Chapter 17. Strawberry milkshake

Chances

Chapter 17

Strawberry milkshake

Siwon’s POV

            I was contemplating on Gyuri’s decision of bringing Top and Tiffany with us this evening. I haven’t talk nor seen Top or Tiffany after the incident at their house last time. I don’t know how I will react seeing them again after my emotional encounter with Tiffany. The wall that I have built is collapsing in front of my own eyes and I don’t know if I could rebuild it.

            Seating alone in the living room of Tiffany and Gyuri’s house, my thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of Top. He sat in front of me and stared. We were looking at each other as if assessing one another for five minutes when he suddenly speaks.

            “I wonder what you have.” Top said, still staring at me.

            “What are you talking about?” I answered back.

            “I know you know what I’m talking about. Well it’s a good thing that we don’t share because I don’t like sharing things especially someone.” Top said fiercely. I know that he is talking about Tiffany. I can tell that he knows something.

            “We are the same on that field. I also don’t like sharing someone” I told him.

            “I am very happy for you and Gyuri” Top said grinning.

            I was about to answer back when Aunt Min came up between us.

            “Hello Siwon” Aunt Min greeted me with a hug.

            “Good evening Aunt Min” I answered.

            “Thank you for inviting Top and Tiffany with you tonight” She said.

            “It’s nothing. I want to know more about Gyuri’s sister” I answered while looking at Top.

            “Well. It’s getting dark. I’ll check on the girls if they are ready” Aunt Min said as she stood and proceed to the rooms.

            “Get to know thoroughly? You don’t need to do that” Top said.

            I waited for the girls to arrive and ignore him talking.

            I was looking on my phone when someone walks in the living room. She was just standing near Top and I, smiling but not her usual smile, it was timid. Her shoulder length hair lay simply on her shoulders, just puts on light make-up that shows how beautiful she is. She wears a simple pink dress that hangs inches above her knees and pink stilettos. She was also carrying a pink purse that matches her outfit. Up to now, she really loves pink. For a moment, I stared at her, admiring how stunning she looks even though she wears the simplest clothes.

            “You look beautiful tonight Tiffany” Top said as he stands and guides her to the seat next to him.

            She sat in front of me. I was looking at her intently but when our eyes met she immediately withdraws from the eye contact and locks her gaze on the floor. I was about to say something when Gyuri suddenly speaks.

            “We should be get going” she said as she approached me. I did not notice her entering the room. She hooked her arms with mine as she tugs me to stand up.

            Gyuri and I were walking ahead from Top and Tiffany. From my peripheral vision, I can see that they are just walking side by side. Something inside me smiled but I don’t know why I suddenly became happy. Gyuri sat on the passenger seat next to me while Top and Tiffany were seated at the back. Our car ride was not that normal. Gyuri was constantly talking to Top ignoring her sister. It is evident how distant they are from each other. Top constantly asks Tiffany if she is ok but continued talking to Gyuri not including Tiffany in their conversation. I secretly glance at Tiffany once in a while. Admiring how she looks when the city lights passes upon her face.

Tiffany’s POV

            The car ride was awkward. Siwon was always looking at me while Top and Gyuri were talking about some things that I did not mind on knowing. I kept myself busy looking around the places that I miss. I was admiring the view when suddenly we were stuck in traffic and unfortunately we stopped in front Seoul University.

            Memories of me studying here suddenly came back. I remembered good and bad things as our car stopped in front of the gate.

 

Flashback…

            My classes unexpectedly finished early. I am having second thoughts on what should I do during my vacant time because Siwon and the others still have classes. I was wandering around when I decided to buy some strawberry milkshake.

            “Hi Auntie! One strawberry milkshake please” I said to the milk shake lady smiling.

            “Hello Tiffany! One strawberry milkshake coming up!” She said smiling at me.

            She was starting to make my strawberry milkshake when she suddenly talks. “You really like strawberry milkshake” She said.

