinned up at her, “I was bored at home so I though I’d come bother you and Junhong.” He then pointed to the front door; “It’s not locked, is it?”

“What do you think, that we sleep with the front door unlocked?” she shook her head; “of course it’s locked. Just knock, the maid’s will let you in.” 

Jongin smiled, nodding his head as he put his hands over his mouth before he yelled out “I’ll be up there to bother you in a bit, noona! Don’t worry!” And with that, the younger male took off towards the front door. 

Hyosung smiled whole-heartedly. She really loved when her annoying, yet utterly adorable cousin came over. Sure she saw him almost always, but since he’s been gone for a while, doing who-knows-what with who-knows-who, she had to admit that she missed him ‘a lot’. 

He was one of the fewest people she trusts--alongside of Junhong, her brother, of course; as well as her friend, Jieun, who’s on vacations in Japan. 

Hyosung sighed. She was about to go to her desk and get her phone, but the opening from her bedroom door stopped her from doing so. She looked over at the boy in her room entrance and smiled.

“Yah, don’t you know it’s impolite to barge into someone’s room without knocking, especially if it’s dealing with a girl.” she playfully scolded him, but opened her arms for a hug nonetheless. She watched as Jongin made his way towards her, wrapping his arms around her waist and twirling her around; “Yah! Kim Jongin! Put me down!”

Jongin, being the obedient kid he is (note the sarcasm), continued to twirl her around and around until, finally, he grew tired and set her down; “Mian. I just missed my noona so much~”

“But that doesn’t mean you have to make me vomit everything I had for breakfast.” 

“Oh, you ate already? Dang it. I wanted me, you, and Junhong to go out and eat together.” 

Hyosung looked at her cousin’s pouting face; “We’ll eat together for lunch, no worries, dummy.” she said as she brought up her two hands to his face, pinching his cheeks.

“Noona!” Jongin whined, pushing her hands away from him, “that hurts! Was that pay-back or what?”

“Pay-back? For what?” Hyosung asked, confused.

Jongin rolled his eyes, “Never mind noona, never mind.” He then put an arm around Hyosung’s shoulder, “So where’s Junhong? Still sleeping?”

“Now that you mention it... I did see him up when appa went to work,” Hyosung muttered, looking ahead of her as if she were in some thoughts of her own; “And he never, and by never I literally mean never, get’s up that early...”

“Tsk, you got that right. He always wakes up half past noon ever since school’s been out.”

Hyosung nodded, “Yeah...”

“So what if we go and wake him up like how we used to in the old times. Back when Imo--” Jongin stopped mid sentence, his eyes traveling over to Hyosung, “I-I mean-- I-- Sorry, noona. I didn’t mean to--”

“It’s fine Jongin, really.” Hyosung smiled over at her cousin. She knew that Jongin knew very well how much she despised people bringing up her mother in conversations, but it was a mistake--everyone makes mistakes. We’re all human. Besides, she knows Jongin meant well. She can’t get mad at him even if she tried. “It’s all right, no worries, just don’t bring her up anymore. You know how much I despise that woman.”

Jongin’s gaze lingered on Hyosung’s. He noticed how her face stiffened. How her eyes hardened. How her jaw tightened. And especially how thick her voice sounded when she said “that woman”. 

“Well, let’s wake up that sleepy head, come on.” she tried to smile, but Jongin saw through her act. She was about to start walking, but stopped when she noticed Jongin wasn’t budging; “What--”

“Noona... you can’t be like this anymore.”

Hyosung looked over at him, sliding his arm off her body; “What are you talking about Jongi--”

“With Imo.” He cut her off, sighing. “I know she made some poor choices in the past but they were mistakes. Noona, everyone makes mistakes. Sure, some are far more worse than others, but what else can we expect? We’re not perfect. We’re not angels. We’re not gods. We’re simple, powerless human beings. We--”

Hyosung shook her head, “Let’s not talk about this now, Jongin. I- I really don’t like where you’re getting with this conversation. I know that you, at least, like her, but you can’t change my view on things. You can’t and will not change my feelings towards that piece of trash, that witch, that woman... whom I’m ashamed to call my mother.” 

“I don’t want to have a headache this early in the day, please, let’s stop.” She pleaded. She didn't want to talk about her mother whom she looked up to ever since she was little only find out she was a gold-digging cheater.

Jongin noticed the plea in her voice. He looked over at her pale face. “Mm. Let’s go wake up Junhong, yeah?” He put on his best smiling face, trying to brighten up the tense atmosphere around him and Hyosung. “Kaja!” he grinned, tossing his arm around her neck and pulling her out of her big room and into the huge hallway, making their way towards Junhong’s room (which was right beside her, anyway).


