Chapter 13. Everything seems so near

Chances

 

Chapter 13

Everything seems so near

 

Siwon’s POV

             The thought of her hanging around here in Seoul kept me awake all night. I want to see her and talk to her. I want to ask her why did she leave me and why did we break up. Thinking of her made me feel that I miss her, her eyes, her voice, her warmth and her love but I have to refrain from those because I Have Gyuri now. Even though we don’t see each other that much and communicate well, somehow we get along and I have to fulfill my duties to her as her boyfriend. I have to ignore these feeling and focus more on Gyuri and work.

            I stayed in bed for another five minutes before I decided to take a bath, eat breakfast and prepare for work when suddenly Hae called.

            “Yoboseyo?” I greeted.

            “Yo! Siwon, how are you? Are you at work already?” Donghae asked.

            “Oh, Hae. I’m preparing for work already. Why did you call this early?” I asked.

            “Well, I miss you brother” Donghae said, I heard him laughing.

            “Yeah right, will you please get on with it? I know you want to say something because you’re too workaholic to call me this early” I told him.

            “Well, the guys want us to have a little gathering, just us guys. No girlfriends just us. Are you free tonight?” Donghae asked.

            I thought for it for a while and then I answered “Yes, I’m free, I’ll be there”. I need this in order for me to relax a bit and it’s been a while since me and the guys went on a night out.

            “That’s great! We’ll just text each other later on where will we meet. Bye” Donghae said ending the call.

            This is an opportunity for me to tell the guys that I saw Tiffany. Maybe they know something about her being back. Here did she went for two years? We didn’t hear any news about her for so long and then suddenly she is back already. I just have to wait until tonight to talk to the guys; I have to go to work already I’m running late.

            I was in the middle of working when I heard my phone ringing. I checked my phone and saw that Gyuri was the one calling me.

            “Yoboseyo?” I greeted her.

            “Baby, I miss you” she said. I was surprise with what she called me. We never call each other baby and I only called one girl baby. “I miss you too Gyuri” I answered awkwardly.

            “What are you doing? Are you busy?” She asked me. “Well quite, I am looking through some files. You know that our company is on the high now days” I said.

            “Oh, Ok. Are you busy tomorrow? Can we eat lunch together?” She asked disappointedly. “Because I can hear the disappointment in your voice, I will make sure that we will be having our lunch tomorrow” I told her. This can also be a way for me to not think about Tiff.

            “Really? Thank you Siwon. Just pick me up in front of the school tomorrow ok?” She said. “Ok. I’ll meet you there. Bye” I said. “Ok. Bye baby” She said and hangs up. I just ignored her term of endearment on me and continued working because I am not used to it.

 

Tiffany’s POV

            I got sick from yesterday. I think my body is not yet ready for walking all day because I woke up feeling heavy having a slight fever. I am now resting in my room because mom, dad, eomma and Top are getting over protective. They don’t want me to leave my room for me to rest but I think I am getting sicker lying around doing nothing. I was about to sneak outside my room when my phone rings. I checked who’s calling me, it was Yuri.

            “Yoboseyo, Yuri-ah!” I weakly shouted.

            “Fany-ah, you’re not feeling well today?” Yuri said.

            “How did you know?” I asked her curiously.

            “Well, base from the sound of your voice. It seems like you are not feeling” She said worriedly. “I am not feeling well… I got sick from yesterday. Top and I went out because I am bored already but I ended up getting sick. They don’t want me to leave my roomL” I told her.

            “I’ll visit you. I will be dismissing my students early today. I’ll go there this afternoon” Yuri said. “Jinja?!” I told her almost shouting because I am excited. “Yes, I will. I’ll call the girls if they are free today so we can go to your house to visit you” Yuri said.

            “Ok, I will wait for you guys here. I think I should get a new phone so that I could contact you any time I want” I told her. “Don’t think about it Fany, you should really buy one” haha” Fany I have to go the bell rang already. See you this afternoon, ok? Bye. Take care” She said and hangs up.

            I can’t wait to see the girls again but I wonder what Sooyoung have been doing. I haven’t seen her for two years but I can’t even see her now because I don’t know if she would like to see me. I know I hurt her when I left Siwon especially if she will know that she is the only one from the girls that does not know about my condition. I want to see her but I am scared of what will her reaction be if she’ll see me. I was in the middle of my thoughts when my mom entered my room.

            “Stephanie, how are you? Are you feeling well already?” Mom worriedly asked me.

            “Mom, I am ok already and please, would you please call me Tiffany? We are back in Korea already. I want to be called by my name again” I told my Mom as she walks to sit by me on my bed.

            “I’m your mother you can’t take away that I will be worried about you” Mom told me as she my hair. “Why don’t you like me calling you Stephanie? Gyuri calls you Stephanie right? As I remember that sister of yours still doesn’t go here to see you” She said as her eyes wondered around the room thinking.

