The most wonderful place in town

My Imperfect Man

 

Kyuhyun and I went out of his house and started walking around the neighborhood. I actually don’t know what gotten into him when he said he doesn’t want to drive. He’s really making a big risk in his entire career life.

 

“So, where are we going?” I asked him while we were walking on the side walk.

 

“I don’t know. Where do you want to go?” he asked back while smiling. He looked as if it was the first time he was able to roam around the area, just like a tourist.

 

“Well, there aren’t any nice places at times like this.” I said.

 

“The nicest place around here is the convenience store.” He smirked.

 

Okay, what’s nice about a convenience store?

 

“Hah. What are the fun things you could do inside a convenience store? Please enlighten me.” I sarcastically said.

 

“Eat ice cream, take a glimpse of a magazine, drink beer. Actually, there are a lot. It’s one of the most useful stores ever invented by men.”

 

“Every store is useful. And of course, convenience stores should be like that because they are there to make your life convenient.” I explained.

 

“Wow. Do you really have an explanation for everything?”

 

“No. Not everything.”

 

Because I couldn’t actually explain how happy I am that you are beside me on my birthday.

 

As soon as we were done talking, we immediately went inside the convenience store and grabbed two ice creams. We immediately paid for it and started eating.

 

“It’s quite odd eating ice cream in the middle of a cold night.” Kyuhyun suddenly said and continued eating.

 

I nodded but continued eating anyway. There was a moment of silence between me and Kyuhyun as we were walking towards nowhere. A few minutes after, he suddenly stopped and looked at me.

 

“Seohyun-shi, can you please remind me where exactly are we going?"

 

“Honestly, I have no idea.”

 

“So, we are just walking in this street which leads us to somewhere unknown?”

 

“Well, that is if we continue walking towards this path.”

 

“Hmm, I suggest we go somewhere nice.”

 

“And where is that, Mr.Cho?” I grinned. It actually feels weird, listening to him talking like a sir.

 

“Do you know where couples usually date?”

 

Did I just hear the word Date?

 

“I don’t have any idea. I’ve never been on a date before.” I confessed.

 

“Never? But you just had a date with me earlier. And if I may add, you are currently on a date with me.” He said and smiled.

 

Oh gosh. My heart. Please rescue my heart from this madness!

 

“Oh, I mean-“

 

“Wait, so that makes me your first date ever! Right?” He gladly asked.

 

“Well, yes.”

 

“Good! Now, I want to take you somewhere.” He said and grabbed my hand.

 

“W-where?”

 

“To the most wonderful place in town.”

 

When we finally reached the bus stop, Kyuhyun suddenly smiled to himself which, by the way left me really curious.

 

‘”I was wondering, where is this favorite place of yours?” I asked.

 

“We’ll have to ride a bus to get there.” He said.

 

After a few seconds of waiting, the bus finally arrived. Kyuhyun and I immediately went inside and sat, side by side.

 

“This is my most favorite place in town.” He declared.

 

“A bus? Why?”

 

“You’ll see.” He said and smirked.

 

A few minutes after, the bus suddenly came to a stop and a group of musicians came in. There was a guy who was holding  violin, the other was bringing a guitar and the last one was holding a single drum.

 

“KYU! Long time no see!” the person holding the violin said.

 

“Yeah! How are you guys?”

 

“Good! Who’s this girl?” The guy holding a guitar asked.

 

“Oh, this is Seohyun. Seohyun, these are the guys, the one holding the violin is henry, the one holding the guitar is Sungmin and that other one is Minhyuk.”

 

“Hey Guys!” I said and waived at them.

 

“Seohyun, here is the composer of the song I was talking about.” Kyuhyun suddenly announced.

 

“Really? WOW! I actually love that song!” Sungmin said.

 

“Yeah, me too!” Henry pooped in.

 

“Thank you, guys.”

 

I can’t believe he’s been telling people about my song.

 

“So, I was thinking, maybe we could let her listen to our version.”

 

“You have your version?” I asked in surprise.

 

“Of course! Kyu here, has been bragging things about the song and forced us to make our own version using our instruments.” Sungmin explained.

“Really? Then please let me hear it.”

 

One by one, they took out their instruments and on Minhyuk’s cue, everyone started to play.

 

Henry played his violin first. I was pretty amazed by how he played his violin and how he was able perfectly get the first lines of my song.

 

And then, Sungmin started to strum his guitar, as well as Minhyuk started to tap his drum. And then suddenly, Kyuhyun started singing.

 

I have to admit, it was one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard in my entire life.

 

After a stanza, Kyuhyun suddenly poked me, signaling me to sing the other part of the song. And because I was so touched, I sang the part.

I don’t even know how to describe the happiness I felt during that time. Maybe Kyuhyun was right, the bus was the most wonderful place in town. 

****************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N

it took me almost 3 months to finally have an idea on what to write next! woah. I'm so sorry for updating this late. FORGIVE ME!!

I'll try to update sooner! Please leave a comment and subscribe. :)