Tangled Love

Eyes Like Stars

For the next three weeks, Yumi didn’t have time to be bothered by her slightly dramatized love life. She was busy with her debut preparations and was training harder than ever. It wasn’t the tedious trainee schedule, but she had many extra classes she needed to attend.

Yumi and her members were required to attend special classes, such as basic MC and variety show skills to help them get a leg up because of all the offers that JYP expected the girls to get after their debut.

JYP was also struggling with changing the girl group’s name. He had decided that ‘Dream’ was too vague and didn’t exactly fit the group image. He was going to name them ‘Angel’ but the idea was rejected because of the ‘You’re Beautiful’ drama’s fake idol group name, A.N.Jell.

According to Yumi, she didn’t see the need for a change in a name, but apparently to JYP this was a serious matter. He believed that these four girls would be a new sensation for all of Korea.

Through a fake smile, Yumi managed to pull through those three weeks, without seeing Nichkhun more than once a week.

It broke her heart that she couldn’t spend more time with him, but it also seemed as if something was on his mind every time they met. It wasn’t as magical and as fun as it used to be.

‘I guess that’s going to happen at some point,’ Yumi sadly thought. ‘I mean, we can’t ALWAYS have fun and games in our lives. I just hope he doesn’t get tired of me and leave or something. I wouldn’t be able to live if he did.’

“Something on your mind?” Yumi felt a hand curl around her waist.

Blushing a tad, Yumi in embarrassment squirmed in Nichkhun’s lap.

“No, I’m just…”

“Are you thinking of someone?” Another question that made her squirm.

“Uh, no not really. Okay yes, you.” Yumi reluctantly gave in.

She heard Nichkhun’s soft chuckle and she looked down as he pushed a stray hair out of her face.

“You’re beautiful. I can’t believe you’re almost ready to debut. It’s only three days away. I would assume that JYP would want you slaving away in the studio, but it seems as if he gave you girls the day off?” Nichkhun curiously questioned.

“Yes, JYP feels it better that we rest for a bit, and throw ourselves into our work. I mean, we won’t have many more minutes to ourselves after debut.”

“I remember when 2PM debuted…” Nichkhun whistfully looked into the distance.

“Was it hard?” Yumi pressed her forehead to Nichkhun’s shoulder.

“Of course it was silly!” Nichkhun lightly tapped Yumi’s nose. “I hardly knew Korean! I basically had to improvise!”

Giggling Yumi leaned in to kiss Nichkhun. One kiss turned into two, then three, and then four. Pretty soon, Yumi felt Nichkhun’s lips on her cheek and move their way down to her neck. Trying to steady her breathing, Yumi gently hugged Nichkhun’s head and welcomed his kisses.

About two minutes later, Yumi found herself on the couch, Nichkhun on top of her. She felt his hands wander around her body and she gasped.

“Uhm…that’s far enough,” she smiled and pulled away.

“Aw, why?” Nichkhun was pouting.

“Well, I’m just not into…you know…until I’m married.”

“Seems reasonable. Okay, we’ll wait.” Nichkhun surprisingly was okay about the situation, and instead, grabbed Yumis hand.

“W-w-w-what?” Yumi felt confused. ‘Is this a proposal or something?’

“I know what you’re thinking.” Yumi jumped inside at Nichkhun’s remark. “Don’t worry, I’m not exactly proposing officially, but I’m positive we’ll be together!”

“Aw, you’re so sweet!” Yumi gave a grin and leaned in to Nichkhun.

The couple was silent again, and Yumi’s mind began to wander through the conversation she had had with Wooyoung a while back.


“Do you love him?”

“Then you should believe in him. Don’t be so worried. You’ll only make him worry even more.”

“…2OneDay members have been together since trainee days. We know each other very well. And also…also…”



‘What was the ‘also’ part about?’ Yumi wondered. ‘I don’t have a clue. ‘And also…’ darn! I can’t think of any endings that would fit!’

“What’s wrong? You look frustrated.” Yumi turned to gaze into Nichkhun’s eyes.

“Uh, nothing!” Yumi turned away.

“Yumi, what’s wrong? What were you thinking of?”

Knowing she couldn’t lie to him, Yumi blurted, “okay! I was thinking about Wooyoung. He was starting to say something before you came and hunted me down!”

