Chapter 11. Coming back two years after

Chances

 

 

Chapter 11

Coming back two years after

No One’s POV

            It’s been two years ever since Siwon and Tiffany broke up. Siwon’s life was in a mess for more than a year. He kept on looking for Tiffany every single day after they broke up. His studies got affected that he almost got failing grades on every subject. Siwon kept on asking the girls if they know where Tiffany is but they won’t tell him the truth. The girls kept their secret to their boyfriends even though their relationships with them got affected. The boys and Sooyoung got disappointed with Tiffany when she left Siwon especially when they can’t find and contact her after that day. Tiffany did not let the girls accompany her and her aunt on the day of their departure so the last time the girls saw Tiffany was the same with Siwon. After Tiffany left, her friends were saddened more when Kibum left too. He only left letters to all of them and didn’t say goodbye in person. Their friendship seems to loosen up but thankfully they tried to save it and eventually they did and they ended up always bickering with each other, always arguing about what happened between Tiffany and Siwon. They don’t know what leads to them in bickering but whenever they argue they will be ending up arguing about what Tiffany did. These arguing made the girls sad because they know why Tiffany left Siwon and they don’t want their boyfriends saying rude things to her. Even though the boys sometimes say rude things to Tiffany they are not angry with her but disappointed. They just want to hear an explanation coming from her why did she break their friend’s heart.

            It’s been exactly two years today after that day, the day when Tiffany left Siwon. All of them graduated already and now working. For the past three months, Siwon got into a new relationship. Even though he is in a relationship now, he kept on going back to the spot where he last saw Tiffany. He would always bring Sifan with him whenever he goes to the park like today. He can’t deny the fact that Sifan also misses Tiffany because after Tiffany left, Sifan their dog did not have the cheerful attitude whenever they are playing. Yes, they would play whenever they are in the park with his friends but the usual excitement in his eyes was gone just like when the life in his eyes died when Tiffany left him. The only precious thing Tiffany left with him is the sketch of the house that they have designed for them to build, the blueprint that up to now is secretly kept in his drawers.

Siwon’s POV

            I am here again thinking about her, the first woman who entered my heart and the first one to break it. It’s been exactly two years after she broke up with me and disappeared. Up to now my questions are not yet answered. Why did she break up with me? I thought our relationship is in smooth sailing eventually I was the only one who thinks that it is. Is a simple explanation hard to give? Why did she left without a trace? Why didn’t she wait for me to talk to her and save our relationship?

            “Aish, Sifan, we are here again. Are you thinking about her too? I am such a jerk, aren’t I? I should not be thinking of her now because I have a girlfriend already, right?” I talked to Sifan even though he only looks at me. I didn’t even get an answer from him even a nod or a bark. “I’m sorry it has been a long time ever since the last time we went here. I know you miss her. I know you miss your mom and this place would remind you of her” Sifan shifted his gaze from me. “I’m sorry; you know that she hates animals. I don’t know why she wouldn’t like animals, I love animals especially you but no worries I would talk to her and ask her to like you and play with you” I patted his head and he was just looking no staring at the distance.

            After thirty minutes, we went back home already. I have to prepare because the gang and I would meet up to the café. We’ve been busy and it has been a long time since we last gathered up. As I scan trough my things, my eyes suddenly glance to the brown envelope that is neatly place beneath my clothes. I opened it and look to its content. It was the blueprint of the house that “we” supposed to build. The house where “we” supposedly live and have children with but it didn’t happen. Maybe happy ever after could happen to some people only and I am not part of that some. I gently put the blueprint back to the envelope and place it neatly inside the cabinet beneath my clothes. I went to the café already and luckily Leeteuk is already their sitting besides Taeyeon waiting.

            “Hey! How are you guys?” I said. I manly hugged Leeteuk and kissed Taeyeon on the cheeks. “We’re ok, how are you? How have you been?” Taeyeon asked. I did not mind of her being the one asking because she is like that she is like the mother of us all always checking on stuff. “I’ve been good. I’ve been busy a lot because my father keeps on bulking up the things I have to do with the reason that I would soon be taking over our company but seriously I’m not yet ready for that stuff” I said chuckling. “Well, your father trusts you so much to think that you’re already ready for the responsibility” Taeyeon said. “How is your relationship with your girlfriend?” Leeteuk asked. “Our relationship is fine, don’t worry and by the way she has a name. Is it really hard to say her name?” I said. “Well good for you and about the name part I know she has a name but I don’t want to say it because we’re not close and she won’t come with us” Leeteuk said. “And the worst part is that she doesn’t like animals especially Sifan. Poor him, he is always left in the house” Taeyeon said with a sad face. “Don’t worry about the part with Sifan, we went to the park earlier and the part with my girlfriend well she often hangs out with her friends because my friends does not like her that much, do they?” I said to them and the only utter I heard from them are chuckles.

