Chapter 6. Procedures and Knowing

Chances

 

Chapter 6

Procedures and Knowing

            She hugged me tightly while crying and I hugged her back. “Unnie, you’re sick? When are you planning to tell us? Why don’t you tell us?...

 


 

 

Tiffany’s POV

            I hugged her tightly while the four of us are sobbing. Seohyun is the baby of our group and the last thing we want to see is seeing her crying. We protected her since we were kids and she is like the greatest younger sister I never had. She doesn’t cry easily and we are thankful for that even though back then she was always teased by our classmates because of doing well in academics. “Hyun, please stop crying. It hurts me more seeing you like this”, I told her while her hair. “Why? Why unnie? Why did this thing happen to you? You are so nice and you always pray for our safety.” She said still crying. “It’s because of my eating habits Hyun. It affected my health because I am not eating healthy foods like you do”, I told her to lighten up her mood. I hate seeing my friends crying. “I told you before stop eating hamburgers and start eating gogumas’!” She whined, cried and hugged me tighter, Sica, Tae and I laughed at her expression. We stayed in the comfort room and went outside to sit on a bench for thirty minutes when the girls started looking for us.

 

Yuri’s POV

            It’s been thirty minutes; Fany, Sica and Tae are not yet back from the comfort room; Kyuhyun leave to look for Hyun. I asked the rest of the girls to go to the comfort room to check out what keeps them there. We saw them sitting on the bench outside the comfort room talking seriously. We went near and sit beside them. “Hey girls what’s wrong?” I ask them. “Nothing” Sica said. I noticed that their eyes are all puffy and I know that they have been crying. I think they are hiding something from us. I think they are not yet ready to tell us the problem; I will just wait for that time to arrive. “Hyun, Kyuhyun has been looking for you in a while now. I think you should call him to tell him you’re here with us already.” I told her. “Jinja? Excuse me unnies I’ll call Kyuhyun first”, Seohyun said. “Unnie, care to tell us what you’re talking about? It seems so serious I’m intrigued”, Yoona said. I shrugged her shoulder after what she said. Their faces are shocked from what Yoona asked showing that they are hiding a secret from us. I told them that we should get back to the guys because they might be looking for us now. As we walk, I felt hurt. We promised that we will not keep secrets from each other and yet they wouldn’t tell us what happened. Sadness didn’t leave my face; I was like that all throughout our picnic.

 

Jessica’s POV

            I felt sad about Fany’s condition and yet she didn’t want to tell it to Siwon and also our friends. I know that Yuri knows that we are hiding something from them. Among our friends, she is the one that we can’t hide things from. She easily feels when something is wrong or when we need help. Her woman instincts are strong. I know she is hurt and disappointed because we didn’t tell her what’s wrong. I do want to tell her forehand but I don’t want to ruin Fany’s plans but I know she will tell them her condition soon. Yuri she is the bravest in our group yet the one who easily gets hurt. She is like the mother of our group next to Tae.

            “Sica, what’s wrong? What are you thinking?” Donghae asked me. “Nothing, I’m just thinking when will be our next get together after this because we will be busy again with our studies”, I answered him, lying to him. “Don’t think too much. I don’t like seeing you sad. Remember that even though we don’t see each other that much, we still be best friends with them no matter what”, he said hugging me.  I thought about what will happen a week after this, Fany’s hospital visit. Tae, Hyun and I will accompany her, suddenly I felt nervous and scared.

 

No One’s POV

            The week has passed and they haven’t seen much. Siwon have been busy with his studies only contacting Tiffany through his phone not seeing how pale she was these past few days. Taeyeon and Seohyun secretly stayed for a week in Tiffany and Jessica’s apartment to look after Tiffany. Yuri, Yoona and Sooyoung always hang out with each other this past week but sadness in Yuri’s eyes is still seen. The boys are always busy just like Siwon, they contact their girlfriends through phone except Kibum. The time arrives where Tiffany have to undergo bone marrow aspiration. Jessica, Taeyeon and Seohyun accompany Tiffany to the hospital.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

            Today will be Fany’s bone marrow aspiration procedure. Seohyun, Jessica and I are very nervous on how would they performed the test. The three of us browsed the internet to be aware of what will they do to Fany and it shocked us. To know what will happen only increase our nervousness and worry for Fany. We showed her our love and support not showing that we are also frightened on what will they do to her because knowing her she is scared of these things.

            “Tae, Sica, Hyun thank you for accompanying me today at the hospital. It relieves me because you three are here”, Fany said. Fear is seen in her eyes. This is the first time she will be getting so ill because she is always healthy, always exercising. “Fany, we care and love you so much to let you go alone by yourself to the hospital for this procedure. We will be always by your side Fany”, I smiled reassuring her. “Unnie, be strong we will just be outside the procedure room and will be waiting for you”, Seohyun said. Jessica just tapped her shoulder and hugged her. We were in a private room preparing for the nurse to call Tiffany. She changed into a hospital gown and took off all her accessories.

