Chapter 12 . A glimpse of you

Chances

 

Chapter 12

A glimpse of you

 

Siwon’s POV

            It’s been a while since me and Gyuri, my girlfriend, went out to have a date. I’ve been busy working in the company like her but not busy because of a company but because of school and other things. We decided to meet up at the mall for us to spend time together. I decided to wear a polo shirt, jeans and sneakers because this will be just like an ordinary date but what struck me is that when I saw Gyuri she was wearing a dress inappropriate for the date that I was thinking.

            “Siwon! Why are you dressed like that? I thought we will be having a date today? I prepared for so long to dress up just to see you like this?” Gyuri said angrily. “Well, I didn’t plan it to be a formal date I thought about having it as a casual date. It’s my fault not to tell you what will be our itinerary for today, mianhe” I told her apologizing. “If I knew this would happen I will not wear this dress and I would consider not going’ tsk” She said annoyingly. “I said I’m sorry ok? Let’s just go to the café and have some snacks first” I told her, she holds on my arm and then we walk to the café.

            It was just a short walk but I didn’t like it. She did not like what I have planned for us to have today. I wonder if the rest of the day would be happy as I hope it could be. We sat near the window as I help her to her seat. A disappointed look was plastered on her face; it was the look that I have never gotten before. Whenever I do these things before to Tiff she was always happy. Whenever we got to go with each other it doesn’t matter where will we eat or how will we date as long as we are together, I missed it, I miss all of her even though it’s been two years already. I shouldn’t have thought about her already. It’s been two years since the last time I’ve seen her and I already have a girlfriend. I mentally slapped myself and think about what Gyuri and I will do next.

            After we finished eating our snacks, the two of us went to the mall and have a little shopping. She insisted that we should go to the mall first to buy clothes for her because she is not comfortable on wearing the clothes she is wearing now. I had second thoughts about her answer because why on earth would she wear it if she is not comfortable with it. My head hurts because of her extravagant desires. It’s not that I don’t want to buy her things but she wants me to buy her things that are not necessary and all of it costs a fortune! I’m trying to save some money for future use but she does not help. Women indeed, I have to learn more about them.

            “Siwon, what will we do next after this?” Gyuri asked me while I am paying the things that she bought. “I planned for us to go to the park after this if you don’t mind” I answered. “It’s ok. It has been a long time since the last time I went to a park and it’s a god thing you bought me clothes so I can changed my outfit” She replied. “Then come on. We will just walk from here the park is just a walking distance from the mall” I told her and she nodded.

 

Tiffany’s POV

            It’s been two days since I’ve been back here in Korea. The girls have been visiting me here in our new house. Our new house is bigger than the house eomma and I lived before. I asked eomma why she purchased a bigger one she said it is because mom and dad will be staying for the meantime here to look after me. It’s not that I don’t want them here but I think I am old enough to look after myself; they don’t need to stay here to look after me. I’ve been staying inside the house ever since I got here and I am feeling bored. During my stay in the US, I barely leave the house or the hospital. I always stay inside because the doctors prevent me from going outside often. But I am feeling better now and I want to go to the places I’ve been before.

            I went out of my room and look for Tabi. As I am looking for him I saw eomma watering the plants in our garden. Eomma really loves gardens; before we have a garden in our house smaller than this maybe she is happier now because she is caring for more plants. “Eomma, have you seen Tabi? I mean Top?” I gave her a hug while asking her. “Top? I think I saw him went for a jog earlier this morning. He hasn’t come back yet. Why?” Eomma asked me. “I want to ask him if he wants to accompany me to go outside. I’m bored already. I want to go to places I’ve been before but I didn’t want to bother the girls because I know they are all busy” I told her. “Well, I know Top will accompany you. You should wait for him in the living room then” Eomma said. “Ok” I answered. “Another thing Tiff, you should ask permission from your mom and dad first before going outside. They might get worry if you go somewhere they didn’t know. They went to the market this morning they should be back by now” Eomma said. “Ok” I answered while loosening the hug and walk to the living room.