Taeyeon’s POV

            I have mixed emotions on the part that Siwon is now trying to move on. I wonder how Tiffany is and it’s been two years ever since she left. We email each other through those years but it is still not enough for us girls not to be worried. She didn’t send us pictures even though we told her to send them through email. It was always us who send her pictures but not once she sends her picture to us. She always tells us that she is ok but we knew that she is not telling the truth because we know that she is just telling it for us not to get worried. We’ve known Tiffany for years and we know that she doesn’t want anyone of us to get worried about her whenever she is sick or something. She wants to do things on her own and that is the attitude that we want to change from her because we as her friends wants to help her.

            “Sica here!” I shouted as I see Jessica and Donghae entered the café. Jessica was laughing at Donghae when they reached us and Donghae was frowning at her. “I won. I told you she will not come. You will buy me new shoes and you already know what shoes am I referring to, right?” Jessica said while rejoicing. “What have you been up to Sica? What did you won?” I asked her. “Well, we made a bet if Siwon’s girlfriend will be joining with us today and just as I thought she will not come” Jessica said as Donghae moved the chair to help her sit down comfortably and sat beside her. “You’ve been betting if my girlfriend will come here or not? What good friends I have here” Siwon said. “What a good boyfriend we have here. Why don’t you, yourself say her name in front of us?” Teukie said smirking. “Well, as if I have a choice! You told me if I ever mention her name in front of you guys I have to pay for all the food that we will be eating. I could not afford to pay for it all and just by Sooyoung’s meal it will cost a fortune!” Siwon said as he laughed. “Hey I heard that! I don’t eat that much! You’re a wealthy engineer already and you are still thrifty!” Sooyoung said as she and Ryeowook arrive. “I didn’t see you coming Sooyoung. That’s why all of a sudden Siwon was eyeing your eating habits” I said as I hide my laughter.

            Sooyoung and Ryeowook sat beside each other while Seohyun and Kyuhyun came striding and they look that they were having a fight. “Whoo! What do we have here? Are we witnessing a couple fight?” Sooyoung said teasingly. “I told her that she misunderstood what she saw but she won’t listen to me” Kyuhyun said with the sign of desperation on his tone. “What? I misunderstood? I saw her and you. She was clinging on you and you were happy with it” Seohyun said angrily. “I was going to remove her arms already but you suddenly pop out from nowhere and clap your hands as if you were watching a show” Kyuhyun said. “Oh yes, I was watching a show, a show that would have if I haven’t appeared and interrupted it” Seohyun answered and glared at Kyuhyun. Suddenly Yoona together with Yuri and Minho barged in and stood behind Seohyun. “Are we missing something here?” Yoona said as she tapped Seohyun by her shoulder. “You guys should sit down and watch this cut young couple standing in front of us having a fight” Ryeowook said laughing. “Hey Kyuhyun! What have you done to our maknae! I have warned you several times already but you still do it!” Yuri said with an angry tone while Minho was caressing her back to ease her fume. “I didn’t do anything wrong. She saw me with a client earlier and misunderstood what we are doing” Kyuhyun answered. “Ok stop it. We are here to enjoy the company of each other because we haven’t seen each other that often and we are bickering again” I told them. “Both of you separate from each other on the mean time, Seohyun sit beside me and you sit wherever you like but far away from hyun” Sica said glaring at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun agreed because he was nothing against Sica. No one from us dare to argue with an angry Sica especially if it is about our maknae the apple of our eyes to protect from anything or anyone.

Jessica’s POV

            We were having fun teasing each other all afternoon until evening. We were laughing with the silliness of Seohyun and Kyuhyun. Even though they were a little bit far from each other we can see Kyuhyun was desperately begging for Seohyun to forgive her and the funny thing about it is that Seohyun was just replying with her tongue out teasing him. Donghae is chatting with Leeteuk about a new project that he is up to while his right hand is holding my left hand. Leeteuk is just like that to Taeyeon while she was chatting with all of us girls. Minho is seeking advice from Ryeowook because he is taking up the same course that Ryeowook had taken up in college. Siwon just stayed quiet at that time looking at his phone.

