dad, who's that?

That guy's daughter

You walked into your house and found your father is sitting next to a woman and two guys.

'they must be a family' you thought as you examine their facial features. L.Joe hold your hands nervously as you walk to greet your father.

"hi father." you bowed, followed by L.Joe.

"annyeonghaseyo." both of you bowed at the family. Their son turn his head to you and you can see his bored expression, you smiled at him.

"Chae Rin... please sit here" your father told you, pointing at the empty chair next to the guy.

L.Joe hurriedly sit next to you and look at your father anxiously. You know something's wrong.

"what's wrong L.Joe?" you whispered.

"it's an engagement." he whispered back and your eyes widen in shock.

"it's true.." the guy adds. you glared at him.

"what does it means father?" you asked your father. He smiled.

"well, since both of us, Mr. Kim and me wants to merge our territory we decided to marry you to his son, Kim Myungsoo. We've reached a final decision and you'll have your engagement announced at the party next week." he said.

Your jaw drop in shock.

"you never told me!" you said. L.Joe tugged your shirt, reminding you there're guests who's watching you.

"Sorry." you sigh.

"Myungsoo-ssi, this is my daughter Lee Chaerin." your father said.

Both of you shake hands. L.Joe didn't like him, you can tell by the way he looked at Myungsoo.

"Call me L" he said. "CL" you replied.

Your father and his parents soon are busy with their business conversation, while you and L.Joe went back to the living room. You let your slender body fell to the couch and the TV. L.Joe pouted his face while he sit next to you.

"what?" you asked him.

"you said you're gonna cook." he answered and you chuckled.

"ah, okay. What do you want to eat?" you asked him. His eyes brighten up. 

"um.... i want some fried rice!" he said. 

"didn't you eat dinner with your friends?" you sigh but still smiling as you walk to the kitchen to cook.

L.Joe is like your follower. He's a protective brother and he loves you very much. And you know if you told him about what your schoolmates said about you, he might go to your school and hit them one by one.

 

After he's done with the fried rice, your father called you.

"Chaerin!" he said and you hurriedly go to him.

"you should meet Myungsoo-ssi soon. you have to get to know each other okay." he said as he patted your back.

"ne appa. Thank you for coming" you bowed at Mr. and Mrs. Kim and L as they left your house.

 

"father, what was that?" you asked your father, annoyed.

he looked at you with his underestimating-eyes, and smirk.

"you have to continue our clan. and don't try to do anything stupid, or you'll know what i'm gonna do." he said.

"NO!" you shouted and his slaps landed on your right cheek. your lips started to bleed. L.Joe came to you and stand in front of you to protect you since you're father is going to hit you more.

"don't you hurt nuna!" he shouted and he got hit as well.

For half an hour, you and L.Joe are beaten by your father. After he left for work, you lie down on the floor, unable to cry. L.Joe didn't say anything. He kept holding your hand. You got up and went to the toilet, and sigh. It was an ordinary thing for you to be abused by your father. You wash your face and take a shower. when you walk out of the bathroom, your phone's started to ring.

"hello?" you asked.

"um, CL?" asked a girl. You recognize her voice. It's G.Na

"g.na?" 

"yes! um i was thinking, is it okay for me to sleep at your house tonight? i know we just know each other and all, but i'm having some troubles and all my friends are gone for the night.." she stuttered.

You hesitate.'if she came she'll know... but what if something's wrong with her?' you kept thinking.

"hello? CL?"

"ne?ah, yeah, sure." you finally answered.

"really? Thank you!i'll come over now!" she said and hung up before you could tell her your address.

an hour later she came with a small luggage. She grinned as you let her inside your mansion and followed you to your room. L.Joe who passed by her was greeted by G.Na.

"You must be L.Joe! nice to meet you!" she said cheerfully. You were surprised to see L.Joe smiled back and greet her back since he never like your friends.

"um,this is my room..." you said as you let her in to a huge room with bigger than-king-size bed and minimalist design.

"wow, this is huge..." she said as she put down her belongings.

You let her took shower and when she's done, both of you sit on the bed.

"hey CL..."

"hm?"

"I know. the guys know."

"what do you mean?"

"we know about your dad." and you turn your head to her,examining her face, looking for clues.

"..."

"i know, how the kids at school talked about you.. We've been there before. That's how we got together... And CL, you shouldn't worry about us leaving you... we like you already and the fact your dad is The Lee won't change anything.." she smiled.

Your eyes got teary and you hug her.

"thanks." you said and soon, both of you started to open up.

"you know about Choi's clan?" she asked when you asked her why she left her house. you nodded. Choi's clan is your father's friend.

"well, my dad and i have... disagreement and in the end, i decided to ditch home... oh my god, CL! what happened to you?" she asked, surprised to see bruise on your upper cheek when you comb your hair with your finger. 

"my dad. I'm gonna get engage with a guy i don't even know. He didn't even tell me about this... "

"when's the engagement?"

"next week, i'm sure you'll be invited since all of your father are my father's business partner and friends..."

"Oh CL... do you want it?" she asked you. You stared at her sincere eyes. No one except your brother have asked your opinion.

you shook your head.

"i want to fall in love. No matter how i might be Lee's daughter, i'm still a girl..." you whispered.

She hugs you and smile."well, we have to make a plan then!" she said grinning.

"what plan?"

 

***

2011/02/23 wednesday

by seoulchae

 

haven't update for a long time.. sorry guys, i have exams.. 

so please no silent readers! tell me what you think! comment and subscribe!