Chapter 14. My heart broke, it’s you.

Chances

 

Chapter 14

My heart broke, it’s you.

 

Siwon’s POV

            The guys and I will be having lunch today. We will be having a sort of a meeting because of Donghae. He is planning to ask Jessica’s hand for marriage already. He is a bit nervous and he wants us to plan it with him. We will not object to their marriage because they have been together for so long already, seven years is no joke. All of us meet up at the café where we usually eat.

            “Hae, I can’t imagine that you are getting married already” Leeteuk said laughing.

            “You can’t imagine her getting married Hyung? What about the fact that he is getting married with his first girlfriend?” Kyuhyun said earning more laughter from Leeteuk.

            “Will you two stop laughing? You two should be happy for me” Donghae said annoyingly.

            “I am happy for you Hae” I told him smiling. “Me too Hyung” Minho said patting his shoulder.

            “I really want to ask her guys. I don’t care if she is my first girlfriend. I want to marry her because I love her and I want her to be my wife. I don’t want her to be known as Jessica Jung but Jessica Lee” Donghae said almost teary-eyed.

            “Hyung don’t be that too serious; were just joking around. Don’t worry we will help you” Kyuhyun said and we started planning.

            Our lunch went by and we finish planning how Donghae will ask Jessica’s hand for marriage. Donghae is happy on what we have decided on what he will do in order to get a sweet yes from Jessica. I am very happy for my friend but I can’t help myself to be jealous. Donghae and Jessica do not have a perfect relationship sometimes they argue among the little things but they settle things easily and hug it up eventually. I wonder if I can achieve the happiness that they have when they are together.

            As I went back to work, I decided to call my sister Sulli. I did not have the chance on telling them that I will be coming home late tonight. She answers the phone on the third ring.

            “Yoboseyo?” She said on the other line.

            “It’s me. Siwon oppa” I told her chuckling.

            “Oh! Oppa! Why did you call?” She asked me.

            “I forgot to tell mom that I will be coming home late today. I called you because she might not hear her phone ringing again” I told her.

            “Oh, ok oppa. Where are you going anyway?” Sulli asked me.

            “Thanks. I am going to meet Gyuri’s family today. We will be having dinner at their house tonight” I told her and I could hear the disapproval on her side.

            “Really oppa? Well I hope her family will treat you nice” she told me with a weak tone. I can hear whispers from her side.

            “Don’t worry about me Sulli. Who’s with you? Is that Krystal?” I asked her.

            “Oh yeah? Here, want to talk to her?” Sulli said happily as she passes her phone to Krystal. Krystal is much more careless on talking. She just tells you what she wants to tell you just like her sister.

            “Oppa! Goodluck on meeting the family of Gyuri-shi’’ haha’’ They might bite’’ haha” I can hear her laughing on the other side.

            “You two…aish..Well I have to work now and you two should be attending your classes now. Ok. Study hard both of you” I told them.

            “Goodbye oppa! Buy something for us if we have high grades ok!” Both of them said in unison and hangs up. I really like talking to them. Talking to my family and friends relieves me from stress. I just continued working until it is time for me to pick up Gyuri.

            I am here now waiting in front of Gyuri’s condominium. I can see her from a far that she is wearing the extravagant dress that I bought for her the last time. The dress hugged her curves and hang inches above her knee.

            “Are you not over dress for this dinner?” I asked her as it annoys me seeing her wearing short provocative dresses.

            “Just say it that you like me wearing short dresses and that you like me being y and beautiful” She said proudly and I almost rolled my eyes from her.

            I opened the car door for her and she immediately sat on the passenger seat. As I sit back and wear my seatbelt she saw the cake that I bought for the dinner.

            “Oh, you bought a cake? What is it?” she asked me.

            “Oh yeah. I bought a strawberry cake for your family” I told her. I don’t know why I bought strawberry cake. When I walk in the cake shop I instantly bought strawberry cake.

            “Why did you buy a strawberry cake? I don’t eat strawberries. I hate strawberries. Oh well, It’s fine anyways I don’t eat cakes now a days, I’m on a diet” She told me and we drive off to their house.

            We stopped in front of the address that Gyuri’s mom texted her. Their house was big and beautiful I wonder why Gyuri prefers to live in a condominium away from them. I opened up the door for Gyuri and both of us proceed on the gate and pressed the doorbell. The maid opened the gate and guides us to the door of the house. When we opened the door Gyuri’s mom greeted us with open arms and a smile. Her eye smiles are familiar to me.

            “Gyuri! I miss you!” her mom said as she hugged her. “You did not fetch us in the airport and yet you did not go to see us here. If not only I called you up you will not go here” she continued.

            “Stop it with the lecture mom. I’m here already” Gyuri said as she separated herself with her mom. “Mom, I want you to meet Siwon, my boyfriend” Gyuri said as her mom turned to look at me.