            “I don’t like it Auntie! I love it!” I told her enthusiastically.

            “You sure love it. This is your second today right?”Auntie asked.

            “No. This is my first for today” I said.

            “Really? But Siwon bought one earlier. He told me that he will be giving it to his girl. That’s you right?” Auntie asked me worriedly.

            “Siwon bought one earlier? He bought it for his girl?”I said. Random things kept on flashing in my mind.

            “I’m sorry Tiffany. I didn’t know” She said as she handed me my order.

            “It’s ok Auntie I did not know either” I said as I walked away crying.

            I was walking, holding my milkshake in my hands when suddenly a man running bumped me that cause it to spill. He said sorry but I kept on walking not minding a thing that he is saying.

            So many questions kept on wandering in my mind “Is Siwon cheating on me? Did he find another woman?  Why did he cheat on me? Am I not enough?” The only thing I knew is that I am hurt and I just keep on walking and walking for hours. I did not notice where my feet dragged me and as I surveyed the area my own feet brought me in front of a chapel. I sat in front as I kept on crying.

            “This is the worst day of my life” I said after ten minutes of sitting here already. “God, please help me. I don’t know what to do anymore” I said crying.

            “Is he cheating on me? Why doesn’t he just tell it to my face and tell me that he doesn’t love me anymore? Why do I have to know it from somebody else?”I asked crying loudly hands on my face.

            “Please give me a sign. I really don’t know what to do anymore I love him so much” I said closing my eyes as I beg for an answer. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw in front of me is the big cross and then beside it is a meaningful sentence “Have FAITH in me”.

            I started crying again. “Ok. Ok. Ok… I did not even get the chance to drink my favorite strawberry milk shake today” I said. A pair of arms suddenly hugged me from the back. That someone buried his face on my neck. Even though I did not see his face, from his scent I can tell who he is his manly scent that I can never forget.

            “You don’t need to run away like that” He said face still buried on my neck. “I will not say those harsh words on you.  Never” He continued.

            “Why? You’ll just leave without telling me?” I asked crying.

            “No. Because I will never leave your side even though you don’t want me anymore” Siwon said as I continue crying.

            “I will always love you. There is no other girl. My girl will always be you. Tiffany Hwang the girl whom I love the most. The only girl whom I want to be Mrs. Siwon Choi” Siwon said hugging me tightly. The bench was the only thing that kept us away from each other. He was hugging me arms on my neck but our bodies were separated by the bench.

            He lowered his hold on my waist as he stood me up and lifted me over the bench that was blocking our way. He turned me around still holding me with his left arm as his right hand was on my face brushing away the tears that was falling continuously.

            “No other. No other Tiffany. There is no one else than you inside my heart. Never doubt that ok” Siwon said tearing up. Now I can see that he was also crying.

            “I’m sorry for doubting your love for me” I said as I hug him burying my face on his chest. “I’m also sorry giving you the space or the time for doubting me. If I’m always by your side you will never have doubted me” Siwon said as he hugs me tightly.

            “What time did you arrive here?” I asked as we sat next to each other, holding hands, his other arm rested on my shoulders.

            “Well…We were all worried looking around for you for hours. As I was walking around looking for you, I saw a beautiful lady walking like a zombie in front of the chapel” He said softly laughing.

            “So you were here long enough to hear…to hear….” I said not being able to finish the sentence.

            “To hear what? Haha…To hear that my girl loves me just as much as I love her?” Siwon said playfully. He lifted my chin and kissed me on my lips. “Your lips are soft after crying. I love it when they are soft but I don’t like seeing you crying because you are sad. I love kissing it after seeing you cry of happiness”.

            I was about to cry again but he stopped me. “Don’t cry again. Aha! I know something that may cheer you up. I was excited on buying this but because I bought it too early it’s not cold anymore. Here is a strawberry milkshake for my one and only girl” Siwon said smiling, handing me my favorite strawberry milkshake.