            According to plan, mom and dad permitted me to go outside because Top will accompany me. We left after lunch and use the car dad bought months before we got back here. It’s a good thing Tabi already got a license because I am not used on walking anymore, I easily get tired. We went to the café where my friends and I usually eat. I missed the place and the food that they serve here especially the people whom I usually go here with before. The place didn’t change much and some of the servers before are still employed here. Crap, they might recognize me. Yuri told me they still go here often. “May I get your order mam, sir?” the waiter asks. “Fany, what do you want to eat” Top asked me. I kept my head low while answering him. “Just like what you will order” I answered. It’s a good thing the waiter did not ask more questions and go already because I recognized him. He was the one who usually gets our orders before. Top and I ate and talked about what I usually do when I was staying here in Korea before. I told him that my friends and I loves to hangout in this café.

            We hang out in the mall for a while and went shopping. “Tabi! Look at this shirt. This will look good on you!” I said excitingly. “Really? Will you buy it for me?” Top said. “What? Nope buy it yourself” I told him then put back the shirt back to the clothes rack. “Wait! I want that!” Top said and then he grabs the shirt. “I’ll buy it because you said it will look good me. I’ll fit this first wait for me here” He said smiling at me before leaving.

             He is just too playful. Sometimes I remember Siwon because of his actions. Their actions are somehow alike when it comes to being playful and caring. Both of them are handsome but their appeal is different from each other. It’s been two years already; I wonder what he does know. “It fits! Come I’ll pay for it” Top grabbed my hands and pulled me to the cashier which cause my thoughts to disappear from my head. We walked outside the mall until Top brought me to the place that I missed the most. He brought me to the park where memories are still fresh in my mind.

 

Siwon’s POV

            Gyuri and I were sitting in a bench were I used to stay whenever me and my friends go here. We were just minding the scene until someone called her phone and chatted for a while. My mind drifted to many memories that this place holds…

 

Flashback…

            We were supposed to go the mall this day but Tiff insisted on going somewhere else..

            “Wonie, why don’t we just go to the park instead of going to the mall today?” Tiff said looking at me, pouting.

            “So cute’ haha’’ what happened? Why do you suddenly want to go to the park instead of going to the mall?” I asked her while pinching her cheeks.

            “I missed going to the park. It’s been a while since the last time we went there. We’re always going to the mall and buy things. We should be saving money you know. You always buy things that we don’t need” Tiff said still pouting.

            “But it’s alright. I will be earning lots of money after we finish college. You know I love buying things for you. I want to spoil you” I told her while I caress her cheeks.

            “But I don’t want you buying things for me especially if it’s expensive. You buy me things that I don’t even need” Tiff said looking like she’s sulking.

            “But I want to give you the most expensive and greatest things out there. I want to give you all the best things that you deserve to have. You’re too thrifty you don’t buy yourself things that suit you. I want to make you happy and that is one of the ways I know that will be effective” I told her while caressing her cheeks.

            “But I don’t need those expensive things. I’m not a material kind of girl Wonie. I don’t measure happiness by the price tag just the sight of you makes me happy. You should know me by now” Tiff said looking at me with her lips pouting.

            “You know you should stop pouting. You know what it makes me when you do that” I told her grinning.

            “Huh?” She looks at me amused. I gave her a peck on the lips and then smiled widely. “Hey! Why did you do that for?” she said almost shouting but she looks cute hitting me soflty in my arm.

            “Well, you keep on pouting your lips. You know that I get tempted to kiss you every time you pout your lips. I just can’t control myself on kissing you every time you pout those strawberry lips of yours. You just keep on repeating pouting your lips it seems like you are doing it on purpose for me to give you a kiss” I told her.

            “I’m not doing it on purpose. I’m just telling you that buying me things doesn’t buy me” she said and she said it pouting again. I think she does not know that when she wines she keeps on pouting.

