Kyu the Rockstar

My Imperfect Man

 

“So, what can you say?” Sungmin asked as soon as we finished singing the song.

 

“It was awesome!” I said, feeling so overwhelmed.

 

“I was thinking of putting it up on my upcoming album.” Kyuhyun suddenly in.

 

I have to be honest, although I knew that my song will be part of his album, I never thought he’d think of putting up that version.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes. Absolutely! I have been telling the guys to do so but they kept on refusing me.”

 


“Guys! Come on, do me a favor, please? The song wouldn’t be as perfect as it is if you aren’t the one playing the song.”

 

“Okay. I’ll agree. But I want to make sure that it’s because of Seohyun, and not you Kyu.” Sungmin said as he smirked.

 

“Me too.” Minhyuk and Henry also agreed which placed a big grin on my face, including Kyuhyun’s.

 

“Yeah, I know I needed someone else to persuade you, tough guys.” Kyuhyun said and let out one of his signature evil smirks.

 

“Pft! Anyways, it’s already our stop right in the corner. So, just call us for the details.” Sungmin said as he was placing back his guitar inside its bag.

 

“Okay, I’ll call.”

 

As soon as the bus stopped, all three of them stood up and said their goodbyes to us. A few seconds after, I was once again left inside the bus alone with Kyuhyun.

 

“Those guys were really great! How’d you know them?” I asked, still filled with happiness.

 

“We went to the same school and used to live on the same neighborhood.”

 

“So you mean, the last stop used to be your stop before?” I asked.

 

“Yes. But I now live separately from my parents.”

 

“And, you have no plans of visiting them while you’re just near the neighborhood?”

 

“No. I can’t visit them.” He said, sounding so defensive as if there was something wrong with him and his relationship with his parents.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because, it’s almost 2am. They’re probably asleep.” He smirked.

 

“Yeah right. Pft.” I smiled and turned my attention to the city lights we were passing by.

 

“Where are we going next?” I asked as I turned my attention back to him a few seconds after.

 

“Hmmm. That is actually a very difficult question. It’s even harder than 1 plus 1.” He said with a very convincing facial expression.

 

“Pft! Come on. Where?"

 

“I have no idea.” He answered.

 

“I want to ask you a question, if it’s okay.”

 

“Go ahead, shoot.”

 

“If you weren’t a celebrity, what do you think will you be doing during this time of the night?”

 

“Easy. I’ll be playing starcraft.” He answered without any hesitation.

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Yep, seriously.”

 

“So, let’s go and play starcraft!”

 

“Naah. I can always play starcraft even if I’m a celebrity.”

 

“I knew it.. So, what else?”

 

“Hmm. I’d like to go to Hongdae and sing a rock song.”

 

“Yah! Is that part of your bucket list? You could always perform a rock song in Hongdae if you wanted to.” I teased.

 

“Yep, it’s all in my bucket list. And the twist of course is I wanted to do it without anyone noticing who I really am.”

 

“You really like to do some challenge, huh?”

 

“Life is boring without any challenges.” He sang while grinning.

 

“Alright, to Hongdae it is!” I yelled. The bus suddenly stopped which caught us off guard.

 

“You two, off the bus! This is not a taxi and I’m not going anywhere near Hongdae!” The driver suddenly yelled. Khyuhyun and I let out a soft laugh and immediately went out the bus. And as soon as we were out, both of started to laugh really, really hard.

 

********* IN HONGDAE**************

 

“Yah! Are you sure about this, Kyu?” I asked Kyuhyun again before we entered the New Horizon Bar. He said that he heard the bar allows anyone to come up to the stage and sing any song. He also stated that he really wanted to be in that bar for so long now.

 

“Yes! Affirmative.  And my name is not Kyu. It’s..”

 

“Sungmin! I know, I remember.”

 

“And your name is?” He asked, raising one of his eyebrow trying to test my memory.

 

“Sunkyu!”

