2OneDay + Sweetheart to the Rescue! (And the Truth?)

Eyes Like Stars

Considering that she couldn’t speak, because a hand muffled , and she couldn’t see, because a blindfold impaired her sight, Yumi finally gave up trying to put up a fight.

Following where the strong hands guided her, Yumi became like a rag doll.

‘This can’t be happening!’ She screamed in her head. ‘I didn’t even get to see everyone one last time! Am I going to die?!?!’

“Alright. We’re here,” A firm, but gentle voice said.

Stepping into a cool-aired space, Yumi failed about, trying to find somewhere sturdy to hold on to.

The hands swiftly took of the blindfold, and Yumi blinked to find herself standing in a small, enclosed room.

Turing towards the voice, Yumi was shocked to see her childhood friend, Kento looking back at her.

“Kento-Kun?” She questioned, switching her speech to the Japanese language.

“Haii, soudesu. (Yes, that’s right)” The boy stared back.

‘So that’s why the voice wasn’t harsh…’ Yumi sighed a breath of relief.

“I’ll get you a cup of tea,” Kento his heel and left the room, closing the door behind him.

‘Still acting like this? I know he’s dedicated to Otou-San because Otou-San took him in when he was an orphan, but he doesn’t need to act like a servant!’
Looking around the room, Yumi was surprised that she was sitting in her father’s office space. The picture of her mother, propped upward on the desk, was a dead giveaway.

“Here,” Kento hesitantly put down a china teacup in front of Yumi.

“Thanks, Kento-Kun. You didn’t have to…” Yumi smiled, then remember that she was just kidnapped. “Why did you kidnap me?” Her voice became rigid.

“You know I’ll do anything your father wishes me to,” Kento began.

“I know!” Yumi waved the comment off, “Tell me REAL reason…” She looked him dead in the eye, causing him to flinch.

“Okay. Well partly it’s because your father sent me. The other part is that, I really want you and your farther to have a chat. It seems as if you don’t know what he’s been up to these past 10 years.”

“Ha,” Yumi sarcastically laughed. “Why should I care about what he’s been doing? Why doesn’t he hear what I’ve been doing for these past 10 years? How I had to go through the toughest times during my school days, and grow up practically by myself because Aunt and Uncle were both working full time?”

Kento’s lip twitched. “Okay. I understand you’ve been through some stuff too, but your father’s been repenting for some time now. He’s not a bad person. He just wants to apologize to you.”

“I don’t need his apology,” Yumi bitterly said. “By the way. Did you ever think that just you abducting me is a bad idea?”

“Huh?”

“Look around, Kento-Kun. It doesn’t look like anyone else is guarding this place except you, and perhaps Otou-San is lurking around somewhere.”

“Your point is?”

“My point is that my boyfriend, plus his 10 other friends from his group, PLUS three more of my members from my group, could be coming for me this instant. Can you really take out all of them?” Yumi challenged.

“Did you forget that I know karate?” Kento broke out in a smile, while doing a full round kick.

Yumi rolled her eyes. “Sure, one person who knows karate up against 11, muscle-toned, ripped guys. Plus, one of my members knows taekwondo! Let me know how that goes for you…”

Kento lowered his balled fists and sighed. “I’m not looking for a fight, Yumi. Just talk to your dad.”

Yumi’s eyes wandered to the side.

“Sounds lively in here. Just like when you two were children,” A tall figure glided through the door.

Yumi stiffened.

“How’ve you been Otou-San,” Yumi bristled.

“Yumi…” The man settled in his large swivel chair. “Kento, would you mind getting me some black coffee.”

“Haii, Kimurayama-Sama,” Kento bowed, then exited the room again.

“Yumi…” Kumurayama-San began again.

“What?” Yumi snapped.

“Please, listen to me…” He pleaded.