Nichkhun’s face clouded. “Wooyoung…” He repeated the name with a grunt. “Listen, I’m not going to tell you to stay away from him, Wooyoung’s my friend and a good guy. However, I would be a little cautious. I think he likes you.”

“Likes me?” Yumi said in disbelief. “No way. I haven’t talked to him that often!”

“That doesn’t determine loving or liking someone on a whole. Remember? I fell in love with you before knowing your name.”

“Well sure…but…”

“But nothing. Let’s talk about something else.”

Biting her lip, Yumi’s eyes became saddened. ‘Wooyoung…you can’t like me. I certainly don’t have feelings for you. I’m sorry.’ “I love you.” She offered to Nichkhun.

Nichkhun’s face softened at the words. “As do I. I love you too.”


Nichkhun’s side of the story:

Nichkhun would never admit it to her, but he’d also been thinking about Wooyoung and Yumi’s connection.

‘They wouldn’t be THAT great together…Okay, they’d look good together, but their personalities would be weird together. For some strange reason, Wooyoung’s into ssanti stuff now, and Yumi’s so sweet, she deserves someone who can take things seriously.’

In frustration Nichkhun grabbed his head.

‘ARGH! I just want her to myself! She’s just so cute, I love her so much! I can’t bag on my long-term friend just because he’s interested in my girlfriend. God, I have to stop thinking so seriously about this.’

Walking into the 2PM dorm, Nichkhun was immediately pounced on by very familiar frame.

“YA KHUNNIE-HYUNG! YOU’RE HOME!”

“WOAH!” Nichkhun jolted and turned around. “I wonder how many times you’ve done that to me since we met, Jo Kwon!”

Jo Kwon laughed and danced around, “With Yumi?”

“No way, I just leave when I want to, to do…hm…I don’t know, some shopping or go some place else in public where I can be bombarded by fans. Of course I was with Yumi.”

“Good point,” Jo Kwon smiled.

“Anyways, why ARE you here?” Nichkhun sighed.

“YAH! I’m always welcome here! I’m part of 2OneDay. Plus I’m 2AM’s leader. You should show some respect. DO IT RIGHT!”

“Hm, true. But I’m your hyung. Shouldn’t you respect me?” Nichkhun threw right back.

“WAH! You got me…” Jo Kwon pouted.

“How can Ga In deal with you?” Nichkhun shook his head.

Jo Kwon’s eyes widened. “YAH! GA IN – HONEY CAN HANDLE ME JUST FINE! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”

Nichkhun blinked, “okay. How much sugar have you had today?”

“Uhm, none. I don’t need sugar to be hyper!”

“True…” Nichkhun grabbed a cup of water from the kitchen and relaxed onto the couch.

“Oh, something’s on your mind. What’s up?” Jo Kwon stopped dead in his tracks and plopped right down next to Nichkhun.

“It’s Yumi. Well no, Wooyoung. Well no, Yumi. Okay, it’s both Wooyoung and a little bit about Yumi.”

“I sense trouble. Keep talking.”

“Well, when I brought Yumi to meet 2AM that day awhile ago, I caught the two talking outside by themselves. Apparently the situation was that he was comforting Yumi because she was overwhelmed. I managed to claim Yumi back, but I heard the beginning of Wooyoung’s sentence and it bugged me. He was saying ‘and also because I…’ or something like that.” Nichkhun spilled.

“OOH! A LOVE TRIANGLE!” Jo Kwon sang out.

Nichkhun glared. “Shut up! You want to hear this, or do you want me to throw you out?”

Jo Kwon sat back down and did the ‘zip the mouth, and throw away the key’ movement.

“I actually have seen signs of Wooyoung interested in Yumi a long time back, but I ignored them. I’ve noticed how he looks at her. It’s obvious he likes you. However, Yumi, being as sweet as she is, doesn’t really notice. I’m concerned she’ll fall for him or something. Yes, you may now talk.”

“Wow. That sounds pretty serious. I mean, Wooyoung and you are close! Practically all 2OneDay members are all brothers!”

“Yeah,” Nichkhun leaned back and sighed again.

“Hey,” Jo Kwon became serious. “Just tell her straight out about your feelings.”

“I did, in fact, I did it right before I came home.”

