Chapter 16. I thought worst

Chances

 

Chapter 16

I thought worst

Jessica’s POV

            I called Tiffany and asked her to hang out with me today. When we were talking, I can feel the sadness in her voice. I choose to ignore it and talk to her about it later when we see each other. I want to spend some time with her because I haven’t visited her that much when she got back. I miss the times that we spent with each other when she still lives in my apartment. I now live there with my sister Krystal. We often not see each other because she is always busy with school work and I am busy in the firm. I am actually lucky because they allowed me to have a break.

            I am now sitting on a bench in the mall waiting for Tiffany. It was a good thing that I was not bored waiting for her because Donghae keeps on texting me, she knows that I hate waiting especially when I am alone.

            “Mianhe! Sorry for making you wait!” Tiffany shouted while running towards me.

            “Pabo! Why did you run?!” I shouted at her while I was rushing to get her to stop.

            “I am late and I know you are alone waiting. You hate waiting especially when you’re alone, Mianhe” Tiffany said panting. “You should sit first to get some rest. You shouldn’t run because of that reason. What if something happens to you?” I said as I led her to the bench where I was sitting.

            “Mianhe, it’s just that I am happy to see you” Tiffany said while wiping her sweat with a handkerchief.

            “Do you want to get something to drink first?” I asked her while helping her get the strands of hair away from her face.

             “No Sica. I’m ok. Let’s start. What do you want to do first?” Tiffany said smiling at me.

            “Are you sure?” I said eyeing her.

            “Yes, I am sure Sica” She answered chuckling.

             “Come on then! I missed shopping with you. You know you are the favorite shopping buddy of all of us. Yu know what we like and what suit us best. We missed you when you are gone” I told her smiling.

            “Jinja? Haha. Ok then let’s start shopping” Tiffany said as she grabbed my hand as we proceed to the Clothes stores.

            It took us three hours to finish our shopping spree. Our hands are full of paper bags that compose mainly of dresses, shoes and make-up. We bought the girls some so that they won’t be mad at us on not telling them or asking them to join us. Well it is really my plan on not telling them. I told Fany that they are busy so that I could spend some time with her alone.

            We are now eating at a café at the mall. We were drinking some macchiato when I started a conversation.

            “Fany, do you have something you wish to tell me?” I asked her.

            “Huh? What?” She said. I sense panick in her voice and the way that she reacted to my question.

            “I know you are hiding something. Spill it out” I said giving her my cold stare.

            “Sicaa~ I’m don’t have anything to say. What are you saying?” Tiffany said nervously to me.

            “Fany, we’ve been friends since when? Yesterday? If you think you can hide anything from me, think again sister” I told her mockingly.

            “Am I too obvious?” Tiffany said as she lowers her head.

            “It’s not that you’re obvious Fany. I knew since this morning that you are feeling sad. I can feel it when you were talking to me through the phone. I am just waiting for the right time to ask you what is it and I think this is the right time that I am waiting for” I told her as I place my hand on the top of her. “You can always trust me Fany” I said.

            “We saw each other” Tiffany said as if whispering.

            “What?” I said.

            “We saw each other again” Tiffany said louder this time.

            “You saw who?” I asked her annoyingly.

            “Siwon. We saw each other again” Tiffany said sadly.

            “What? When did you saw each other?” I asked her anxiously.

            “Last night when we were having a family dinner” Tiffany said with a low voice.

            “What? Family dinner? What is he doing there?” I asked her.

            “He is my sister’s boyfriend” Tiffany said holding a sob.

            “Gyuri is your sister?!” I told her almost shouting.

            “Yes she is. I didn’t even know that my sister has a boyfriend. I don’t know if Siwon knows that I am her sister” Tiffany said as tears slowly fall from her eyes.

            “I don’t know that you are her sister Fany. You have nothing in common. In fact I only met her once because Siwon said she is not comfortable hanging with us” I told her.

            “Don’t worry Sica. I am not that close to her. She sees me as an enemy. A hindrance to her desires” Tiffany said chuckling as she wipes the tears that escape from her eyes. “You know what. Siwon and I talked last night and we it didn’t sound good” She added.

            “Let’s stop this discussion for now. I don’t want to talk about it with only the two of us. Let’s continue this discussion when all of the girls are present. Ok?” I said as I help her to get herself fix up.

 

Donghae’s POV

            Sica and I were texting each other all day. I was asking her out but she declined. She said she will be going out with someone. I asked her if I could come but she said I couldn’t because it is private. I tried calling her but she texted me that she couldn’t pick up the phone but we can continue texting. I ask her if she was having fun and she replied yes quickly. I was getting jealous on whom she was with. I want to spend time with her because we haven’t spend time with each other for a while because of our busy schedule but she choose to spend the time she has with someone else.

            I tried calling her for the nth time and I was thankful that she answered.

            “Yoboseyo” Jessica said.

            “Eomma…Baby…I miss you” I said to her and I heard her chuckle.

