Mascot

My Imperfect Man

 “Good Afternoon, my name is Seohyun, I’m Taeyeon’s friend.” I immediately introduced myself to the manager as soon as I arrived in the gateway plaza.

“Ah! Okay, please follow me” The manager said in a low and calm voice.

I followed her towards a small unoccupied room, and there, she pointed out the costume that I would be wearing.

“That one is your costume. Your job is simple; you’ll just have to give out balloons to the people, especially to the kids.” She informed me.

“Ma’am?  Where will I give the balloons?” I asked her.

“You have to stay near the entrance, there might a lot people out there today because a singer is having an autograph signing.”

I became curious on whom that artist was, but I remembered that I was there for the job, and not for the autograph.

I immediately wore the mascot attire and looked for the balloons. Honestly, If I wasn’t desperate to buy a new organ, I wouldn’t even think of entering this job.

As I calculated before, I would be earning 25,000 Won per hour, that means 100,000 Won for 5 hours a day and 700,000 Won for a week, more than enough to buy that musical instrument.

With that on mind, I was absolutely motivated to do the job.

I went outside the plaza and started to give out the balloons when suddenly, girls were flocking towards the right side of the plaza.

I admit it, I was absolutely curious, but then, I have job to do.

I focused myself again with my job when all of a sudden a girl yelled at her friend,

“Yah!! Hurry, they said Kyuhyun Oppa is already there!!”

Upon hearing that, my heart jump out from its place, and I whispered to myself,

“Kyuhyun Oppa?”

I wanted to ask the girl so badly if it was Cho Kyuhyun, but my costume was giving me a hard time and because I was really, really curious, I ran towards the right side of plaza.

And there, I answered the very same question I asked myself, I was absolutely right, it was Cho Kyuhyun, the love of my life! This is it, my chance of a lifetime!

I got really hyped up and I ran towards the stage. Girls were complaining, some even tried to attack me. Fortunately, I was protected by my costume, and I realized that it was absolutely right that I decided to enter this job.

I was happy that I ended up in the very front of the stage, but deep inside, I was scared. I know very well that I will be fired from my job by doing this, but then again, seeing the love of my life is a lot more important that having that Organ.

Few minutes had passed but Kyuhyun was still not there, and I was in deep agony inside. It was very hot and I was absolutely sweating.

I felt like I’m going to collapse, but when I was about to give up, people were suddenly cheering his name. So I tried to handle a bit more.

Then I looked in the stage, and there, I saw him sitting comfortably in his seat, smiling at everyone.

A person suddenly said that everyone should form a line. Everyone there flocked towards the line so used all the remaining energy that I had to be first in line.

Fortunately, I was able to be the 10th one. It’s already enough for me so I waited patiently for my turn.

Bit by bit, my energy was decreasing, and I felt even hotter inside.

After just a blink of an eye, I was already next in line. I excitedly waited, but I suddenly remembered that I had no paper or anything where Kyuhyun could sign, and my body was extremely giving up.

When it was already my turn, I walked slowly towards his table and saw his face clearly.

This time was the very moment I have waited for my whole life, then suddenly, my mind went blank, my body had already given up on me.

**KYUHYUN’S POV**

“You’re fans have been waiting for you for a while now” My manager told me.

“Really? Then I should go out now.” I told him and then prepared myself to appear in the stage.

I was excited to meet my fans, giving then back what they deserve. I’m really thankful to them for giving me their support.

As I reveal myself in stage, they were shouting really hard, and I was satisfied.

I looked at each and every one of them and saw their smiling face, some were even crying. Then I saw a single person that caught my attention.

I didn’t know if that person was a lady or man, I couldn’t tell at all, but I guessed that She is a girl, Why? Because that’s what her costume says.

I was really anticipating and looking forward in meeting her.

I then went to the table where I’m supposed to sign autographs. Everyone formed a line and I patiently sign a paper one after another.

Until the moment came when it was already the girl in a mascot’s turn.

I smiled brightly at her, expecting her to remove her head gear and show her face to me, but unexpected, she didn’t remove it.

So I changed my focus and waited for her to hand me a paper or something where I could sign, but then again, she handed me nothing.