            Suddenly I remembered Tiffany. All of us girls miss her presence even though Sooyoung casually says that she is disappointed. One time she told us that she misses the company that Tiffany offers but she was drunk then. I wonder if we will be happier than this if she was present today. Maybe Siwon will be happier than the boys like he usually did when Tiffany was still here. I can see in his eyes that he really doesn’t like the girl that he is dating now and as a friend I am sad because I want him to be happy. She only dated her because she insisted and she does not let Siwon out of his sight and irritatingly cling on him. She was the total opposite of Tiffany who is the type of girl that would wait for the right moment and get to know the man first before having a relationship with him. This girl do the courting and she only knew Siwon then. I wonder if Tiffany is really alright in the US. We didn’t lost contact with each other in email. We always tell her stories about what happen here and she does the same but not as detailed like we do. I know she does not want us to know what really is happening to her there because she doesn’t want us to worry about her. When Auntie Hwang went back a year ago, she called us to go to their house. All of us went to the new house that they have bought except Sooyoung of course. She welcomed us with warm hugs and had cooked for us all. We chatted and talk about Tiffany and her condition there but we knew that auntie will not tell us the details about her because we knew that Tiffany told her to not spill out information about her. She wishes us to meet Tiffany’s sister but she went out and didn’t come back early for us to meet her. I got curious of what she is like; I hope she is like Tiffany. It was dark already when we bid our goodbyes. We received several calls from the boys and we have said several excuses already. We did not tell them that auntie went back already and the decision to not to tell her come back remains up to now.

            Suddenly my phone vibrated. I looked at it and it was a notification from my email account. I tried to ignore it because we were chatting but then another one came in and it says that Tiffany was the one who emailed me. I got shocked and read the email. I felt a sudden squeeze on my hands and as I look up, Donghae was looking at me questioningly. “I’m ok. I felt cold all of sudden” I simply told him. “Here, wear this. I don’t want you catching a cold” Donghae said as he put his jacket on me. “I’ll just go to the powder room. Tae would you accompany me to the powder room?” I said and she nodded. We stood up and went straight to the powder room. I held Taeyeon’s hands to face her to me. “She’s coming back” I told her. “Who’s coming back?” she asked. “Tiffany. She emailed me just now telling me that she is coming back here already” I told her. “Exactly when is she coming back here?” Taeyeon said. “She will be here the day after tomorrow. Her flight will be arriving around 12 in the afternoon” I told her. “Did she tell you why?” She asked. “She did not say. She just said that she wishes to see us soon because she misses us already” I told her. “We miss her too but how long will she stay here?” She asked. “She said that she will be staying here for a while but did not state specifically how long” I told her. “I hope she’ll stay here for good. I hope she is coming back because she is ok already not because she has no chances on getting better” Taeyeon said. “We will see as she gets here” I said. “I’ll have to call auntie and inform the girls with this. We will be picking her up in the airport together with auntie I presume. I will be texting them later and we would have to gather at Auntie’s to plan her return” Taeyeon said. “Ok. I will wait for your instructions. I can’t wait to see Tiffany again. I want to see her in person so that hopefully I would stop worrying about her condition. I don’t really trust her on telling us what her condition really is” I told her. “We have to wait to have answers to our questions. One more thing, we have to keep this first from the boys and Sooyoung. They didn’t know that we still have contact with Tiffany after she left and I know Tiffany wouldn’t want them to know first that she will be back” Taeyeon said and I nodded in agreement. We went back to the guys and chatted to them as if nothing big will be happening the day after tomorrow.

Tiffany’s POV

            I am already packing my bags getting ready for our flight back to Korea. It has been already two years after I flew here to get treated because of my leukemia. I’m still taking up medicines’ but I am well already. Well enough to go back to Korea and face the problems that I have left. I miss my friends; I wish they will forgive me from leaving especially Siwon. I don’t know how to relay them what happened to me here. The treatments that I have received to get better are really painful and I thank God that I had the strength to surpass all that.

            After a year of staying here, eomma together with my sister, Gyuri, went back to Korea. Eomma calls me frequently and asks about my condition. She told me that they already move to Seoul because Gyuri does not want to live far from the City but a few months ago eomma told me that Gyuri already left the house and has been leaving in a condominium away from her. I got disappointed with my sister because she left eomma alone that’s one thing that I wouldn’t do to her. My sister and I were not really close when I went here two years ago with eomma. She did not like it because mom and dad’s attention were with me all the time. She hated the times mom, dad and eomma were taking care of me at the hospital. She rarely visits me when I am in the hospital and she was not even talking to me unless eomma and our parents are around. I don’t know why she hates me because I really wanted to meet her when I came here. I wanted to have fun and shop with her just like with the girls and she acted way beyond I expected and treated me like I was not her sister.