“No! Especially not what you did to me last time! You’ve caused me hurt in the past, and now you’ve done it again, coming back and meddling into my life! What was with that ‘I won’t leave you alone’ last time I spoke with you? You were threatening me! Stop being to calm and eloquent!” Yumi fought back tears.

“Ah yes,” Kimurayama-San nodded, remembering. “I only said that because I was determined to let you know the truth. I know I looked a tad scary and cold. But Yumi, dear, you know that’s me. I’m not one who’d like to socialize comfortably.”

Yumi bit her lip, she did know, she loved her father when she was younger. “Don’t call me ‘dear’.”

“Okay, fine!” Kimurayama-San held up his hands.

“Kimurayama-Sama,” The door creaked open, and Kento stood in the doorway, holding a tray with coffee.

“Thank you Kento. You may stay if you wish.”

“Thank you Kimurayama-Sama!” Kento bowed and then stiffly settled on the couch.

“Fine!” Yumi blurted after a long, awkward silence of 5 minutes. “I’ll listen to only one part of your story. ONE PART and that’s it.”

“Well, one part is better than no part,” Kimurayama-San agreed.

“YUMI!” The banging on the front door echoed through the hallway and interrupted the talk.

“Nichkhun!” Yumi choked out, and got up.

“I’ll get it…” Kento pushed Yumi back and went to get the door.

“You!!!!! What have you done to Yumi?!?!?” Yumi could hear Nichkhun’s and all the there member’s voices.

“Release her!”

“Give her back!”

“Don’t make me punch you!”

“AISH! You punk!”

‘Kento-Kun probably doesn’t understand what they’re saying.’ Yumi thought.

“You’re right on time. Why don't you all come in?” Kento said, to Yumi’s surprise, in perfect Korean.

“What?”

“No questions. You want to see Yumi? Follow me.”

Yumi heard the footsteps as all people clamored up the stairs.

Kento pushed open the study, and Yumi beheld all the faces of 2OneDay members, and Sweetheart, all were panting.

“Everyone…”

“Yumi!” Nichkhun rushed forward, scooping Yumi in a huge hug, squeezing her tightly.

“Nichkhun. You found me!” Yumi nearly cried.

“We were lucky. Wooyoung new the basic way you went, and we found your shoe…”

It didn’t occur to her at the time, but as Yumi looked down, she was shocked to find that only her left foot had a ballet flat on it.

“We then split up again, and finally found this place…” Nichkhun finished.

“Well, this looks like a happy reunion.” Kimurayama-San chuckled.

“Don’t touch her,” Nichkhun stood in front of Yumi, shielding her.


Nichkhun’s side of the story:

Running up the street, Nichkhun had to stop for breath.

‘Yumi. Whoever did this to you, I’ll kill him!’

“This is a song for you~” Nichkhun’s ringtone went off.

Shuffling around, Nichkhun dug out his phone and saw he had a new text message from jaebum:


‘Let’s meet at the bus stop in two hours. We’ll inform each other about any clues we find about Yumi.
Good luck all! HWAITING!’



‘Righto.’ Snapping his phone shut again, Nichkhun took a gulp of air and continued running up the street.



Two hours later, Nichkhun arrived at the bus stop, worn out. He felt he had searched all of Seoul practically, though he knew of course it wasn’t true. He still hadn’t found any clues.

“KHUNNIE-HYUNG!” Jo Kwon’s voice rang out and Nichkhun saw a hand frantically waving at him.

Jogging towards the group, he saw that most of the group was present, except for the jaebum and Chansung group, and Sunah and Eun Jung.

“Any clues?” He frantically pushed.

“Let’s wait until everyone’s here. Save our breath,” Taeceyon looked grave.

“Sorry! We’re here!” jaebum and Chansung ran towards the group.

“Yeah! Sorry we’re late!” Sunah and Eun Jung caught up.

“Any clues?” Nichkhun repeated.

“Not any big ones,” Junsu said. “I didn’t see anything.”

