Chapter 15. Feelings that linger

Chances

 

Chapter 15

Feelings that linger

Tiffany’s POV

            He holds me tight as he uses his right hand to caress my cheeks. He looks at me straight in the eyes, his eyes stare as if questioning. Our eyes do all the talking as I can feel water bobbling, searching for answers that we can’t utter our eyes do the talking. Having him close to me like this makes me want to hug him and make him feel how I miss him for these past years but I have to restrain myself from doing it. He has someone in his life now and that someone is not me.

            “Did you really forget about me? Did you really want to forget the things that we shared?” Siwon said almost crying.

            “No, I did not forget you. Things that we shared are beautiful memories that I would like to keep and be kept as memories from the past” I told him trying to withdraw from his hold. Both of his hands are now holding my arms to keep me from my place.

            “Why? Why did you leave me?” Siwon asked me as he tightens his hold. “Let’s not talk about it Siwon. We should not talk about our past. You have Gyuri now and you should focus on keeping her happy” I told him coldly while I struggle to get out of his hold. I admit I felt a sting of jealousy when we ate. Seeing Gyuri serve him and kiss him before he went to the comfort room hurts me a lot.

            “I did everything, I gave you everything, and I showed you all of me. Am I not enough for you?” Siwon said as he tries to get a firm hold of me. “Siwon, let me go” I told him but he just keeps his tight hold on me.

            “Siwon, let me go you’re hurting me” I told him as I tried to loosen his grip from me. “What about me? You thought what you did to me did not hurt me?” He said as he looks at me angrily. I was trying to get rid of his hold when he suddenly kisses me. I was caught off guard.

            Slap! I slapped him in the face as soon as I got the chance to release myself from him. Anger rose from the insides of me as I searched the place where we are standing. I was scared that someone might see what he did to me, I felt relieved when I see no one. I was staring at him angrily crying as he stands in front of me breathing heavily. He suddenly hug me “I’m sorry” he said already crying as I try pushing him away from me. What happened to him? Did I do this to him? I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him the truth so that he will be back to me but I don’t want to be selfish. I don’t want to be happy while he is hurting because of me.

            “Please let me go…please” I told him pleadingly. He loosens the hug as both of us stare on the floor. We had a moment of silence to get rid of the anger that both of us felt until someone interrupted. “Siwon! I am looking for you for a while now. What are you both doing here?” Top said standing near the doors. I wonder how long has he been standing there and if he sees us or heard us having an argument especially if he witnesses the kiss.

            “I saw her here getting some wind so I accompanied her. We tried to get to know each other. I want to know something about my girlfriend’s sister” Siwon told him calmly and I hope Top will believe him.

             I excused myself and leave them both to have a conversation. I nodded to both of them and said that I will be just going inside because I am not feeling well. I look at Top strangely because his eyes were fluffy and red as though he cried. I have decided to go straight into my room and that was when I saw Gyuri standing as if waiting for me steps away from my room.

            “Mind your own business and move away. You have taken all that I have and I am not giving this to you” Gyuri said as she pushes me hardly to the wall and walked out. I did not understood what she said because of the thoughts lingering on my head. Deciphering what she said was the last thing that I want to do this day after what happened.

            As I enter my room. I saw eomma sitting waiting for me on the couch. She stood up quickly after seeing me and I run to her embrace. “I still love him eomma” I blurted as I cried all my heart out. Her comfortable embrace soothes me as I cried to her while she runs down her hands on my hair to soothe me. We sat in the couch for a while until she told me to change into my sleeping clothes. She put me to sleep as she tucks me in bed. “Everything is going to be alright Tiffany. Always remember that eomma will always be here by your side. Your friends are also here to support you. Sleep now I’ll tell your mom that you’re not feeling well” She said as she stayed by my side until I fell asleep.

 

Siwon’s POV

            I felt pain as I see how Top cared for Tiffany while we were eating. I could see the affection that Top was showing her. I don’t know if she knows it or she just ignore his feelings for her. He served her food and tries to feed her sometimes; they were like a happy couple. I felt a sting of jealousy; I admit seeing them like that was the last thing I want to see in my lifetime. When I saw her earlier leaning on the rails at the lanai, I could not stop myself from walking near her. What happened to us earlier and what we have talked about brought pain in my heart. I hated myself for hurting her physically without doing it intentionally but I just couldn’t forget the pain that I felt when she decided to leave me. I stared at her as she leaves us and I faced Top with a calm face. I notice that his eyes were fluffy and red as if he cried.

            “How long have you been with Gyuri?” Top asked me as he handed me a can of beer and leaned comfortably to the railings.

            I opened the can as I took a sip before answering. “We’ve been together for three months already”.

            “Gyuri is a nice girl. Everybody just misunderstood her all the time” Top said as he took a sip of his own beer. “I know you should have known her for so long for you to say those things to her” I told him.

            “I am one of his best friends back then when she was still in the US. I’ve known her through a common friend and we started hanging out since then” Top said as he stared to the thin air.