            “Miss Hwang, are you ready?” The nurse said. “Yes I am ready” Tiffany said. The nurse pushed a wheel chair inside that shocked us for a second. “What’s this? I don’t want to sit there. I still can walk. I want to walk to the procedure room”, Fany said. “I am sorry Miss Hwang. This is a protocol in the hospital for all patients that will undergo bone marrow aspiration. Please sit here for us to start”, the nurse said. Tiffany looked at us with sad eyes and she can’t do anything about it.

            Upon entering the room, we stood by the other door inside that connects to the procedure room. “Ma’am you are up to here only, you are not allowed to enter. As you can see, you can see her from here. You can look what is happening from here”, the nurse said. We nod by his statement and hold Tiffany’s hand. “Fany, we will just stay here. Be brave for us and for yourself, Fany-ah”, Sica said. Tiffany just nod as the nurse pushed her inside the room.

            As she entered the room, the doctor instructed her to lie facing the bed. The doctor unties the gown from behind showing Tiffany’s back. He disinfected the area where he will insert the needle. As he finishes disinfecting the back area of Fany, another doctor took out at the big needle. Seohyun gasped as the needle was passed to the doctor disinfecting Fany’s back. Fany was not aware of what is happening behind. While the treatment is on-going she is conscious, they didn’t even put anesthesia to her because it will affect the results. When the doctor inserted the needle to the back of Tiffany, we saw her winced, she is in pain already. The doctor pressed the needle harder to her back. Tiffany is in her most fragile state at that time. She burst into tears because of the painful procedure. All of us can’t take it any longer; Hyun is the first one to burst into tears. All of us are crying already we decided to leave the room and just wait for Fany to be carried in the other room.

Yuri’s POV

            I followed the girls, to the hospital. Wonder why I knew? I followed Tae and Hyun the other day when I saw them inside the supermarket buying fruits. I was shocked when they entered Sica’s apartment. I waited for hours if they will go home but when it is already night time I went home with no answers because they did not went back to their houses. I woke up early the next day and I saw Tae, Hyun and Sica, the three of them leaving the apartment going to school without Fany. I followed them for the past week and their routine is the same leaving Fany in the apartment in the morning but going home early in the afternoon.

            The girls went to a private room. I was just looking from afar near the nurse station wearing a disguised. A nurse went to the room with a wheel chair, and left the room with tiffany sitting in it wearing a hospital gown followed by the girls. Anger and disappointed vanished and it was replaced by guilt and fear. Guilt because why didn’t I see this coming. As a friend, I know that something is wrong but I didn’t ask them for more details about their problem. Fear, I am scared on what will happen to Tiffany. I love my friends so much I don’t want anything bad to happen to them. I followed until the procedure room. I still don’t know what they will do to Fany. I stayed outside the primary door of the room. Tae, Sica and Hyun were inside saying goodbye to Tiffany as she was escorted by the nurse in the next room. I watched them closely until Hyun burst into tears. I was frightened more and very anxious I want to go inside already. Sica and Tae hugged Hyun and they are already sobbing. They faced the door going outside the room; I panicked, put a cap on and lowered my head as they pass by me still crying. I went inside the room and saw what they are doing to Fany.

            I cried so hard. Fany, she is wincing in pain, crying so hard, as the doctor pressed the needle at her back. Seeing her like this hurts me more. I waited outside the room waiting for them to finish.

            I was waiting outside the room sitting on one of the benches. The door opened, Tiffany was lying in bed being pushed by a nurse to the private room they are in earlier. I followed them. Tiffany, her eyes were closed, pain is still present in her face, she is paler. I stopped outside as they carry her inside the room.

 

Seohyun’s POV

            I told Fany unnie that I will not cry but I can’t help it. Seeing her like that I can’t bear it. She was in deep pain. We went back to the room and waited for her to be carried there. Sica, Tae and I were just staring at the ceiling praying for her. After an hour, the nurse carried Fany unnie inside the room. Pain is still seen in her face and she got a lot paler. Her eyes are still closed bearing the pain she has experiencing. I hold my tears from then because I don’t want unnie hearing me crying because of her she won’t like it.

            They put unnie in the other bed to make her feel comfortable and then the nurses leave already. We stared at her and holding her hand, her eyes open and look at us smiling. In my mind, I was so proud of unnie because she is so brave. She is trying to tell us that she is ok even though she isn’t. We stayed like that until the door opened again. An unexpected person opened the door, goes in looking at us with her puffy eyes.

            I looked at her; tears are verging to fall down from my eyes. The only word that came out from my mouth is “Unnie” then I hugged her.



 

Chapter 6 checked! :) Sorry for the late update. It's been a hell week for me I just finished this chapter today'' hehe'' hope you like it I put my 100% on it because I got confused already'' haha'' I forgot what I wanted to do for this chapter because of my exams'' hehe'' I've finished reading fifty shades trilogy and it was awesome although it has so many rated scenes but the plot is good'' I am trying to construct chapter 7 already and hopefully I can upload it tomorrow'' hehe'' Thanks for reading my story :) Comment your suggestions and don't forget to subscribe :)