 

“Very well! Let’s go!” He said and excitedly grabbed my arm towards the entrance of the bar.

 

Just like a usual bar, there were a lot of people inside, mostly around the same age as we have. They were dancing and drinking. At the time when we entered, a girl was singing a rock song beautifully, which made Kyuhyun a lot more excited.

 

Both of then went towards the mini bar, where the drinks were served and got the attention of the bar tender.

 

“How do we get to sing a song in there?” Kyu asked.

 

“You have to buy at least 4 bottles of beers.”

 

“Alright, give me 5 bottles!”

 

“Yah! Kyu.. SUNGMIN! What are you doing?!” I softly yelled.

 

“Don’t worry Sungkyu-ah! I’ll give you a bottle, if you want to.” He smirked and started drinking a bottle of beer.

 

I also took a bottle, not thinking of the possible consequence if I get drunk. I got 1 bottle just to prove to him that I, Seohyun, could also drink.

 

A few minutes after, Khyuhyun forcefully placed an empty bottle of beer on the table, which eventually caught the attention of everyone, including me.

 

“Bottom’s up!” He said and grinned.

 

I was left in awe because of the fact that I’m still half way through my beer and yet he was already done with his 4 bottles.

 

“So, do I get to sing now?” He asked the bartender again.

 

The bartender just grinned and grabbed him towards the stage. They whispered with each other for a few seconds then finally, the bartender grabbed the mic.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen! Please help me welcome, the fastest beer drinker of the night, SUNGMIN!” He yelled and the people also yelled with him.

 

In a count of 3, the drummer, the guitarist, the bassist and the one playing the organ started to play a song. At first, I wasn’t able to recognize the song but a few seconds past, I was quite sure that it was no other than..It’s my life by Bon Jovi.

 

With the first stanza, the crowd immediately went wild, just like the normal happenings during his concert.

 

And as the song went on, the crowd was still consistent. And of course, as a fan, I really did support him and yelled my heart out.

 

In the middle of the song, he suddenly went down from the stage and grabbed my hand. I was really caught off guard as he led me towards the stage.

 

“What are you doing?!”

 

“Come on! It won’t be fun if you won’t sing with me.” He grinned.

 

“What? No! I won’t, I can’t!”

 

“Come on!” He said as he gave me one of the microphones.

 

I was left with no choice but to sing with him. I mean, it would be really embarrassing if I just stood there, right?

 

Thankfully, though, I just stood there for a few seconds as the song ended really fast. Everyone cheered on us and Kyuhyun was grinning non-stop.

 

“Thank you!” He said as we bowed and went down the stage.

 

“WHAT the hell!” I yelled as I laughed.

 

“It won’t be as fun as that if you didn’t go on stage with me.” He said as he sipped from his bottled beer.

 

I just grinned and also took a sip from beer when a group of girls suddenly came near us.

 

“Yah, he looks like Cho Kyuhyun” I heard a girl whisper to her friend.

 

“Kyuhyun? Who’s that?” The friend responded.

 

“You know, the singer!” The girl replied.

 

And then, the two of them came nearer. I suddenly got threatened and went closer to Kyuhyun.

 

“Sungmin, I guess it’s time to go.” I said loudly, so that the girls would hear.

 

“Why? It’s still early.”

 

“Sungmin-ah! You know how strict my parents are.” I said while raising my eyebrows, trying to give him a signal.

 

“10 more minutes.” He said and took another sip from his beer.

 

As soon as the girls heard the word Sungmin, they slowly walked away from us. Maybe they really thought he’s not Kyuhyun.

 

10 minutes after, we finally decided to get out of the bar when suddenly, someone bumped into kyuhyun and made his wig fall. And then, those girls earlier suddenly screamed.

 

“It’s CHO KYUHYUN!”

 

My heart started to scream deep inside. I knew, I knew very well that we are in very big trouble!

 

***************************************************************************************************************************************

PLEASE COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!! I hope you're still reading this. :)