Chapter 7. Pinky Promise

Chances

 

Chapter 7

Pinky Promise

            I looked at her; tears are verging to fall down from my eyes. The only word that came out from my mouth is “Unnie” then I hugged her.

 


 

 

Tiffany’s POV

            The door opened and then we saw Yuri. Her eyes were puffy evident that she has been crying. Hyun runs to her and hugged her tightly. We gaze at each other and I signaled her to walk closer. As she walks closer Tae and Sica reached for her hands and thankfully she holds both. Her eyes flash what she felt inside, hurt and concern gleams through it. “What brings you here Yuri-ah? I thought we are already good in keeping a secret. We did a great job on hiding it to everybody except you huh? *chuckles* I guess your unnies and dongsaeng are not good on hiding things from you” I told her.

            “Fany-ah, you guys are a few months older than me but I think I am much more mature in these things than our dongsaeng. Honestly speaking I felt hurt by you guys by not telling us that you are sick Fany. I asked you back then when we are in the park but you said nothing is wrong. I just shrugged it that day but I never thought that the situation is a lot worse than I thought. Back then I thought it was just a simple problem so I just let it go but this? I know you haven’t told me much but I saw you in the procedure room Fany, I know that treatment. You have cancer Fany-ah! For goodness sake why are you hiding it!” Yuri said. I am just looking at her she is already crying.

            “Yuri-ah, stop crying. This is the reason why I am hiding this. You know that all of us hate it when we see one of us crying, I don’t want you guys crying because I am sick. I already accepted that I am sick and I m giving all my strength to be brave enough to face the treatment that I will undergo. Yuri, please for me, please stop crying. I don’t want to see you guys crying” I told her. “Fany, your relatives, do they know that you’re sick?” Yuri asked. “No they don’t. My parents and sister are in the US and my aunt doesn’t know a thing. Please don’t tell my aunt yet I want to tell her myself.” I told them.

Jessica’s POV

            We settled inside the room, discussing what Fany will do next. She told us that she will call her parents soon to tell them her condition. We told her that we will accompany her to her aunt once she decided to tell her. She is the only relative she has here in Korea and Fany loves her so much because she took care of her since we were kids. “Fany-ah, I think all the girls should know your condition. We’ve been like friends forever they have the right to know” I told Fany. “No! If we tell Sooyoung she will tell it to Siwon. No the answer is no” She said back almost shouting. “Geez Fany, ok, calm down, relax don’t stress yoruself. We will not tell Sooyoung but how about Yoona?” I added. “Ok but only her” Fany said. I sighed at last. “I’ll call Yoong now” Yuri said. She called Yoona in front of us so that we will know what she will tell her. “Pick up Yoong. Yoong where are you? You are at the mall? Ok good. *she looked at us* We are here at the hospital. It’s hard to explain through phone. Go here and don’t tell anyone. And Yoong, please, please buy water and some bread before going here” Yuri said. “Yul unniw, tell her to buy chicken soup for Fany unnie” Hyun said Yuri nods. “Yoong wait, please also buy chicken soup and bring it here ok. The room number is 189 here in SEOUL hospital ok. Bye, be careful on your way here” Yuri said. “Ok, Yoong will be here anytime soon. How about Soo? She is our friend too” I asked them. “I know she is my friend too but you see how close she is to Siwon. She treats him as his brother and I know if we tell her that I am sick she won’t hesitate on telling him” Fany said. I can’t blame her, she loves Siwon so much. I don’t know what Siwon has been doing lately he did not visit Fany but I know they are texting each other every day. We just waited for Yoona to arrive.

