Chapter 9 . Telling

Chances

 

Chapter 9

Telling

Seohyun’s POV

            I heard a knock on the door. I went to open it and see Fany unnie, I was smiling at her because I am excited for her to tell us what happened. My smile was replaced by tension when Fany unnie fainted.

            “Unnie!” she fell on me, good thing that I was able to hold her body properly and she did not fall on the floor. I was shaking her body to wake her up but she didn’t respond. I started shouting for help calling my other unnies. Good thing Sooyoung unnie went home already or else she will see this. One by one all the unnies ran to us and help me.

             I saw a box beside the door and brought it inside. The unnies’ lay Fany unnie on the bed to get her medicine and some “white flower” for her to wake up. I took a peek on the box and saw a mini house. I smiled; Siwon oppa is so sweet. I saw this house before but it is just a layout on a blue print but now it is a mini version of the house; just like those mini houses shown at malls when they sell you houses.

            They let Fany smell the medicine on the cotton and she immediately opens her eyes. She was sweating a lot, as if she just runs from a marathon. “Fany-ah, what happen? Are you alright? Here drink your medicine” Sica said. “We were eating our dinner in an Italian restaurant when I started getting dizzy. I forgot to drink my meds on time that’s why I am like this” Fanny unnie said. “What?! Fany! How could you easily forgot to drink your medicine?!” Sica said. “I’m sorry. We were having fun and I forgot to drink it” Fany said. “Calm down Sica, don’t shout at Fany, yout can’t blame her when she was having fun and she did not intentionally not drink her medicine” Tae said. “You can’t blame me either for shouting at her. I am just concern for her health and she just can’t seem to appreciate it” Sica said and went out of the room.

            “Fany-ah, don’t worry about Sica ok? I’ll just go outside and talk to her just rest for a while. Girls keep an eye on Fany” Tae unni said and we nodded. “Thanks Tae” Fany unnie said and went out of the room to follow Sica unnie.

            “Fany-ah are you ok?” Yuri unnie said. “Yes, I’m fine. Thank you for your concern” She answered. “You gave us a fright you know? You should know your limits now Fany. Take care of yourself please” Yuri unnie said. “Sorry if my actions scared you. I know now. I will take care of myself not for me but for you guys” Fany unnie said. “Unnie, I saw a box earlier, Siwon oppa gave you that?” I asked her. “Yes Hyun, Siwon gave me that box, a mini version of our dream house” Fany unnie said. “Wow…How sweet of him unnie” Yoona said. “I know right” Fany unnie said.

Taeyeon’s POV

            I followed Sica outside. I talked to her about Fany’s condition. “Sica, why did you do that? We should not add to her stress and we as her friends should support her in anything that she wants to do as long as it gives her joy. It’s a good thing the date distracted her for a moment on thinking that she was sick” I told her. “I know…but you can’t blame me for being upset. What if her she got into a sudden attack of her illness? What if she did not get passed through the door knocking and she just passed out outside? I don’t know what will I do if that happens” Sica said. “I know…but she is ok now. We should not give her a problem that she would think about. You know Fany, she thinks about a lot when someone is mad at her and she will experience a difficult time on sleeping” I told Sica. “I know…I know” Sica said. “Let’s go back inside and be with Fany, ok? “I told her and she nodded. I lead her back into the room. She runs fast to Fany and hugged her.

            “Fany-ah I am sorry for walking out on you and saying those things” Sica said. “No, you should not be sorry. You just care for me that is why you acted like that. I should be the one saying sorry because I did not took care of myself well. I did not think about what you will feel” Fany said.”Even so. I shouldn’t have acted like that. I am your friend and I should know you better than other people” Sica said. “It’s really ok Sica. I understand and I promise you I will take care of myself for you guys” Fany said. “Ok enough of that hug it out. Now, unnie tell us what happen” Yoona said cutting of the drama. “Thanks for ruining the moment” Sica said. “My pleasure” Yoona said.

