Chapter 8. Another memory to hold on to

Chances

 

Chapter 8

Another memory to hold on to



 

 

No One’s POV

            The girls accompany Tiffany in the hospital for three more days. The doctor diagnosed Tiffany with stage two leukemia. She has to undergo several treatments in order to treat her illness. The doctors advised her to take full rest because she will be experiencing more symptoms. Sudden fever, nausea, headache, sudden bruises and she will be weaker. The girls made an agreement that all of them will look after Tiffany. They wouldn’t leave her on her own. On the other side, Siwon has been aching to see Tiffany. He is planning to give her a surprise because they didn’t see each other for so long, he missed her so much.

 

Siwon’s POV

            I called Tiff to ask her out today. I missed her so much we didn’t see each other for a week. I’ve been busy a lot lately and already exhausted when I am home at the evening. I always call her at night before I go to sleep and in the morning before I go to the University. After a long tiring day, just the sound of her voice soothes me and as I go to the University it fills my energy to perform my best. She always cheers me up; inspires me to do my best in everything that I do that is why I love her so much.

            I went to their apartment to pick her up for our date. I went inside and surprisingly all of the girls are here. “Hi Oppa! Not so nice to see you. We planned to hang out today just us girls but you ask Fany out’ tsk “ Sooyoung said. “Sorry girls but I just missed Tiff so much. It’s been a week you know” I told them. “Don’t worry oppa, she is already finished. What do you expect you just called about 2 hrs ago to ask her for a date” Yoona said. “Oh! Siwon oppa! Fany unnie, Siwon oppa is here already!” Hyun said. “Ok I am already going there!” Tiff said. I smiled when I heard her voice. “Miss her too much oppa?” Yuri said. “Yes, so much” I said.

            When I saw her walking towards me, my smile got bigger. She was wearing a floral dress that hugs her body with a cut just above her knees. She was stunning. Her hair just flow neatly on her with curls on the end. I hugged her immediately and inhaled her scent. “I missed you” Fany said. “I missed you too baby” I told her. “Baby? What a nice name for your endearment for each other oppa” Sica said sarcastically. We just looked at her. “You better go already oppa. We don’t want to see your mushiness with each other” Tae said. “That’s what I’m planning to do. You better call your boyfriends here you know if your jealous” I said Tiff hit me softly in my arm. “Yah! Get out already!” Sica said. We said our goodbyes to the girls and we proceeded to our date.

            We ride the bus to our destination and sit at the end. We were sitting beside each other arms clasped. Tiff rests her head in my shoulder. “Tiff, I notice that you lost weight? Are you ok? Your pale” I asked her. “Jinja? Don’t worry I am ok. I am just not feeling well in the past few days but I am ok already” she said. “Why didn’t you tell me? If I knew I would go to your apartment and look after you”. “Sorry oppa, I don’t like to interrupt you, I know that you are busy in school because of your project. See? You even have eye bags” she chuckled. “Even so, you are far more important than that Tiff. You know that” I told her. “Jinja? Haha’’ I am just joking. Sorry Siwon. Thank you, thank you because you care for me” She said and kisses my cheeks. “If the reward for caring for you is like that, I think a kiss on the cheeks is not enough” I told her. Her face got crimson red and hit me on the shoulder. “I am just joking baby. Just take care of yourself when I am not around is enough for my reward from you” I told her. “Geez, so mushy, so where are we going?” Tiff said.”Secret, just wait we are near” I told her.

 

Tiffany’s POV

            The bus stopped in front of the amusement park. I turned to Siwon and look at his eyes with a questionable look; he just nodded smiling.

            It’s been a long time since the last time I went in an amusement park. I wished our friends our here to enjoy this with us. Surely Siwon knows how a good date should be. “Wonie, thanks for bringing me here” I told him. “You are much more welcome Tiff. You are the only girl I ever went in here and the only one want to spend the time here of course except with our friends they are different” he said and I just answer him with a smile.

            We went inside the park and walk around before choosing which ride we should ride first. Siwon choose the roller coaster first. At first I told him that I don’t want to ride those kinds of rides because it scares me. He assured me that he will not let me get hurt. He holds my hand tightly and looks at me straight in the eyes. “Tiff, don’t be scared. I will be here beside you all throughout. You just have to trust me that I will not let anything bad happen to you” he told me sincerely.

            “It’s not that I don’t trust you Siwon. It’s just that you know I am scared of fast rides and heights”, I told him. “I know. We are here to conquer your fear” he said smiling at me. We walk arms clasped straight to the roller coaster ride. We sat next to each other and he turns to look at me. “Enjoy the ride and don’t be scared. I am here just by your side. Just scream your heart out and I will be doing that too” He told me. I nodded. “Let’s have a deal ok”, he said as he let go of my hands. “At the peak of the ride, see that? That’s the highest part of the rails as the carts go fast going downwards we have to hold our hands and shout “forever”, ok?” he told me. “Why do I have to do that? That is silly” I told him. “We have to do that. It will mean that even in struggles we will not leave each other” he smiled at me.

            The ride starts and the people started to clap their hands because of excitement. As the ride went on I close my eyes. Siwon taps me by the shoulder. He is saying something but I can’t hear but I can read through his lips. He is telling me to open my eyes and enjoy the ride, feel it. I obliged to his request and opened my eyes. I screamed my heart out. I thought the earth was going to end.