    It was somewhere around 1 in the afternoon and Hyosung, Junhong, and Jongin were in the living room, watching some kind of documentary over ancient history. They had just finished eating lunch, so they were relaxing, trying to kill some time before they went out on a little ‘adventure’ as Jongin and Junhong like to call it.

“So the Egyptians really built those pyramids, huh?” Junhong asked as he took a sip of a water bottle.

Jongin shook his head, his eyes narrowing as he stared at his cousin, “No, Junhong, of course not.”

“What? They didn’t? Then why--”

“I’m playing with you, idiot,” Jongin laughed, bobbing the other male behind the head; “Haven’t you learned anything in history class? Do they not teach you anything as school, or what?”

Junhong scrunched his nose, “Says the guy who failed two classes, one of them being art. Like, who fails art?”

“Yah! Just because you’re good at drawing doesn’t mean everybody is, okay! Plus, I know a hyung who draws far more worse than me. He draws like a little kid. No joke.”

Hyosung chuckled, “Jongin, stop bad-mouthing Kris when he’s not around. Just because he’s off on a family vacation in China doesn’t mean we can make fun of him.”

“Who’s Kris?” Junhong asked.

Jongin smiled, “Oh, he’s your noona’s boyfrie--”

“No he is not!” Hyosung contradicted him before the younger lad could finish his sentence.

“Yes he is, noona, don’t deny it. You know you have the hots for him.” Jongin continued the argument. 

Hyosung gasped, “Not even! Kim Jongin, you take that back this instant! You know very well what me and Kris are.”

“What are you guys then?” Junhong asked.

Hyosung looked over at her younger brother. She opened , ready to explain to him that Kris and her were merely just friends--actually they were more like frenemies. They hated each others guts, but still managed to hang out and stuff. They had this unique relationship. But anyway, getting back to how Hyosung was going to tell Junhong all about her awkward relationship with her “frenemy” Kris, she forgot how much a smart- Jongin was, so she immediately glared at him when he spoke before her.

“Oh, fine, I’ll tell him what you guys ‘really’ are,” Jongin smirked as he turned to look at Junhong. “I lied. They’re not going out... yet. Right now they’re friends with benefits.”

“Liar! Yah, Kim Jongin, you wanna die?” Hyosung shrieked as she got up from the couch, ready to pounce on her younger cousin, but he, too, was already up and out of the living room. “Come back here, bastard!!” she yelled as she ran after him.

Junhong just sighed, noticing a maid who stared at the other two skeptically. She was a new maid, so it made sense to Junhong how surprised she was to see two teens acting like kids. 

“Please excuse them. They’re always like this.” He smiled at the maid, making her blush and look away; “Now if you’ll excuse me.” 

And with that, the younger Choi sibling left the living room, already going after the two hooligans who were who-knows-where. 


    Hyosung cringed as she stepped out of the fitting room. She was about to go back in and change, but it was too late, for Jongin had already spotted her. He ran over to her, pulling her further out for the publics eye.

“Oh my God!” Junhong spat out before he starting laughing. “N-Noona y-you look like an ahjumma! Omo!” he said in between laughter. 

Hyosung glared at him, “Well, gee, thanks for the comforting words, bastard.” 

“Pay no attention to him noona. Y-You look gorgeou-- Oh my God, Ahahaha, I can’t even say it with a straight face!” Jongin said before he fell in a laughing fit. 

Hyosung watched as her younger cousin fell on the floor, holding onto his stomach as he laughed his throat out. “You guys, be quiet, you’re making people look at us--and more importantly, you’re making people look at ‘me’. Guys, I back out. I’m not doing this!” She turned around, ready to run back into the fitting room, but Junhong quickly composed himself and held onto her wrist.

“Uh, uh, uh. You have to do this.” He grinned at her, his face flushed from laughing so much. 

“B-But this is embarrassing!” she whined, stomping her feet like a 5-year-old. “I don’t want to do this!”

Junhong smiled sympathetically at her, “Mian noona, but you brought this up on yourself.”

“Yeah, you did,” Jongin spoke from down on the ground; “You know how the rules in Truth or Dare are, so it’s your fault for choosing dare.” He got up, dusting his jeans from dust. “Plus, you know how overboard we go with the dares.”

“Especially Jongin.” Junhong added, gazing over at his cousin.

Hyosung faked a sob, “B-But making me wear old ahjumma clothes, really? I mean, can’t I just kiss the first boy who talks to me first only? Why do I have to wear this?” she whined, pointing down at her old, worn out, ahjumma-like pants. “And this, too!” she whined even more as she pointed to her raggedy, country-like-looking sweatshirt. “Oho, and don’t even make me mention these!” she shrieked, pointing down to her old, ugly-looking sandals. 