            “Mom, it’s because my name is Tiffany not Stephanie. I can’t see the logic of changing my name when we were in the US. As for Gyuri, you know our situation. She does not like me that much” I told her as I look at her face falling sad.

            “I love calling you Stephanie so let’s stick with it me calling you Stephanie. I know, I don’t know why she is acting like that towards you. I hope someday the both of you will be close to each other” She told me. “I hope so too” I replied back.

            “Oh, that reminds me. Your father and I talked and we will be having a family dinner the day after tomorrow. I will be calling Gyuri and I will be obliging her to go here” Mom said as her face brightens up. I think she really is looking forward on me and Gyuri to see each other.

            “Ok. Mom, by the way, the girls will be here this by lunch time. Is it ok? I told them that I am sick and they want to visit me” I told my mom. “Really? Ok. I’ll be cooking food for them. Your friends are really nice Steph. I like them” Mom said as she looks at me smiling. “I know Mom. That’s why they are my friends and I love them” I smiled saying that to my Mom. “Well, I have to keep going. I’ll be going to the market to buy ingredients to the food that I will be cooking. Do you want something?” Mom asked me. “Can you buy me strawberry milk, please?” I asked my Mom showing my aegyo. “Aish, this girl is being childish again. Because you are sick I’ll let this one go’’ haha’’ my daughter is so cute. Mom will go now ok. REST” Mom said as she kissed me on the top of my head and went out of my room.

            I was so bored, as I heard Mom said goodbye to Dad I went out of my room. Dad saw me; he smirked as he shook his head. I hugged him first and went to the living room to watch some movies. He sat beside me and we watched Tv together.

Jessica’s POV

            I was opening my shop when my phone rings.

            “Yoboseyo?” I asked. I did not get the chance to see who the caller is.

            “Sica, it’s me Yuri” Yuri said. “Oh! Yuri-ah. This is sudden. Why did you call this early?” I asked her. “Fany is sick. I already called the girls. Hyun, Tae and Yoong will be coming with me this afternoon. Would you want to come with us?” Yuri asked me.

            “Of course I want to come with you. How did you know that she was sick?” I asked her having a slight of jealousy. “I called her earlier this morning and I noticed that her voice is weak so I suspected that she is sick and she confirmed it” Yuri said.

            “Ok, where will we wait for each other?” I asked her. “Let’s just wait outside their house” Yuri said. “Ok, I’m in” I said. “Ok, See you later” Yuri said and hung up.

            I went to my office and sat on my chair thinking of what to buy for Tiffany. Our shop is not busy this day. I am thankful that my family helped me build my own small fashion company. I could leave early because I am not the only designer here if ever we would have customers to attend to. I already told my secretary that I will be leaving early this afternoon because of an emergency. I was looking at some designs when my phone rings, Sooyoung is calling.

            “Yoboseyo, Sooyoung-ah?” I greeted her.

            “Sica-ah! I miss you. How are you?” She greeted back.

            “I miss you too Sooyoung. I’m ok. You, how are you?” I asked her back.

            “I’m ok too. It’s just that I miss you Sica tha’ts why I called” Sooyoung said.

            “What is it Sooyoung? I know you want to tell me something that’s why you called me. Spit it out” I told her. She does not use her aegyo that easily. She uses it whenever she wants something.

            “Well, could you come and eat with me this lunch? Wookie is busy” She told me.

            “Uhmmn..Sorry Sooyoung. I have something to do. Sorry I can’t accompany you this lunch” I told her weakly.

            “Cheongmal? Ok it’s ok. Everybody seems to be busy today. I also called the girls and all of them also said that they are busy” Sooyoung said. “So, I was the last choice for you to have lunch with?” I asked her coldly.

            “It’s not that. Oh, wait I think someone is calling me. Bye Sica! Talk to you soon” She said and hangs up. I chuckled a bit because she was a bit scared because of my reaction but I sighed afterwards because I lied again to Sooyoung. It’s hard lying to your friend especially if you are close to each other. We’ve been lying to her for two years already not only to her but also to all of her friends. I hope that the day were we will tell them the truth is near already. My thoughts have been interrupted when someone texted me.

From: Donghae Appa <3

Eomma,

Me and the boys will be hanging out today.

I will not be able to drive you home tonight.

Don’t take a cab if you’re going home late.

Text the driver to take you home and

I promise I will not drink too much.

Take care and I Love you.

 

            I replied.

To: Donghae Appa <3

Don’t drink too much Appa >.<

I don’t want you to get into an accident because you’re drunk.

Don’t worry about me; I can take care of myself well.

Take care and I Love you too.

 

            I reviewed a few designs more and then packed my things to prepare to go to Fany’s.