 

End of flashback…

 

            When I took my eyes off at the university, my gaze suddenly went to the rear view mirror. The longing look in his eyes staring at me made me flinch and look at my fingers.

            “Tiffany, are you alright?” Top asked.

            “I’m ok. Don’t worry about me.” I said.

            “You sure? It seems like you’re cold” Top said as he scoots closer to me.

            “Don’t worry I can handle this” I smiled as I told him.

            “Here, wear my jacket” Siwon said as he takes off the jacket that he is wearing.

            “No really. It’s ok.” I told him.

            “I insist. Please wear this. I…we don’t want you to get sick” Siwon said as he gives the jacket to me.

            “Thank you” I said as I took the jacket from him and wore it.

            “Hey Top, you should thank my boyfriend for lending Tiffany his jacket. You should have brought one for her” Gyuri said as she faked a smile to him.

            “It’s not really a bother” Siwon said as he drives at ease as the traffic disperse.

            The trip to the restaurant is not that far but it took us time to arrive because of the traffic. The ride after the handing of the jacket was quiet. No one bothered to talk and it was awkward. I was only staring at my knotted fingers up until we arrive at our destination. A valet took the key from Siwon and got his car. A host came to us; Siwon must be a VIP here because as soon as he saw us he motioned for the other staff to prepare.

            We were seated in front of each other. Unfortunately, Siwon was in front of me. We chatted…mostly they chatted while we were seated and eating. I did not know what they are talking about because I was just looking at them pretending to be listening, pretending to be interested.

             I was looking around on how the restaurant is well decorated when I felt someone wipe a napkin and hold the napkin on my face. That someone lifted my face to face his and then I saw his worried face immediately as he stand behind me, it was Siwon.

            “Are you alright?” He asked worriedly.

            “Are you alright Steph?” Top asked beside me.

            “I’m alright” I said as I kept my gaze on Siwon.

            “Your nose is bleeding. Are you really alright? Aren’t you dizzy or something?” Siwon asked as he continued to lift my head upwards. His hands hold my face gently.

            “No. I’m ok. You can release my head already I’ll just go to the comfort room” I said as I hold the napkin that he was covering my nose with.

            “I’ll walk you to the comfort room” Top immediately helps me stand up. The minute I set my eyes properly I saw how Gyuri looks at me. Telling me that she is not happy to what was happening.

            Top accompanied me up into the women’s comfort room door. I immediately fixed myself up wiping the blood off my face with water. I don’t know what caused it to happen but I surely did not feel any signs of dizziness. I was confused for a bit but decided to shrug it off. As I get out the comfort room I saw top still waiting for me outside. Worry is still sketched on his face.

            “Don’t worry Top. I’m really ok.” I said smiling at him.

            “Are you sure? Don’t you want me to bring you to the hospital?” Top said holding my arms checking me.

            “Yes. I’m pretty sure about it. Let’s just go back to our table” I said smiling at his actions. As we go back to our table 2 sets of eyes are looking at us. One is looking at me worriedly the other one looks at me with disgust.

            “I’m sorry. I did not mean to worry you all out” I said as soon as I am sitting comfortably.

            “It’s ok. Are you sure that you are alright?” Siwon immediately asks.

            “Yeah, are you really ok Tiffany?” Gyuri asked too.

            “Yes, I am. Thank you for asking” I said smiling at them.

            The waiter arrives carrying a glass of strawberry milkshake. “Oh, it’s for her” Siwon said pointing at me. “I don’t know what might cheer you up but I ordered you a strawberry milkshake.”

 

 


Chapter 17. Checked :) Mianhe :(( I'm so sorry :(( I know it's been seven months before this update :(( I just graduated college and I'm already working so it's hard for me to continue writing. But I will still continue on writing my fanfics.  I am apologizing in advance if the next update is not soon :(( Sorry if the update is not worth the wait but I'm trying to make it up to you. Thank you for those who waited and still not pressing the unsubscribe button :)