            “What is it you’re talking about?” I asked. “Unnie, Fany unnie is telling us about what happened on her date with Siwon oppa” Hyun said. “Oh, really? Ok. You Fany talk” I said. All of us laughed on how I said those to Fany. I said it like that to lighten up our mood. Fany told us what happen when they were in the amusement park. It was so sweet. She showed us the mini version of their house and we saw how Siwon put an effort on building it for Fany. We continued chatting until we decided to sleep. All of us slept in one room; we moved the beds on one corner so that all of us will be using comforters on our sleep. Fany insisted that she’ll join sleeping on the floor even we told her to sleep on the bed. Someone texted Fany before all of us lay beside each other. We assume that it is Siwon because she was smiling when she is reading the text. We slept side by side and after a minute we dozed off.

Tiffany’s POV

            The sun was up when I woke up but the girls is still past asleep. I went to the living room to think what I will do next, if I will tell my family about me having leukemia. I thought about it thoroughly and then I decided that I want to tell my eomma about it. She was like a mother to me my only relative here in Korea. She was the one who raised me up because my parents were in the US working and eventually stayed there for good. When my parents are convincing me to migrate to the US with them after years, I said no with the reason that my aunt will be alone and lonely. She was insisting that I should be my parents and not here staying with her in Korea. That I should grow up together with my sister but I told her I don’t want to leave her alone here. I told her that if she goes with me I will go to the US but she loves Korea so much she doesn’t want to leave for the US to stay. I told my parents that I will only migrate to the US if my aunt will go with me that is when my dad talk to auntie and ask her to take care of me while I am staying here in Korea. My auntie told my father that it is her pleasure to look after me because I was like a daughter she never had. She acted like a mom and a dad to me when I was growing up. She was the one who would go to school attending meetings, card giving, recitals and picking me when the school is over. A lot of things were bugging my mind but it was clear that I want to eomma about my condition.

            I was cooking breakfast by myself when I heard the girls talking went out of the room and proceed to the kitchen. “Fany-ah! What do you think you’re doing?!” all of them said in unison. “I am cooking breakfast for all of us. I woke up early and got bored so I decided that I will cook breakfast for us” I told them. “But you might get exhausted on cooking Fany, give me that I will cook” Yuri said. “No, it’s ok really. This is already finished; just sit there and let me do this by myself, ok?” I told them. “No, let me help you unnie. By the way Yuri unnie the last time you cooked food for us we ate it because you’re our friend” Hyun said and all of us laughed. We ate breakfast while chatting about everything under the sun.

            All of us sat on the couch when I decided to tell them about my decision.

Jessica’s POV

            All of us were sitting on the couch when suddenly Fany tell us something “Girls I have something to tell you”. All of us are staring at her blankly curious of what she will tell us. “I have thought about it this morning and I would like to tell you my decision”  Fany told us. “What is it about unnie?” Yoona said. “It’s about my condition” Fany said then sighed. “What about it Fany-ah?” I asked her. “I have decided that I would like to tell my eomma about my condition. I think she should know that I am sick” Fany told us. “When would you like to tell it to her?” I asked her. “I have decided to tell it her later after lunch and I was wondering if you girls could accompany me to eomma’s place, would you?” Fany said. “Of course Fany! We would accompany you to auntie Hwang’s place later. We promised you that we will be beside you all the way” Taeyeon said and all the girls nodded in support.

            We waited for the time all of us will go to the house of auntie Hwang. She prefers to be called by her surname but Tiffany calls her eomma. She is kind and caring but very strict especially to Fany. She treated her as her real daughter. She gives her all the things that she needs even though she doesn’t ask for it but her only wish for Fany is to finish her studies first before having a boyfriend. She always lectures Fany including us that boys are just distractions for us; she even talk to us when she knew about some of us having our own boyfriends.

            We were standing in front of auntie Hwang’s house when suddenly Fany stopped. We heard her sigh and she shakes her head. She looks at us and we smiled at her to give her strength. Fany pressed the door bell and then we heard auntie Hwang’s voice shouting at the other side. “Wait! I’m coming!”

