prizes

My Imperfect Man

 

SEOHYUN’S POV:

I walked closer to him and saw him smiling at me. We were looking at each other’s eyes as if we were missing each other. Well, I really did miss him. But I didn’t expect him to be the same. Or maybe I was just expecting too much.

I thought my nervousness faded when I saw him smile but I was actually wrong. The trembling and shaking doubled up as I reached them. I didn’t know what to do. It was as if I was going to fall in front of him, again.

Be strong Seohyun.

 “Congratulations!” he whispered to me as I stood beside him.

“th..thanks.” I said, with a trembling smile.

“So, Ms. Seo.. Are you ready to know what you’ve won?” the host suddenly interrupted our, I mean, my once in a lifetime moment. (to have to talk with Kyu. Urgh)

“Uhuh.” I said, still not letting go of my eye contact with Kyuhyun. And to my surprise, he did the same.

“First and foremost, because this is the 50th year of KangNam University, the administrators and organizers of this contest made the price extravagant.” The host said. The crowd went wild as if they were really happy for me. And I, on the other hand, was still looking at him.

“The very first thing that you’ll receive is a cash prize worth 100,000 won.” He said as everyone applauded again.

“Woah.” I said softly. Kyuhyun heard it and flashed a smile to me. Just with that, I thought everything was enough. I don’t need anything else. Okay, maybe I want something else like Kyuhyun’s phone number or something.

“Second, you will have a chance to have your song to be part of Kyuhyun’s upcoming album. And because your song is a duet, you will have a chance to sing it.. with him.”

I stayed silent. But my eyes widened and my mouth was wide open. I couldn’t believe it.

“This is too much.” I said.

“No, it’s just right for a talented and pretty girl like you.” Kyuhyun whispered again.

“And last but not the least, you’ve won a dinner date to an expensive restaurant with no other than Mr. Cho Kyuhyun. Isn’t that extravagant?” the host happily said.

I stared at Kyuhyun with disbelief in my eyes.

“You?” I said,

“Yep. With me!” he said as he let out a soft laugh.

“Once again, Congratulations Ms. Seo Joo Hyun! And every one, to give us another song, let’s give it up once again for Mr. Cho Kyuhyun!” the host said then he led me out of the stage.

“I would like to dedicate this song to Ms. Seo Joo Hyun. Congratulations for winning.” He said before he sang his latest song entitled Destiny.

As I arrived backstage, my tears suddenly started to fall.

Then suddenly, I saw Teayeon and Hyeoyeon run towards me.

“Seo!! I couldn’t believe it!” Taeyeon said as she hugged me.

“m…me too!” I said as I burst into tears and hugged them back tightly.

“Ms. Seo, we would like to talk to you about your prizes. I’ll be waiting at my office.” She said as she left us behind.

“You will really have to treat us.” Hyoyeon said.

“Of course Unnie!” I said as I let out a laugh.

“Come on, before it forfeits.” Teayeon said.

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

 

I was pissed, at some point, with the song because it was so damn long.

And immediately as I finish the song, I ran towards the backstage and looked for her. I felt suddenly disappointed when I saw her, with her friends going towards the exit.

I’ve been waiting for this for a while now! I shouldn’t let it pass by.

I gathered all my courage and called out her name. And to my surprise, she heard it and looked back to me. I immediately ran towards where there was and then looked at her. I mean, looked at her face closely.

“Hey!” I said.

“Hi.” She said back. I really was amazed by how beautiful she was.

“If you remember, we’ve met before? At the hospital?” I said.

“wow. You remember me?” she said looking surprised.

Yes, it was unusual for me to remember things like that.

“Of course, you were that mascot girl.” I said.

“Yeah. It’s quite embarssing..”

“No. It was cute, actually.” I said.

Okay, that was weird.

“thank you.” She said as she smiled innocently to me.

I suddenly felt something weird inside me and then, out of nowhere, I hugged her.

She looked really, really surprised and I was quite embarrassed of what I did.

“That’s for winning the contest. Congratulations.” I said.

“Thank you very much.”

“Well, I’ll see you again soon.” I said as I walked away from her.

What was I thinking? What the hell was that?

“Hey Kyu! Isn’t she that girl in the hospital?” My manager suddenly asked.

“Don’t talk to me, for now.”

“Hey! You’ll have a date with her tomorrow night! I have to know if you know her or not to prevent scandals.”

“Our date is tomorrow?” I asked my manager as I glared at him.

“ye..yes.” he said and then I walked away.

Tomorrow. I can’t wait….