            “I miss you too Appa. Don’t worry we will see each other tonight” She said playfully.

            “I want to be with you now. I want to see you” I told her.

            “Just wait ok. We will see each other later” She said slightly chuckling.

            “You owe me big time Eomma. A hug is not enough this time” I told her sulking.

            “Appa are you sulking? Don’t sulk it does not suit you. Don’t worry Appa you will not just receive a hug today, ok? Bye now I am doing something” She said.

            “Take care, arasso? I love you” I told her.

            “See you tonight Appa. I love you too” She said and then hangs up.

            I was wondering on what we will do later tonight. I want to plan a perfect date for the both of us because times like this do not come along often. I went to the mall and as I was thinking of what to do tonight I walked by a shop, a jewelry shop to be exact. I went inside just to look but my eye spotted something that made me smile widely. I saw a ring perfect for Jessica. A ring that she will definitely like and I would really like for her to have. I bought the ring and asked them to engraved “My One”. After three hours of waiting they gave it to me and I hid it in my pocket.

            I walked out off the store and as I was on my way out, I saw someone. Someone I didn’t saw for two years. The girl that broke the heart of my best friend, Tiffany, I saw Tiffany. Seeing her made me angry, remembering what Siwon had experienced when she left. I was walking towards her when she looks up and saw me. I can see that she was shock seeing me and I just smirked at her. I was near her already when Jessica comes out from nowhere.

            “Fany, what happened? Why is your face like that?” Jessica asked her not knowing that I am just steps away from them.

            “Hae” Tiffany said as she looks at me.

            “What?” Jessica said as she turns her back and saw me.

            “Hae…” Jessica said astonished as she saw me.

            “Don’t say a thing. I don’t want to hear your explanation” I told her angrily.

            “Hae, please let me explain” Jessica said stuttering. Tears flowing down on her cheeks as she tries to hold my arm.

            “I don’t want to hear your voice better stop talking you’re just wasting your breath” I told her as I jerked her hands away from me.

            I continued walking outside to my car not minding that Jessica and Tiffany are calling my name. I am very angry and frustrated to what I have seen and known. Of all the people why did she has to lie to me? I trusted her. I dialed all the guys’ phone for a call except Siwon’s.

            “Yoboseyo” They said.

            “Tiffany’s back and I think the girls know about this” I told them as I drive my car as fast as I could.

            “How did you know? Are you sure about that?” Leeteuk said.

            “I saw Tiffany just now. I was about to approach her when suddenly Jessica appeared” I told them.

            “Ok. Bye. I got to talk to my girl” They said one by one as they hung up.

            I went to Han River as I let my anger calm down. I was really frustrated now and I don’t want to talk to anyone. I was thinking things through on why she could have kept a secret like that to me. We promised each other that we would not keep lies from each other but she broke that promise. I was so disappointed in her and very frustrated that from all the things that she could hide from me is knowing Tiffany has arrived. Siwon just told me last night about her and I have seen them together today. She should have known from the start that she is back.

            I stayed in Han River longer than I expected and now I am in the car outside Jessica’s apartment. I am just looking at her room’s window. Even though the lights were off I know she is still wake. It’s too early for her to sleep at this time; we often talk to each other through the phone at this time.

            I texted her.

To: Jessica Eomma <3

I’m outside, inside my car.

            I continuously stare at her window when the lights opened. I saw her shadow as she stood up from her bed headed to the door. I opened my door and stood next to it. I was looking at her as she walks from their house to my car. It is evident that she cried for hours because her face looks sad and pale. My heart flinched seeing her; I never wanted to see her like this but I am angry at her right now because of what she had done.

            “Get inside” I told her coldly when she was near my car. I got inside and I didn’t bother to open the door for her.

            I was holding the steering wheel tightly looking straight on the road as she kept her head low.

            “I can’t believe it!” I scolded her.

            “You of all people!” I continued shouting at her as tears flow on her cheeks.

            “Mianhe” She said softly.

            “Damn it!” I shouted as I hit the steering wheel.

            “Hae…” She said as she holds my arm.

            “From all the people that I trusted, I never thought that you will be the one to betray me” I told her and she was already crying.

            “I have never kept a secret from you. You know that because of Tiffany, my best friend was hurt a lot and you didn’t even tell me that you have contact with her” I told her as I continued staring at the road.

            “You won’t understand” Jessica said.

            “What I don’t understand is that why you didn’t tell me!” I told her as I shifted my eyes to her. She was not able to answer this time. She was just looking at my arm where she holds, sobbing.

            “Trust binds ones’ relationship. If the half of that one betrays the other half, the relationship will not work” I told her as I remove her hold.

            She just continued crying as I rested my hands on my sides. I suddenly felt a bulge on my pocket. I remembered the ring that I bought earlier before I saw them together. I felt a sudden rush of blood on my system. I looked at her as she wipes her tears from her face.

            “So is this Goodbye?” She said as she went out of the car leaving me astounded.