            “I should talk to you often to get to know about her more” I told him as I took another sip of the beer that he gave me. “By the way, why did you join her family here in Korea?” I asked him as if Gyuri did not tell me his real intentions. I just want to hear it straight from him.

            “They are here for vacation so I decided to come with them to have a break of my own” He said as he gulped down a huge amount of beer. I can feel the coldness in his voice in his answers to me. As I thought that he was finish saying his reasons he suddenly turned to face me. “I also want to be beside Tiffany all the time so I could take care of her and protect her all the time” He told me with a stern voice.

            “Why would you do that to Tiffany?” I asked him as I shifted my gaze to him still leaning on the railings. “That would be my business already. Your business is to keep Gyuri as happy as you could. Don’t bother things about Tiffany, I know her more than you do” He told me fiercely as he darted his eyes to me.

            I was about to confront him when Gyuri suddenly interrupted us. “Baby, let’s go home I’m already tired” Gyuri said as she hangs her arms on my neck. “What are you two talking about by the way? You two look serious talking?” She asks.

            “Boy talk, just like you girls do girl talk but with a more serious topic” Top said as he smiled at Gyuri. “Oh, ok. Bye Top see you around” Gyuri said as she pulls me inside to leave.

            We said our goodbyes to Gyuri’s family. Auntie Min was looking for Tiffany when suddenly Auntie Hwang came out from nowhere and told her that she is sleeping already. I took Gyuri to her unit first before I decided to call Donghae.  I asked him to accompany me to the bar tonight and have a few rounds. I wanted to talk to someone about what happened tonight.

            Donghae and I were sitting in the bar and had a few shots already before he started asking me why I suddenly ask for company. “I know you wanted to say something. What is it bro? What is it bothering you?” Donghae asked me as he took a shot.

            “It’s Tiffany. Tiffany’s back Hae” I told him as I took a shot of strong liquor.

            “What? How did you know that she’s back? Did you saw her?” Donghae said as a shock expression was seen in his eyes. I nodded my head as I continue drinking.

            “Wow! When did you see her?” he asked me with a disgust tone. “I saw her just tonight. She is Gyuri’s older sister” I told him as I hung my head leaning on my arm as my glass lay beside my forehead.

            “What a small world we have here. She’s Gyuri’s sister? So what did she say to you? Did you have the chance to talk to her? What was her reaction upon seeing you?” Donghae asked sarcastically.

            “We’ll, she was just as shock as I am when we saw each other. I did not even know that Gyuri has a sister until yesterday. She said that her name was Stephanie that’s why I did not have a clue until I saw her. We got the chance to talk but it is not the one that I imagined” I told him as I took a sip of the liquor in my hands remembering what happened.

            He took a shot of his own as he shook his head disapprovingly. “It’s not worth it Siwon. Don’t think about her that much. She didn’t even contact any of her friends here for the whole time that she is gone. How can a friend do that if she really is one” Donghae said as he took another shot.

            “You don’t know what I am feeling Hae. I don’t know how to act in front of Gyuri when Tiffany is around. I didn’t even know how did I managed to act normal as if I don’t know her in front of their parents” I told him while I am pouring myself a drink.

            “Just act as if you don’t know her. Ignore her if that is the only thing that you could do unless you still have feelings left for her” Donghae said as he looks at me.

            I think for a moment before answering. “I already have Gyuri, Donghae” I told him. “I am not asking you if you already have a girlfriend. I am asking you if you still have feelings for Tiffany” Donghae said still looking at me sternly.

            “I don’t know Hae, I really don’t know. I don’t know if it is hate that I feel or love when I saw her again” I told him as he shook his head and drink more liquor. We just drink all night and did not talk until we said our goodbyes.

 

Top’s POV

            I was hurt upon seeing Siwon and Tiffany talk too close to each other. I shook my head disapprovingly as I heard them talking that they were in a relationship in the past. Already crying, my anger rose up when I saw Siwon kissed Tiffany. My hands turned into bolted fists as I restrain myself on going to them and beat Siwon. I saw how Tiffany slapped him across his cheeks and stared at them as they share an embrace. I went to them after a moment without showing any sign of hurt and anger. I saw Tiffany’s red face as Siwon’s face did not show any emotion. I talked to him man to man and converse with him telling him coldly little things that I understood so that he got an idea of what I wanted to say. I am not going to lose Tiffany to any guy especially him. I know now why Tiffany doesn’t want to have the relationship that I wanted with her and it is because of this guy Siwon. I’ll do everything to get Tiffany and I won’t let myself beaten by this Choi Siwon.

 


Chapter 15 checked :) I updated as soon as I can :) and the sad part of me updating fast is that this time  don't know when will I update again :( I will update and continue writing this story but I can not update soon because I will be busy in school :( My OJT will start tomorrow and that would keep me busy for some time. Thanks for subscribing and reading my story :)