Does He Like Me?

Eyes Like Stars

Yumi felt her eyes flutter open. Blinking rapidly, she tried to steady her gaze.
‘Ow…my head hurts!’ She winced.

“You’re awake?” Yumi stiffened and slowly rotated her head towards the left. Nichkhun was staring at her (AGAIN?!?!) and had his arm casually flung around her shoulder. Freaking out, Yumi struggled to recall what had happened.

“AAAAAAAAAAH!”

“Woah there,” Nichkhun chuckled seeing Yumi flail around.

“W-w-w-what are you doing here? Why are you in MY room? What’s going on?” Yumi wailed.

“You were on your way to the JYP Entertainment studio, yet you fainted when boarding the bus. Thankfully I caught you.”

“Uh, well thanks. Uhm…anything else?” Yumi raised her eyebrow, sensing the amusement in Nickhhun’s tone. ‘Seems pretty proud of himself to have caught me…’

“Well not really,” Nichkhun said glancing at Yumi’s clock. Yumi felt herself go red with embarrassment.
‘Oh my gosh…He’s looking at my Hello Kitty clock, that’s awkward.’

“OH SH-“ Nichkhun stopped. Yumi’s eyes grew wider for she had never heard an idol swear before. “I gotta run,” Nichkhun corrected himself, “I have a schedule and I’m late meeting my band-mates.” He stood and brushed himself off as if to shake any dirt or wrinkles out from his clothing.
“I’m so sorry! I hope I didn’t make you very late,” Yumi bit her lip, she felt awful. ‘Great. Now he probably thinks I’m totally weird. I fainted and then I make him late for his schedule, nice…very nice…’ She yelled to herself.

Waving to Nichkhun, Yumi watched him disappear into the wet atmosphere that had gathered since that afternoon from the rain. Watching him leave, Yumi felt a pang of sadness. She didn’t want him to leave. Returning inside, Yumi looked at the time, just like Nichkhun had earlier. It read 4:00PM. (Haha, Nichkhun isn’t just late…he’s SUPER LATE! XD)

Sighing, Yumi quickly remembered she had her Korean language class. Over the course of the next hour, Yumi washed up, cleaned up her side of the room, and did some last minute studying. She was just about to head out when the door flew open and Sunah and Yumi found themselves face-to-face.

“Oh my gosh!” Sunah squealed with delight. Her pretty face shone with excitement and her eyes twinkled. Her rosy cheeks had a tad more flush than it usually did. Judging from her overall appearance, Yumi guessed something good had happened.

“What’s the good news?” She said, a tad rushed, because she was on her way to class. Clasping Yumi’s hands with her own, Sunah spilled what was on her mind in a super fast mode, knowing that Yumi had a class to get to.

“Okay so, I was walking back from my vocal lesson. I was just exiting the studio in the building when I crashed into this super hot guy! He wasn’t in a rush, in fact, he wasn’t running or walking fast at all! Anyways that’s not important. So I crashed into this guy, and I’m like, ‘Oh goodness, I’m so sorry!’ Do you know how he replied? He said, ‘It’s okay since I’m in no rush. Hey, you’re pretty cute. Join me for a coffee?” Of course I said yes, and that’s why I’m a tad late this evening. We had a great coffee meeting! We just immediately clicked! I found out that he’s a part of a group called 2PM and his name is-,”

“Sorry Sunah. I’d really love to hear the rest, but look at the time!” Yumi jabbed her finger in the direction of the clock.

“Oh, whoops. You really do need to go or you’ll miss the bus and you’ll be late,” Sunah made an ‘oopsy-daisy’ face, “well see ya afterwards! I’ll tell you the rest later when you get back!” Sunah gave that same cute salute she did to Yumi at the audition. It had become her signature move, you could say.

“Yup, see you then!” Yumi dashed out the door. Running towards the bus shelter, Yumi had time to think. ‘Sunah looks so happy…she must be in love! Ah…that sounds nice! I wanna get a boyfriend too!’ That thought about ‘boyfriend’, Yumi found herself thinking about Nichkhun again.
‘Hm, I wonder if Nichkhun was my boyfriend. He seems like good boyfriend material. I mean, he DID bring me home at take care of me when I fainted…wait what am I thinking about?’ Yumi vigorously shook her head, trying to get the thoughts out of it. ‘I don’t even know if he LIKES me. Do I like him? I suppose I do…but does he feel the same way???’

“AAAAAH I DON’T KNOW!!!!!!” Yumi yelled into the damp air…

Nichkhun’s side of the story:

Nichkhun carried Yumi up the dorm stairs. ‘Wow, she’s really light,’ he thought, not that he was terribly surprised for she was tiny anyways.
Rummaging through Yumi’s bag Nichkhun had found out Yumi’s dorm number and key. Pushing open the door that exited the staircase Nichkhun walked down the 3rd story hallway and stopped at room number 325. Using the key, Nichkhun pushed open the door and walked into the dark dorm.

Looking around the small dorm, Nichkhun wasn’t sure which room was Yumi’s and settled for the white, leather couch in the small living room. Setting Yumi down carefully, Nichkhun pulled a blanket over her and sat next to her, waiting her to wake up.

Though he knew he should be getting back the studio, Nichkhun just couldn’t bring himself to leave Yumi. Studying her face, Nichkhun became captured in her peaceful expression. He couldn’t help himself. Gently sliding nearer, he wrapped an arm around her and rested his head above hers. Closing his eyes, Nichkhun fell asleep.

- 1 hour later (3:50ish) -

Nichkhun opened his eyes. Looking downwards, he glimpsed at the rich brown color of Yumi’s hair. Smiling to himself he though, ‘if it was like this all the time…I’d give up everything.’ Suddenly, he felt Yumi stir and her eyes slowly opened.

‘Ow…my head hurts!’ She complained while clutching her head.

“You’re awake?” Nichkhun replied.

“AAAAAAAAAAH!”

“Woah there,” Nichkhun laughed as Yumi jumped up and began to freak out.
‘She’s so cute!’

“W-w-w-what are you doing here? Why are you in MY room? What’s going on?”

“You were on your way to the JYP Entertainment studio, yet you fainted when boarding the bus. Thankfully I caught you,” Nichkhun explained to her.

“Uh, well thanks. Uhm…anything else?”

“Well not really,” Nichkhun looked over at Yumi’s clock.
‘Hello Kitty, haha, super cute!’ Nichkhun smiled to himself. Unfortunately, that smile was soon wiped away when he saw the time.
“OH SH-“ Nichkhun caught himself. “I gotta run. I have a schedule and I’m late meeting my band-mates.” Nichkhun felt sorrowed. He really wanted to spend time with Yumi.

“I’m so sorry! I hope I didn’t make you very late!”

“Nah, it’s all good,” Nichkhun comforted Yumi, ‘Well, not really. I’m officially late. 4:00PM?!?!? Great, I’m going to get chewed out by my manager.’
Running back to the bus stop, Nickhun barely made it and got back to the studio. Just like he expected, he was scolded but not by his manager, by jaebum. Nichkhun was sorry towards s who he’d held up and made them missed their event, but it was almost impossible not to laugh at jaebum’s lecture filled with ‘yos’ and ‘conspiracies.’

After jaebum’s ridiculous scolding, Nichkhun went to 2PM’s dance room for practice. As he and 2PM moved to the beat, he couldn’t take his mind off Yumi.
‘Next time I’ll tell her how I feel…Next time…’ he determinedly thought…