Chapter 5. The results

Chances

 

Chapter 5

The results

 

Seohyun’s POV

            Today is Thursday and thankfully it’s a holiday. All of us have decided to meet at the park to have a picnic, of course with Sifan. Kyu and I have been tasked to buy drinks for all of us, we went to the groceries first and then we proceeded to the park.

            “Unnies, Oppas were here” I shouted while walking towards them. “Hyun, come here I missed you a lot” Tae unnie said. She hugged me tight. “Unnie, I can’t breathe’’ haha” I said. “What drinks did you buy?” Sooyoung unnie asked. “You didn’t buy all of us sweet potato juice right?” Yoona unnie said. “Yes, I bought sweet potato drinks of course! But it’s only for me unnie’’ hehe’’ I know well that you don’t like it. I bought orange juice for all of us” I answered.

            “Siwon oppa where is Fany unnie?” I asked Siwon. “She went to an errand that her aunt asked her to do to but don’t worry she will be here soon” Siwon said. “Oh, ok. I missed her and the unnies I want to see them all today” I said and smiled at him.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

            I was lost in my senses because Fany’s lab results will be shown to her today, hope it will turn out fine. I am still feeling bad on not accompanying her to the hospital last Tuesday and today. I want to be there when the doctor tells the findings of her lab results but she just won’t allow Sica and me to accompany her.

            “Tae, what are you thinking? You’re spacing out?” Teukie asked. “I’m just thinking about something important”. “Care to tell?” He asked again. “It’s about the term paper that we have to pass at the end of the semester”. “Don’t think about school things today, we are here to enjoy, alright?” He said smiling to me. “Ok, I know’’ hehe” I smiled to him to assure him that I’m ok.

            “Ok guys let’s play with Sifan” Sooyoung said. “I’ll just wait for Fany here for the mean time” Sica said. “I’ll accompany Sica here. Go ahead and play with Sifan we will also be looking out for our things” I told them. “Come on let’s go” Yoona said.

 

Tiffany’s POV

            I am now here at the hospital waiting for my name to be called. I am sitting next to some patients who are waiting for their turn to be seen by their doctor. They were wearing hospital gowns and pajamas and some of them are already wearing bonnets. I assumed that they are cancer patients waiting for their chemo because some of them are experiencing hair loss. I pity myself because at least for them they have their family beside them to take care of them and to be there for them when they hear the results. I know it’s my prerogative not to be accompanied by Tae and Sica but still I envy them. I hope the results of my tests will be ok.

            “Hwang Tiffany” the nurse called my name. “The doctor wants to see you already” she added. When I was about to go a cute little girl went by my side and slightly pulled my blouse. “Unnie, good luck, the last time I went to that doctor he told me that I am sick. I hope yours will turn out good” she said. “Don’t worry unnie is brave just like you. She will face it with a smile” I told her while I gave her a smile and a nod.”Noona, you’re so pretty” a little boy told me. “You are handsome also” I told him and slightly mess his hair and he smiled at me. “I’m sorry miss this kids are disturbing you. You may go and see the doctor now” the nurse said. “No, it’s ok. No need to apologize. Bye kids, unnie/noona will just go inside”.

            “We have seen and analyze your lab results Miss Hwang. Your blood test has shown that you have a huge amount of white cells in your body. You also have low platelet and hemoglobin count. Could I ask you some questions Miss Hwang?” the doctor said and I nodded. “You have experienced bruising. Did you experience anything else?” “Well at first I have experienced weight loss. I have lost 5kg in just one month. I didn’t care about it that much because I thought it’s only due to stress. I also experienced night sweats, and unexplained fevers these past few days but I didn’t mind it at all because it will be gone in the morning” I said. “Ahmm.. Do you have any relatives who experienced having cancer?” the doctor asked. “My grandmother died because of chronic cancer when I was little” I said. “I hate to say this but the results of your blood test tells us that you have leukemia. Acute Myeloid Leukemia to be exact and you are already experiencing the symptoms of it. Your family’s health record just justified that you have inherited this illness” the doctor said. I gasped at his statement and tears are forming from eyes verging to fall.

            “Miss Hwang we have to do a physical test for us to confirm this more. Nurse, please help Miss Hwang and lead her to the laboratory” the doctor said. We walked in the hallway of the hospital and proceeded to a small room beside the laboratory. My mind was not in the right state now, I can’t think of anything but me, myself having cancer. “Miss Hwang, please wear this lab gown first before entering the room” the nurse said. I was so scared at that time. I don’t have anyone to hold on to, to cry to. They doctor checks me if I have swollen lymph nodes, spleen, or liver. After that, they led me to the other room.

            “Miss Hwang, I am so sorry to tell you this. The test just supported the results of our first test on you. You really have Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Based on what you said that your grandmother died because of leukemia yours are hereditary. A person with acute leukemia needs to be treated right away. Please undergo treatment. The goal of the treatment is to destroy signs of leukemia in your body and make symptoms go away. This is called a remission. After you go into remission, more therapy may be given to prevent a relapse. This type of therapy is called consolidation therapy or maintenance therapy” the doctor said.

 

Jessica’s POV

            Fany is still not here. I hope she is ok. Today is the day when the results will come out. I wanted to accompany her today but she constantly refused. Tae and me are nervously waiting for her and it’s been two hours already. “Sica, is Tiff not yet here?” Siwon asked me. “Nope, she’s not yet here” I told him. “Have you called her already? I am getting worried. Yes, she will be late sometimes but not this late” Siwon said concern can be seen in his eyes.