Yoona’s POV

            I was in the mall chilling by myself when my phone vibrated. I looked at the ID and its Yuri unnie. “Yoboseyo? I am here at the mall. Yes I am. What? Why are you there? Who is sick? Tell it to me. Ok I will buy those before going there. Ok chicken soup got it. Room 189, SEOUL hospital I will be there soon. Thanks Yuri unnie, don’t I will be careful, bye” I hung up. I worried a lot knowing that they are there. I wonder who is sick and why they are there. I don’t know any of us who got sick these days. Is it one of the boys? I bought all the things Yuri unnie asked me to buy before going to the hospital. It took me thirty minutes to buy the things that I would bring to the hospital and walk. The hospital is just a short walk from the mall. I inhaled deeply for strength before entering the hospital. I walked in straight to the elevator; Room 189 is located in the second floor of the building. As I looked through doors searching the rooms, at last I found it. I grabbed the knob not turning it yet. I thought of first what I will see. Hurt grew inside me and I don’t know why. There is this thing inside me that says that someone got hurt, someone is in a bad condition. I gathered all my strength and turn the knob opening it.

            I saw them circling, sitting on the bed where a woman’s body is lying and then it struck me; the woman lying on the bed is non-other than Fany unnie, our Fany unnie. I went near them and put down the things that I bought aside. “Fany Unnie” I said. Fany unnie is just looking at me smiling. I don’t know what to do; I don’t know what happened to her. “Yoongie, I have something to tell you. I know you keep secrets well and I trust that you would keep this one” She said and I nodded unconsciously. “I know you are confused why I am here right? Well I have been in a bad shape this past few weeks and I didn’t know that I am sick. I don’t know how will I say this to you but I have leukemia” Fany said. I gasped and tears are verging to fall from my eyes. I hugged her tightly as tears flow from my eyes. She winced and I loosen the hug but still hugging her. “Yoong not to tight she undergone bone marrow aspiration earlier that’s why her back is sore”, Sica unnie said. Fany unnie is comforting me as she runs her hands through my hair. “Yoongie, please stop crying. I don’t want to see you like this; I don’t like seeing you like this. This is why I didn’t want to tell all of you about my condition. About that I am sorry because I didn’t tell this to you earlier. I have found out about it 2 weeks ago”, Fany unnie added. “I don’t know what to say. I don’t care that you didn’t tell it to me earlier as long as you tell it to me already. That’s what friends are for unnie; we are here to help you when you needed help, listen to your stories even though they are boring, laugh at your jokes even if it is not funny, care for you when you are sick and love you unconditionally unnie. Especially that we treat each other like sisters unnie. Even though we are not related by blood but by heart all of us are” I told her. I can hear that all of us inside the room are already crying and then I felt someone hugged me. All of us are hugging each other now. “I never knew that you are so sweet Yoong” Yuri unnie said. “Wait. Someone is missing. Where is Sooyoung?” I asked them.

Taeyeon’s POV

            “Wait. Someone is missing. Where is Sooyoung?” Yoona said. It struck us, how will we say it to her. There is no point on not telling her that we should hide from her. “Yoona, we have something to tell you regarding this matter and we want you to comply with it. She nods her head as a sign of approval. I breathed heavily first before telling her. All eyes on me they are expecting that because I am the older one I should be the one telling her even Fany.

            “Yoong, Fany’s condition will be secret from them. Only the five of us will know about it. The boys even Sooyoung are not allowed to kow about it”, I told her. “But why? Why do we have to keep it as a secret?” Yoona asked. “It was Fany’s request. she did not want Siwon to know about her condition. In Sooyoung’s case, she is Siwon’s cousin. If we tell her that Fany is sick she will not hesitate on telling him” I told her.  She was a bit confused but she agreed to it. “Even though I will be feeling guilty hiding something from Sooyoung I will agree to this. For you Fany unnie. I will do it for you” Yoona said.

            “Girls, promise me that this will be our secret until I decide to tell them about it” Fany said. “ We promise” all of u answered. “Pinky promise?” Fany said holding her pinky up. All of us chuckled because of his childish act but comply with it. “Pinky promise” all of us said holding our pinkies up.

 


 

Chapter 7 checked:) I updated again today but it's a bit short I guess. Hope You will like it. Don't forget to comment and subscribe :) Thank you for reading my story :) Sorry for the grammatical errors present in my story. @MeyingLoveSNSD here it is your request'' hehe maybe after two chapters I will be writing the part where they will broke up.