“Who will ever talk to me?”

Jongin laughed, “See, that’s the point!” He put an arm around Hyosung’s neck (like he always does) and grinned at her, “You see... If we let you go out and walk around the mall wearing the clothes you normally do, don’t you think boys would come and talk to you as soon as they spot you? You know, like how they usually do when we come to the mall?”

“And? How’s that a problem? I’d get this dare done within a second if you guys let me go out in my own outfit.” she said, still dull on the fact as to why she had to dress like an ahjumma.

“Aish, how dumb are you?” Junhong groaned; “What we’re saying is that you have to do this dressed like an ahjumma because, that way, it will be more difficult for a boy to talk to you. You know boys--they just want a girl who’s dressed pretty and all, so they won’t go up to you while you’re dressed like... this.”

Hyosung frowned; “So what you guys are saying is that I’m dressed like an ahjumma so it will be harder for a boy to approach me and want to talk to me...” She saw as the younger boys nodded, clapping their hands. “Yah! That’s not fair! Then I won’t be able to complete my dare!”

“And that’s what makes this dare so much better.” Junhong smiled, nudging his cousin, “Right Jongin?”

Jongin smiled enthusiastically, “I bet $10 that she won’t complete the bet. Tch, who’d want to talk to her when she looks like that?” 

“You’re on! I bet $10 that she’ll complete it. She is Hyosung, the daughter of Samsung’s CEO, anyway.” Junhong grinned. “She’s Korea’s most recognized model, known as ‘Bagel Girl Hyosung’, as well as Korea’s Beyonce’. Who wouldn’t want a kiss from her?”

Hyosung smiled, tossing her short hair to the side with a smudge look on her face; “You’re totally correct, Junhong. I am Hyosung--Choi Hyosung, the daughter of Samsung and Korea’s famous, and best, model. Who wouldn’t want me to kiss me?”

“Yeah, but...” Jongin trailed off, “Right now, looking like that, I doubt anyone will; trust me. Me, being your own cousin, can’t even recognize you. Do you think other people will? Do you think they’d know you’re Choi Hyosung, the model, the daughter of Samsung, huh?”

“Jongin!” Junhong muttered, “You weren’t suppose to bring her hopes down! Now how will I win the bet?!?”

Hyosung whined, “Ugh, you’re right! How will they know it’s me and not some old, wrinkly ahjumma? I can’t do this, nope, I can’t!” She turned around, wanting to run back in the fitting room and change into her normal, fashion-designed clothes, but luck wasn’t on her side--even if she was known as the luckiest girl in all of Korea (I don’t know, it was what most Koreans thought about her, since she was a model with an amazing body, came from a immensely wealthy family, and had any man at her feet with just a single glance), for she was dragged out of the store and into the main hallways at the mall.

“Andwae! Take me back!” she whined yet ‘again’. It seemed like that’s all she did. What was she, a kid? 

Junhong apologetically smiled at her, “Mianhae noona. Jeongmal... but a dare is a dare. Please forgive us.” And with that, he let go of her hand and turned around, walking away from her.

“You have to do this noona. Hwaiting!” Jongin smiled as he ran after Junhong, leaving an ahjumma-looking Hyosung behind.

“Shiro... shiro...” Hyosung muttered, “I don’t want to do this. Please... Junhong, Jongin... please.” She was about to head back into the store and change, but the ringing of her phone stopped her in her tracks. She sighed, taking out her phone from the baggy pants she was wearing, checking the caller ID.

‘Ben Ben’

Hyosung had never felt so relieved in her life before. She grinned as she clicked the green icon on her phone, accepting the call; “Kris!!!!!!!!!!!” she whined as soon as she had connected the call.

“Gee, I barely call you and you’re already whining?” She heard Kris’ husky voice and it somehow soothed her; “What’s the matter?”

She heavily sighed, “Are you in Korea yet?”

“That’s why I called; I’m at Incheon airport right now.” he said.

“And?”

“And what?”

Hyosung rubbed her temples, “Idiot! Hurry and come to the mall!”

“Pft, who do you think are to tell me what to do? I do whatever I want, whenever I want... as long as Ma says it’s all right.”

“Dork,” Hyosung chuckled. “But Kris, seriously, come here. I need your help.”

There was a long silence, followed by some voices. Hyosung raised a brow, “Kris? Are you still--”

“I’m here, sorry, it’s just that this lady bumped into me, but I cussed her out already, so it’s all good.”