            “Oh! Omo! There she is already! Fany over here!” I waved at Fany and she smiled back to us. Siwon run after her and hugged her before walking to us. “Fany-ah, what happened to you? Why are you so late?” I asked her. “Mianhe, my aunt just asked me to attend to an errand and it took me so long to finish it” Fany said. I will ask her about the results if Siwon is not here. “Tiff are you ok? You look so pale?” Siwon asked her. “I’m ok don’t worry I am just a hungry” She answered and smiled. “Here Fany eat this first. You must be tired from all the things that you have done” Taeyeon said.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

            All of us are having fun even Fany. I know she wants to tell us something but she just couldn’t say it in front of everybody so we just waited for some time for her to tell it to us.

            “Let’s play a Truth or Dare!” Yoona said. “Yeah! Let’s do that. Here let’s use this empty bottle” Yuri said. “Cool! Everybody is here. Kibum it’s good that you’re here or else we will assume that your dead already’’ haha” Minho said. “Haha’’ really Mianhe guys I’m just too busy now a days” kibum said. “Yoona unnie missed you a lot you know?” Hyun said. “Aww, really? Hehe” Kibum said. “Stop that and let’s start playing” Kyuhyun said.

            The bottle is spinning and it pointed at Yoona. “Ok I will ask the question first” Yuri said. “How do you feel that Kibum is here with us now? Yuri asked. “Yiee” All of us are teasing Yoona. “Well, I am happy. He is one of my closest best friends and I missed him so much when he was always away” Yoona answered. “Is that all?” Hyun said. “Yes that’s all” Yoona said and smirked to us. Yoona is now spinning the bottle pointed at Kibum. “Bum, we are friends since high school. Care to tell us if you have liked someone since then? Yoona asked while smiling mischievously. “ahmnn, of course I have liked someone but she doesn’t like me the way I like her and I’ll just leave it like that” Kibum said. “Uh..Bum, why didn’t you tell it to me? I might be able to help yout at that time” Yoona said and pouted. “Don’t worry, I’m alright” Kibum said and smiled. Kibum was the one who spin the bottle now and it pointed at Siwon. “Bum, can I ask the question for Siwon?” Teukie said. “Ok” Kibum answered. “Dude, what if Fany and you broke up, what will you do?’ Teukie asked Siwon while smiling. Siwon frowned from hearing the question.

 

Siwon’s POV

            Why would Leeteuk suddenly asked that question? I got irritated and frowned in front of them. “Why would you suddenly ask that weird question? Well first that would not happen because I love Tiff all my life and I will not let anyone or anything be a hindrance of our love” I answered at him while smirking. “What if Fany leave you?” Kyuhyun said. “That would not happen, right Tiff? I asked Fany while looking at her. She nodded and then I kissed her forehead. “I told you. You should not ask that kind of questions you know? Please aske sensible questions and  that are believable, ok?” I told them and hugged Tiff. I missed her so much.

            Suddenly Sulli and Krystal came and joined us. Tiff hugged Sulli, I smiled looking at them because Tiff treats Sulli like her real sister and Sulli is really happy because she really likes Tiff to be her sister and I will make sure that her wish will come true. Yuri also hugged Sulli, Sulli also liked Yuri and treats each other like sisters but I think she liked Tiff more. Of course she is my girlfriend. Krystal was hugged by Sica, her sister. They really do miss each other because he pulled Krystal to sit next to her while Sulli sits next to Tiff. We continued playing the game.

 

Tiffany’s POV

            I asked Sica and Tae to accompany me to the comfort room when the game ended already. We left our friends while they were chatting with each other; Hyun went to a store nearby to buy something. I am about to tell them the results of my tests and I know that they were anxious to know it because they keep on looking at me when I arrived. The three of us went to the comfort room and talked about the results.

            “Tae, Sica, I got the results already” I told them. “What are the results Fany? What did the doctor said?” Sica said. “I….I…got leukemia” I told them while sobbing. “What? Are you serious? Tae said tears are starting to fall from her eyes and Sica’s. The three of us are already sobbing. Sica and Tae were hugging me. “Fany what did the doctor said about cure? What will they do to treat your illness?’’ Tae said. “They will be able to cure your illness right? You will be ok rght?” Sica said. “They said I can choose my treatment. Chemotherapy, Radiation therapy or stem cell treatment but I have to undergo bone marrow aspiration first and they said that they will not guarantee that I will be ok 100% but they will do their best to make me live” I told them.

             “Fany-ah…when will they do this bone marrow aspiration to you? We want to be there, we want to accompany you” Sica said. “They want me to do it next week” I answered. “Fany, did you tell Siwon about this already? Will you tell him that you have leukemia? You should tell him Fany. You know he cares for you so much, he needs to know” Tae said.

            “Please, don’t tell Siwon this. I don’t want him to know about this. Promise me Tae, Sica only the both of you will know about this. Even to our friends don’t tell this to them. Please? Promise me” I told them. We were talking when suddenly we heard someone sobbing. The three of us are looking at each other and wondered who it is. We thought that only the three of us are in the comfort room then suddenly someone is crying. We look inside each cubicle to find where the sobbing sound is coming from. When we reached the door, the door opened and it revealed a person that we didn’t expect to be there. I wished she was not there at that time.

            She hugged me tightly while crying and I hugged her back. “Unnie, you’re sick? When are you planning to tell us? Why don’t you tell us?...



 

Chapter 5 checked :) hope you like the update. Sory for some grammatical errors. Is it long enough? I will not be able to update like usual for a week because we will be having our midterm exams and I am so anxious to get high grades because last time I got really low :( I will be updating after we finished our exams. I am so happy because next year january 19, 2013 KPOP Fantasy will be held here in my country!!!!!!!I am so excited because finally I would be able to see SNSD in person and performed live! one of my dreams will come true :))) I will be able to see some KPOP groups also but SNSD is my bias'' hehe Don't foget to comment your reactions and subscribe :) Thank your for reading my story :)