            “Nice to meet you ma’am” I said as I reach to shake her hand.

            “It’s nice to meet you too Siwon. Just call me Aunt Min. I never knew that my daughter has a boyfriend already” she said as she shakes my hand and she flashes her smile to me.

            She guided us in to the living room where his husband was sitting comfortably. He shakes my hand after he hugged Gyuri and Aunt Min introduces me to him. Gyuri’s family is very nice. That is when I saw Top and I know that his face is very similar to me. Gyuri introduced me to him.

            “Hi my name is Seunghyun but you can call me Top” He said as we shake hands.

            “Hi my name is Siwon” I said.

            “Madam Shin will you check if the dinner is done already? I’m sure Siwon and Gyuri is hungry already” Aunt Min said to the maid.

            “Oh ma’am, I brought something for dinner” I said as I handed the cake that I bought.

            “Oh, thank you Siwon how nice of you. Strawberry cake? This is my daughter’s favorite. Thank you Siwon” Aunt min said as she gave the cake to the maid who proceeded to the kitchen.

            We walk near the dining area, Aunt Min showed me some of Gyuri’s pictures while Gyuri is a bit irritated by what her mother was doing. Until someone said that dinner is already ready.

            “Oh, will someone call Stephanie? We will be having dinner already” Aunt Min said.

            “Let me. I’ll call Tiffany and Aunt Hwang” Top said and I was shocked by what she called Gyuri’s sister.

            “And lastly, this is my eldest daughter Stephanie” she said as she showed me her picture. I was startled, pinned to the couch where I am sitting. No wonder Aunt Min’s eyes were familiar to me because Tiffany inherited her eyes from her.  Gyuri’s sister is Tiffany and she is here now. I can feel water in my eyes which I hold on not to fall. My mind was blank and I was lost in my own thoughts until I heard a voice, the exact same voice that I miss listening to.

            “Mom” she said as I turned to look at her.

 

Tiffany’s POV

A bit earlier…

            Eomma and I are sitting in the lanai. We were talking while waiting for dinner because Gyuri is not yet here. My head is resting on her thighs while she is my hair.

            “Tiffany, how are you feeling? Aren’t you cold? Do you want to go inside the house first?” eomma said as she my hair. “I’m ok eomma, let’s just stay like this for a while” I told her shifting to look at her.

            “How are you and your friends? Your mom told me that they went here when you were sick” Eomma said. “They visited me because Yuri called and she noticed that I was not feeling well. She called the girls up and decided to spend the entire afternoon with me. We were doing good catching things up from each other” I told eomma.

            “How about Sooyoung,Tiffany? Is she there? Does she know that you are back already?” Eomma asked me. Her question startled me a bit but I answered her. “No eomma. She was not here when the girls visited. Up to now she doesn’t know that I am back and about my illness” I answered her weakly.

            “Sooyoung has the right to know Tiffany. She is your friend. You should trust her. Don’t you know that you are hurting her without her knowing? I know you are hurt too by not telling her your condition. You have to tell her soon Tiffany” Eomma said.

            “I know eomma. I can’t hide from her forever. Don’t worry I will tell her soon” I told her as I rise up to sit comfortably by her side.

            “Tiffany, how about Siwon? You can’t hide from him forever too. What if you saw each other again?” Eomma said looking at me straight in my eyes. “I don’t know eomma. I don’t know what I will do if we’ll see each other again. It has been two years. Maybe he has moved on already and has a girlfriend. Maybe he does not want to see me again after what I did to him” I told her tears forming in my eyes. Just the thought of him angry at me and having a new girl by my side makes me weak. I don’t know if I can bear it if I saw him with his new girlfriend.

            Just when we are already deeply talking Top interrupted us. “Tiffany, Aunt Hwang, dinner is ready. Gyuri and her boyfriend are already here also” Top said as he walks to us.

            “Boyfriend? I don’t know that Gyuri has a boyfriend” eomma said questionly.

            “Fany, are you ok? Your eyes are watery” Top said as he walks to me closer.

            “I’m ok Tabi don’t worry. I just got dirt in my eyes. Really? Gyuri brought her boyfriend around?” I ask him while I wipe my eyes with my handkerchief.

            “Yes, she brought her boyfriend with her. Aunt Min is showing him some pictures in the living room. Come on let’s go” Top said as he walks back to inside.

            “Oh, by the way, his name is Siwon” Top said as he continued walking inside the house.

            I was stunned of what he said. It can’t be Siwon; no way is Gyuri’s boyfriend Siwon. I look at eomma with pleading eyes. I’m not yet prepared to see him and absolutely not prepared if he was the boyfriend of Gyuri. Eomma my arm warmly and said “There are so many people in Korea named Siwon Tiffany”.