“Me either,” Junho sighed.

“Or me,” Taecyeon groaned.

“Nada,” Seulong shook his head.

“Zip,” Jo Kwon pursed his lips.

“Same…” Jinwoon pathetically offered.

“Great,” Nichkhun turned to the others.

“Sorry,” Sunah and Eun Jung shrugged.

“I didn’t get anything either,” Bomi’s eyes became dilated.

“No one seemed to know anything except that Yumi left the building at 7:00 P.M.,” jaebum puffed up his cheeks.

“Yeah, they said she was on her phone…Don’t know what that has to do with anything, but hey, it was a clue,” Chansung added.

“Uh, guys…” Wooyoung hesitantly said.

“What?” Nichkhun was frustrated.

“I went the way I saw her being dragged away, and I found this…” Wooyoung held up Yumi’s silver ballet flat.

“Woah! Wooyoung! You’re the man!” Nichkhun could barely contain his excitement.

“Let’s go! Move out! We’ll search that area next!” Taeceyon boomed.

All moved towards where Wooyoung had found Yumi’s shoe, and split up.

Looking at his watch Nichkhun read the clock to be about 10:20 P.M.

‘I hope we can find her in at least another hour. It’s going to get dark soon!’ He worried.

“KHUN-HYUNG!” Jo Kwon shrieked.

“What?!?!” Nichkhun nearly jumped out of his skin.

“Look!” Jo Kwon pointed to a mansion building, it stood tall and proud.

“And what makes you think she’s here?” Nichkhun asked, slightly annoyed. He usually loved Jo Kwon’s “stupidity,” but he wasn’t in the mood for it today.

Jo Kwon then pointed to the name-plate:


KIMURAYAMA


“Jo Kwon!” Nichkhun yelped. “This is great! Get everyone together!”

About thirty minutes later, all persons were gathered, and stood at the front door.

“Uhm, I don’t know about this,” Junho flinched.

“Don’t be a baby! This is for Yumi!” Junsu glared.

“Yeah, but. We don’t know what we’re walking into. We don’t know who or how many persons are waiting for us behind that door. What if it’s full of security we have to fight off? Fighting isn’t good!”

“Would you stop it?” Taeceyon snarled. “We can take them! Do we really have a choice not to fight, Junho? Like you said, we don’t know what lies ahead.”

“Mmmm…” Junho finally gave in.

“Who’s going to knock?”

Everyone stood frozen for at least five minutes.

“AISH!!!!! I’ll just do it!” Wooyoung bravely stepped forward and violently knocked at the door.

“YUMI!” Nichkhun yelled.

Five seconds later, the latch on the door clicked, and then opened, revealing a young Japanese man.

“You!!!!! What have you done to Yumi?!?!?” Nichkhun spat.

“Release her!” Junho feebly offered.

“Give her back!” Jo Kwon innocently argued.

“Don’t make me punch you!” Taeceyon stood up and sized down the boy.

“AISH! You punk!” Seulong growled.

“You’re right on time. Why don't you all come in?” The boy told everyone in Korean.

“What?” Nichkhun was surprised. ‘K-k-k-k-korean’s good! Better than mine! GRRRRRRR! I hate him more!’

“No questions. You want to see Yumi? Follow me.”

The boy turned and led the whole party up the stairs.

Pushing open a large door, Nichkhun looked in to see Yumi sitting before a man, probably her father.

“Everyone…” Yumi rose at the outburst.

“Yumi!” Running forward, all Nichkhun wanted was to hold Yumi in his arms.

“Nichkhun. You found me!”

“We were lucky. Wooyoung new the basic way you went, and we found your shoe. We then split up again, and finally found this place.” Nichkhun explained.

“Well, this looks like a happy reunion.” The man behind the desk said, amused.

“Don’t touch her,” bracing himself in front of Yumi, Nichkhun was ready to challenge this man, who dare bully his Yumi.