            Gyuri has a friend named Top. I met him when she celebrated her birthday when he brought her back to our house drunk. Mom said he was the only friend of Gyuri that had the attitude that they like. He always takes care of his friends and sends them home whenever they passed out. Mom made him stayed for the night that day because it was past midnight then when they arrived. I chatted with him the next day when we were having breakfast. He was nicer than I thought. His features are not bad either. He was a tall guy, his body was fit enough maybe he exercises and his short black hair complemented his handsome face. We talked about school and eventually he found out why I am here because mom keeps on asking if I am alright and constantly reminding me about my appointment to the doctors. Gyuri saw us talking at the living room that day and she was not happy. She eyed me and told him to go home already because his mom called her to ask for him to go. We became friends after that day but Gyuri was definitely not happy. She totally ignored me the following days not even asking if I am alright. Top constantly visits me every day even when I am in the hospital that made Gyuri more furious than ever. He was the only friend I have in my stay here in the US and knowing that he has developed feelings for me did not hinder our friendship. I told him that I don’t want to have any relationships for now and I don’t want to disappoint him because he is the only friend I have here and he is important to me. He told me that he is not expecting for me to return his love easily but he is willing to wait. I did not promise him anything only friendship but he insists on taking care of me and be with me all the time during my treatments. He was like my knight and shining armor when I am here in the US but he could not replace the one who is in my heart. The man who will always be my first love and greatest love and I will not forget him.

Yuri’s POV

            We are here on the waiting area waiting for Tiffany and her parents. All of us girls and Auntie went here in the airport to fetch them. We were all excited to see Tiffany again eventually her sister was not here. Auntie told us that she was doing something important that is why she was not able to join us here. It has been a year since Auntie and her niece went here from the US and up to now we didn’t have the chance to see her. I was chatting with Auntie when I was startled by Seohyun. “Unnie!” she shouted. “Tiffany unnie here!” she shouted again. All of us faced where Seohyun is looking and saw Tiffany on the way as she hasten to come to us.

            I knew she lost weight just by looking at her. She is still pretty as ever even though she has shorter hair and thinner than the last time we saw her. He also looks tired maybe because of their long flight or because of the treatments she had there. “Tiff!” all of us shouted and we ran to her. “Girls! I miss you so much” she said as she hugs us all. “We miss you too unnie” Yoong said. “Excuse me girls but may I have a look at my darling niece” Auntie said as she hug Tiffany. “Eomma, how are you? I miss you so much when you left” Tiffany said. “You know she keeps on asking on us to call you and ask if you were ok when you left” a guy said to auntie whom I presume is Tiffany’s father. We haven’t met his parents because they live entirely in the US since we met Tiffany. Tiffany broke the hug that auntie and her shared and introduce us to her parents. Her mom and dad were nice like her and her mom really looked like a photocopy of her. “Tiff, who is that guy beside your mom? Is he your brother? I can’t recall on you telling us that you have a brother” Jessica said while pointing at the man beside her mom. “Tiff who is he? Do you mind introducing him to us?” I jokingly said and received a laugh from all. Tiffany went beside him and pull him towards us “Oh yes, he is not my brother. Girls I want you to meet Top my friend from the US. Top they are my friends that I was talking to you about. I hope you would be friends with them. They are beautiful just like me right?” Tiffany said smiling at him. “It’s my pleasure to meet all of you. I have heard lots of things about you from Tiffany and yes all of you are all beautiful. I hope we can be friends” Top said. “Oh yes we could be friends. Beautiful women like us should be friends with handsome guys like you” Taeyeon said laughing. “Are you sure you are just friends with him Tiff?” Jessica asked. “Yes I am sure Sica” Tiffany said smirking at her. “Yes we are just friends even though I ask her to be more than that but she doesn’t like me enough” Top said that earned him a punch on the shoulder from Tiffany. “Oh Unnie you are so picky. Hi my name is Yoona, Im Yoona, I like to meet you more further” Yoona said jokingly while laughing than earned laughter from us. “They probably want to rest girls. We should go home already and continue chatting there as we eat, ok? Now let’s get out of here” Auntie said walking beside Tiffany’s parents.

            We went to their house and continue chatting and catching up to the things that we missed. Tiffany didn’t change. She is still the same old Tiffany that we met when we were kids. The cheerful nice girl who captured our hearts with her famous eye smile that you couldn’t resist. I hope her decision to come back and stay here in Korea is for good and the situation will be alright just like back then. I can’t help to stop thinking about what will happen if her return will be known to everybody. I wonder what will happen.


Chapter 11 checked :) It's been a while since my last update, right? Sorry :( school projects' is coming like there is no tomorrow. We will be having our Final exams next week that's why I dont know when will I be able to update again. Don't forget to comment your reactions and subscribe :D Thanks for reading my story :D