“Wow Kris, you’re such an .” Hyosung said, looking around, trying to find an empty bench she could sit at while she talked to Kris on the phone. 

“I was kidding, Jesus. I’m not that mean.” was Kris’ response. There were more voices heard, followed by Kris’ deep, Chinese accent yelling ‘Excuse me. Foreigner coming through.’ in English. “But anyway, why do you need me to head to the mall? Don’t you think, I don’t know, that maybe I’m tired and all I want to do is go home and sleep?”

Hyosung pulled her on her straw hat (Jongin had put it on her, saying it really matched her ahjumma concept) and groaned, “Look, Yi Fan, I could care less if you want to sleep or eat, or go sky diving, but right now I need you.”

“For...?”

“If I tell you right now I know you won’t come. Please, just hurry up.” she replied.

Kris’ breath was heard, followed by him clearing his throat; “Well now that you said that... it makes me not want to go.”

“Wu Yi Fan, if you’re not here in 30 minutes I will personally kill you myself, understood?”

“All right, all right, no need to get violent here.”

“Then hurry up.” 

“What’s the magic word?” Kris replied back and Hyosung could almost see his stupid smirk. It was so noticeable in his tone of voice.

She cringed to herself, “Kris oppa, please?” 

“Thatta girl,” Kris said, “Okay, I’ll be there in a bit. Okay?”

Hyosung nodded even if he couldn’t see her, “Okay. Bye.”

“Bye.”

And once she had hung up with Kris, she looked up, noticing how some people stared at her. She was about to give them a smart remark on as to why they were staring at her in such way (like as if she were some alien or something) but then she remembered what she was wearing.

“Oh my God, kill me now!” she groaned, slumping back on the bench. “Ugh, why did I have to pick dare. Jesus, why?” she whined; “Wu Yi Fan you better hurry up or else I really am going to kill you.” She looked up at the ceiling, only to be interrupted by, yet, another phone call. She was about to throw a hissy fit because she thought it was Kris again, telling her he couldn’t make it or whatever lame excuse he had, but it wasn’t him; instead, what she felt was anger. She looked at the caller ID, seeing the name ‘Choi Sejin’ on her screen. She rolled her eyes, immediately pressing the red icon, ignoring the call.

“How dare she? Who does she think she is to call me? Doesn’t she know that I despise her with all my heart? Why--” 

And there her phone went again, ringing, interrupting her from talking to herself. She groaned as she picked up the call, ignoring to check the caller ID to see if it was her again.

“Listen, Mrs. Choi, if I didn’t answer the first time it means that I don’t want to speak to you. So what makes you think if you called again I’d pick up? Well... I did, but that’s because you annoy me. I don’t care if you are my so called mother, I want you to stop bothering me. You may act all sweet around me while we’re with father, but I know how you truly are. You--”

“Noona, calm down,” it was Jongin, “It’s me.”

“O-Oh, Jongin?” Hyosung was taken aback; “Sorry, I-- W-What did you want?”

There was a small pause, followed by some chatter; “Junhong and I want to know how the dare’s going. You know, we’re actually keeping an eye on you...”

“How?” Hyosung asked, looking around the mall, “I don’t see you anywhere.”

Jongin chuckled, “Babo. We have someone on the job.”

“Oh,” Hyosung mouthed, her eyes still looking around the place, searching for anyone who could possibly be spying on her; “Well, if that’s it, then I better hang up. I don’t want to be disturbed because, right now, what I need is to find myself a guy who will approach me and talk to me so that I can kiss him and get this bet over with.” 

“Don’t worry noona, you can do it!” she heard Junhong’s voice in the background. 

“Wow, do you have it on speaker, Jongin?”

Jongin’s adorable laugh was heard, “Yeah; well, okay, bye noona!”

“Hwaiting!!!” Junhong yelled.

“Yeah, yeah, okay.” Hyosung said before she hung up. And with that said, she got up from the bench. ‘If someone’s spying on me... then they probably know that I haven’t even tried to complete this dare...’ she thought. ‘Hah, but who cares? Kris’ll be here any moment and I can just approach him, tell him it’s me, kiss him, and bam, mission complete.’

She laughed at her own thoughts, causing people to stare at her weirdly. Like as if her clothes weren’t enough...

 

    Twenty minutes had passed, yet it seemed like eternity.

Hyosung was walking around the mall (still in her ahjumma clothes of course) while she drank some bubble tea she had bought earlier. She looked around, waiting for the moment when she saw that tall giraffe named Kris, but he was nowhere to be seen. 

She was even starting to doubt that he came.