 

Jessica’s POV

            I told Tiffany that everything is going to be alright. She won’t believe me but I assured her because she would not let me leave me alone if I don’t tell her that I am ok. I don’t want her to see me crying my heart out so I told her to get home already because I will be surely going home. It’s a good thing that Krystal is not home today because she told me yesterday that she will be going to Sulli’s house because they will be doing some assignment. I cried and cried inside my room because of what happened. It was my first time seeing Donghae like that angry. He texted me tonight and both of us talk about what happened earlier.

            “So is this Goodbye?” That’s the last thing that I told him before I got off the car not waiting for his answer. I don’t want to hear his answer because I don’t want to hear from him that were over. It hurts me a lot because I love him so much. We have been together for almost seven years and I have considered him as my future husband and be the father of my children. I never thought that our relationship will end and will end this way.

            I am now walking back to my house crying. I was badly hurt by our situation and as I was walking I lost my balance and slipped. I fell down, both of my arms on the ground supporting my body not to fall down entirely. I shifted sitting side ways as I sprawl my legs at the side still my hands on the ground for support. I cried harder and thought that this is the worst day of my life.

             I was not aware of my surroundings until I felt a pair of arms tightly hugging me; lifting and shifting me from my position to sit on his lap.

            “Mianhe” I heard him say as she hugs me tightly, my face on his chest as he hugs me tightly towards his body. His chin was resting on my head as he comforts me, my hands automatically on his chest holding on his shirt tightly.

            “I’m so sorry. Baby please forgive me” I heard him say again.

            “No I should be the one asking or your forgiveness” I told him as I looked at his face. Both of us are now crying.

            “No. I should be the one saying sorry. Sorry that I acted that way. I know Tiffany is your best friend and you have your reasons on not telling me. Mianhe, Jessica. Please don’t leave me” He said as he wipes my tears from my face.

            “But I broke your trust. We promised each other that we will never keep secrets from each other. I failed. I failed you” I told him as tears fall down on my cheeks again.

            “No. You didn’t. You just proved to me that you are worthy to be trusted. You by not telling me the reason of Tiffany is the proof” He told me as he continued to caress my cheeks.

            “What do you mean?” I asked him. “You love her like your sister. You promised her that you wouldn’t tell anybody even me her reason. You, keeping it for a long time is the proof that you should be trusted. I understand you now. I trust you enough to wait until you tell me what is it” He told me as we remain on our position.

            “I don’t know what to say” I told him as I continued crying.

            “Just say yes. Just say yes and we will be fine” He said as he rubs his face on mine and hugs me tightly.

            “What? I don’t understand” I asked him.

            He slid a ring on my finger. I was astonished when I saw a diamond ring on my finger and just stare at him. “Marry me JESSICA JUNG. Marry me and we will be just fine. I love you so much I don’t want to let you go” He said.

 

Tiffany’s POV

            I went home sad because of what happened at the mall. Donghae saw me and worst he saw me with Jessica. I hoped that she and Donghae will be well. If it takes to tell Donghae my secret for them to be ok so be it. I’m sure he will keep it.

            I sat on the couch, thinking of hat I can do to make Jessica ok. She told me she is ok but I know she isn’t.

            “What are you thinking about Fany?” Top said as he sat beside me.

            “Nothing. I am just exhausted that’s all” I told him.

            “Are you ok?” He asked as he examines me.

            “I’m really ok top don’t worry too much” I told him as I hold his arm.

            “Are you free tomorrow night?” Top suddenly ask me.

            “Of course I am free. You don’t have to ask that. I don’t have anything to do that much you know?” I said chuckling.

            “Ok. Then it’s a yes” Top said as he looks at me.

            “What? Wait…wait... What are you planning to?” I told him as I eyed him out.

            “Well I was about to ask you to eat out tonight” Top said smiling at me.

            “Jinja? That would be great. I’m in! Where are we going to eat?” I asked him happily.

            “You said yes already ok? There’s no turning back. I still don’t know where are we going to eat” Top said.

            “Ok. So it’s going to be a surprise” I told him.

            “Yes. Sort of. By the way, we won’t be alone with each other” Top said as he looks at me.

            “Who’s coming with us?” I asked him curiously.

            “Siwon and Gyuri. Actually, Siwon was the one who ask me to join them” Top said as he looks at me in the eyes. I just stared blankly athim. “He asks me to bring you with so that it would not be awkward” he added.

            I felt dumb founded and I became nervous. I am worried about what will happen if there is only the four of us in one table.



 

Chapter 16 checked :) It's been two weeks since the last time I have updated. Mianhe :( I have been busy becase of school work. There are a lot of requirements to pass. I hope you enjoyed this update even though this update is mainly on Haesica. I don't know what has gotten into me why I deciede to let this chapter be Haesica. There scene is so cute >.< I've been smiling while I am writing this chapter. Hope you won't mind if I would not be able to update again soon. I would like to say sorry in advance. Don't forget to comment you reactions and subscribe :) Thank you for reading Chances :D