 

No One’s POV

            The girls chatted all through the day. They accompanied Tiffany throughout the day and had the chance to get to know Tiffany’s parents more. Top have been accompanying them also; chatting with them and seems like doing everything for Tiffany. Top have been consistent on taking care of Tiffany; serving her food when eating, telling her to eat her medicine, giving her water every once in a while and constantly asking her if she was feeling well. The girls can see the concern and sincere in his acts but definitely they could see the affection in his eyes and his gestures towards Tiffany that shows that he loved her more than a friend. He only went out when Tiffany told him that she and the girls need to talk something private and he just decided to go somewhere. Tiffany told them that Top confessed to her before but she rejected him telling him that she just love him as her friend. They also talked about Sooyoung and when will they tell her that she is back and the real reason of her leaving.

            The boys had fun in a bar. They did not drink too much but they talked about business and sports. Siwon did not tell them that he saw Tiffany. The boys kept on asking Siwon if he is alright because he is physically present but mentally in another dimension. He just can’t stop on thinking about Tiffany even though his friends are with him. His friends asks him about him and Gyuri, Siwon just keep on saying that they are ok and eventually they will be having lunch together the next day. They were grinding Siwon for information but they just keep on getting bits. They could see that Siwon is not that happy having a relationship with Gyuri because for them only one person can make their best friend happy and that person is the same person that broke his heart two years ago.

 

Siwon’s POV

            Gyuri and I will be having our lunch today. I am now on my way to fetch her. I am having second thoughts on fetching her because I have to fetch her in Seoul University. I am just thinking why I have to fetch her inside when we could just have meet outside. As I drive my car inside the university I spotted her near the lobby with her friends. I stopped near them and went outside the car.

            “Baby!” She shouted as soon as she saw me walk out of my car. I got irritated a bit. She runs to me a give me a peck on the lips. “I miss you oppa” I got startled because it’s the first time she called me oppa and because she kissed me in front of her friends.

            “Hi” I said. That’s all I can say. I greeted Gyuri and her friends.

            “Wow Gyuri! You’re boyfriend is really hot. You have a great catch here” Her friend said.

            “Hand off! He’s mine! Better be jealous! haha’ come on oppa, let’s get lunch already” Gyuri said as she walks towards the car.

            Our ride to the restaurant is quiet. I did not talk that much because I got a little bit angry to Gyuri because of what she did. She did not talk either because she was busy looking at the mirror doing her make-up.

            We went to an Italian restaurant that she chooses. No wonder she likes it here because the dishes were expensive. The waiter took our order and gave it to us after 20 minutes. We started talking while were eating.

            “Baby, are you free tomorrow?” She asked me.

            “Tomorrow? What time?” I asked her.

            “Dinner. My family is here now in Korea and they want to see me. I told them that I would bring you with me” She said. “Ok. Dinner is fine. I’ll come with you. You didn’t tell me that your parents are here” I told her.

            “Well I am telling you now. They arrived here a few days ago. My parents, aunt, Top and unfortunately my sister will be having dinner with us” She said.

            I got confused on what she said. “Wait, you have a sister? You never told me that you have a sister” I told her feeling frustrated. “Well she’s not that important because we are not close” She said.

            “But still she’s you’re sister. She’s you’re family you should have told me and then who is Top? Is he your brother that you did not also tell me?” I told her annoyingly.

            “First of all, Top is not my brother. He is a friend of mine in the US. He went here with my family because she has this huge crush over my sister” She told me rudely.

            “So what’s the name of this sister of yours that I didn’t know that exist” I asked her.

            “Well for starters, her name is Stephanie. She is two years older than me probably she is the same age as you” She told me. “She’s your sister you don’t know how old is she” I said sarcastically.

            “Will this conversation stop already? I really hate talking about my sister can’t you see?” She told me and I just stop talking. “Don’t worry you will see and meet her tomorrow if you still consider coming with me” She told me. “Of course I am still going. I want to meet your family just like when you meet mine” I told her and we continued eating.

            Our lunch went on fast because both of us lost our mood. I just went back to the firm and finish the work that I have to do. When I got back home, I can’t stop thinking about the dinner that I will be sharing with Gyuri’s family. I just can’t understand her not telling me that she has an older sister. Why did she keep it from me? My curiosity got bigger. I want to meet her sister and know about her why Gyuri does not like her. I want to know about that Top also. She told me He is a friend of her back from the US but why aren’t they friends now. I think I don’t know her that much for what I know now. I should sleep now and just wait till tomorrow’s dinner to get answers to my questions.

 


Chapter 13 Checked :) Sorry I updated late. Mianhe..Hope you like the new chapter. I had a hard time on writing it because i really got affected by the Khunfany rumor resurfacing again'' huhu'' Well that's life. SNSD will not be having a korean comeback this year :( So sad. I already miss them singing korean songs but I really like "Flower Power" it's so catchy :D  Thanks for reading "Chances" :) Don't forget to comment your reactions and subscribe :) Sorry for the grammatical errors.