“Yi Fan, if you don’t come I swear I will strangle you in your sleep, I don’t care.” she muttered to herself, taking a sip of her bubble tea, only to cause her to bump into someone. “A-Aya!” she screamed, falling onto the ground, spilling her bubble tea all over her blouse and face. 

“Aish!” she cursed, opening her eyes (for she had closed them when she fell, you know, because of the impact), glaring right into the eyes of a stranger. “Yah! You wanna die?!!!?” she said in a harsh, yet quiet voice.

The stranger looked at with those dark brown eyes, melting her with just a simple gaze, but still he didn’t say anything. 

“Aren’t you going to apologize?” she asked incredulously, “I mean you did bump into me, making me fall, and not to mention, you made me spill my bubble tea all over myself. I think you should apologize. Like, it’s the least you could do.”

“...”

Hyosung groaned, “Yah! Are you mute or what?” 

The stranger shook his head, but still remained silent.

“Then why aren’t you speaking?” she asked. And just then she remembered about the dare. She remembered that she had to kiss whoever spoke to her, no matter who it was. So, with that in mind, Hyosung’s eyes widened and she looked up at the stranger, finally noticing in the position they were.

“Aha, uh, could you please get off me? Y-You don’t have to speak, umm...” she trailed off, not wanting to make things awkward or obvious all though she clearly was.

The stranger looked down at her, and before Hyosung could even stop him from doing so, he opened his mouth, mumbling a quiet “sure”.

‘Noooooooooooo, why did you talk? WHY?!!?!’ Hyosung innerly screamed. She watched as the stranger pulled away from her, ready to get off her, but out of nowhere Hyosung pulled him down by the collar, smashing her lips on his.

And they stood still like that; their lips touching, but no movement at all, that was until Hyosung decided to give in (for who knows what reason. Maybe it was his plump, sausage-like lips, or his surprised eyes. Or maybe, just maybe, it was because she felt this tug on her heartstrings that told her to initiate the motion, but who knows). She slowly started to move her head, primarily initiating the kiss--to which the stranger gladly followed.

It was something unlike anything else. It made Hyosung’s inside churn, making her lightheaded--but in a good way. 

She had never felt any more happier than how she was feeling with this... stranger.

But it had to end. And the time to end was right when she heard two people howling. She knew those two voices really, really well and she could guarantee that they belonged to none other than to Jongin and Junhong.

“See, what’d I tell you, Jongin?” It was Junhong who was speaking, Hyosung was sure of it. “Noona completed the dare, now pay up.”

Jongin groaned; “It was luck I tell you, luck!” He digged into his back pocket, taking out his wallet. He took out the money he owed Junhong from the bet they had. He was about to say something else, but a husky voice prevented him from doing so. He looked over to see who the owner of the voice was, all though he was 100% sure whose it belonged to: Kris.

“H-Hyung,” Jongin stuttered, “what are you doing here? Weren’t you in China?”

Kris nodded, “Keyword: was. You see, I just arrived in Korea an hour or two ago and I’m really, really tired from the flight, but some idiot told me she needed me here and if I didn’t come she’d kill me... so, Kai, where’s your cousin?” The older boy looked at Jongin, then over at Junhong; “Oh, nice to meet you, Choi Junhong, right? Your Hyosung’s brother.”

Junhong nodded, “She’s told you about me?”

“No,” Kris shook his head; “I had to find out about that myself. She’s so selfish she only talks about herself. That’s how egoistic she is.” He chuckled once he noticed the younger’s confused face. “By the way I’m kidding. She talks about you alot, Junhong.”

“Ah,” Junhong laughed along with the Chinese fellow--all though it seemed kind of forced. “Well she’s said nothing about you until earlier this morning. She defended you when Jongin made fun of your drawing skills. He said you drew like a ki--ofasjdhkasdha.”

Kris raised a brow; “That I drew like a what?” He looked over at Jongin who had his hands over Junhong’s mouth. “What did you say I drew like, Kai?” 

“W-What? I- uh, I-- Look, there’s noona!” Jongin pointed over at Hyosung who was, still, on the ground with the guy on top of her--except this time they were no longer kissing. They were just staring at each other. It seemed like they were lost in each other’s gazes, because for a moment, it seemed like they wanted to kiss all over again, but Kris’ voice interrupted them, making Hyosung tear her gaze away from the stranger and look over at her “frenemy” with astonishment. 

“Kris... you’re... here.” she said, her voice small and distant.

The Chinese male tsk-ed in return; “No, I’m just a Kris-look-alike.” he sarcastically said, “Of course I’m here, idiot. I mean, I thought you needed me, but I guess not. Well, thanks for disturbing. I could’ve been sleeping by now.” He gave her a look before turning around. 

“Hyung...” Jongin muttered, “wait, where are you going?”