Tiffany’s POV

            I pressed the door bell and then I heard eomma’s voice on the other side. She opens the door and she was surprise to see me and the girls. “Tiffany! What a surprise!” she said and then hugs me. “What brings you here? Hi girls (She kisses the girls on the cheeks and hugs them) what brings all of you here?” She asks us. “Eomma, you’ve been gardening?” I told her to divert the conversation. “Oh yeah, sorry about my dirty outfit and hands. I’ve been planting before you arrived; you know it’s my hobby” she said. “It has been your hobby since I left the house” I muttered to her. “Don’t be like that even though you’re not living here anymore you will always be my daughter and all of you are welcome here. Come in, let’s talk inside and let me prepare something for you to eat. I presume all of you are hungry after a long ride to here” she said clasping her hands to me as we walk inside.

             We ate in silence. Eomma are glancing at all of us as the silence is unusual if all of us are in one place. She didn’t say anything as we finished eating and headed to the living room. “Eomma I have something to tell you” I told her. Eomma and I are seated on the small couch while the girls are seated in the couch facing us. “I knew something was wrong. You girls are so quiet and timid and it is unusual for you girls to act like that” she said. I nervously talk to her. “Have you taken your medicine already?” I asked her. “Yes, I have never forgotten to take my medicine dear” she answered. I gulped and sigh. This is it; there is no way of turning back. I have to face her and tell her the truth. “Eomma, I don’t know how to tell you this but I think you should know about this” I told her. “What is it Tiffany? Say it. You are making me worried” she said. “Eomma, I am….sick” I told her. Her eyes widened and straightly looking at me. “How sick?” she said her voice is trembling ad her eyes are on the verge of crying. “Very sick eomma…I…I...I have leukemia eomma…stage 2” I told her. Both of us are crying already; we are hugging each other, I comforting her. “When…When did you know about this?” she asks. “About a month know eomma. I have been experiencing the symptoms for months but I have never thought that it is worst like this I thought that it was just because of fatigues” I told her. “A month? Why didn’t you tell me this earlier? You have experiencing symptoms for months and you didn’t tell me? I would have come to your place and take care of you” she told me as she releases me in her embrace.

            “You girls, you knew about this?” she eyed my friends in questioning. “Auntie, we are so sorry. Yes we knew about this. Fany told us instantly after knowing her condition. We are sorry for not telling you auntie” Jessica said bowing because of guilt. “Don’t be mad at them eomma. I told them not to tell anyone about my condition. All of them took care of me and all of them are by my side always” I told her while smiling to the girls. Her lips formed a smile and she walked over to the girls as she put them all in an embrace. “Thank you for taking care of her. You girls are truly her friends though I am sad that you didn’t tell me earlier about her condition but you girls comforted her in her dark times” she told them and I smiled. She went back to me and holds my hands. “Fany dear…have you told your parents about your condition?” she asked me. I shook my head and she frowned. “Dear…you should tell them. They have the right to know because you are their daughter and they love you so much more than I love you” she told me. “I know eomma. I know that they love me and I love them too. I know that they have to know about this but I don’t know how to tell them because they are not here” I told her. “Eomma…please…help me n telling them my condition. I am scared” I added. “I know your scared dear. All of us are scared for you. I will help you I will call them for you. Sit with the girls I’ll call them now this instant” she told me. I stood and sit with the girls. All of them hugged me and comfortted me while saying that I made the right decision.

            Eomma is talking with my parents in front of us. They chatted for a while before eomma tell them my condition. She was crying on the phone and looking towards us while saying “I know” “If only I knew earlier” “Yes” “I’ll accompany her” “As soon as possible”. It took her longer than I thought before ending the call. She was wiping tears in her face before facing up.

            I was shocked with what she said next. “Pack your bags. We are going to the US as soon as possible”.

 


Chapter 9 checked :) Sorry for the late update :( I was busy with school activities these past few days and did'nt have the time to write the new chapter. Hope you like chapter 9 :) Don't forget to comment and subscribe :) Sorry for the grammatical errors and Enjoy reading :)