            The cart was going upward; getting ready for the last drop. It was the highlight of the whole ride. When the cart was at its peak Siwon holds my hand, looks at me and smiled. He was ready to shout the words “forever” when I withdrew my hands from his tight hold.

 

Siwon’s POV

            I was ready to shout forever when Tiff withdrew her hands from my grip. She just put her hands on her face, closes her eyes tightly and screams.

            As the ride ends, I took her to the nearest bench to sit down. “You didn’t shout. Worst is you withdrew your hand from my grip” I told her frowning. “I’m sorry. I am too scared to shout and not cover my face” she said. I took her hands and intertwine it with mine. “Ok, I understand. Just don’t let go of my hands now, ok?” I told her and she nodded. We spent the whole time hanging around and enjoying different games and rides. We were waiting for the fireworks and the last ride that I planned to get on with her is the Ferris wheel.

            It was 7pm already. The fireworks will be starting in less than ten minutes. It’s a good thing that the staff in the Ferris wheel is someone I know. I asked him for a favor that we will ride a specific seat in the Ferris wheel and he agreed. I chose the seat numbered 9. It is a significant number to us because the day when she answered me is nine. As we enter the cart for our seat I notice the box hidden under it. I smiled and she noticed it also. “Siwon, I think someone left it here. Maybe they forgot to bring it. Who would bring a box on riding Ferris wheel, weird” she said.

            When we are on the top, the Ferris wheel stopped and then the fireworks started. We stared at it happily watching the nice view with each other. I turned facing her clasping her hands before the fireworks ended. We are still on the top of the ride and I felt her nervousness. “Siwon, I think the ride got a problem. We are still on top. Call them immediately, I am getting scared here” she said. “Tiff, don’t worry the ride isn’t broken” I told her. “How do you know? Both of us are here”, she asked. “Simply because I planned this” I told her and I see question in her eyes.

            “Tiff, baby, I missed you so much in this past week. We call each other every day but it is not enough for me. Hearing your voice soothes me but seeing you and you beside me is much better. I’ve been busy these past few days because of a project that we have to pass. You were always encouraging me to do my best so that I will have a high grade on this. I appreciated all of your words of encouragement and thoughtfulness” I told her. She beamed her eyes smile to me and said “Same here, I missed you too and being with you is much better than only hearing your voice.”

 

Tiffany’s POV

            “Pick up the box under your seat and open it” he told me. I was confused at first because it was not ours for me to open it. “That is rude Siwon. This box does not belong to us for us to open it. The owner must be looking for it already. He/she might get angry with me if I would open it” I told him. “I told you I planned this and that box was not here with any apparent reason. Open it, I put my 100% on doing it” he told me. “You Woonie surely have lots of surprises” I told him while I open the box. I gasped.

            The box contains a mini house, our dream house. He built a mini version of our dream house. All the features are perfect, just like the one that I drafted on the blueprint, the one that we designed. Every feature that we have discussed is there. I don’t know what to feel. I was surprised by the gift he gave me and he was just smiling in front of me while I am just staring at the gift. “I hope you like it. I built that during breaks when we are doing our project. It’s our dream house, a mini version of our dream house. It is a step ahead right? I still don’t have the money to build the real one but I am assuring you that I am already saving for that” he said. Tears are falling down from my eyes because of the words that he just said. “Baby, don’t cry. Don’t you like my present?” he asked. “I don’t like it Wonnie...I love it” as I say that I hugged him tightly as he hugged me back. As we parted in our, I felt a sudden urged in me.

            I kissed him on his lips. He was taken a back; he was shocked from my actions. He was startled for a mere three seconds but started to respond. Love and desire, it was present in our kiss. He cupped my chin and makes our shared kiss deeper. We stopped kissing after at least five minutes only breaking if we are having difficulty in breathing. We just stared at each other; leaned by each other through our foreheads. “I love you Siwon” I told him and then he said “I love you more than you know Tiff”.

            The date was something I will remember forever, a memory that will be engraved in my heart and in my mind. Our date ended by him taking me to an Italian restaurant for us to eat. Suddenly I feel nausea. The side effects of the medicines that I take are starting already. I excuse myself for a while to go to the comfort where I vomited. I looked at myself in the mirror and examined myself. I was pale; I forgot to drink my medicine earlier because we were having fun. I look for it immediately in my bag and thankfully I have a water bottle with me for me to drink it already. Tears verge to flow from my eyes but I controlled it. I should not cry here; Siwon is with me. I will just be a burden to him if he knows. He is doing a lot in school and I don’t want to interfere. I calmed myself before going out and we proceeded to eat our dinner.

            He took me home and we said our goodbyes. I am already feeling bad and going to faint but at least I need to walk up to the door. He was still at the back waiting for me to enter. I signaled him to go already and he just waved his hands on me and started walking. When he was out of my sight, I knocked on the door. I was surprised that I managed to stand up and knocked on the door because I feel that my insides are killing me already. It took them a while to open it, Hyun opened the door, and she was smiling to me. My eyes became blurry and the last thing that I remember is Hyun shouting my name.

 


Chapter 8 checked :) it took me a while to update right? hehe'' hope you like the new chapter. Don't forget to comment and subbscribe :) thanks for reading my story :) sorry for the grammatical errors.