Kris smiled at him, “Home. Later Kai, oh, and it was nice meeting you Junhong.” He then proceeded to leave, but was stopped by Jongin, who held onto his arm.

“Kris hyung, a-are you okay?” the fellow asked in a low, soft voice. “I know your feelings towards noona... I-- I’m sorry. I was the one who put her up to this. But don’t worry, it’s nothing, really. It was just a dare. I doubt she’ll meet that stranger ever again.” He used his words with carefulness. “You’re the one she has a special place for in her heart.”

“Kai,” Kris spoke, taking his arm away from Jongin’s; “I know it might seem like I’m hurt, but I’m not. I actually wanted to tell you that I don’t like Hyosung like that, nor vice versa.” He turned around, “I like her, yeah, but I see her as a friend, nothing more. I just want to clear that up.”

Jongin stared straight at Kris. Sure his face showed no emotion, but all that pain was hidden in his eyes. Jongin knew Kris was lying. He knew Kris liked Hyosung, but if Kris wanted to keep his feelings hidden, and if that was what he wanted, then fine. He wasn’t planning on messing around with his hyung’s business.

“You understand, Kai?”

Jongin nodded, “Sure hyung, of course.”

With that, Kris bid his farewell before heading off to what he said was home but who knows, maybe he went somewhere else.

Yet, meanwhile all that was happening, Hyosung was off in her own world. She knew she should be going after Kris because he did seem somewhat unhappy, but she couldn’t. She was stuck. She just couldn’t take her eyes off this stranger whom she had just kissed.

And it’s not that she couldn’t, for she also didn’t want to take her eyes off him. She was scared that he might leave. But yeah, sure he was some stranger who she kissed... but even so, she managed to develop some sensational, yet weird feeling for him.

“Noona,” Jongin called from behind her; “it’s getting late, we better go.”

Hyosung nodded, her eyes fixing on the stranger’s eyes once more. His gaze was soft, yet so intense. She wanted to stay and stare into his brown orbs all day, but some mall staff came and told them that such p.d.a wasn’t allowed at the mall, because it was a public place. 

“Sorry for the inconvenience, ma’am.” Hyosung bowed to the mall staff.

The lady simply rolled her eyes; “Teenagers and their crazy hormones these days. Ugh, and what’s up with that fashion?” she spoke to herself as she walked away while Hyosung, Jongin, and Junhong bowed their heads a little. 

“Couldn’t she be any ruder?” Jongin hissed as he turned to look at his cousins. 

Junhong shrugged, “So, noona, you completed the da-- wait, where’d that guy go?”

“What gu-- oh? Where did he go?” Hyosung asked herself as she looked around. “He was here when that lady came, what the heck?”

Jongin smirked, “Looked like he saw how you were dressed and got scared away.” He put an arm around Hyosung (again, like always) chuckling, “or maybe he thought you were some pedo-ahjumma and well, yeah, you know the rest.”

“I do not look like an ahjumma! Look, do I have wrinkles? Huh, do I?” Hyosung shrieked as she pulled away from her cousin, pointing at her baby-like face. “I’m bagel girl Hyosung; baby face, amazing body. Like how in the world would I have wrinkles?!”

Junhong sighed, “here they go again...”

“Well those people must be lying because if my eyes don’t fool me, I see a wrinkle right... there,” Jongin muttered as he pointed to a random spot on Hyosung’s face which caused her to shriek.

“DO NOT!”

“Do too!”

“Yah, Kim Jongin, do you wanna die???!!?” Hyosung yelled as she glared at him. 

Jongin smirked, “As if an old ahjumma like you could catch me.”

“Guys,” Junhong sighed. He knew where this was headed... and he didn’t like it one bit. It’s one thing that they chase each other at home, but at the mall, I mean, come on. They’re already grown up teens.

“Ohohoho, I may look like an ahjumma right now but this ahjumma will kick your !” Hyosung yelled as she launched herself towards Jongin, who merely managed to escape her attack. “You better run, bastard!”

Jongin’s face stiffened; “Help! Help! A pedo-ahjumma is after me! Help!” he yelled as he ran, with Hyosung in her ahjumma clothing right on his trail.

“Guys!!!!” Junhong called from behind them, “wait for me! Guys!!!”

 

    It was then, right at night, when Hyosung was laying in bed, her mind drifting off to unnecessary things that she recalled the kiss she had with that stranger. 

She remembered his mesmerizing eyes. His soft, plump lips. His God-sculptured face. She even remembered his smell; vanilla. 

It’s weird, really, how a mere stranger whom she had kissed at the mall out of a dare could make her feel all giddy and weird inside.