“Well then, what’s to worry about?”

“I guess…but still…”

“I’m home!” The shuffling of feet trying to take off his shoes came from the entrance of the dorm.

“WOOYOUNG-HYUNG!” Jo Kwon’s serious emotion and totally vanished and he was now jumping up and down like a puppy who’d been waiting for it’s owner the whole day.

Nichkhun’s jaw stiffened and he stood up. “Welcome home. You're home early.”

“My program was canceled today.” Wooyoung stared back.

“I’m going to my room,” Nichkhun walked past Wooyoung and on the way, leaned slightly in. “Don’t try to steal Yumi. She’s mine, and I won’t let her out of my sight. I’m also watching you.”


Wooyoung’s side of the story:

Wooyoung’s facial expression didn’t change as he received Nichkhun’s warning. When Nichkhun was out of earshot he blew out a breath and then realized that Jo Kwon was standing next to him.

“I know already,” Jo Kwon stared at Wooyoung. “Come, sit. Let’s chat.”

“Well this is rare, Jo Kwon being serious,” Wooyoung tried to smiled.

“SIT!” Jo Kwon snapped.

“Oh, okay, sorry!” Wooyoung held up his hands in defense and sunk into the couch.

“What are you doing, Wooyoung-Hyung? Have you even thought this through before you got yourself into it?” Jo Kwon spoke softly, but it was obvious that he was admonishing Wooyoung, even if Wooyoung was his hyung.

“I’ve tried to suppress the feelings. It hasn’t worked.” Wooyoung bit his lip.

“Look, I understand that part. But man, ‘cmon! You can’t be going after your friend’s girlfriend! That just isn’t right.”

“I know.” Wooyoung hung his head.

“I care about you too Wooyoung-Hyung, but I’m afraid that your feelings are creating insecurities between Yumi and Nichkhun-Hyung.” Jo Kwon ruffled Wooyoung’s hair.

“I understand. I’ll try my best to restrain myself. Maybe I should find someone else to occupy me.”

“NO! It’s not a good idea to start a relationship with someone else until you’ve gotten over Yumi. You’ll just be using the poor girl, and it won’t feel good.”

“True, Jo Kwon, how do you know all about this kind of stuff?”

“I don’t know,” Jo Kwon scrunched up his face, as he wasn’t sure where all this seriousness had come from. “But regardless, it’s not good to get into a relationship unless you’re ready.”

“I guess. Sorry.”

“Don’t be apologizing to me. It’s him you need to apologize to!” Jo Kwon jabbed his finger at Nichkhun’s room.

“Thanks Jo Kwon. You're a really good guy. Ga In - Noona is truly lucky to have a guy like you as a ‘husband.’

“REALLY?!?!? OH MY I’M SO HAPPY YOU SAID THAT!” Jo Kwon jumped up and returned the to ‘sunflower mode.’ “Well I gotta get going now. Shooting ‘We Got Married’ today. Wish me luck!”

“See you, Jo Kwon” Wooyoung waved as Jo Kwon bounced out the door.

Clearing his throat and squaring his shoulders, Wooyoung made way for Nichkhun’s room.

Knocking on the door, Wooyoung was replied by a muffled ‘come in.’

Creaking the door open slowly, Wooyoung found Nichkhun lying on his back on his bed, looking at the ceiling.

“What do you want, Wooyoung?” Nichkhun dully spoke.

“I need to apologize to you.”

Nichkhun slowly sat up and looked at his hands. “Okay.”

“Nichkhun, I’m sorry. I know I should not have liked Yumi in the first place, but I couldn’t hold my feelings in.”

“Apology accepted. I’m not so shallow as to hold a grudge to you about this.” Nichkhun smiled. “I don’t mind you being friends with her though! You’d make a good friend for Yumi.”

“Thanks,” Wooyoung smiled, happy that his friend trusted him again. “I promise you I will not abuse this privilege.”

“Ha, I know you won’t.” Nichkhun laughed, then his face became serious. “But if you make her cry or anything, you’ll answer to me….JUST JOKING! But seriously…haha”

“I know.” Wooyoung smiled back. ‘We’re back to normal. That’s great! Yumi, I’ll find a time to apologize to you sometime. I won’t confess to you, not in a million years, but my feelings haven’t changed yet.’