            “Mom” I called my mom as soon as we walked into the living room. I stopped walking as soon as a pair of warm-watery pleading eyes looked at me. Our gazes were locked with each other as soon as our eyes met. I felt the world has taken over my body and I thought I was turned into a statue looking at him. I opened my mouth to say something but I can’t utter any words at the moment. I inhaled deeply looking at him as I walked nearer.

            “Are you ok Stephanie? You’re not looking well” Mom asked me as she walked near me and put her palms over my forehead to check if my temperature is high and looked if I’m ok.

            “I’m ok Mom. Maybe I’m just hungry and a bit tired” I told my mom as I got separated from the eye contact from Siwon. I still can see him looking at me, eyes like daggers as if it can pass through me.

            “Oh, how rude of me. Siwon come here I want you to meet my eldest daughter Stephanie” Mom said happily. She can’t feel the tension happening but I surely can feel Gyuri notices what’s happening.

            Siwon stood up and slowly walked in front of me. “Siwon meet my daughter Stephanie. Stephanie meet Gyuri’s boyfriend Siwon” Mom said as she entangled Siwon hand to my hand for us to shake. I felt a sort of like electrocuted as soon as our hands touch each other. I just looked at our hands intertwined but as soon as I shifted my gaze up, he was looking at me straight in the eyes. “It is my pleasure to meet you Stephanie” he said as soon as our eyes locked with each other.

            “It’s nice to meet you to Siwon-sshi” I said as I tried to take my arm away from him but his gripped just tightened around it.

            “Siwon no need to call her Stephanie. I and Gyuri only call her that name. Everybody calls her Tiffany, even her friends call her Tiffany” Mom said.

            “Enough of the introductions, can we eat already?” Gyuri said annoyed as Siwon releases his tight grip on my hand.

            We proceeded in the dining room as Gyuri and Siwon sit on the other side in front of us. I was sitting in between of Top and eomma as Siwon is sitting in between of mom and Gyuri. Eomma was holding my hand, caressing it to ensure me that she is always by my side whatever happens. Mom, Dad, Top and Gyuri does not know that I had a boyfriend before I went to the US. Only my friends and eomma new about me having a boyfriend and definitely they didn’t know that he was Siwon. The dinner was good. Mom and Dad converse with Siwon asking him questions about himself. There I knew that he finally graduated and now working for their own company. He is successful on every field that he chooses.

            Siwon excused himself as he finishes eating to go to the comfort room. I excuse myself as I finish eating. I went to the lanai for me to think some things through and to breath. I lost my appetite and I haven’t eaten that much. I was standing; arms rest on the steel bars as I lost my thoughts in the dark night sky. I was humming to myself when a man wearing long sleeves stood beside me and rested his arms comfortably on the steel bars.

            I looked at him as the moon lightened his features. His face was brightened by the moon light as he looks at it. His features glow as the lights of the moon shine on him. I darted my gaze up straight in to the moon when he suddenly talk.

            “The moon really shines brightly today. I haven’t seen it this bright for a long time” He said as he tries to start a conversation with me. I was hesitant at first if I am going to answer him. I can’t think of a better answer than this. “Yeah, me too”.

            I could feel that he shifted closer to me. I looked at him as he shifted his gaze from the moon straight into the flowers planted in the garden. “It’s been a while” he said. I was confused by what he said. “What?” I asked back. “It’s been a while since I saw like this, two years to be exact” he said with a strong deep voice. I just looked at him blankly and just stare at him. He stares at me back and said “Is two years that long not to recognize me?” he asked me weakly. The sound of his voice is heart wrecking. His mood just shifted so fast I thought he will just act coldly.

            “I don’t want to be misunderstood. No one knows here except eomma that we know each other and I want it to remain that way” I told him weakly. “Why? Why don’t you tell them about us?” he fired back. Anger was surely can be heared in his voice. I just stared at him for a while as my watery-eyes wonder on the seriousness of his eyes looking at me. “Because there is no us Siwon. Yes in the past there is but you are with Gyuri now and her knowing about us in the past will not help your and my relationship with her” I told him while I can see the change of emotion through his eyes.

            He held my hands and turns to look at me our faces inches away from each other.

 

Someone’s POV

            I wonder around looking for someone. We have finished eating already and I was wondering if we could talk and hang out that was when I saw two figures of a man and a woman at the lanai. Their backs where facing me and I can’t hear what they are talking about. They were whispering to each other that only murmur I could her. I was looking from the door beside the curtains so that they would not notice me but my eyes widened in shock of what happened next.

           

 


 

Chapter 14 checked :) I updated not as fast as you expected right? hehe I got inspired on writing because of my readers :D hehehe'' I hope  you like the new chapter I posted :) I also made a new poter for chances :) Does it look good? I'm not that good in editing :( Please comment your reactions and for the new readers don't forget to subscribe :) I already posted my new Sifany fanfic entitled "Separated by Home" here's the link. I hope you will like it too :))

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/308831/separated-by-home-haesica-sifany-siwon-taeteuk-tiffany-khun-stella