She slowly put a hand over her beating heart, trying to calm it down someway.

“Why am I like this?” she asked out loud, talking to herself. “Why do I keep thinking about a guy I don’t even know? Like, I don’t even know his name...” She paused for a minute, her eyes suddenly getting droopy; she was tired.

So without even a second more to think about that guy from the mall, she fell asleep where she let her dreams consume her body, mind, and soul where, without her even knowing, she would meet him again.

 

    Flowers, that was all she saw. It was like a meadow covered with flowers of all colors and sizes. 

Hyosung smiled, scrunching down to take a closer look at a specific flower that caught her eye. It was beautiful color of purple. It wasn’t too big, nor too small; it was perfect. She slowly leaned down, inhaling it’s natural smell, but before she could even do that someone called out her name, halting Hysosung in mid-act.

She froze, her eyes growing wider. Was she crazy or did someone call her name just then? 

“Hyosung,” 

There it was again. Someone was definitely calling her name; she was sure of it. So without another second to waste, Hyosung sat up. She searched around her, trying to catch a glance of whoever had just called out to her. She didn’t know why, but that voice made her feel queazy--like she’s heard that voice before, she just couldn’t quite put her finger on it... at least not yet.

“Hyosung, over here,” the voice called once again, which made Hyosung’s skin tingle. And just like that, with an uneasy heart, did the said girl stand up and turn around. Her eyes locked with a familiar pair of eyes and she felt a tug at her heart almost immediately. 

It was him. She was sure; the same man from the mall--the one she had kissed. 

“How?” she asked, not even knowing what to say. “Is this a dream?” She saw him smile, something that caught her off guard. He looked just like an angel. He wore an all white tuxedo, blonde hair flowing with the wind, as he extended his hand out to her.

“Here, take my hand,” he said, still smiling. 

Hyosung, without even thinking, took a grip of his hand as he pulled her closer to him. “How did you come to my side?” She stared at him with curious eyes. Never before had she seen someone so angelic, yet, it bothered her somehow. How did he manage to make his way into her dream? 

“Shh,” he hushed, “that’s a secret.” He grinned, still holding onto her hand with a tight grip, as if he didn’t want to let go. “Now, come with me.”

    And with that said he lead both of them into an endless garden filled with white flowers in a matter of seconds. It surprised Hyosung how fast the setting changed, really. How one moment she was in a meadow of colorful flowers and now she was at a garden with plain white flowers.

“You know...” Hyosung whispered, almost inaudible, “this is really, really beautiful.” She smiled, looking around her. “I usually enjoy colorful things... well, not really, I’m more of an all black person to be honest. Like, if you look in my closet it’s probably 90% black and 10% other colors, including white.”

“I’m not a white-fan, as you can tell...” she spoke, looking over at him, “but it sure does look well on you, so I’ll let it slide.”

The man just let out a soft, calming, laugh. “Is that so?”

Hyosung nodded, feeling a sense of relaxation wash over her. She liked it, really, how nice this dream was. Her usual dreams were often filled with her so-called-mom and dad arguing which, in all honesty, was more like a nightmare than a dream. And if it wasn’t that, then it was of her brother, cousin, or frenemy. The other dreams she had, if she even had any, she couldn’t recall to. 

“Hyosung?” he called out. The said girl stopped mid-thought to face the man. “I...” he trailed off, stopping in his spot. He looked over at the younger girl, staring right into her big eyes. “I want you to know, that, no matter what happens after you wake up... I just,” he paused yet again. “I want you to know that I will always protect you.”

She looked at him with a confused face, “What? What are you talking about?”

“Hyosung,” he started again, “it’s time for you to wake up.” He frowned, seeing the younger girls lost and sad gaze. “If you don’t wake up now it’ll be too late.”

“Late? For wh-”

The man in white put a finger on her lips, prohibiting her from saying anything else; he didn’t want her to ask any further questions. “Listen to me; just do it. Wake up.” He held onto her shoulders, “I’m glad I got to see you... but I don’t want you to come into my world, not yet. I saved you once, but I can’t do it again. It’s against the rules. I’m sorry.”

With his finger still on her lips Hyosung couldn’t do much but listen as he spoke to her. So many questions were spinning through her mind, some bad and some good.

“As your guardian angel I’ll always be here,” he said, pulling his finger away from her lips. “We’ll meet again, I promise, but now, go. You still have time.”

With that being said he turned away, only to be pulled back by a small pair of arms. 

“Wait!” Hyosung called, turning him around to face her; “I have no idea what you mean? You’re an angel? My angel?” She looked straight into his eyes, “but... the mall, you were there... I touched you; we kissed. You’re real!” 

