The song

My Imperfect Man

 

*Kyuhyun’s POV*

“Are you okay?” My manager suddenly interrupted me. I don’t know what exactly happened with me but after I met that mascot girl, a few days ago, I couldn’t actually stop thinking about her.

She’s just so.. I don’t know. I don’t exactly how to describe her. She’s pretty, yes. But there’s more to her than her pretty face.

“You’ve been in deep thought these past few days.” My manager interrupted me again.

“Yeah. Maybe it’s a way to relax.” I said as I took a sip of water.

“Don’t tell me you thinking of retiring?” My manager suddenly said.

“Do I look that old? I’m not retiring yet. I was just thinking of something.” I said.

“I hope it’s not a SOMEONE.” He emphasized. Then I started to wonder if I was that obvious.

“No. Definitely not.” I lied.

“Well, good then. “ he said as he stood up and walked away. But before he went out of my practice room, he suddenly passed a cd to me.

“That’s the song you’re going to sing in the school festival. It won the contest. You should listen to it and feel it. Okay? I’ll be back.” He said and went out of the room.

I immediately went towards the cd player and played the cd.

“This song is actually a duet, but this is the solo version of it.” A very familiar voice suddenly said.

At first I wasn’t really attracted to the song. The intro was quite catchy but it felt so lonely. But as the song moved on, I was quite impressed. The lyrics were so overwhelming and the voice was really angelic.

I wasn’t really satisfied listening to it once. I kept on playing it over and over again until finally went through my brain. The melody, the lyrics and the voice just kept on playing inside my brain.

After about an hour, my manger finally arrived.

“Have you heard it?”

“Who wrote it?” I immediately asked.

“Some college girl,”

“who?”

“I don’t exactly know her name but it seemed like it also ends in hyun.” He assured me.

I was clueless. It was as if I knew that person but I have no idea who it was.

“junghyun, bohyun, sunghyun.” I heard my manager mumble. A name suddenly flashed on my brain. I was quite confused if I would ask or not, because suggesting it would definitely make me expect that I’m right.

“AH! It’s Seohyun!” his words made me tremble.

Is it the same girl?  I kept on asking the same question inside my mind.

“How does she look?” I asked my manager again.

“Kyu, I actually have no idea! I was just given this cd. You’ll know the day after tomorrow what she looks like.” My manger assured.

The day after tomorrow, that’s still quite far.

“What you should do right now is to memorize that song and rest. Okay? We’ll practice it tomorrow.” He said and eventually went out of the practice room again.

I immediately grabbed the cd from the player and went down to the basement. While I was driving, I kept on listening to the song. And it kept on making me feel that there’s something missing in my life.

Maybe, that’s what the composer is feeling. Something is missing in her life.  I told myself.

**SEOHYUN’S POV**

“hey! Congratulations!”  I heard Eunhyuk yell at me.

“on what?” I asked as I walked near him.

“Oh God, don’t tell you still don’t know.” Hyoyeon suddenly said.

“Don’t know what?” I asked again. I was absolutely clueless on what they were trying to say.

“You won the song writing contest!” Hyoyeon happily informed me.

“REALLY?” I asked. I just want to make sure it wasn’t a prank.

“REALLY.” She assured me.

“Wow! I couldn’t believe it!!” I happily yelled. It wasn’t the first time that I wrote a song but it’s definitely the first time I won, a song writing contest.

“You know what, you should go to the administrator and ask the details!” She said as she grabbed my hand and led me to the school administrator.

“Good Morning.” I greeted her and then went inside her office.

“Oh! Ms. Seo! Congratulations.” Ms. Kim, our administrator said.

“Thanks ma’am.”

“Oh by the way, the song will actually be sung by a famous male singer! Are you excited for it?” Ms. Kim said while giggling.

“If I may ask, who will be the singer ma’am?”

“Oh-oh! I can’t tell you yet, you have to wait until tomorrow!” She said.

If it was Kyuhyun, I’d definitely be really, really happy. But I don’t think the school could actually afford to pay his talent fee, so I’m absolutely sure it isn’t him.

“Oh, okay ma’am.” I said, politely.

 

“So, Ms. Seo, be there tomorrow. Okay? The prizes for the contest will be explained on the awarding ceremony.” She said. And with that, I just nod and went out of the office.

“So, what did she say?” Hyoyeon excitedly asked.

“Well, she just said that the prizes will be explained tomorrow.”

“Oh! I thought there’s a cash prize and you could treat us today.” Eunhyuk said, quite disappointed.

‘Don’t worry! I’ll still treat you today!!” I excitedly said and walked with them. (EUNHYUK, the monkey was absolutely delighted.)

I’m hoping the prize is great!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'm sorry if the POVS are confusing. :)