            “You know your pouting again” I told her and she covered her lips with her hands. “I understand you” I said chuckling and hug her. “You know just seeing you make my heart flutter. I know who and what you are. I know that material things do not make you happy but I keep on giving you those things for me to be happy. Seeing you using, wearing or just simply displaying the things that I bought for you make me happy” I told her.

            “Thank you for the things that you have given me but I am most grateful for you for always staying by my side” She said as she hugs me back. “I love you Wonie. I love you so much I don’t want to let you go” She said as she tightens our hug.

            “I love you too Tiff. So much and I am not planning to let you go either” I told her as we savor the moment hugging each other.

            After a few moments I loosen the hug. “Come on. Let me take my baby to the park so that I could make her happy this day” I told her.

            “What? Who’s your baby?” She said as she was confused by the endearment that I used for her.

            “You are my baby” I said as I poke the top of her nose using my fingers. I held her hand and we proceeded to the park. We stayed there and played with the children on the playground.

 

Present…..

            We promise each other that we won’t let go but look where I am standing now. My day dreaming was interrupted when Gyuri spoke. “Siwon, can you please buy me something to drink. I’m kind of thirsty” She said.

            “Ok, just wait for me here. I’ll just buy us drinks as well as something to eat” I told her as I stand up and went to the convenience store near the park.

            I bought us food and drinks and I was going back to where we are seated. I was already heading to the bench when my eye caught on something….more of someone. The shape of her head, her strawberry lips, her creamy white skin and most specially the shape of her eyes; the eyes which I fell in love with she was Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang the woman whom I love. She was far from me but I still can recognize her. I can’t be wrong it was her. Her hair is a lot shorter than before and it seems like she lost weight but I know she is Tiff.

            I hastened to the place where she is. We were side by side walking; a barricade separating us a few meters from each other. I can see her but she doesn’t notice me. She was walking to somewhere. I was briskly walking when I saw her lips widen, smiling. Her smile that I missed the most, the eye smile that makes my legs feels weak all the time. I don’t know why I can’t say a word. I want to shout her name but I can’t utter any word. I was mesmerized by seeing again after two years. Two years of not seeing her made me like this. “Tabi!” I heard her shout. I frowned to what happened next.

             I saw her walked to the guy and they proceeded to a black car and drifted away. My feet were stuck to where I was standing. I just felt tears flowing down my face and it just won’t stop.

            I sat down to the nearest bench to regain my composure before going back to Gyuri. “What took you so long? I told you I am thirsty already” She said angrily to me. “Here drink first. I’ll drive you to your place I have to go home already” I told her coldly.

            “What? Our date is finished already? Well its ok my friends asked me out while you are buying drinks and I said yes. This date is not going further to what I expected anyway. Just drop me off to the Brender’s café because we will be meeting there. It’s a little far away from here” Gyuri said.

            I drop off Gyuri first to the Brender’s café before I headed back home. I did not go outside anymore as it is already night time when I arrive. I took the long drive back home thinking of what happened earlier. I am already laying down here in my bed but it doesn’t work, I can’t sleep. I am still thinking about Tiff. Why is she back? What is she doing in the park? Who is Tabi? Is he her new boyfriend? Why am I acting like this? Do I still love her? Why am I jealous? Am I jealous?

  


 

 Chapter 12 checked :) It's been a long time since I have updated. Mianhe :( Our Sem has ended last friday but i did nt have the chance to update because I have a lot of paperworks. One of my professors require us to make our own book :( Lucky us huh? But I am now on vacation! :) Yehey! two weeks of sembreak means I have a lot of time on writing'' hehehe'' but I am not promising that I could update often or sooner after this' hehe' Did you like this chapter? It's almost three weeks in the making'' hehe'' SNSD will be releasing their new album this November right?? hehe'' I can't wait :D Don't forget to comment your reactions and subscribe :D Thank you for reading CHANCES! :D