“Silly,” he spoke in an indifferent tone, “this is a dream, right?” He laughed, but it seemed rather fake. “I’m whatever you want me to be...”

Hyosung frowned. Was he lying? She looked up, staring straight at him and there it was again, that tug at her heart. “But...” she stopped, looking away. His eyes were displaying something else; it wasn’t coinciding with what was coming out from his lips. “Nevermind.”

She slowly let him go, which the man took as a queue to talk, “Now, what you have to do in order to wake up is to make your way to the light.” 

He pointed ahead of him where a really bright light was located. It looked like an entrance, but even if the older male told her to, Hyosung wasn’t so convinced.

“Wait? Don’t you usually have to walk away from the light, not towards?” she asked, looking back at him, but he was already gone. “Wait!?! Where did you go?” She looked around her, only to be answered by silence. “I didn’t even get your name...”

And, with deflated shoulders, did she just stand there. She wanted him to return, to be beside her once again. Didn’t he promise to always protect her? Why wasn’t he there? She was scared. The dream felt so real, unlike any other.

“Don’t just stand there, go towards the light,” she heard his voice one again and began searching for the matching body but he was nowhere to be seen. 

“How can I trust you? I don’t even know you’re name!” Hyosung retorted. “I don’t even know what that light will do to me? Will I die? Will I live? What?” She looked around, hoping to see his figure but still nothing. “What do you want me to believe in this situation?”

And bam, just like that, he appeared right before her once again. She could see him again. She could see his angelic face, his blonde hair, his enchanting eyes; she could see him.

“Just trust me,” he said in the most relaxing voice. “If you don’t go towards that light you will never step foot in the mortal world. You won’t see your father, brother, cousin, friends, or anyone ever again. It’s now or never.”

What was he saying? What did he mean by that?

“Your time in this world has exceeded beyond it’s limits as well as your knowledge of this world. It’s against the rules.” He took ahold of her hand and placed it between his, “It’s now or never, choose wisely. Whatever your choice is, I will never turn my back on you.”

And with that said, he leaned down, capturing Hyosung’s lips with his in an instant. It was truly magical. It felt so surreal and real at the same time, and before she could put her arms around him, he was gone yet again, but not before leaving a small note in her hands. 

    Shooting up from bed, Hyosung looked around, only to realize she was back in her bedroom. She sighed, running a hand through her hair. 

“What was that all about?” she spoke to herself as she turned to face the clock on her nightstand that read 9 am. “Well, might as well get ready for the da-” she stopped as soon as she noticed the note on her lap. She picked it up, reading what was written on it.

'Wherever we walk together, It will be a paradise.’ 

An unknowing smile plastered her face. It couldn’t be. Was he really her guardian angel? She was about to get out of bed when the door to her bedroom opened, revealing a very sleepy Jongin.

“Noona, Kris called and said he’s on his way. He wants you to get ready to go out with him.”

Hyosung stood up, the note still in her hands, “Where to? It’s so early.”

“You’re telling me,” the younger kid whined. “He woke me up just to tell you that, like, couldn’t he call you instead? I was happily sleeping, dreaming about Minzy and Dara fighting over me. Ugh, stupid hyung. Anyway, I already did my part, now, goodbye!”

She watched the boy close her door. He looked annoyed for being woken up so early, then again, he did fall asleep late last night since him and Junhong probably stayed up playing games all night. Stretching, Hyosung walked over to her desk and placed the note down. She was getting ready to head to her bathroom, but before she could, she instinctively reached out for the note once again, but this time she turned it over. 

Smiling, she read as it said 'P.S: My name is Daehyun. Your Daehyun.’ She then placed it back down and stared at it. “And as long as you and I continue walking together... heaven is anywhere and anyplace.” her voice was low, but she knew he--wherever he was--had heard her. 

    So, then on, every day was the same for her. She would hang out with her friends and family, go to photoshoots, and had many more arguments with her mother, but none of that mattered to her, because at the end of the day she got to see him. Every night she would go to a place in her dreams where she could see him, be with him, touch him, and walk beside him forever. A place where she was finally into his world.


Oh my god, guys, I am so so so so so super sorry for not updating since literally forever.
I felt really bad, because I had left all my subscibers hanging and I just couldn't cope with myself.
I know no excuse is acceptable, but it's just I've been really depressed and busy with family problems (which you obviously don't care about) 
But i updated bc i felt bad and i had this one shot since before everything bad happened and well, here it is. If you could at least keep my family in your prayers it would be really much appreciated.
Thanks, and sorry once again. :x
Hope you guys dont hate me or leave me. I'll update soon, promise. 
<3 <3 <3